XY OU First RMT! thunder god offensive

Alright Guys, heres my first RMT. my goal was to build something based around Raikou, which is a bit underrated. Blistering speed, A pretty hefty Special attack and some decent special bulk with the addition of choice specs makes Raikou pretty threatening, and for the past week, hasn't really disappointed. With me just getting into the X/Y OU (R.I.P. Jellicent) I'm pretty satisfied except with a few flukes I can't wrap my head around. The trick to this team is exceptional prediction skill, and at the hands of a clever player, can destroy almost anything.

Its magic! (Klefki) @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Bold Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave​

Love this bastard. Without him the team falls apart pretty hard. It's pretty simple, either use him as a lead and start abusing prankster or catch a good switch to set up screens for the offensive mons, or t-wave all of the potential threats to oblivion, which clears up a lot of space for raikou or azumarril to hit something hard first. The team can be rather slow so a good thunder wave to greninja or dragonite has saved me much of a hassle. my only regret is that it doesn't get taunt. Also a defensive nature hasn't been needed so I might make him more specially bulky.

Trap Lord (Gliscor) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 248 Def / 18 Spe
Bold Nature
- Protect
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Roost
Trap lord explains himself. Take the Flare Blitz/Acrobatics/Drain Punch, Anything physical really,and Vomit toxins at will. "but Gzus, Why roost/protect?' Funny you ask, I tried sticking taunt on him and caught a little too many surprises for comfort, So I kept him as a scout/toxiwall. Sadly the only one on my team with ground STAB (eat it heatran) so sometimes keeping him alive gets pretty crucial.

Enderman (Hydreigon) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 6 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Draco Meteor
- Focus Blast
- Roost​
This guy. If I didn't love Hydreigon so much there would be a Latios here, but anyway, Fire Blast+ Timid nature allows it to take the bullet seed and take the likes of scizor, ferro, and others to their graves. Draco meteor for obvious reasons unless i get a dnite (which klefki eats up),focus blast adds some good coverage for ttar and steels and roost allows me to abuse him with the all the giga drains and shadow balls and t-bolts and the like running around. Overall besides the speed leaving something to be desired in some cases, he usually stays pretty solid.

XL (Azumarill) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 224 SpD / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Knock Off​
Typical Assault Vest Azumarril. Helps a lot with lurking mamoswines and ice moves aimed at gliscor. with huge power this little (furry?) guy hits hard and provides great synergy with the rest of the team. A well aimed knock off gets pretty useful and when breloom wants to get cocky he serves surprisingly well as sleep bait. Terrakion creis evrytim.

WHYNOT (Lucario) @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Serious Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Bullet Punch
- Close Combat​
Cuz YOLO, thats why. having trouble with who to replace him with, he has been quite useful. Pretty straightforward. Does this get stone edge?

HirtzDonut? (Raikou) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Signal Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]​
Yes it does. This is the star of the team, together with XL making other azumarills cry, spits on landorus in cohorts with gliscor, and smashing the lati twins when they mess with hydriegon. Really have had no problems with this, unless you make a bad switch or just need to sack it. I really tried to make the team not rely on him very much while not sacrificing the importance of him. I have literally conquered teams dropping t-bolts, a well timed volt switch, or just plain neutral shenanigans. Its natural special bulk has proven very useful and I can not stress enought how much I love this pokemon.

THREATS
Clefable, Mega Venusaur, and Mega Manectric absolutely tear me the hell apart. Suggestions please.

IN ACTION

[url]http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-161699369[/URL]
Any criticism, advice and tips are greatly appreciated. As this is my first real X/Y OU team I look forward to its perfection. Thanks!

Last edited:
Hey, nice team. Here are my suggestions:

If you're having trouble with Mega Venusaur, run Extrasensory over Signal Beam on Raikou.

For Clefable, I suggest that you run Mega Scizor over Lucario as
It can help rid of Hazards with Defog and 2OHKO (I think?) Clefable on the switch with Bullet Punch

Hope it helps!
-PK

Hey Gzus! I like your name, and your team is pretty unique.

