Scizor @ Occa Berry
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 248 HP / 8 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Pursuit
- U-turn
Scizor is a great physical attacker, even without a choice band and superpower. This set has some shock value, most people switch out anticipating Superpower, or stay in, assuming my Scizor is choice banded. The Occa Berry let's Scizor withstand some fire attacks. Roost to heal of course. Scizor is my lead, letting me scout and switch with u-turn. Though he probably won't ever sweep, I still think that Scizor has a spot on this team due to his physical attack, priority (bullet punch) and pursuit.

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Earth Power
- Dragon Pulse
- Dark Pulse
In my experience using this team, Heatran is just phenomenal, especially this set. Timid and scarfed? Revenge killer! Overheat gives GREAT stab! Even ohko'ing a mamoswine at .33 special attack. Earth power for jolteon, heatran, poison types, rock types, fire types etc. Dragon pulse sometimes catches people off guard and does work on salamence and other dragon types. Dark pulse is used for coverage. Starmie and gengar mostly. Heatran is definitely the revenge killer on this team, and definitely the most powerful special attacker.

Staraptor @ Sharp Beak
Trait: Reckless
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- Roost
- Double-Edge
You don't see many Staraptors in OU. This should change. Staraptor is beyond phenomenal. The only thing that holds it back is its low hp/defense stats. With a jolly nature, staraptor outspeeds pretty much everything except the therians, and keeps its immense power. With reckless and a sharp beak, brave bird ohko's pretty much everything it's neutral to. Close combat is for coverage, and roost is to extend the life of this extremely frail sweeper. I have sweeped with Staraptor before and guarantee I will again.

Jellicent (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 36 Def / 252 HP / 220 SDef
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Will-O-Wisp
Jellicent is a fantastic spinblocker, as well as a good fighting type blocker, something appreciated by the steel types on my team. It also acts as my special wall. Will-o-wisp cripples any fighting types that may choose to stay in. Scald is used for stab, and ice beam is used for coverage. I use recover over taunt or shadow ball to keep jellicent alive for as long as possible. Recover is needed to deal with entry hazard damage and the occasional toxic.

Salamence @ Lum Berry
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Roost
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
Salamence is the premier physical attacker of my team, and the pokemon with the greatest potential to sweep. His ability to set up on grass, fire, and some water types, as well as blissey and chansey proves quite useful. After one dragon dance he can plow through some teams, recovering from confusion with a lum berry, then quickly using roost to recover damage taken from pokemon he did not outspeed or ohko.

Forretress @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 176 Def / 252 HP / 80 SDef
Relaxed Nature
IVs: null Spd
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic Spikes
- Volt Switch
Forretress sometimes takes Scizor's place as lead on this team. I've realized that toxic spikes help more than spikes do, so toxic spikes are run over spikes. Stealth rock helps due to the multitude of teams running Dragonite, Salamence, and the therians. Forretress also acts as a physical wall and a spinner. Volt switch is used for quick switches, even though it rarely does more than 16% to anything. Gyro ball could possibly be more effective, but I appreciate the free switch in.

Threat list:
I haven't encountered that many threats when using this team.
The therians are a huge threat, but I think that goes without saying.
I have difficulty against stall teams, and some rain teams as well.

Dude,

This team needs lots of suggestions. First, with Scizor, even with Occa Berry, it can't even survive a single fire-attack especially when facing a sun team. Scizor is still weak so what you are thinking is bogus. Scizor must run Swords Dance or Choice Band to run effectively. He even loses his sweeping capabilities and is a patheticaly weak revenge killer. Why do you need Scizor if you can switch into Heatran when Fire-Type Moves are 100% against Scizor? I recommend using a Swords Dance Set.

Scizor @ Leftovers
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Nature: Adamant
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Why are you running Sharp Beak on Staraptor? That only boosts your Brave Bird and since you also run roost on Staraptor Life Orb is completely viable and will hit much harder because both Double Edge and Brave Bird are boosted higher than 210 BP and Close Combat hits higher than 140 BP. You can even run Choice Band to make it hit like a truck. These two could make Staraptor a good killing lead and a lot more powerful because Staraptor is mostly hit-run or Latae-Game Sweep. Here is the set:

Staraptor @ Choice Band / Choice Scarf / Life Orb
Trait: Reckless
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Nature: Jolly
- Double-Edge
- Close Combat
- Brave Bird
- Return / Return / Roost

Heatran is a poor revenge killer. Chandelure completely outclasses it having higher speed, also the ability to absorb Fire-Type attacks and higher SpA being a a great special revenge killer.

Chandelure @ Life Orb / Choice Scarf
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spd
Nature: Modest
- Flame Charge / Overheat
- Energy Ball
- Fire Blast / Hidden Power Water
- Hidden Power Rock

Otherwise great team! Salamence uses roost very effectively by giving its self a x2 weakness to Ice and nuetral damage to rock and an extra resistance if used and timed correctly. Forretress is easily OHKOed if its hit by hazards and is either way beat by magnezone, so Smogon has to remeber that Magnezone is still faster and because Forretress usually comes in on hazards, Magnezone can easily switch and basically finish it because Sturdy won't activate unlees with full HP, so I would recommend using Gyro Ball as your move and giving a Macho Brace but Leftovers works too. This works much better with Ferrothorn but if you switch your everything is spoiled.

I made all of your changes, except the swords dance Scizor, I'm going to see how it works out with those changes, and depending on my results, give it swords dance.

I also agree in every way with TheStriker but I think that Heatran can make a good revenge killer because it can be a better check to dragons especially Choice Scarf Moxie Mence in a pinch. Also many people expect it to be a more defensive variant because that's what they all are these days.

I think another giant threat to this team is Trick Room Reuniclus, because he can come in on Heatran locked into Earth Power and Dragon Pulse, Jellicent and Forry. Then set TR and 2hko every member of your team exempt Jellicent who can't do anything back. Because of this weakness I recommend a Choice Band Scizor instead of your normal one. And Reuniclus doesn't beat that unless it has HP Fire. In which case they usually drop Shadow Ball for HP Fire in which case you can beat it with Jellicent.

CB Scizor<Occa Scizor

LO Staraptor<Sharp Beak Raptor

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)