Flavourmons: what if you took the flavor text literally? (no OHKO or Auto-Win effects)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does honedge even have a dex entry
Serebii said:
Entry
It is now known that Honedge comes into being when a departed spirit possesses a sword that once belonged to humans. It can use the blue cloth attached to its hilt as nimbly as an arm. Pokémon Trainers who carelessly take this blade in hand may find the blue cloth wrapping itself around them and draining their energy!
I'm not sure if this counts, but it's on the 6th gen Pokemon page under Honedge. Also, to make sure this post contributes:
Wigglytuff
BW2:
Its fine fur feels so pleasant, those who accidentally touch it cannot take their hands away.
If Wigglytuff is hit by a contact move, the opponent can not switch out until Wigglytuff switches out or faints.

Yes, I know no one uses Wigglytuff in any tier, but it was the first Pokemon I could find.

Could scald OHKO ice types or at least convert the ice type to a water type until swapout? Ice/water types turn into pure water types.
I know this isn't relevant to this meta, but could still be an interesting concept.

Also, how feasible is this idea? It would be easy to change the movepool of pokemon, but wouldn't it take an incredible amount of time to code all the exceptions and extra abilities? Lastly, consider the fact that these are all written by a 10 year old, which could exaggerate the impact of these moves.

Genesect:
Black:
"Over 300 million years ago, it was feared as the strongest of hunters. It has been modified by Team Plasma."
Genesect gets intimidate as its ability.

I got one.
Glalie:

Ruby: Glalie has a body of rock, which it hardens with an armor of ice. This Pokémon has the ability to freeze moisture in the atmosphere into any shape that it desires.
Glalie is now an Ice / Rock-type.

Fire Red: It has a body of ice that won't melt, even with fire. It can instantly freeze moisture in the atmosphere.
Glalie takes half damage from Fire-type attacks.

Platinum: It prevents prey from escaping by instantaneously freezing moisture in the air.
If a Pokémon tries to switch out while Glalie is on the field, it is Frozen and can't switch.

Completely inferior to Download. Maybe if it was in addition.
No, as Genesect could have usable physical bulk with Intimidate. It could use the turn it gets to set up with Shift Gear, and then destroy with Iron Head, X-Scissor, ExtremeSpeed, and Zen Headbutt/Fly/Shadow Claw/Explosion/Aerial Ace/Flame Charge. So Intimidate isn't completely inferior to download, it just provides a different use.

No, as Genesect could have usable physical bulk with Intimidate. It could use the turn it gets to set up with Shift Gear, and then destroy with Iron Head, X-Scissor, ExtremeSpeed, and Zen Headbutt/Fly/Shadow Claw/Explosion/Aerial Ace/Flame Charge. So Intimidate isn't completely inferior to download, it just provides a different use.
Forgive my poor wording. I simply meant that the general role genesect does/provides prefers the ability to effectively use two choice items.

Forgive my poor wording. I simply meant that the general role genesect does/provides prefers the ability to effectively use two choice items.
Yes, but if Genesect had a different ability, its role would probably be different.

Anyways, back on topic:

Meloetta
Black:
"Its melodies are sung with a special vocalization method that can control the feelings of those who hear it."
If Meloetta uses Round, Sing, Echoed Voice, Hyper Voice, Perish Song, Uproar, or Relic Song, the opponent is unable to attack Meloetta or switch out until Meloetta switches out.

Meloetta
Black:
"Its melodies are sung with a special vocalization method that can control the feelings of those who hear it."
If Meloetta uses Round, Sing, Echoed Voice, Hyper Voice, Perish Song, Uproar, or Relic Song, the opponent is unable to attack Meloetta or switch out until Meloetta switches out.
Wow. I'd wager that that's too powerful for this format. Easy +6 after switching forms.

AWailOfATail

viva la darmz
Meloetta
Black:
How about infatuation regardless of gender? It's feelings, not total mind control.

