1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Tournament Flamestrike versus Danmantican! Round 3!

Discussion in 'ASB' started by Tortferngatr, Jul 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tortferngatr

Tortferngatr

I was going to ref the last round, but meh. Good match everyone.
  2. Flamestrike

Flamestrike

Brandon watched as Shockstrike, the Pokemon who had done so much for him throughout this tournament, finally fell. As the crowd cheered for Dan, Brandon rejectedly recalled Shockstrike, thanking it for its valiant effort, and started the long walk back to the waiting room. When he arrived, the first thing he did was release all four of his tournament Pokemon from their Pokeballs. Shellstrike, Shockstrike, Shadowstrike and Flamestrike all appeared, similarly disappointed with the outcome. "I'm sorry guys," Brandon began, struggling to keep his voice firm. "I should have been better. You guys all did great, I just didn't prepare well enough, and made mistakes when I couldn't afford to, and because of that we lost when we were so close to winning!" Unable to control his emotions any more, tears started to run down Brandon's face. He felt like he should be thankful that his loss didn't cost him. All too well did he remember the horrors of the Nuzlocke challenge and the loss of so many of his close friends. And yet, somehow, even though he had lost nothing but the match itself, it hurt almost as much. Suddenly, he felt an arm extended over his shoulders. Looking over, he saw Flamestrike, and then he felt another arm go over his shoulders, this one from Shadowstrike. Shockstrike bent one of his heads down and nuzzled his trainer, making him smile despite the slight shocks he got. And while Brandon couldn't understand what Shellstrike said, he got the idea regardless. "Heh, you guys are right," he said, wiping a final tear from his eye. "We may have lost this time, but there'll be more tournaments. And next time, we'll be ready. We WILL win!" The Pokemon all cheered in agreement, before returning to their Pokeballs as Brandon walked out, ready to face whatever new challenges were ahead.

GG dan, I probably could have played that second last round better (should have made sure I would Fire Blast the turn after Detect to force you to either Endure or Detect twice) but you played really well and deserved the win big-time. Make sure you win the whole thing for me!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)