1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

First VGC Team - Italian Regionals

Discussion in 'VGC' started by LightAndrek, May 27, 2014.

1. LightAndrek

LightAndrek

Hi everyone,
    My name is Andrea and I'm quite new to competitive VGC battles, so I would like some help to finalize my team for the Italian Nationals this weekend.

The team is preatty simple. It follows the most commons Pokemon build used (or so i was told).

Gardevoir (F) @ Gardevoirite
    Nature: Timid
    Ability: Trace/Pixillate
    252SpAtk/252Spd/4SpDef
    - Moonblast
    - Psychoshock
    - Protect
    - Shadow Ball

[*] The Mega of the team. Essentially it is used to take down powerfull dragon types like Salamance and to deal with mons that can be troublesome for Garchomp and Aegislash.

Talonflame (M) @ Leftovers
    Nature: Adamant
    Ability: Gale Wings
    252Atk/252Spd/4Hp
    - Flare Blitz
    - Brave Bird
    - Protect
    - U-Turn

[*] Sweeper of the team. It is quite fragile so I prefer to use this in late game or to take down Steel/Grass types.

Aegislash (M) @ Weakness Policy
    Nature: Quiet
    Ability: Stance Change
    252Hp/252SpAtk/4Atk
    - King's Shield
    - Sacred Sword
    - Flash Cannon
    - Shadow Sneak

[*] I usually bring him as my first choice quite always thanks to his nature bulk in Shield Form. Sacred Sword is for normal type like Kanga and Flash Cannon to bring down Fairy types in one hit.

Garchomp (M) @ Rocky Helmet
    Nature: Jolly
    Ability: Rough Skin
    4HP/252Atk/252Spd
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Slide
    - Protect
    - Dragon Claw

[*] Usually used in combination with Rotom or Talonflame to spam Earthquakes and Rock Slides. Dragon Claw is just for STAB and to hit slow dragons if they are not full-health.

Rotom-W @ Citrus Berry
    Nature: Modest
    Ability: Levitate
    252HP/4Def/116SpAtk/116SpDef/20Spd
    - Hydropump
    - Thunderbolt
    - Will-o-Wisp
    - Protect

[*] Garchomp and Gardevoir companion. Will-o-Wisp to counter physical attackers and STAB moves for coverage.

Meowstick (M) @ Light Clay
    Nature: Bold
    Ability: Prankster
    252HP/252Def/4SpDef
    - Light Screen
    - Reflect
    - Thunder Wave
    - Psychic

[*] I'm not really sure about putting in Meowstic cause I will have 3 Pokemons with Ghost weakness but I never play him togheter with both Garde and Aegislash. Set is simple, spam screens and paralysis and dies. I would prefer some grass type to handle better possible Rotoms-W and things like that.

I'm also considering the option of removing Protect on Rotom for the Chesto-Rest combo so I could put the Citrus onto Talonflame.

Ok, explainations are over. Suggestion time! :D
  2. GlassGlaceon

GlassGlaceon heavily armed like i'm ambipom
    is a Tiering Contributor

you should probably Post this in the Rate My Team part of the forums just fyi :@
  3. LightAndrek

LightAndrek

Oh, I posted in the wrong section? Well, I'll repost in the correct section. Maybe I posted wrong 'cause there were post on team rating here too ;)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)