Wow. I'd wager that that's too powerful for this format. Easy +6 after switching forms.
Meloetta would just boost up to +6, and it only gets Calm Mind and Hone Claws, no method of boosting its speed (128 in Piroette form, 90 in Aria Form), so, if it is in Piroette form, it can be easily KOd (100/77/128 defenses in Aria form, 100/90/77 defenses in the better offensively Piroette form) by priority (Piroette form is easily defeated by any attack after it close combats) or by Crobat, Mewtwo, Aerodactyl, Jolteon, Accelgor, or Deoxys (Normal or Attack form), all of whom outpace.

Let's not forget that this is a metagame where you will always win with a Victini, a Tyranitar is immune to any attack, and Cinccino is immune to contact moves (its soft fur coat deflects those moves). Furthermore, Meloetta would actually have to land the move, which could be hard, and status moves can be used while under those effects (so you can boost your stats, recover HP, inflict the Meloetta with a status condition, baton pass out (baton pass would not pass either effect), use a support move, or reset Meloetta's boosts with haze, or force it to switch out with Roar or Whirlwind).

Lastly, consider the fact that these are all written by a 10 year old, which could exaggerate the impact of these moves.
It's never actually said that your PC made the Dex entries. At any rate, it's the best material we have.

FireRed Gyarados: "It has an extremely aggressive nature. The Hyper Beam it shoots from its mouth totally incinerates all targets."

Hyper Beam is a one-hit KO.

FireRed/LeafGreen Ninjask: "This Pokémon is so quick, it is said to be able to avoid any attack. It loves to feed on tree sap."

Ninjask cannot be hurt by direct attacks. (Baton Pass is OP!)

Silver Electrode: "It stores an overflowing amount of electric energy inside its body. Even a small shock makes it explode."

Electrode automatically explodes if hit by an Electric-type attack.

Gold Poliwhirl: "The swirl on its belly subtly undulates. Staring at it may gradually cause drowsiness."

Poliwhirl will cause the opponent's Pokémon to fall asleep at the end of the turn after it is sent in.

Arcanine:
Silver/SoulSilver:
"Its magnificent bark conveys a sense of majesty. Anyone hearing it can't help but grovel before it."
If Arcanine uses Roar, Howl, or Snarl, the opponents next attack fails.

Red/Blue/LeafGreen: "A Pokémon that has been admired since the past for its beauty. It runs agilely as if on wings."
Arcanine gets +2 speed upon switching in.

Torterra should be able to damage it because Ninjask will try to get tree sap from it's tree.
The Sudowoodo line too, while we're at it.

Celebi DPPt: "It can travel across time, but is said to appear only in peaceful times."

Celebi cannot be used in battle. Not that it really would be viable anyway with INVINCIBLE TYRANITAR around.

Dragonair LeafGreen: "A mystical Pokémon that exudes a gentle aura. It is said to have the ability to change the weather."

Air Lock as a possible ability?

V I assume if it fools the Trainers in the animé, Ninjask is not so much smarter than them that it will see through it. :p (But that wouldn't surprise me....)

Last edited:
Lunatone
"Lunatone becomes active around the time of the full moon. Instead of walking, it moves by floating in midair using telekinesis. The Pokémon's intimidating red eyes cause all those who see it to become transfixed with fear."(Sapphire)
I guess it should get Intimidate as a possible ability, but it also mentions that it levitates in this same entry, so maybe it gets some new ability that's a kind of of combination of the two? Maybe not, I dunno.
Solrock
"Solar energy is the source of its power, so it is strong during the daytime. When it spins, its body shines."
Solrock can now have the ability Solar Power.

Regirock
"A Pokémon that is made entirely of rocks and boulders. If parts of its body chip off in battle, Regirock repairs itself by adding new rocks."(Emerald)
"Its entire body is made of rock. If any part chips off in battle, it attaches rocks to repair itself."(DPPt, BW, B2W2)
Regirock will regain health if Stealth Rocks are on the field after either being damaged by an attack or upon switching in. It also removes Stealth Rocks from the field.

Dragonair LeafGreen: "A mystical Pokémon that exudes a gentle aura. It is said to have the ability to change the weather."

Air Lock as a possible ability?
What if it had four extra move slots that could only be used on weather changing moves?

Also:
Shiftry:

Emerald: It is said to arrive on chilly, wintry winds. Feared from long ago as the guardian of forests, this Pokemon lives in a deep forest where people do not venture.
Shiftry gets Snow Warning as a possible ability. Yes, I know someone already said this.

