First Time Competitive Battling

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m thinking about giving competitive battling a shot with VGC ’12 approaching. At first glance this ragtag team probably seems lacking direction and focus, but I feel it has few tricks up its sleeve. I made it with the goal of countering the majority of double battle threats while being able to use several different strategies as opportunities present themselves. Any help is appreciated

Tornadus
@Yache Berry
Hurricane
Taunt
Tailwind
Focus Blast
Stallbreaker: Tornadus's main use is to shut down any potential setups with Taunt, and it does this particularly well with access to Prankster. It can also double as Tailwind support. Offensively, it has the potential to be a rain abuser with Hurricane, and Focus Blast takes care of threats from Rock and Ice types.

Rhyperior
@Focus Sash
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Megahorn
Protect
Physical Tank: Rhyperior can hit multiple Pokemon on the field with both Earthquake and Rock Slide and the extra STAB is handy as well. With Lightning Rod, Rhyperior protects Tornadus from fatal Electric attacks. Protect is pretty self-explanatory.

Latias
@Life Orb
Dragon Pulse
Surf
Thunderbolt
Protect
Special Tank/Sweeper: Latias has the potential of being extremely deadly and hard to kill at the same time. Though HP leaves something to be desired, its 90/130 defenses are not to be ignored. Life Orb boosts its already substantial attack, making STAB Dragon Pulse a heavy hitter. Add Thunderbolt for coverage and Surf for possible rain abuse, and I think you have a force to be reckoned with.

Eelektross
@Sitrus Berry/Macho Brace
Discharge
Flamethrower
Grassknot
Thunder
Threat Counter: Eelektross is the metaphorical curveball of this team. It has great switch in potential, being immune to all super effective attacks. However, its main role is to counter a variety of threats seen in double battles. For example, levitate makes it immune to teams that rely on Earthquake to deal the majority of the damage, and its abysmal speed makes it an unstoppable force when facing Trick Room teams. It even has some leverage when it comes to Rain/Sun abusers in the form of Thunder and Flamethrower respectively. If all else fails, Eelektross functions reasonably well as a bulky special attacker.

Bronzong
@Mental Herb
Trick Room
Gyro Ball
Earthquake
Explosion
Offensive Trick Room: Bronzong is there to set up Trick Room if I need it and to explode if I don’t.

Kingdra
@Lum Berry
Waterfall
Outrage
Dragon Dance
Rain Dance
Double Dancer: This is one of my favorite sets of all time. With it, Kingdra can choose how to set up- with our without weather- and demolish teams from there. It has excellent bulk with only one weakness and its two attacks hit everything hard except Empoleon.

Now I was thinking eliminating Tailwind possibilities so that would give Tornadus room for Rain Dance and free up and extra slot on Kingdra. Just a thought.

What do you think?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Please read through the RMT rules. In particular, you're missing EVs and natures, some of your descriptions are a bit lacking, and you still need to work on learning the metagame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)