XY UU First RMT I posted

Hello there! UU is currently my favorite tier to play in, due to many options being present. So today, I will give you some parts of my current team for laddering. Please note it may not be the best team, and critisism is always welcome. So, without further a do, let's start this.

History of This Team:

I had started this team ever since the change in tiering. I had decided to use two of the new OU drops, Salamence and Starmie. I did temporarily replace Starmie with Cloyster, though I switched back shortly after. My initially team had Victini, Florges and Jirachi, all of which aren't really present on the current team I have now. I then decided to use Sableye and Forretress, two other OU drops. Sableye remains on the team, while Forretress was replaced to help with the threat of Magnezone. This team also is my attempt of a use of a "Dark Horse", and that being Lilligant. I have since replaced Lily with Celebi. Then Salamence got banned, and replaced it with Kyurem. This team is still being edited.

Current Team as of now:

(Couldn't find Mega Blastoise gifs that fit in the theme of the other images for the members)
Blastoise @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 144 HP / 252 SpA / 112 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Dragon Pulse
- Rapid Spin

Mega-Blastoise is easily the best spinner in the tier, with its Dark Pulse which gets boosted by Mega Launcher helping it against spin-blockers. Dragon Pulse hits Dragons and Toxicroak, both of which it usually does poorly against. Hydro Pump is a strong STAB combined with its base power and Blastoise's Special Attack Stat.

Members who were in this slot: Cloyster, Assault Vest Starmie, Starmie

Kyurem @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 52 HP / 252 SpA / 204 Spe
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Substitute
- Roost

This Kyurem used to be 3 attacks + Roost, but I later changed Draco Meteor to Substitute. This Pokemon is generally my main man, as it's rather unseen in the meta due to not faring well against Fighting-types. Earth Power and Ice Beam get coverage on all notable Megas in the tier.

Members formely in this slot: Life Orb Salamence, Scarf Salamence

(I couldn't find Aromatisse gifs okay?)
Aromatisse @ Leftovers
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect

At first glance, putting a defensive Pokemon like Aromatisse on this somewhat offensive team would be a bad idea. However, it helps with many things. Mostly that it heals up worn down members and gets rid of status. It also has synergy with Kyurem, and its weaknesses are dealt by both Rhyperior and Kyurem, which is cool.

Members Formely in This Slot: Lilligant, Celebi

Arcanine @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Extreme Speed

Arcanine is one of many Pokemon that got better in this gen. It has a new resistance, and while it faces competition with Darmanitan and Entei still, I just prefer using Arcanine. This is basically a mix of offensive and defensive properties. Close Combat can be used to wreck certain Rock-types, Flare Blitz is STAB, Extreme Speed is decent priority and Wild Charge is for coverage against Flying-types and Water-types. I chose Intimidate to cripple physical attackers.

Members Formerly in this slot: Victini

Other Things: Replace this with something else?

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 244 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Rock Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail

Rhyperior was mainly put on the team to handle with Magnezone, which can deal with a bunch of members of my team. This is the standard set, though I was thinking of putting in Megahorn for Grass-types, but I probably won't. He can also set up Hazards, and Dragon Tail can phaze any Non-Fairy it comes up against.

Former Members in this slot: Forretress, Jirachi
Possible Changes: Still debating on Megahorn.

Sableye @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Foul Play
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

Sableye was chosen for the fact I really wanted a crippler on my team, and Klefki just didn't seem fit for a Prankster honestly. This is the Sableye you usually see, though I only put 0 Attack IVs due to the fact it can help against SwagPlay users. Sableye also had gotten several nerfs and buffs in this gen as well.

Former Members in this Slot: Florges
Possible Changes: Remove the 0 Attack IVs? Replace with something else?

So that's my team. Any changes you want to see happen are welcome. But don't be a smartass. And images came from tumblr and blogspot. This was a team originally made in UU beta BTW (The beta stage after some OU things dropped).

Last edited:

Darnell

Respected.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin/Recover
- Psyshock

The Starmie looks quite good but wouldn't a better item be Life Orb since you can hit harder and your attacks are pretty much all offensive. As for the Recover, I say you play a few battles like that and if you feel your in need of it replace it with Rapid Spin. Also, I would suggest Psyshock over Thunderbolt just because of the special defense walls that are running around in UU, you really don't know when your going to be walled by one of them.

