ORAS OU (First RMT) Balanced OU

Hello, I'm posting this team looking for advice. I'm currently sitting around 1500 in OU trying to improve where I can. Rate my Team seemed like a good step. This team isn't based around anything in particular. It has developed from my favorite Pokemon into a balanced team.

Cavaliere (Volcanion) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Steam Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Ice]

I use Volcanion as a primary water switch in, or some steel switch ins like Scizor or Ferrothorn. Water Absorb helps water threats against my Landorus-T or Excadrill. I decided to keep Choice Specs for additional damage. It's helps by 2HK0 unsuspecting switch ins like Rotom-W even. Sludge Bomb and Hidden Power Ice are simply additional coverage for fairy or Latios/Latias switches.

Peshka (Clefable) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell
- Thunder Wave

Clefable is my answer to Pokemon that setup (Unaware) and all dragon types. I have Thunder Wave to help slow potential threats and to help my team setup. I prefer Heal Bell over Wish to out predict excessive Thunder Wave switches and to help with burns/toxic. Calm Mind and Moonblast are for chip damage and late game sweeps.

Arcivescovo (Cloyster) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Skill Link
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Ice Shard
- Shell Smash

Cloyster can be my late game sweeper/revenge killer. I use Focus Sash to primarily setup Shell Smash or kill quick Pokemon that would otherwise kill me (i.e. dragons, Talonflame, Weavile, Manectric). I don't lead with Cloyster unless there's Garchomp, and I avoid switching him. With Shell Smash his biggest threats are priority moves and sandstorm (if Focus Sash'd). I focus on saving him once they're gone.

Gyoku (Landorus-Therian) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Defensive Landorus-T is my main lead and answer to most physical Pokemon. He's handles ground types that otherwise threaten my team or setup, like Excadrill and other Landorus. Intimidate and rocky helmet provides chip damage and allows me to switch safely. He counters a lot of physical OU all in all and pairs alongside Volcanion nicely.

Torre (Excadrill) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide

Excadrill is my primary revenge killer and answer to toxic/thunder wave. It's my ownly hazard remover and is countered by physical walls easily. Otherwise it deals with fairy, electric, and fast types using Choice Scarf. Choice Scarf allows me to lead with it for unsuspecting Jolteon/Manectric. Choice Scarf can also handle unsuspecting Talonflame or Gengar.

Regina (Latias-Mega) @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Roost
- Psyshock

Mega Latias is my end game answer if I kill potential threats. It's only attack is psychic making it useless against threats like Weavile, Bisharp and Tyranitar. Otherwise it can setup against most special attackers. Substitute helps out predict status ailments and pairs with Calm Mind to setup. Mega Latias is also a safe switch for various Pokemon including Keldeo, Rotom-W or other Volcanion.

Most of the EV's were pulled straight from Smogon so I can't provide an in depth analysis against specific Pokemon. This is currently my only team and I'm looking for improvements. Thank you!

Last edited:
Giving Volcanion Earthquake instead of Hidden Power Ice sounds a lot better. Giving Latias Draco Meteor instead of Roost also sounds pretty good because if you Substitute, Calm Mind, then Roost, the opponent may use a super effective move to take you out(Which is probably why you substituted in the first place).

Giving Volcanion Earthquake instead of Hidden Power Ice sounds a lot better. Giving Latias Draco Meteor instead of Roost also sounds pretty good because if you Substitute, Calm Mind, then Roost, the opponent may use a super effective move to take you out(Which is probably why you substituted in the first place).
I assume you're referring to Earth Power. I originally ran Earth Power, but it rarely came into use. Common switch ins for Volcanion are always Latios/Latias or Rotom-W. I also have Landorus and Excadrill so I thought it helped my coverage. I'll definitely give it another try, though; thanks!

