move 4: Low Kick / Switcheroo / Return
item: Choice Band
ability: Water Veil
nature: Jolly
evs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========
  • This set is either used a standalone attacker on teams that want ways of breaking down defensive teams, teams that want a fast strong attacker, or as a lure for certain Pokemon like Clefairy that can beat Specs Floatzel. It can definitely be used outside of luring though, it is strong in its own right. CB Waterfall doesn't miss and is stronger than Specs Surf, if you're wanting a reliable attacker that won't miss.
  • Waterfall is the move Floatzel will be using most when it cleans late-game after its checks have been weakened / lured by other moves. Hits standard fare 'mons weak to Water like Rapidash, while being the general 'strong' move to use against neutral Pokemon.
  • Ice Punch is for most Grass-types such as Roselia which likes to switch in on special Floatzel.
  • Aqua Jet is very nice as special Floatzel doesn't have priority but CB can use Aqua Jet as tool to revenge weakened faster Pokemon such as Zebstrika, Scarf Chatot, and other Pokemon offense struggles with.
  • Last move is entirely based on what counters you: Low Kick 2HKOes SpD Avalugg, Switcheroo cripples Tangela, Return 2HKOes Politoed, Crunch 2HKOes Gourgeist-XL after some prior. No option is superior to another; it is all team dependant.
  • Pursuit is usable as well to force damage on some of the Pokemon that want to switch from Floatzel. There aren't many Pursuit users in PU so it's usable, though its application is limited.

Set Details
========
  • Max Attack and Speed as this set aims to be a fast physical attacker, Jolly nature is used to be fast.
  • Choice Band is the item this set is built around.
  • Water Veil gives a handy immunity to Scald burns as well as your opponent choking by using Will-o-Wisp on you.

Usage Tips
========
  • This Floatzel will typically be used in a way where it uses the move it has to lure in a check on something it forces out, weakening / KOing it and paving the way for it to sweep with Waterfall later in the game.
  • The same applies when using this just to lure Pokemon such as Clefairy, Roselia, Grumpig, Licklicky, and Politoed; even after it has lured these Pokemon it can still be used as a late-game sweeper.
  • This Pokemon is really simple to use.
  • If you have Pursuit don't use it on Rapidash -_-.
  • Use Aqua Jet vs lead Golem to beat Custap variants. Floatzel is a really good lead in most cases anyway. Aqua Jet can be used to revenge kill faster setup sweepers.

Team Options
========
  • Double Water-types takes advantage of lured Roselia / Clefairy / Politoed so Simipour is a prime partner; obviously pack Electric- and Grass-type checks to cover weaknesses (Piloswine + Roselia core ftw), Clefairy also kind of works as a Stealth Rocker on these teams if not using Piloswine or Metang which is not often used on Floatzel teams.
  • Pokemon that setup on the Pokemon that you don't have the coverage for. If not using Crunch, Roselia is great again as it sets Spikes on Gourgeist formes. It also switches into Clefairy and Politoed. Basically Roselia is the best Pokemon. It even switches into Politoed if you aren't running Return.
  • Gunk Shot Linoone, Knock Off Purugly, or other Tangela lures work nicely for Floatzel to clean easier.

Last edited:

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'd put pursuit in moves with crunch, considering the amount of viable pursuit trappers we have it's pretty cool and goes well with the whole "surprise I'm physical" element. I don't know why BP is even mentioned if you think it's that bad, I wouldnt mention it at all since you already have like 5 things to run in the last slot.

expand set details it takes like 2 seconds lol. and ability needs a mention too

you don't really lure politoed since return is the last of 3 slashes, spdef grumpig or lickilicky or something makes more sense

Give a teammate that takes on politoed, you need it if not running return

If you've belly drummed with linoone and KOd tangela with gunk shot, you probably already won. it's just not really a tangela lure

1/3

not qc ofc but ill help i guess

Moves
========
-i dont see the point in mentioning crunch, youre better off just sticking with ice punch since both of the two require prior damage to 2hko

Set Details
========
-mention water veil, pretty important that you can switch into scalds w/o having to worry about burn

Usage Tips
========
-mention it can revenge faster stuff w/ aqua jet
-mention that you can switcheroo bulkier pokemon in order to cripple them

Team Options
========
-like zard said here:
  • Gunk Shot Linoone, Knock Off Purugly, or other Tangela lures work nicely for Floatzel to clean easier.
no need to mention gunk shot linoone
-mention setup sweepers that appreciate wallbreaking from floatzel
-mention a slow volt switch and u-turn to get floatzel in safely

gotcha

only thing i disagree with is gunk linoone being a tangela lure not counting because you've already won because you might have something that can now beat linoone due to the different coverage than expected

ok dundies i didn't see that until now so ill reply

crunch requires less prior damage and also does better vs dusknoir and dusclops and missy so it's worth mentioning, i can mention more targets for things in the write-up

did water veil

will mention aqua jet stuff in usage tips but i disagree with switcheroo being mentioned in such a general sense since i already said used the move required to lure things and switcheroo vs anything that isn't specifically something it was intended for like tangela is a waste since now you are so easy to wall and you could just beat most other bulky stuff anyway

i don't like those things in tips, they apply to literally any pokemon ever and are so general and are the things i dislike including in any analysis they aren't specifically relevant for in terms of certain mosn

dude i literally told you you couldn't do this >.> I'll let you go through with this if you really want but you're just making it harder for the person who does the revamp

edit: okay sorry i wasn't more clear but you could've at least waited until everything was sorted before you posted the set

Last edited:
Floatzel needs a full revamp and those aren't out so
1) you do floatzel fully (I'll let you do that now)
2) you have someone do the whole analysis and you can write this specific set (silly but if you really)
Anyway this looks nice
Locking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)