First RMT (Rain)

[size=+2]
Introduction​
[/size]

Hi, this is my first time posting my team on smogon. I've been testing it on Pokemon online for quite some time.Comment/feedback is appreciated. Thanks in advance for reading.

[size=+2]
Team at a glance​
[/size]

[size=+2]
Team in Detail​
[/size]

Politoed @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power(Electric)​
Since this is a rain team, obviously Politoed is my lead due to his dream world ability drizzle. With choice scarf Politoed has a insane speed of 478. This moveset is quite versatile.Hydro Pump is for STAB.Ice Beam is for Dragon types like Garchomp or Flying type like Gliscor. This moveset can also takes on other weather team leads pretty well. For Politoed use hidden power,Tyranitar either hydro pump or focus blast, Ninetales hydro pump and focus blast for abomasnow

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Trait: Lightning Rod
EVs: 192 HP / 64 Def / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -ATK)
- Thunder
- Hidden Power(Ice)
- Roost
- Substitute/Toxic​
The idea of this set is to switch into an Electric attack, get the boost, Sub up, and sweep. SubRoost is a great stall combo Thunder has perfect accuracy in the rain, and is a s insane damage with Stab.The last choice is preference. Hidden power Ice covers Dragons and Grass types such as Breloom and Garchomp, or Toxic to take down stall.Zapdos can also serve as a tank if i don't have anyone pokemon to switch to to take an attack.

Conkeldurr @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 200 HP / 56 Atk / 252 SDef
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Bulk Up
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
- Stone Edge​
Drain punch allow Conkeldurr to stay healty after an attack. Mach Punch gives Conkeldurr a priority to take down pokemon who has use nasty plot or sword dance . The combination of these two attacks and Bulk Up makes Conkeldurr a formidable threat once the opposition no longer holds a good Fighting-type resistance. Stone Edge allow Conkeldurr to hit those pokemon that are immune to fighting attack so you would not need to switch out after using bulk up.This set also help me to deal with Ferrothorn since it can pretty much screw up my team.

Vaporeon @ Life Orb
Trait: Hydration
EVs: 32 HP / 224 Def / 252 SDef
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Rest
- Surf
- Toxic
- Ice Beam​
Although many people would have Vaporeon as a tanker who use hydration/toxic to stall. When i switch into Vaporeon many people would switch to their offensive pokemon to set up their dragon dance/sword dance, Now my Vaporeon can swept away their pokemon Also, hydration would there there to make sure my tank is alive. Surf is for STAB Ice beam covers Dragons and Grass types.Toxic is to target tanker. Vaporeon becomes an Overpower pokemon and annoying force in the rain with the Hydration to recover from low health instantly and ignore status through Rest.

Virizion @ Leftovers
Trait: Justified
Timid Nature (+Spd -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power(Ice)​
Virizion help me handles everything that gives my team troubles. Such as Ferrothorn. This basically do the same job as Conkeldurr but as special attack.
Giga Drain allow Virizion to stay healty after an attack. Calm mind and giga drain let Virizion be a formidable threat that can swept team. Hidden power ice allow Virizion to hit those pokemon like Latias and Latios. Focus blast to hit Blissey and Ferrothorn.

Tornadus @ Life Orb
Trait: Prankster
Naive Nature (+Spd -SDef)
- Hurricane
- Hammer Arm
- Rain Dance/Hidden Power(Ice)
- Taunt​

Tornadus is my last sweeper as he has access to a nice priority Rain Dance, and can wreak havoc with a perfectly accurate STAB Hurricane allow him to basically ko all the pokemon that does not have high SDef, it also has that handy 30% chance to confuse,Hammer Arm provides amazing type coverage, KOing Tyranitar.This also provides great insurance in case Politoed is taken out. However, if you are confident that Politoed can be kept alive, Hidden Power Ice may be used over Rain Dance to destroy certain 4x weak Pokemon.Taunt can be use to force switch for staller and set up a free rain dance if politoed is dead or a free hurricance

[size=+2]
Conclution​
[/size]

Well that's my Rain Dance team and I hope you enjoyed it. Please feel free to give me your opinions make this team better.
Thanks for reading :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)