The reason I have Roost is for stability. It allows me to Calm Mind and Substitute end game if they have no more physical attackers, especially if they're paralyzed. It also allows me to Calm Mind and Roost (without substitute) if they do less than 50% damage. I've definitely considered switching out Psyshock, though. I may actually try Draco Meteor considering I have Calm Mind. I simply encounter more fairies than dark Pokemon.

Thanks for the help. ^^

Hey Phantoms Cry you have a pretty solid team there. I love how you were able to make a decent team using Mega Latias, probably one of the most underrated Mega Evolutions in the tier right now. Volcanion is also a fun Pokemon to use in the metagame, smacking opponents with an overpowered Scald. Unfortunately, your team has little defensive synergy. Water-Types such as Azumarill completely run through your team outside of Volcanion's Water Absorb. Azu the god is able to 2HKO your Mega Latias with Play Rough in conjunction with Aqua Jet, and just plain OHKOs if it is Choice Banded, and can easily wear down Volcanion as it switches in to take either Play Roughs, Superpowers, or Knock Offs. Another top threat against your team is Mega Metagross, who is able to escape the OHKO from Excadrill's EQ, Landorus' EQ, and is able to beat Cloyster, Latias, and Clefable 1 on 1. MegaMeta can hit Excadrill with a strong Hammer Arm, or more commonly, a strong EQ, Landorus with an Ice Punch that 2HKOs after Intimidate, is guaranteed a 2HKO on Mega Latias with Ice Punch, is 3HKOd by +2 Icicle Spear 5x from Cloyster and 2HKOs with Meteor Mash, and just plain destroys Clefable with Meteor Mash. Volcanion is also 2HKOd by EQ. I also have few issues with some of the sets you've decided to run, like running Unaware Clefable with defensive LandoT on your team, and Latias' lack of attacks to hit Dark types. Keeping all this in mind, lets jump right in.

On your Volcanion you will find that Hidden Power Grass is more effective than Hidden Power Ice. In your OP you said that you ran HP Ice to hit Latios/Latias, but in reality Volcanion should not be staying in those Pokemon, taking up to 97.8% from LO Latios' Draco Meteor, and only dealing back a maximum 52.4%. HP Grass allows you to hit Water Types like Manaphy, Rotom-Wash and Keldeo, pretty much 2HKOing the latter and 3HKOing the former. HP Grass is able to hit defensive Rotom-Wash for a 3HKO. Should you want a little boost in power from Sludge Bomb, Sludge Wave is nice alternative, but the 30% Poison chance can come in pretty handy.

Now onto Clefable. Clefable is S Rank for pretty much one set, its Calm Mind Magic Guard set. Running an Unaware + Heal Bell set loses out on the offensive prowess that Clefable can pack, and is frankly redundant running a physically defensive Landorus-T. Unaware Clef is usually run as a counter to Charizard X, which you already have with LandoT. Heal Bell is useless with access to an ability like Magic Guard, and not running Softboiled prevents Clefable from taking strong hits repeatedly. The CMMG set allows your team to have another win-condition besides Mega Latias. Using the CMMG set increases the offensiveness of your team and makes it a lot more threatening than it was previously. Unaware Clefable is only seen on Stall teams, where it's outclassed by Pokemon like Quagsire (who does the whole Unaware thing a lot better) and Chansey as a cleric.

-->

Cloyster is a neat set-up sweeper that can hit a lot of unprepared teams, but it is completely walled by Steel-Types like Ferrothorn and can struggle with other offensive Pokemon if it is not able to set up. For example, Keldeo is only 2HKO'd by +2 Icicle Spear (5x) and OHKOs with Secret Sword. Cloyster also doesn't make a lot of sense on your team, as you don't really need two late-game cleaners (Mega Latias is the second). As you said, in a hazard and Sand popular metagame, a Focus Sash Cloyster can be hard to pull off. Overall, Weavile is the superior option. Weavile has the nice, crucial Ice-Type STAB and comes with a nice Dark STAB as well. Weavile is able to support Mega Latias a lot more than Cloyster, being able to Pursuit-Trap opposing Latios and Latias and Low Kick the heavy Steel-Types that Mega Latias can struggle to break through. Weavile also adds Priority with Ice Shard, something the team was lacking beforehand. Weavile also supports Volcanion with Knock Off, being able to do lots of damage to and removing the recovery items of Pokemon like Rotom-Wash and AV Tornadus Therian (who Weavile can OHKO with Icicle Crash). Clefable and Mega Latias also supports Weavile defensively, being able to take on the Fighting-Type attacks that can trouble it.

