Flora vs. TotalPotato

Rules

• 2v2 Singles
  • DQ Time: 3 Days
  • 5 Chills, 2 Recoveries
  • No Abilities
  • No Items
    [*]Switch = OK
You can only switch at the end of a round, after reffing.
The person who switches issues their commands first that round.
Switching is not allowed in the first two rounds.
Consecutive switching is not allowed.

Arena: Beach
A standard beach. Perfectly normal weather: it's not too hot and not too cold. Sand is diggable, low tides, divable waters, and wide amount of space in the air for Flying. Basically, there's water on the righthand side, sand on the middle area, and grass on the lefthand side.
Summary: No active weather. Pretty much anything goes.

Fight!
1. Flora sends out.
2. TotalPotato sends out and issues commands.
3. Flora issues commands.
4. I ref.
5. Flora issues commands.
6. TotalPotato issues commands.
7. I ref.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'll start out with Sappharite the Chinchou!

Oh, and I sent it out over at the diversion between sand and water.

Rosemary (Chikorita), I feel I should finally do you the courtesy of sending you out against a non-Fire-type. Go!

Let's start off on the offensive with Leaf Storm. Then protect yourself with Light Screen, and end the round with Leech Seed!

If you don't get Leaf Storm off on the first action, fire it on your second action! And if you don't get Light Screen off on your second action, move it to your third action!

Leaf Storm - Light Screen/Leaf Storm - Leech Seed/Light Screen

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
lol I typoed my own pokemon's name last post (sorry!)

Anyway, Sappharite, since you outspeed and are at a type disadvantage, I want you to mess around with Rosemary a bit. Fire off a crippling Thunder Wave, then complete the combo with a Confuse Ray. Afterward, freeze the leaf with Ice Beam!

Thunder Wave - Confuse Ray - Ice Beam

Ice-eyes

Simper Fi
Round 1: Begin!

Chinchou [Sappharite] (F)
HP: 100
Energy: 100
Boosts: None
Other: None
vs.

Chikorita [Rosemary] (F)
HP: 90
Energy: 100
Other: None

Sappharite takes the initiative, firing off a Thunder Wave! The electricity courses through Rosemary's body, paralysing her. Rosemary collapses onto the sand but is able to get shakily back to her feet and send a deadly Leaf Storm towards Sappharite. The leaves strike hard, hurling the Chinchou backwards, into the water.

Struggling with her paralysis, Rosemary cannot avoid the incoming Confuse Ray Sappharite sends her way. She blinks, looking utterly disorientated. [Intense Confusion!] However, this doesn't stop Rosemary from putting up a Light Screen to protect her from further attack.

Looking to crush her weakened opponent, Sappharite launches an Ice Beam. The Light Screen partially deflects it, but much of the lethal ice still lands, hurling Rosemary to the ground. Despite the paralysis and confusion, she manages to rise on shaking legs and send a Leech Seed at Sappharite; the seeds connect and burrow deep, draining the Chinchou's energy.

Round 1: End!

Chinchou [Sappharite] (F)
HP: 74
Energy: 83
Other: Leech Seeded
vs.

Chikorita [Rosemary] (F)
HP: 82
Energy: 75
Boosts: -1 SpA
Other: 25% paralysis
Confusion (4 Actions Remaining)

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
Darn, no hax. T_T

There's nothing we can do about Leech Seed and Light Screen, so let's just pray that hax will come our way this round. As there is no other favorable move to use at the moment, fire off Ice Beam after Ice Beam at Chikorita and hope for a freeze! Start the barrage from Chikorita's feet toward its head. Might as well get some damage in there while parafusion is in effect.

Ice Beam - Ice Beam - Ice Beam

Alright, since your SpA is down right now, strike Sappharite with a Razor Leaf! Then try to blind her with Flash, before striking once again with Razor Leaf!

(I hope you remember about the Light Screen without putting it in Rosemary's "Other" section, Ice-eyes)

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
Hi, I'm the guy taking over your battle.

Flora OO
Sappharite (F)

74 HP / 83 EN
Ice Beam ~ Ice Beam ~ Ice Beam

VS

TotalPotato OO
Rosemary (F)

82 HP / 75 EN
Razor Leaf ~ Flash ~ Razor Leaf

And we're back with SubRef DF44 who quickly gets right down to business. Or Beachiness, because some kid thought it funny for me to have sand in my face.

Sappharite begins the round by moving closer and firing an Ice Beam. Unable to get a better shot, the Light Screen keeps the chill factor on low for Rosemary, and also seems to have frozen to the Light Screen. Rosemary tries to jump up and fire some Razor Leaves over the new ice feature, but messes up her jump badly and bumps her head on the ice. Ouch!

Having had the chance to move closer in, Sappharite stands on the other side of the light screen, where it suddenly offers no more protection. She fires of another frigid beam, which strikes Rosemary on her feet. Wincing, Rosemary counters with a flash. It blinds Sappharite, and makes a lovely rainbow effect through the ice that has formed on the Light Screen.

Blinded, Sappharite attempts yet another Ice Beam, but it goes off course, freezing a path along the ocean. Rosemary falls on the sand, rolling in laughter. She then stops the rolling, as Paralysis rears its ugly face and prevents her from moving. But hey, she's laughing, and that's a good indicater that the confusion has nearly ended. Even if it is causing her to roll in all that icky sand...

Little by little, it seems as if that Leech Seed Sappharite took has been working, but the seed's grip is weakening on her.

Flora OO
Sappharite (F)

65 HP / 56 EN
Seeded 2 more actions.
Pretty Lights!​

TotalPotato OO
Rosemary (F)

64 HP / 62 EN
Para 20%
Confusion 1 more action
Not sure if that went well or not...​

The 2 are close to each other on the sand, with the light screen not doing anything protective right now.

It's still 25%? Doesn't it go down by 5% per round?

Try putting the ice screen thing between you and Sappharite, Rosemary! From behind that screen, hit her with a sure-hit Magical Leaf. Then heal up with Synthesis, before hitting her with another Magical Leaf! Keep the screen between you and Sappharite if you can!

If Sappharite closes in on you on the second or third action, replace the appropriate action with Facade.

Magical Leaf - Synthesis/Facade - Magical Leaf/Facade

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
Yeah, paralysis should be 20%.

Anyway, Sappharite, meet the first Magical Leafs with an Ice Beam. Now since Confuse Ray will have ended that round, close in and fire off another Confuse Ray! Finish off with another Ice Beam when near, hopefully to the face. ;D

Ice Beam - Confuse Ray - Ice Beam

After this turn, it's time to switch out! Gotta preserve you for later Sappharite. I'd like my other Pokemon, Missidian (Murkrow), to be swapped with Sappharite at the end of next round.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
I apologize to both refs and TotalPotato. The inactivity is just dragging on so I'd like the match to end.

I'd probably be like a Tie for both me and TotalPotato.

I'm not the ref though and I can't give out rewards so I'm not so what's going to happen. I'd believe, though, that Ice-eyes and Dogfish get 1 ref counter each, and me and TotalPotato have our Chikorita and Chinchou get 1 EC, 1 MC, and 1 DC. I'm not sure about 2 Trainer Counters for both of us... I'd be nice to have them though.

edit: yeah, okay, smash said just be done with this and give the prizes like this.

2 Trainer Counters for me and TotalPotato
1 EC, MC, and DC for Chikorita and Chinchou
1 Ref Counter for Ice-eyes and Dogfish

GG, however it ended, and thanks for the reffing attempts guys!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)