Arcanine @ Leftovers/Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Morning Sun
- Extreme Speed
I say go full out offensive with the EVs and provide yourself with more coverage so instead of Morning Sun, go for Wild Charge. I could understand using this sort of thing on a Sun team but you would rather have the coverage for water types like Keldeo/Jellicent which are popular and bound to come in. Also lets you hit whatever flying types equally hard. I think the only negative of this method is how much HP you are losing from recoil damage.

As for the Lilligant I guess it is nice for it to set up but it could potentially get walled with that set. Grass/Rock isn't hitting a lot of things and Pokemon can just come back and OHKO. I would suggest replacing it with Celebi and making a Specially Defensive set to replace the Arcanine. It could also provide Arcanine and Rhyperior with some coverage from ground moves.

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 SpD / 252 HP / 4 SpA
- Giga Drain
- Recover
- Hidden Power Fire/Psyshock/Toxic
- Heal Bell
Giga Drain for the STAB recovery move which has a nice power. Recover to obviously recover of damage that was gained previously in the battle or while you are starting to wither down from supporting your team mates with Heal Bell. Hidden Power Fire to hit them steel types and other grass types even harder. Psyshock for the special defensive walls. Toxic to stall with Recover/Heal Bell. Heal Bell to support your whole team in case of status which may have occurred throughout the battle

Cool team Koishi! Looking over your team, there isn't anything I really can see that you are purely weak to, as you cover almost every major threat in the current metagame to an extent. Almost every relavant threat is being checked, which I am very impressed by, and this team packs some major heat. That being said, strong Ice type moves can be hard to switch into, as your Starmie really isn't willing to tank a hit, and thus the role is completely set on the shoulders of Arcanine. There are a couple of things I will say though.

Firstly, there really isn't that much reason to use Starmie over Mega Blastoise in the current metagame. It honestly is better for your team, as the one thing I was able to pick out was a minor ice weakness, which Blastoise easily covers with its far superior bulk to Starmie. At the same time, it packs even more special attack than Starmie with a Life Orb, alongside the ever coveted Mega Launcher, making it stupid hard to switch into. I feel that this switch greatly benefits your team, as not only do you still hit hard (arguably harder), but you have a much better bulky pivot to tank hits reliably and rapid spin more consistently.

My only other change is Nasty Plot Celebi over Lilligant. The only reason for this is without Sleep Powder, Lilligant is very difficult to set up, and simply put it doesn't have access to anything outside of sleep powder (now seriously nerfed) to get the setup sweeper job done. Celebi is statistically better in every stat than Lilligant, and can prove more valuable as a reliable setup sweeper with a nasty special attack, solid bulk, and reliable recovery, outclassing Lilligant in the current metagame. It also packs Natural Cure like your starmie, making it a valuable pivot as well especially when equipped with Baton Pass!

Awesome team! Hope I helped!

Blastoise @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump / Water Pulse
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Rapid Spin

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 Atk
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Nasty Plot
- Recover
- Earth Power / Baton Pass / Hidden Power [Fire] / Hidden Power [Ice]

Oh fuck, Mence got banned. I'll test out Kyurem as a replacement, since it can beat Zygarde realiably, who I fear a lot, and can deal with the therian bros okay-ly.

Hey there! I got your message ane will update your team! Obviously, the meta is very different than beta. Your team is good, but needs a little touch up!

1. On stoise change the ev spread to 144hp/252 sp at/112 speed. It hits a certain speed which i have to double check. Drop water pulse for hydro pump. hp is much stronger despite mega launcher boost.

2. Kyurem can actually work well in this meta. I ran a subroost set with ice beam and earth power. I ran timid nature, 52 hp evs (to get 101 subs), 252 sp atk and enough speed to outpace base 85s like nidoking. Lefties of course. Ice beam and earth power lets it hit all the megas for se damage.

3. Now, np celebi is okay, but with blissey and victini in the tier, its tough to sweep at all. I recommend a cleric in this spot. Aromatisse or blissey is cool. Personally, i enjoy aroma since it cant be taunted and has great synergy with kyurem resisting fighting amd immune to dragon, but blissey can sponge the special hits better. But keep in mind that the main special attacker that threatens aroma is nidos, which kyurem can beat thanks to its enormous bulk and ice stab...
Ill finish this rate tomorrow!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)