Flower Gift (vote was done at the bottom of discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two points on Flower Gift;

• It should probably be self-sufficient? As in, it should work on itself, rather than just 'allies'.
  • Can we up it to +3/+3? In-Game it provides x1.5 as a bonus, which we usually give as +3 (See: Flare Boost)

(Also we could definitely get away with making it be all stats rather than just Atk/SpD I'm just saying :P)

For context, this is what Flower Gift looks like atm:

This Pokemon's flower opens up in intense sunlight, it releases a glow that is infused into its allies, increasing the Base Attack Power of their physical attacks by two (2) and reducing the Base Attack Power of opponent's special attacks by two (2).
I see very little issues with Dogfish's suggestions. Not only is Flower Gift Cherrim's only ability, it actually DOES affect the pokemon in-game. While increasing two stats at once by +3 may seem a bit too good at first sight, the condition is extremely easy to remove, stands as the pokemon's only ability and Cherrim's physical movepool is hardly large.

But eh, discuss away.

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
self-suficient? Seems arbitrary. Deviates from ingame. Buffing because we can and not because we should. Opens a can of worms, so I'd think twice before doing it if I were you.
EDIT: oh wait, it actually works that way ingame. smh. Why the hell it isn't that way from the get go?

+3? Sure, precedent, w/e.

self-suficient? