- Hypnosis
- Mega Drain
- Thunderbolt

Exeggutor
- Leech Seed
- Psychic
- Reflect
- Rest

I forgot whether Leech Seed is useful in RBY or not. If not, it's definitely changing to Sleep Powder or Stun Spore

Rhydon
- Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Substitute

Chansey
- Ice Beam
- Reflect
- Softboiled
- Thunder Wave

Slowbro
- Amnesia
- Reflect
- Rest
- Surf

Tauros
- Blizzard
- Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Hyper Beam

[18:29:21] Agent: fyi that team sucks
[18:29:30] Agent: has no viable walls
[18:29:32] Agent: alakazam lols
[18:29:37] Agent is away.
[18:29:49] The_Beast signed off.
[18:29:50] Synchronize: Like Rhydon?
[18:29:56] Synchronize: Or Chansey?
[18:29:58] Agent: hi my name is zam
[18:30:01] Agent: I just sweep you
[18:30:02] Agent: endlessly
[18:30:14] Agent: zam spin dos support
[18:30:15] Agent: sweeps you
[18:30:16] Agent: alone
[18:30:26] Synchronize: It sweeps
[18:30:27] Synchronize: Chansey
[18:30:30] Agent: not to mention if a cloyster comes in.
[18:30:30] Synchronize: Tobybro
[18:30:31] Synchronize: and Tauros?
[18:30:35] Agent: lol tobybro
[18:30:40] Agent: Tauros can't do shit
[18:30:44] Agent: It's para'd
[18:30:47] Agent: AND additionally
[18:30:48] Agent: reflect is up
[18:30:49] Agent: Osh
[18:30:50] Agent: i
[18:31:18] Synchronize: Yea, Tobybro completely walls non-Stoss Zam.
[18:31:21] Taylor signed off.
[18:31:30] ]V[F DOOM ;] [UU] has returned.
[18:31:32] Agent: it sure does!
[18:31:37] Agent: specially when you ignored dos!

GreenPikachu

pumpkin pieco
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
well...wow.

1). agent is kinda dumb.

2). that isn't tobybro.

3). where's the status? O_o

i'd say if you want reflect on slowbro, you should most definitely put sleep powder/stun spore on eggy over leech seed.

and, with rhydon/eggy/gengar, i wouldn't worry about putting reflect on chansey. i think you're trying to overcompensate too much. those 3 pokemon cover pretty much any physical attack in the game, so you don't need to force chansey to be good against physical attacks too. i'd throw sing(for surprise double statusing) or thunderbolt on that chansey. especially since you're lacking just a tad in starmie coverage (especially as the team currently stands with the lack of status)

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I've tried Reflect Chansey before, and it's not too good. A combination of Counter and T-Wave cripples normals with Ice Beams to fend off Golem / Rhydon. Also, a tankish Exeggutor without a single status looks pretty useless on paper. I think two is a good number of paralyzers for a team, especially useful for a team with Rhydon and a non T-Waving Tobybro. Have atleast Stun Spore on Exeggutor.

Your team doesn't seem to have problems with Grounds, and since Exeggutor is always troublesome, go with SToss on Gengar to hit not only Grounds but Exeggutor for neutral damage.

Yea, Starmie and Chansey gives problems to Tobybro, so keep Gengar alive to Tbolt Star and keep Leech Seed on Eggy I guess. Your team is also slow, and may fall prey to Wrappers, another incentive for keeping your Gengar healthy. You want SToss Gar so it wouldn't be stuck with Eggy and force to explode. Other than that, great defenses for normals and specials.

Awesome. I love scenarios that involve said pokemon to be Poisoned, Leech Seeded, under 10%, Spikes set, -6 Speed, etc etc.

Who is this Agent scrub?

Umby

I'm gonna bury you in the ground~
is a Contributor Alumnus
Awesome. I love scenarios that involve said pokemon to be Poisoned, Leech Seeded, under 10%, Spikes set, -6 Speed, etc etc.

Who is this Agent scrub?
Someone who banned me for arguing that GSC is neither purely offensive nor purely stall.

edit: And GP, I had Thunder Wave on before Reflect, which I believe would make that a Tobybro set before I made changes.

Onto the team itself, 6 standard pokemon, 3 standard sets.

Leech Seed is not useful in RBY; Reflect isn't passable. All in all, should consider Hypno if that's the set you want. Stalling in RBY is a bad idea though.

Reflect on Chansey is a bad from experience; I'd personally go with S-toss here, but people like Tbolt (which literally hits nothing past Starmie... and the occasional Lapras), go figure.

Go back to Tobybro.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Borat, Tbolt on Chansey doesn't help against Pure Psychic as much, but I think Chansey's main objective is to dispatch those annoying Starmies, Lapras, Cloysters, and Tobybro (with a ch).

As for Reflectbro, I got to say that it's really good if you have other pogies to paralyze stuff like Starmie for you. Makes it extremely difficult to put it into HBeam range, and Slowbro would survive Explosions / Self-Destructs. Exeggutor just can't come in and Explode anymore ;]

S-toss works decently against Starmie and Slowbro (Chansey isn't CH-happy enough to beat Tobybro). Plus, who keeps his Starmie in against Chansey? Para is more than enough to discourage that.

Cloyster is eh; paralyze it and go to Slowbro. S-toss still does a number against him too.

Again, I'm not liking these "everything is paralyzed and under 10%" scenarios. T-wave would come out more useful more times than not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)