ORAS OU First OU team.

So I made this team on Showdown a few days ago and have been getting about 5/10 wins and I just wanted to see if there's anything I can change to make it better. I also used Smogon's dex to help me out with the team.

Draco (Gyarados-Mega) (M) @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang

I chose Mega Gyarados because I needed a Pokemon to cover Chandelure and Alakazam. Mega Gyarados is also a really good sweeper, so I can easily switch into him when "Chante" or "Houdini" is in trouble and wreck the Pokemon opposing me. I chose Ice Fang because of the grass, flying, ground, and dragon type coverage, plus with the adamant nature and 252 Atk Evs make it a hard hitter.

Chante (Chandelure) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Trick
This is the pokemon that I started out with, I chose Chandelure because I like the look of it's typing. It can take out grass and psychic types with ease. The choice scarf makes it a good revenge killer. With it's moves, Fire Blast and Shadow Ball are both good STAB moves for Chandelure to use, and with the choice scarf, good to sweep. Energy Ball is for water and ground type coverage. Honestly I don't use trick that much. I mean if there was a Pokemon that was already faster than Chandelure then I would use it.

Sombrero (Breloom) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Tomb

I chose Breloom because of it's physical attack power and the water, rock, and dark type coverage. Breloom's moves all take advantage of Technician (except for Spore), which is what I wanted. Mach Punch also has the ability of hitting first and STAB which is great for a fast sweep. Rock Tomb is when I'm in trouble, like for instance, maybe Draco and Daryl (Excadrill) have fainted and I have no type coverage. Well I can just use Rock Tomb, get the Technician boost and get the sweep.

Daryl (Excadrill) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock

I chose Excadrill because it's a good defensive pokemon and has type coverage over my team. I mostly chose Daryl for the fairy type coverage, but over the battles I've done, he's come in real handy. One of my battles, it was three Pokemon v.s. Daryl and I had lost all hope that I would win. My opponent uses a move and it does so little damage that Leftovers almost completely heals him. Than I literally sweep all three pokemon and get myself a win. Daryl's moveset I chose for STAB moves, hazard cleaning, and setting up rocks for extra damage.

Houdini (Alakazam) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute

I mostly chose Houdini for the type coverage, and I haven't had much experience with him during battle because he dies almost instantly. If I had to switch a pokemon it would be him. I feel like I'm using Subs at the wrong time. Like I don't know when to use it. I chose his moves for STAB and type coverage. Substitute just doesn't appeal to me.

June (Clefable) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect
I chose this Pokemon for defense and support. I really needed a kind of healer for my team. Also I chose for the fairy type coverage. It's moveset consists of a hard-hitting STAB Fairy type move, Heal Bell to heal status conditions, and then Wish and Protect, to heal pokemon and protect for June to protect herself while the wish gets to her.

I'd really appreciate some feedback on this team. This is literally the first team that's actually gotten me some wins that I've made. If there's anything better I can do for this team, and if there's any tips you can give on competitive battling I'd really appreciate it and use it in battle.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)