-->

Excadrill has a nice role on your team as hazard control for Volcanion and Cloyster, removing the pesky Stealth Rocks that can damage them and break their sashes (in Cloyster's case). However, running Excadrill as your hazard removal is detrimental to your team, as it doesn't form nice, defensive synergy with the rest of the team, especially in the case of it and Landorus T, who share a large Water weakness that is easily exploited by Pokemon like Azumarill and Keldeo. Starmie fills up the role of hazard removal and also creates a better defensive backbone for the team, with a nice ground/water/fairy/dragon core. Starmie also has access to Scald, arguably the most broken move in the game with a fantastic 30% Burn chance, and Starmie has access to reliable recovery in, well, Recover. Most importantly however, is that Starmie greatly improves your team's chance against Mega Metagross, running an EV spread of 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe. This given EV spread allows Starmie to hit it's great Speed tier of 361 and the HP allows it to guarantee the 3HKO from Mega Metagross' Earthquake. However, Starmie must be wary of BoltBeam Mega Metagross, who can 2HKO it with ThunderPunch. Starmie greatly increases your team's chances against Water-Types like Azumarill and Keldeo, but it must be wary of Knock Off from Azumarill.

Finally, on to Mega Latias. Your Mega Latias set is completely walled by Dark-Types. Plain as that is, it is not a good thing to have. You should always run another attacking move on a Pokemon should one of the moves not affect a type. Running either Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse gives Mega Latias the Dragon-Type STAB it was always meant to have, and is able to hit Dark-Types which is a positive. I'd recommend replacing Substitute with a form of Dragon STAB, as Substitute isn't really all that useful on a CM Late-Game Cleaner set. Instead of Psyshock, Stored Power is a viable option, and after 3 CMs outdoes Psyshock in damage, but Psyshock is still a viable option. Mega Latias also has the option to run BoltBeam coverage with Thunderbolt and Ice Beam, allowing it to hit bulky Ground and bulky Water-Types, but you'll probably find Psychic+Dragon to be enough coverage. Alternative to your EV spread, one of 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 Spe with a Timid nature allow Mega Latias to outspeed all + Spe Base 100s, like Manaphy, Mew, Mega Medicham, and both MegaZard formes. To have a more offensive set, the 84 Def EVs can be dumped into SpA.

I think that is all, but if there is something I forget I'll notify you and probably ninja-edit it lol. I think that changing the team to have a more solid defensive backbone and have more offensive options in CMMG Clef and Weavile compared to Unaware Clefable and Cloyster respectively will help the team overcome more common builds and more offensive teams. Still be careful playing against Mega Metagross and Azumarill, as both are large threats to the team. Pivoting in between Landorus and Starmie will help you overcome MegaMeta, and Sludge Bomb Volcanion combined with Stamie and/or Mega Latias should be able to handle Azu better than your team could before. Reply if you have any questions, but other than that, enjoy :)

Volcanion @ Choice Specs
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Steam Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Bomb / Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave / Flamethrower

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Low Kick / Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Recover
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Psyshock / Thunderbolt

Latias-Mega (F) @ Latiasite
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 Spe ; 248 HP / 84 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock / Stored Power
- Draco Meteor

--or--

EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 Spe ; 248 HP / 84 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Last edited:
Wow, you're absolutely amazing. Thank you so much for putting in all this effort to help me develop my team. I'm excited to make new changes and improve my gameplay. You pretty much nailed every aspect of the team. I have no questions too, you've detailed everything nicely.

