VGC First time team making! Mega Aggron centric: rate/advice?

So I wanted to make a team based around Mega Aggron because one: 230 defense and 140 attack is terrifying, in theory. Two: it's a metal dinosaur. Any tips for the team would be much appreciated! :D

Edit: This team is in anticipation of VGC 2015, hence why Ludicolo is on it.

Aggron (M) @ Aggronite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 16 HP / 92 Atk / 148 Def / 252 SpD
Impish Nature
- Iron Head
- Protect
- Rock Slide
- Dragon Claw

The core of the team, obviously. To safely mega evolve it, I either send it in first and use protect, or Baton Pass it in under Gorebyss's Sub. The evs allow it to comfortably take attacks like 252 Life Orb Garchomp's quake, and completely walls standard Mega Kangaskhan, and even remains effective against the ones holding EQ. The attack investment I'm unsure about: even with 140 base attack, there's only a 75% chance of taking out Mega Charizard Y. Finally, with screen support or a BP'd Amnesia, said Charizard's heat wave becomes a 2HKO, 3 with both, not taking into account Politoed's Drizzle. Unfortunately, Aggron by himself doesn't have the killing power to take on certain threats such as Rotom-W, meaning it'll need team support to deal real damage.

Gorebyss (M) @ Cell Battery
Ability: Swift Swim
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Spe / 82 Def / 82 Sp. Def
Bold Nature
- Amnesia
- Baton Pass
- Scald
- Substitute

Intended to Baton Pass an Amnesia to make up for Aggron's lackluster Sp. Def, and maybe a substitute if that's an option. The ev spread allows it to take Rotom W's Volt Switch for around 44-50%, activating the Cell Battery and buffing Aggron further. With 92 Speed investment and Drizzle active, it barely outspeeds 252 Jolly Mega Kangaskhan.

Politoed (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Sassy Nature
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Protect
- Encore

Mostly here to support Gorebyss and Ludicolo, as well as interrupt Sun. Ice Beam and Scald are coverage, protect is self explanatory, and Encore helps force switch outs, particularly on Fake Out users. The evs are pretty much a simple defensive spread.

Klefki @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Dazzling Gleam/Thunder Wave
- Safeguard
- Reflect
- Light Screen

Dual Screen Setter, mostly self explanatory. Safeguard is there to protect M-Aggron from being burned. Dazzling Gleam is just an offensive move: however, I'm not sure if it's actually completely necessary, since chances are if I'm left with just Klefki, I'm dead anyway.

Annie (Garchomp) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Poison Jab
- Rock Slide

Typical Garchomp, really. Mosty here for offense and to lure the enemy. Earthquake and Dragon Claw are STAB, Rock Slide is for hitting Smogonbird and Charizard Y, and Poison Jab is for coverage on grass and fairy types. I'm not completely sure how it synergizes with the rest of the team, but I needed more offense, and I just put Garchomp here...

Ludicolo (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 104 HP / 252 SpA / 152 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Rain Dance
- Fake Out
- Hydro Pump

My special attacker. Counters Rotom H and W, and takes care of most threats to Mega Aggron. Fake Out is to let at least one other team member set up a bit, Giga Drain and Hydro Pump are STAB, and Rain Dance is for when I'm not running Politoed. The EVs allow it to outrun certain uninvested threats, tank hits, and hit back. I'm not completely sure whether Leftovers/Rain Dish is the best option, considering the fast pace of VGC, so input on that would be nice.

Thoughts? Any would be appreciated. I originally wanted to have Amoongus on the team for Rage Powder, but I had a bit of trouble finding a good way to fit it in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)