XY OU First RMT

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you guys think of this team? It's gotten me to 1304 on the OU Showdown ladder somehow but I was curious as to what I made be missing. There's no real strategy to this team, I just like these pokemon mainly.

Landorus @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 204 Atk / 176 SpA / 128 Spe
Rash Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Superpower
- U-turn

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 124 HP / 124 Def / 128 SpD / 132 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Protect
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- U-turn

Musharna @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Heal Bell
- Moonlight
- Psychic

Hello there! (... still writing in progress)

The first thing that I noticed about your party is that 4/6 Pokemon that you have are vulnerable to Water-type moves. The OU meta at the moment is swarmed with Water-type threats such as Azumarill and Keldeo. I recommend you to replace Musharna because it does not have much of a purpose in your team. Your choice of moves for it also lacks a versatile pool. You will be easily walled by Dark-types and will be forced to switch out; this would be detrimental if you ran any Calm Mind boosts. It seems you are also caught between using Musharna for either damage or support. I'd say to drop it from your team and add Vaporeon to cover for it. Vaporeon with Water Absorb will prove to be an amazing aspect for your team because of its Ability and Defensive capabilities. A possible movepool for Vaporeon can be: Scald, Toxic, Protect, and Heal Bell or Wish. The EV investment is up to you, but I would recommend 252 HP / 252 Def and Bold Nature with 0 Att IV.

Your Landorus has a weird EV spread. With your current spread, your Landorus is all over the place and lacks a solid foundation. I recommend your Landorus to invest 252 Sp. Att / 252 Speed / 4 Sp. D. The investment in Speed will give you the edge in taking out threats. Landorus is classified as a Sweeper, so it would be in your interest to be as strong as possible for your sweep. I did take into account that you wanted to use U-Turn on Landorus to check for threats and that is perfectly fine, but it's unnecessary to invest in Att for that purpose. Superpower is also somewhat useful, but I feel as if the EVs spent in investing for Att overall weakens your power as a Special Sweeper. If you don't mind gambling with Accuracy, I'd recommend to take Focus Blast.

Talonflame is a very strong pick for your party. I can see that you want to run Talonflame as a pivot with U-Turn, similarly as Landorus. Your choice of Swords Dance is a bit awkward. Based on my experience, it might be difficult for you to find time to Swords Dance, but if you can pull it off, props to you. As my suggestion, you could always run Tailwind in the case that you want to use your Talonflame to set up for the rest of your team with your Gale Wings priority. Just a thought!

Your Excadrill is nice. I actually ran the same set for one of my previous parties. It worked like a charm and I can tell it'll work great for you too.

Rotom-W has an awkward EV investment, but you probably had some reason to spread it like that. I certainly don't have the faintest idea. Your movepool for it looks okay. The Pain Split is a bit awkward because it works counter-productively with your Leftovers. Perhaps you can run Choice Specs and replace Pain Split with Trick? Also, you might want to put its Att IV to 0 because you want to take less damage from Foul Play. 252 HP and 252 Sp. Defense with Bold nature will benefit your party the most. You can switch the EV and Nature of your Rotom-W accordingly.

Last edited:

aim

pokeaimMD
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Hey Nokii I'd love to give this team a rate but unfortunately you didn't follow the RMT Guidelines which you can find here A mod will come and lock this thread unfortunately but feel free to pm them after you have followed the rmt guidelines :]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)