LeafGreen: A Pokemon that was feared as a forest guardian. It can read its foe's mind and take preemptive action.
You learn the opposing Pokemon's move set when Shiftry is sent out. Kind of like Frisk.

Platinum: By flapping its leafy fans, it can whip up gusts of 100 ft/second that can level houses.
Shiftry learns Hurricane. Wind moves, (Hurricane, Icy Wind, Razor Wind, Twister, etc) Leaf Tornado, and Leaf Storm ignore the Steel-types resistances. Basically a more limited Tinted Lens. Whirlwind forces the foe to switch even if it has Suction Cups or is under the effects of Ingrain. Tailwind lasts for 8 actions instead of 4 when used by Shiftry. Defog also removes the foe's Substitute, if it has one.

Gible:

Platinum:

"It attacks using its huge mouth. While its attacks are powerful, it hurts itself out of clumsiness, too."

Gible gets hard jaw and hustle as abilities, but if it misses it damages it self for 40% of its health.

Gabite:

HeartGold/SoulSilver:

"As it digs to expand its nest, it habitually digs up gems that it then hoards in its nest."

If Gabite uses dig, there is a 50% chance it will emerge with either a ground, dragon, fire, water, or rock gem.

Garchomp:

Pearl:

"It flies at speeds equal to a jet fighter plane. It never allows its prey to escape."

Garchomp learns fly. Garchomp can attack switching foes, if the attack connects they cannot switch.

Platinum:

"It is said that when one runs at high speeds, it's wings create blades of wind that can fell trees."

Garchomp learns air slash and razor wind, both have a 20% power buff against grass types, and razor wind requires no charging if garchomp has some kind of speed buff.

Farfetch'd:
DPPtBWB2W2:
"It can't live without the stalk it holds. That's why it defends the stalk from attackers with its life."
Silver/Soul Sivler: "If it eats the plant stalk it carries as emergency rations, it runs off in search of a new stalk."
If Farfetch'd is not holding a stick, it immediately faints. If Farfetch looses its stick due to knock off, Farfetch'd looses a turn to go get the stick. Furthermore, a Farfethced below 20% HP left will run away from battle for a few turns, and return fully healed with a new stick.

What if it had four extra move slots that could only be used on weather changing moves?

Also:
Shiftry:
LeafGreen: A Pokemon that was feared as a forest guardian. It can read its foe's mind and take preemptive action.
You learn the opposing Pokemon's move set when Shiftry is sent out. Kind of like Frisk.
How about, for a set number of turns (cause having it for the whole game would be broken) you get to have revealed to you what the opponent is going to use/switch to before you move?

As for my personal suggestions, how about this one:
Liepard (B2W2):
Their beautiful form comes from the muscles they have developed. They run silently in the night.
So I would take from this that Liepard gets Shadow Sneak (and useless as it may sound, possibly Bulk Up as well).

Watchog (Black):When they see an enemy, their tails stand high, and they spit the seeds of berries stored in their cheek pouches.
There are two things I take from this. First, I sense Anticipation is a reasonable choice of ability for Watchog. Secondly, for slightly more obvious reasons, Bullet Seed is in order as well.

Out of time for now, more to come at a later time.

Last edited:
Togekiss, Diamond and Pearl:
It will never appear where there is strife. Its sightings have become rare recently.
No Togekisses here guys. Perhaps a "Togekiss fled!" message shows up when you try to use it?

Ambipom, Soul Silver:
It is very difficult to dodge the consecutive strikes of its two tails.
Any moves involving Ambipom's tails will now always hit.

Lopunny, Black and White:
The ears appear to be delicate. If they are touched roughly, it kicks with its graceful legs.
Any physical attacks used against Lopunny cause 12.5% recoil (in addition to other affects.)

Eevee, Black and White 2:
Because its genetic makeup is irregular, it quickly changes its form due to a variety of causes.
Eevee changes into one of it's eeveelutions if:
* It's hit with a move that matches an eeveelution type (inculding status)
* The weather changes
Strong Sun: 1/2 chance Flareon, 1/2 chance Leafeon
Rain: Vaporeon
Hail: Glaceon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)