1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

First RMT - Nothing Special

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by Rainbowws, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Rainbowws

Rainbowws

<Name Goes Here>

Hello everybody. This is my first OU team that I made completely by myself and I'm hoping to get some constructive criticism for it. First I'd like to say that this isn't a very well thought out team like some of the teams on here. There is no sort of strict plan of attack that I follow when using it like a rain or sun team.

Well now, let's get to the team shall we?

Skarmory @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 232 Def / 252 HP / 24 Spd
    Impish Nature
    - Brave Bird
    - Roost
    - Spikes
    - Stealth Rock

Here is my starter for the team. I gave him a good bit of bulk to take hits while setting up spikes and rocks but other than that it doesn't really have a whole lot of use to the team. Sometimes I go in to it to take out fighting/grass/bug types, but as you can see it doesn't have a very offensive move set.

Donphan @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
    Adamant Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Shard
    - Rapid Spin
    - Seed Bomb

This is my team's rapid spinner, nothing too far out of the ordinary for a Donphan, and the move set is pretty self explanatory. It's damage output is adequate and is usually my second poke in if I can't find a safe switch for Cloyster.

Cloyster @ Expert Belt
    Trait: Skill Link
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
    Adamant Nature
    - Icicle Spear
    - Rock Blast
    - Shell Smash
    - Toxic Spikes

Speaking of Cloyster, here it is. If I can find a switch in to lay down some toxic spikes I go for that opportunity and once I get that out of the way
    a Shell Smash or two can make me a deadly sweeper with no non-effective resistances to me.

Alakazam @ Life Orb
    Trait: Magic Guard
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
    Timid Nature
    - Calm Mind
    - Psychic
    - Psyshock
    - Shadow Ball

Alakazam here is my team's special sweeper. If I can manage to sneak a few Calm Minds into it, it has some great capabilities. I am rolling with both Psychic and Psyshock so that it can't get completely shut down by any Specially Defensive or Physically Defensive pokemon.
    Edit: Now with more Magic Guard

Espeon @ Leftovers
    Trait: Magic Bounce
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
    Timid Nature
    - Wish
    - Psychic
    - Light Screen
    - Reflect

Espeon is my go-to guy for support. It's easy enough to switch into him while they are setting up entries so they can get reflected back for less effort by me. I don't expect him to do a whole lot of damage but he can really be a life-saver in some sticky situations with wish + defensive barriers.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
    Trait: Poison Heal
    EVs: 184 Def / 252 HP / 72 Spd
    Impish Nature
    - Protect
    - Substitute
    - Toxic
    - Fire Fang

I threw Gliscor into the team mainly because I hate facing it with other teams. It can be really good at stalling if played right and the 12% heal per turn can really come in handy. I added Fire Fang because I didn't think I had that area covered offensively and I needed something to put there.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to read my RMT and I hope for some good constructive criticism as I'm sure many of you know how to do this way better than I do.
  2. fire r a g e

fire r a g e

Alakazam needs Magic Guard to do what it does best: Revenge killing.
  3. Rainbowws

Rainbowws

I'll be honest, I'm not sure why I didn't put it on. I definitely meant to lol
  4. King of Blades

King of Blades

Hi!

Welcome to smogon!

As I can tell by your lack of posts as well as your team that is weak to a variety of OU threats, you are probably a bit of a newbie. I mean this in a nice way, don't misinterpret this, everyone has to start somewhere.

Unfortunately, the battling 101 thread does not start with tutoring rounds until next year. :( I really don't know what to do now. The best advice I can give you is to find a guy who will tutor you in OU, and you guys can work together and maybe you can make a team with his/her help. But whatever you do, don't post in a random place asking for a tutor, that'll get you an infraction.

I'm sorry, I just don't know what do do with this. I feel bad telling you this and I know this sounds bleak, but it's just the way that it is.

I do know one way to help, and that is to post links to other rate my teams to see what pokemon are commonly used and how we do things around here.

Dante's Homunculi by derpinator

Powerpuff Stall by katakiri

and my most personal favorite of very recent teams, Optical Overload by Trinitrotoluene

this may seem out of place in a post this gloomy, but, again, welcome to smogon!
  5. Gary2346

Gary2346 A filthy casual
    is a Contributor Alumnus

On Cloyster replace Toxic Spikes with a Water STAB move like Razor Shell or Hydro Pump. Toxic Spikes on a Shell Smasher isn't a very good idea because it loses type coverage. Heatran will wall this set without a Water move, and so will Tyranitar. Razor Shell is great because of it's accuracy, however the sheer power of Hydro Pump can help a lot especially when going up against a Rain team.
  6. Dungeons

Dungeons

ditch espeon and put in something like fortress. lose skarmory and put in sand stream to put up sand. try Genesect over cloyster. Trust me. you would have a good sand team. I may be new to smogon, but not to OU I could help you a bit. just PM me whenever. I will try to help!
  7. tintinwong

tintinwong

I think something you can do will be replace stealth rocks on skarm with whirlwind and put stealth rocks on donphan instead of seed bomb, and

Cloyster@ White herb
    Skill Link
    252 atk 252 speed 4 spatk
    naive
    shell smash
    icicle spear
    rock blast
    hydro pump

would be the better set as toxic spikes is really not important.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)