First Uber RMT: Dakar Rally

Why the hell would you leave groudon in on kyogre?
Why the fuck does resh have stone edge?
Why is ho oh on a rain team?
Where the hell are the hazards?
Why does ho oh have both flamethrower and sacred fire?
Why the hell does kyogre not have ice beam?
i could probably nitpick more but eh I couldn't bear to watch more.
What is wrong with you dude? This guy is clearly a new player, there is no need to be a dick. Explain why these things are bad rather than just flaming him, I hope you get infracted.

edit: Also, Stone Edge Reshiram, and rain Ho-Oh are legit, and not all teams need hazards.

Cool idea for a team! I think it actually seems to work, and you have checks to most prominent threats. Some stuff I would change:

Lum Berry for Tyranitar, and I'd recommend you to have Stealth Rocks on Tyranitar, because your set is defensive and it frees up the offensive capabilities of Groudon. Lum is great for Darkrai leads too, which is a problem for this team otherwise!

Rock Slide has its merits on Excadrill, but most of the time I prefer Iron Head, as it helps more vs Giratina-O and Latias. I'd not worry too much about not hitting Ho-oh that hard, Ttar usually gets rocks up and can check it.

Grass Arceus is a horrible Calm Minder, but Grass Arceus has great merit on your team, so don't replace it! I just suggest getting rid off Calm Mind for Ice Beam or Thunder Wave here. Both has merits, Thunder Wave is an amazing support more for any team while Ice Beam destroys Rayquaza, which is a bit troublesome.

With SR on Ttar, you can opt for a Rock Polish set on Groudon! Check out some website stuff and see what suits your team the most (I'd use something along the lines of EQ, RP, D claw and Rock Slide). Just beware of a slight problem with checking Extremekiller Arceus if you opt for this set.

Ho-oh can use a physically defensive set to help check Extremekiller and a myriad of other mons, especially if you perform the above changes to your team.. However, it loses a lot of firepower so think through this. Good luck with the team!

Blue Jay

The notorious Good Wife
is a Contributor Alumnus
Ill take that as constructive criticism, i have been playing for little under a month now so thought it was quite an accomplishment.

The thing about this team is that i want to keep the dual weather Sand/Storm Groudon/Tyranitar core. So if anyone would like to work with me on this team and build it back up from the base up i would love to hear from you. Im a relatively new player but i learn quick and do know my stuff anyway hope to hear from someone.
For a month's play of competitive Pokemon/Ubers it is quite a respectable accomplishment. However, I believe Gogeta's point was not to devalue your achievement, but rather to encourage you not to be satisfied with it and stop there, as there is potential to go much further.

Also, it really isn't necessary to scratch the team and rebuild from just Tyranitar+Groudon. For most part, the team is solid as it is, in terms of checking major threats, having good synergy and having the necessary roles filled. The vast majority of the team is within EV/moveset tweaks of being an optimal version of what you started with. However, the reason I and a few others have been a little insistent about replacing Reshiram with something like Scarf Palkia is so that your team doesn't fold to Kyogre and Rain Offense in general once your Arceus is taken down. Arceus-Grass is great against Kyogre and Rain Offense, but the rest of your team is weak to these and that means Arceus-Grass has its hands full trying to handle Rain Offense on its own. As your ladder rating improves, you will run into more and more skilled players, and these will see potential weaknesses in teams and know how to exploit them. Where you have gotten in the ladder thus far shows that your team lacks obvious weaknesses. However, it is at the higher ratings that your team is truly tested.

Hello! I would definitely recommend fitting in Latias or Palkia somewhere on this team to help alleviate some pressure from the shoulders of Arceus-Grass. I normally dislike Scarfia but it works here to serve as glue...it can beat Genesect (which your team kinda dislikes save Ho-Oh), check Kyogre, Rayquaza after a Dragon Dance, opposing Palkia lacking a scarf, etc. It does make you more susceptible to EKiller though, so consider Hack's suggestion of making Ho-Oh physically defensive. I'd replace Reshiram for this purpose.

If you do put Iron Head over Rock Slide on Excadrill (a change I support), consider Stone Edge on Grassceus! It can lure and kill standard tank Ho-Oh 100% of the time with 144 attack investment and a neutral nature while wounding other threats such as Kyurem-W (59.33 - 70.07%) and Rayquaza (25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock). The changes that have been advised in this thread will make you a little more Ho-Oh weak, so Stone Edge Grassceus can make a solid lure for it.

So in summary, replace Calm Mind for Stone Edge on Grassceus, move the 144 Special Defense EV's to Attack while changing the nature to Serious. Also, make Ho-Oh physically defense, replace Rock Slide on Excadrill for Iron Head, and replace Scarf Reshiram for Scarf Palkia. If you don't find Stone Edge Grassceus useful, you can always go with Ice Beam or a status move. Nice team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)