I already changed Volcanion's HP to Grass! I realized I didn't have any Electric or Grass type attacks and decided it was better than predicting a Latios switch. (I never stayed in by the way.) It also helps me deal with Quagsire on top of other common switch ins.

Heal Bell was backup for my team, but rarely came into. I decided to run Unaware on Clefable to help deal with people who think they can setup and take advantage. It rarely happened too and I realize I can accomplish much more with Soft-Boil and Magic Gaurd. Thank you for pointing that out.

I love Cloyster because he's not common. His set obviously is, though. There are too many OU that deal with him. I could only sweep if they were off the field and a good opponent won't sack them knowing that. Weavile seems to take care of the same opponents and more, with better coverage. It's time I made the switch.

I never seemed to have an issue with Mega Metagross, but Azumaril was definitely a threat (especially if it out predicted me). It will be another hard switch for me, but I'll give Starmie a go.

As far as Mega Latias goes, I use Substitute to also avoid status ailments, leech seed, etc. It also allows me to setup the next mon my opponent sends out without forcing me to switch. I definitely meant to run Timid to outspeed base 100 Pokemon, and should have realized it sooner. This setup has often won me the game and I'm not sure I want to change it just yet, but thank you for giving me more to consider.

✧✧✧Hello, Anime_Fan here✧✧✧

My apologies for the late reply, I saw you team a few days ago, but I'm often slow in my RMTs (lol). In any case, great job on the team
Phantoms Cry. I like your use of Cloyster, it's good to see low tier mons get some use in OU (it shows intuitive and creativity). By the way, just some heads up on my RMT...

I won't be replacing Cloyster, as I felt you probably wanted it there. What's more, I also believe it can be beneficial to your team! For example, you stated earlier that Cloyster is often predictable, and that there are too many ways to beat him. Well...what if I told you, that you could use that to its advantage? See recommended set for more info. Cloyster can effectively stallbreak in OU, depending on the set your running, it also boasts an excellent form of "speed control" via Ice Shard. The set I have for you is the CB set, it's great for stallbreaking and it is rarely expected! In any case, after many hours of in-depth thinking, I believe I've found just the right solution for your team. So without further ado, let's get started ^^

Threats to the team:
  • Stall, the bane of competitive play. This play style is horrible to go up against, what's more, your team unfortunately has no way of beating it. A Choice Spec Volcanion is powerful and could be used to "Stallbreak", but it's walled by common members found on stall e.g. Chansey. Without Hidden Power Grass, Volcanion is walled by fat threats such as Seismtoad, and Gastrodon.
  • Dark-Types. Yup, even with Clefable on hand, there are many dark types that threaten your team, and pressure Clefable e.g. Bisharp, Crawdaunt and even Mega Gyarados (at +1 M-Gyarados can potentially sweep through your team).
  • Water-Types. You may have Latias, however the dangerous water types to watch out for are always found on rain teams i.e. Kingdra, Kabutops and Mega Swampert. The problem here is that most of these threats only need to weaken Clefable and Latias, to effectively wash right through your team. Kingdra is the biggest threat imo!
Solutions you can try:
[Minor Changes]
Cloyster (M) @ Choice Band

Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Ice Shard
- Explosion / Razor Shell

Icicle Spear normally hits at 125 BP, however with a Choice Band this changes to 187 BP (not including STAB)! Rock Blast compliments Cloyster's Ice STAB, it hits fire, water, and opposing ice types for at least neutral damage. Ice Shard offers priority, and can be quite powerful thanks to Choice Band i.e. it can potentially 1HKO Tornadus, Dragonite and Gliscor (with SR support). Explosion is used to punish switch-ins, but at the cost of sacrificing Cloyster. Razor Shell gives Cloyster with a secondary STAB move. It is used to hit steel types like Heatran, and bulky Jirachi.