In order for a dual screener like Klefki to be worth it, you have to have a frail set-up sweeper that really likes screens and can destroy teams once set-up. This is because Defog removes screens and it's seen on nearly every team. Luckily, you have a really good boosting sweeper in SD Lucario. After a couple of SD's he can definitely sweep teams. Therefore, I think dual screens can work well on this team.

Klefki should carry Foul Play as an attacking move. You should never be without an attacking move because that mon is complete taunt bait, and if Klefki is the last man standing, it's gg. Plus, Foul Play is a great move because it hits a lot of physical threats really hard.

Gliscor looks good to me. Personally I love his (reasonably) fast Taunt, but if you didn't like it, that's fine.

I see you love Hydreigon, but the Lati twins outclass it. They can hit specially defensive fairies and Chansey with Psyshock, Latios's Draco is more powerful, and they also get Defog. Latias has Healing Wish too, which is awesome. Hydreigon has an unfortunate base speed that leaves him outpaced by a lot of key threats.

Assault Vest Azumarill is great

Lucario can work very well with dual screens, but if they get removed by Defog, his frailty will let him down. Also, faster threats like Terrakion can survive an Extreme Speed at +6 and OHKO back. Lucario could work, but you should also check out other set-up sweepers if you want to keep the screens.
Raikou is outclassed by Thundurus as a special attacker. Thundy outspeeds almost everything Raikou does, and he has more power and Prankster. HOWEVER, Raikou has much more bulk, so he outclasses Thundurus as a pivot. You can put an Assault Vest on him and use him to counter the aforementioned Thundurus, which is crucial because he does a number on your team right now.

Since you have no mega, I do like Puzzle King's suggestion of Mega Scizor over Lucario. You can use the Roost/Bullet Punch/Knock Off/Swords Dance set and then replace Hydreigon with Defog Lati@s. The only concern is that Mega Scizor is really bulky, so dual screens are not needed. If you make these changes you may also want to change out Klefki, preferably to something with Stealth Rock, as it is superior to Spikes.

In order for a dual screener like Klefki to be worth it, you have to have a frail set-up sweeper that really likes screens and can destroy teams once set-up. This is because Defog removes screens and it's seen on nearly every team. Luckily, you have a really good boosting sweeper in SD Lucario. After a couple of SD's he can definitely sweep teams. Therefore, I think dual screens can work well on this team.

Klefki should carry Foul Play as an attacking move. You should never be without an attacking move because that mon is complete taunt bait, and if Klefki is the last man standing, it's gg. Plus, Foul Play is a great move because it hits a lot of physical threats really hard.

Gliscor looks good to me. Personally I love his (reasonably) fast Taunt, but if you didn't like it, that's fine.

I see you love Hydreigon, but the Lati twins outclass it. They can hit specially defensive fairies and Chansey with Psyshock, Latios's Draco is more powerful, and they also get Defog. Latias has Healing Wish too, which is awesome. Hydreigon has an unfortunate base speed that leaves him outpaced by a lot of key threats.

Lucario can work very well with dual screens, but if they get removed by Defog, his frailty will let him down. Also, faster threats like Terrakion can survive an Extreme Speed at +6 and OHKO back. Lucario could work, but you should also check out other set-up sweepers if you want to keep the screens.
Raikou is outclassed by Thundurus as a special attacker. Thundy outspeeds almost everything Raikou does, and he has more power and Prankster. HOWEVER, Raikou has much more bulk, so he outclasses Thundurus as a pivot. You can put an Assault Vest on him and use him to counter the aforementioned Thundurus, which is crucial because he does a number on your team right now.

Since you have no mega, I do like Puzzle King's suggestion of Mega Scizor over Lucario. You can use the Roost/Bullet Punch/Knock Off/Swords Dance set and then replace Hydreigon with Defog Lati@s. The only concern is that Mega Scizor is really bulky, so dual screens are not needed. If you make these changes you may also want to change out Klefki, preferably to something with Stealth Rock, as it is superior to Spikes.

