ORAS OU First Team- Mega Slowbro

This is my first RMT. I have been battling on Showdown a lot and have realized how good mega slowbro is and I wanted to try him for myself. Here is the team.

Slowbro-Mega (M) @ Slowbronite
Ability: Shell Armor
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Def / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off
- Scald
- Shadow Ball

I am using mega Slowbro as a wall, and if I get enough calm minds up It can kill almost anything in a few hits. This is the thing I switch into against a physical attacker. It can usually wall them out. I have calm mind to rase my stats up very high. Once I have a few calm minds up Slowbro because very offensive. Slack off is what I use to get my HP back. The damage does add up when I am calm minding. Scald is here as the main attack because it has a chance to burn and it is STAB. Shadow ball is here to get more coverage. It gets neutral damage to grass and water witch does help.

Hydreigon (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- dark pulse
- dragon pulse
- Flamethrower
- Flash Cannon

Hydreigon is my special attacking sweeper. It has good SpA and good speed. The choice scarf make him even faster. I have dark pulse and dragon pulse for STAB. Dark Pulse also gets flinches with is really helpful. Flamthrower is here because I love the accuacy and I need it to kill grass types. Flash cannon is used to cover fairy types.

Tentacruel (M) @ black sludge
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Spe
- scald
- Toxic
- rapid spin
- sludge bomb

Tentacruel works very well with Hydreigon. Tentacruel is my check to SpA pokemon. It is also my spinner with rapid spin. It has good SpD. Scald is here to do STAB damage as this really is not an attacking pokemon unless the situation is right. Toxic is to slowly kill stallers like Mega Slowbro and other things. Rapid spin is to get read of stealth rocks, spikes, ect. Sludge bomb is just another STAB move.

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Superpower

I realized building this team that I was very weak to electric types, I realized that I need a ground type. I also needed a good lead. Mamoswine came to mind. I have focus sash to live at least one hit, then do big damage. Icicle Spear is here for STAB and it hits many times. It can do a ton of damage. Ice shard for priority just in case I do not kill first turn. Earthquake is to do big damage and is STAB. Superpower is just for power.

Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Thunderbolt
- Psyshock

Gardevoir is my surprise attack. With choice scarf it can out speed almost anything. Many teams are not prepared for a choice scarf Gardevoir. Moonblast is the big hitter with STAB. Moonblast can do a lot of damage to anything. Wish is to heal somebody else. Thunderbolt is just for covorage. Psyshock is a great move to kill Spd pokemon.

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Seed Bomb
- Mach Punch
- Thunder Punch

Last we have Breloom. Breloom is the physical attacker of this team. I liked his typing that is why he is on this team. Drain Punch to get some HP back. seed Bomb for the STAB. Mach Punch because I wanted another Priority move on this team. Thunder punch just for coverage.

Like I said this is my very first competitive team and I am open to changes.

Thx for the help.

Pent

dumb broad
Hi! Welcome to Smogon, it's good seeing new members to our community.
Honestly, I haven't see Mega Slowbro get as much use lately, it's kind of a bummer.
Onto the rate.

A rather nice team, but no team is perfect. I do have some recommendations for a change.
First of all, I would run Psyshock over Shadow Ball on MSlowbro, since you get no STAB from it, and you can hit walls like Chansey this way.
Next is Hydreigon, I recommend Draco Meteor over Dragon Pulse, so you can get better damage off with a Scarf.
Run Toxic Spikes over Toxic, it helps later on in the game.
Since you're not running lead Mamoswine, use Life Orb instead of Focus Sash, you get better damage off this way.
Instead of Thunder Punch on Breloom, run Spore so you can put your opponents to sleep.
Other than that, good team. It's rather interesting in my opinion, and I hope these changes make it better.

Hope it helps.

Hi! Welcome to Smogon, it's good seeing new members to our community.
Honestly, I haven't see Mega Slowbro get as much use lately, it's kind of a bummer.
Onto the rate.

A rather nice team, but no team is perfect. I do have some recommendations for a change.
First of all, I would run Psyshock over Shadow Ball on MSlowbro, since you get no STAB from it, and you can hit walls like Chansey this way.
Next is Hydreigon, I recommend Draco Meteor over Dragon Pulse, so you can get better damage off with a Scarf.
Run Toxic Spikes over Toxic, it helps later on in the game.
Since you're not running lead Mamoswine, use Life Orb instead of Focus Sash, you get better damage off this way.
Instead of Thunder Punch on Breloom, run Spore so you can put your opponents to sleep.
Other than that, good team. It's rather interesting in my opinion, and I hope these changes make it better.