Note: The main purpose of this set is to stallbreak. It can also be used to lure, and revenge kill. An adamant nature can be used for additional power, however a Jolly nature is better suited for OU. Another juicy bit of info to note, is that multi-hitting moves have a 31% chance to cause a critical hit. This implies that an adamant natural isn't always necessary to KO certain threats. In short, Jolly nature all the way.
_______

[Minor Changes]
Clefable @ Leftovers

Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave

Calm Mind boosts Clefables defences and offensive stats, which makes it a great sweeper and win con. Moon Blast is a great STAB option for beating Dark, Fighting and opposing Dragon-types. Soft Boiled helps with recovery, which enables Clefable to counter with ease. Thunder Wave provides utility and speed control, which is very important (as members of the team are slow).

Note: I recommend running this set, due to its ability to absorb status, and counter Kyurem-B, as well as Mega Diancie. Thunder Wave is very important, it also deters Mega Metagross, Heatran and Scizor from switch in.
_______

[Minor Changes]
Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet

EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 SpA
Lax Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Stone Edge

Note: Mega Metagross threatens the team. A Yache Berry allows Landorus-T to act as a lure, and weaken Mega Metagross considerably. Jirachi can then be used to finish it off for good. If using a Yache Berry, try not to switch Landorus-T into Metagross (as it may lose its Yache Berry to a predicted Ice Punch).
_______
[Minor Changes]

EVs: 248 HP / 68 Def / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Roost
- Defog

Thunderbolt and Ice Beam form the infamous Boltbeam combo, which compliment each other offensively. They pair well together to threaten common walls found in OU, such as Landorus-T, Slowbro and Skarmory. Roost increases longevity, which benefits Mega Latias as it counters opposing threats like Keldeo and Mega Charizard Y. Defog allows Mega Latias to support her teammates by removing entry hazards.

Note: The 192 EVs in speed is important, as it allows Mega Latias to outpace base 100 targets like Manaphy and Mega Charizard Y. It also allows M-Latias to outpace Garchomp as well.
_______

[Major Changes]
Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest

Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 236 SpD / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

Conkeldurr suits the team very well due to its typing and ability. Guts allows Conkeldurr to act as a status absorber for the team and a potential wallbreaker. I recommend Conkeldurr because you allows your team to stand up against rain teams, and Gengar. For his moves I went with the usual i.e. Drain Punch for longevity and STAB, Mach Punch for additional priority (so you don't have to rely on a Choice locked Ice Shard from Cloyser), Knock Off beats Gengar and boasts utility. Last but not least, Stone Edge completes the coverage by smacking Fire types that think their save e.g. Mega Charizard Y and Volcanora!
_______

[Major Changes]
Jirachi @ Leftovers

Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Atk / 96 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Toxic
- Substitute
- Fire Punch

Jirachi compliments the team by patching up its vulnerability to fairies i.e. Mega Gardevoir. Iron Head beats fairies, whilst Toxic cripples its switchins. Substitute protects Jirachi against attacks and status, it's also useful for stalling poisoned foes as well. Fire Punch rounds up the set by hitting opposing steel types (barring Heatran).

Note: The 96 EVs in speed allow Jirachi to outpace Mega Scizor and Bisharp. This is especially useful against Bisharp, as it gives Jirachi a means to avoid Sucker Punch via Substitute, and retaliate with Fire Punch. What's more, thanks to serene grace, Jirachi's Fire Punch has a 20% chance to burn! That said, Conkeldurr is a solid check to Bisharp and many dark types.

Your team after:

These changes should improve your team's performance in battle. You also get to keep Cloyster whilst utilising a different set, plus the changes are enough to tackle the problems mentioned above. The team lacks a Choice Scarf user, but it does have access to priority users, as well as speed control (in Thunder Wave). So yeah, I guess that's it. I wish you the best as you ladder up on Showdown :3

PS: Here's a tool that's great for team building. It highlights possible threats to the team. I spent a few hours trying to minimise the threats to your team, as best I could. If you insert the Pokemon I recommended for you into the site, you'll notice that all of them can be beaten, one way or another, by members of the team e.g. Conkeldurr can beat Kingdra. Oh and one more thing...