Thanks Gannex! It seems i'm going to use latios and scizor and if scizor doesnt work, ill try terrakion. Im gonna keep trying the choice specs because too many things fall to it. Your advice is appreciated!

Hey here to drop a few suggestions. Replacing Lucario with Mega Heracross would definitely make the team better. M-Heracross is a perfect fit for this style of play because it has the bulk to take advantage of dual screens. With Klefki's screen support M-Heracross can tank even more attacks while it shreds opposing teams. It also has nice synergy with Raikou and Azumarill. Azumarill can break the ground types and defensive mons that are immune or don't take much from thunderbolt. While Heracross breaks the opposing steels for Azumarill so it can spam Play Rough. Raikou checks bird spam for M-Heracross and rips bulky water types for Azumarill. Azumarill already has decent bulk along with a nice set of resistances, and since the team has screens support, wouldn't it be better to give Azumarill a more offensive move set? Choice Band or Belly Drum Azumarill work well with dual screens support. Your team also needs Stealth Rock support to punish flying types and levitating mons that attempt switch in and out. The best thing to do would be to use Landorus-T or Landorus. Landorus-T can act as a bulky pivot and check the tiers op physical megas or you can use Landorus who can be an efficient offensive check for M-Venu and Clefable.

Heracross (Heracross-Mega) (M) @ Heracronite
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 216 Spd / 40 HP
Adamant Nature
- Rock Blast
- Pin Missile
- Swords Dance / Bullet Seed
- Close Combat

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 184 HP / 220 Def / 104 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- U-turn / Knock Off

OR

Landorus @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Spa / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Psychic

Last edited:
I agree with Rob.. M-Heracross is one Pokemon which some teams can't get enough of. The only problem is it's Speed but if you make it somewhat bulky, along with the two Screens, it should have no problems decimating everything except a Talonflame and it's horrible Brave Birds. I suggest his M-Heracross set.

Also, I too think you need to replace Hydreigon with a Latios. If you take the above suggestion of taking away Lucario, you are left with one speedy sweeper. A Scarfed Latios should be able to switch in and get rid of most your problems.

Latios (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Surf

I agree with Rob.. M-Heracross is one Pokemon which some teams can't get enough of. The only problem is it's Speed but if you make it somewhat bulky, along with the two Screens, it should have no problems decimating everything except a Talonflame and it's horrible Brave Birds. I suggest his M-Heracross set.

Also, I too think you need to replace Hydreigon with a Latios. If you take the above suggestion of taking away Lucario, you are left with one speedy sweeper. A Scarfed Latios should be able to switch in and get rid of most your problems.

Latios (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Surf
Thanks! I will post the final changes soon as I'm done with work

Honestly, I think lati@s over hydreigon is pretty crucial, as they outclass him and also provide defog support. Right now you have no way of dealing with hazards, and no hazards of your own. Zary Y can also give you some issues, as raikous the only thing that likes taking focus blast/fire blast/solarbeam. Anyway, here are my suggestions:

Latios or latias over hydreigon. Latias is more offensive, but you can also run latias if you want a more defensive mon that also takes hits from zard y with ease. this will also help you with your venusaur problem.

Latios (M) @ Life Orb Leftovers
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt/Surf
- Defog

or:

(Latias) (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 60 HP / 196 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Roost
- Defog
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor

I agree with rob that running Landorus over gliscor will also give you a nice way to deal with mega venusaur and calm mind clefable. Landorus-T is also an option for a stealth rock user. Use Robs set if you choose to use either of these. I would also agree with Puzzle King, and suggest offensive scizor or bulky mega scizor as a lucario replacement.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Superpower

or:

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 116 Def / 100 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Roost

So far the changes I have made are switch lucari0o for mega scizor and I have replaced hydreigon with PanaDuckHybrid's latias set, so far this team has peaked at 1500. Thanks Guys!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)