Hope it helps.
Thanks for the advice I will try the changes.

chimpact

fire nation
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Hey, welcome to smogon!

I'm not going to change many members of your team but your movesets could use improving. Mega Slowbro can use slack off pretty well. But rest could be the superior option With Shell armor you are unable to get crittted so his survivability is high. Calm Mind / Rest / Scald is a great start. Your last move is entirely dependent on what you want it to do. Psyshock is used to beat other CM pokemon and not get walled by water absorb pokemon, sleep talk to take advantage of not getting set up on potentially, or Iron Defense to set up on physical attackers. Also change his spread to be bold with 252/176/80. You don't need special defense EVs as youre using Calm Minds but you do need enough so you dont get 2hko'd by powerful attacks like Specs Hydro Pump from Keldeo.

Hydreigon should be using u-turn on his scarf set to gain momentum. If you can u-turn on a special sponge, it's incredible. you get to go to breloom or mamoswine to really put pressure on their team. I would go u-turn over flash cannon

tentacruel's pretty solid, but consider substitute over sludgebomb or toxic spikes over toxic.

Stealth rock on Mamoswine over superpower should be used to limit your opponent's switches.

Two choice scarf users is questionable if you're playing against a bulky team. So I suggest you replace Gardevoir with a fast pokemon like Greninja. Greninja is more than capable of revenging, but is a heavy hitter as well. A moveset of Hydro Pump / Ice Beam/ Gunk Shot / Coverage move of choice should suffice with a hasty nature and 4 atk / 252 spa / 252 spe

Breloom should probably not be running thunderpunch. with stealth rock you deal enough damage to flying types where not having a super effective move against them is no big deal. it offers poor coverage otherwise considering seed bomb is usually stronger. As a result i would suggest toxic or bulk up over it to set up on specially bulky pokemon or toxic to stall out pokemon you otherwise wouldnt be able to handle. Bulk up and drain punch go hand in hand. If you're running toxic i would replace mach punch with protect and with bulk up i would run substitute over mach punch..

Hope I helped! Stay at it. REad the Overused forums if you want to get more knowledgable about the game.

Hey, welcome to smogon!

I'm not going to change many members of your team but your movesets could use improving. Mega Slowbro can use slack off pretty well. But rest could be the superior option With Shell armor you are unable to get crittted so his survivability is high. Calm Mind / Rest / Scald is a great start. Your last move is entirely dependent on what you want it to do. Psyshock is used to beat other CM pokemon and not get walled by water absorb pokemon, sleep talk to take advantage of not getting set up on potentially, or Iron Defense to set up on physical attackers. Also change his spread to be bold with 252/176/80. You don't need special defense EVs as youre using Calm Minds but you do need enough so you dont get 2hko'd by powerful attacks like Specs Hydro Pump from Keldeo.

Hydreigon should be using u-turn on his scarf set to gain momentum. If you can u-turn on a special sponge, it's incredible. you get to go to breloom or mamoswine to really put pressure on their team. I would go u-turn over flash cannon

tentacruel's pretty solid, but consider substitute over sludgebomb or toxic spikes over toxic.

Stealth rock on Mamoswine over superpower should be used to limit your opponent's switches.

Two choice scarf users is questionable if you're playing against a bulky team. So I suggest you replace Gardevoir with a fast pokemon like Greninja. Greninja is more than capable of revenging, but is a heavy hitter as well. A moveset of Hydro Pump / Ice Beam/ Gunk Shot / Coverage move of choice should suffice with a hasty nature and 4 atk / 252 spa / 252 spe

Breloom should probably not be running thunderpunch. with stealth rock you deal enough damage to flying types where not having a super effective move against them is no big deal. it offers poor coverage otherwise considering seed bomb is usually stronger. As a result i would suggest toxic or bulk up over it to set up on specially bulky pokemon or toxic to stall out pokemon you otherwise wouldnt be able to handle. Bulk up and drain punch go hand in hand. If you're running toxic i would replace mach punch with protect and with bulk up i would run substitute over mach punch..

Hope I helped! Stay at it. REad the Overused forums if you want to get more knowledgable about the game.
Thx for the help I am going to try it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)