Sometimes it's best not to give into popular votes and options, as you'll often find underrated threats to be useful in OU (once you've looked around). You made a great choice by using Cloyster, its a great stallbreaker, plus the CB set is never expected. So yeah, in terms in of battling with underrated threats, it is often how you play and build a team that makes them work. I also like using lower tier mons, as they're often run to play with in OU. Keep it up ^^

Last edited:
Thank you, Anime Fan, I truly appreciate the effort put into helping my team. You've supported my love for Cloyster and inspired me to work with multiple teams. Also, I've never used this tool; thanks!

Millionsunz hit the nail on the head. I upgraded my Cloyster to Weavile and switched out my Excadrill for Starmie. All of a sudden I'm having a much easier time switching in and out and feel confident in my team again. I broke 1600 (1653 atm <3), which might not sound like much, but I was sitting in 1400 for quite some time. I actually came back to thank Millionsunz, but it seems I may have more to consider.

My team originally consisted of Volcarona, Talonflame, & Mega Mawile or Mega Scizor. They were the "favorite" Pokemon I was using. I was barely getting into competitive and it was a horrible mistake to put them on the same team. I slowly switched out Pokemon one by one to work out a nicer team, but it wasn't enough. I came here for help and got more than I needed.

Unfortunately heavy stall teams are the bane of my existence. I've only ran into one and my opponent was not friendly about using it. I don't see myself able to deal with it any time soon, though. I'm content as is.

Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave

Arcivescovo (Weavile) (F) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Low Kick
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard

Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Torre (Starmie) @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Recover
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Psychic

Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Roost
- Psyshock

Last edited:
Thank you, Anime Fan, I truly appreciate the effort put into helping my team. You've supported my love for Cloyster and inspired me to work with multiple teams. Also, I've never used this tool; thanks!

Millionsunz hit the nail on the head. I upgraded my Cloyster to Weavile and switched out my Excadrill for Starmie. All of a sudden I'm having a much easier time switching in and out and feel confident in my team again. I broke 1600 (1653 atm <3), which might not sound like much, but I was sitting in 1400 for quite some time. I actually came back to thank Millionsunz, but it seems I may have more to consider.

My team originally consisted of Volcarona, Talonflame, & Mega Mawile or Mega Scizor. They were the "favorite" Pokemon I was using. I was barely getting into competitive and it was a horrible mistake to put them on the same team. I slowly switched out Pokemon one by one to work out a nicer team, but it wasn't enough. I came here for help and got more than I needed.

Unfortunately heavy stall teams are the bane of my existence. I've only ran into one and my opponent was not friendly about using it. I don't see myself able to deal with it any time soon, though. I'm content as is.

Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave

Arcivescovo (Weavile) (F) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Low Kick
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard

Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Torre (Starmie) @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Recover
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Psychic

Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Roost
- Psyshock
Congrats Phantoms Cry,

Well done on reaching 1600+ that's quite impressive. I'm glad you were finally able to find a team that works for you. Finding the right members certainly can be difficult some times, so well done ^^

You're welcome, the tool is pretty handy when team building (lol). And as for battling stall, you may want to look into "stallbreakers". They're a special group of mons that excel in cracking those tough and troublesome teams (nasty to go up against without stallbreakers in my opinion, lol). In any case, it's best to try to include at least 1 stallbreaker in every team. There are many stallbreakers that you could implement into a team, most of which haven't been included in the thread I shared with you.

Oh and most importantly, I'd also recommend reading up on additional "techniques for handling stall". It isn't looking up stallbreakers per se, but rather knowing how stallbreakers...stall break / defeat stall (lol). Examples of such techniques include using Taunt, Knock Off, Choice items and Pursuit etc ^^

So yeah, there's a lot to read on about, but you'll definitely get there. Best of luck!

PS: If you'd like for me to share resources with you, I'd be happy to help :3

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)