*sorry for no pics! My phone needs a major upgrade!*

Yanmega@cho specs
Tint lens
Ev: 4sp def/252 sp att/252sp
-uturn
-bug buzz
-air slash
-hp fighting
))My special sweep. I chose yang for its speed and sp att stats. Tint lens was an obv in my mind for the neutral damage boost and because yang already high speed. Hp fight is there for a little surprise against steel/rock/ice that may try to switch in on it. Thinking of switching ancient power in place of air slash for fire types and stat boost. Uturn for safe switch.

Zoroak@focus sash
Illusion
Ev: 4def/252 sp att/252sp
-nasty plot
-dark pulse
-focus blast
-flame thrower
))So zoroak would be my lead with focus sash in hopes of being able to setup a few nasty plots to sweep. Illusion would be used with amoongus in hopes they would switch into either a psychic or steel which then I would be able to smash.

Flygon@cho scarf
Levitate
Ev: 4sp def/252 att/252 speed
-uturn
-equake
-rock slide
-dragon claw
))My physical sweeper. Equake is for stab and for fire/electric coverage. Rockslide for pesky flying type which I feel is a weakness for my team. Dragon claw for stab, and uturn for the flow of my uturn/regenerator theme.

Meinsho@life orb
Ev: 4hp/252 att/252speed
-uturn
-fake out
-hijumpkick
-aerial ace
))Another physical attacker. I chose him for his awesome attack and speed. I feel like this set is self explanitory besides the aerial ace. I chose it for grass and other fighting type coverage.

Amoongus@sludge
Regenerator
Ev: 8sp att/244 sp def/252 hp
-spore
-toxic/stuns spore
-giga drain
-clear smog/sludge bomb
))My spec wall! And one of my fav pokemon actually. I have yet to test to this team out yet so idk if I'm going to keep clear smog and toxic yet. Spore is for putting a threat outta comission and for a safe switch in for my sweepers who are kinda frail. Regenerator is awessome for the extra health regain when switching in and out.

Slowbro@leftovers
Regenerator
Ev:4sp att/252 def/252hp
-scald
-ice beam
-twave/psychic/fire blast
-slack off
))My tank. I feel like he will be my most reliable. Scald for stab + burn against physical threats. Ice beam for coverage agaisnt grass/dragons. Right now I have twave for anyone that can outrun my sweepers since they rely on speed and they are not the bulkiest. But I may change for psychic or fire blast for more coverage. Slack off for quick recovery on top of his regenerator ability.

I think my teams biggest down fall is no entry hazzards/taunters/or spinners. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

I just made this team and idk if I did well or not. I've never done competitive play before or have yet to test it out. I based it off the amoongbro core. I am trying to do a strategy based off regenerator and uturn. Please, any suggestions would be great. Please don't be to harsh on me. Like I said I'm new too pokemon/competitive play. Thanks.

Last edited:
Welcome to smogon! But with that being said you are going to need descriptions of each poke (and a picture doesnt hurt!). For example why did you choose focus sash zoroark? Who would you disguise it as? Whats do you tbink is your biggest threat to your team?

If you fix it up a bit, i will a full rate! Again welcome to smogon and if you ever have questions, feel free to ask!

Welcome to smogon! But with that being said you are going to need descriptions of each poke (and a picture doesnt hurt!). For example why did you choose focus sash zoroark? Who would you disguise it as? Whats do you tbink is your biggest threat to your team?

If you fix it up a bit, i will a full rate! Again welcome to smogon and if you ever have questions, feel free to ask!

Hey there! Thanks for the advice. I gave a description for each guy but am not able to upload pics atm. My iphones back I will be able to do that in the future.

Hey there! Thanks for the advice. I gave a description for each guy but am not able to upload pics atm. My iphones back I will be able to do that in the future.
Much better! You just have to put down the natures but ill work arond it for now...
1. If youre worried about fire types on yanmega, then why dont ou try hp ground? It bits steels and fore types. The only steel that resist that is bronzong which is beaten by bug buzz.
2. Zoroark is okay, but its a bit out of place on this team. You dont have any spinner so youre at the mercy of hazards. I would recommend either an all out attacker set with life orb or trickspecs. Now if you want to convince the opponent that youre running tbis poke vs that poke, you need to make the illusion work. Unfortunately once they see your amoongus is poisoned by t spikes, its pretty much done.
3. This is why i recommend scarf moxie heracross. Moxie hera and lo zoroark have great synergy. If the opponent chooses wrong, it can mean the game very easily. So i highly recommend scarf moxie hera over flygon.
4, on shao, get rid of fake out. Ypu are better off with stome edge to hit flying types harder. Make sure thr nature is hasty to prevent a sp atk boost for porygon2 and porygonz.
5. Amoonbro is a great core you just have to watch out for sub boostets like agility empolron. Amd ypu want to work on thr ev spreads too. Thr usual spreads on smogon analysis will be fine.

Other than that good team! If ypu ever want to battle let me know! I love playing gen 5 uu and bred all shinies for my teams! :-)

not sure if this os 6th or 5th gen, but i would say that knock off on mienshao is better than stone edge in the 6th gen meta. also you dont need to run hasty to prevent mienshao giving porygon a spatk raise, just take 4 evs out of hp, and put them into special defense
i used slowbro alot in 5th gen, and i find that psyshock is the better move because you can ohko roserade on the switvh if it is offensive, however if it is 6th gen, you could stick with icebeam, now that roserade id less common, and there are far more dragons. on a general note, every team needs stealth rock, you will have to reorganise one of you walls into something with the move, maybe replacing yanmwega, as without rapid spin it is the most useless member on your team.

You should feel pretty good about this team, as for a newcomer you have quite a solid team, and a general idea about synergy. this team is 10 times better than my first 5th gen uu team

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)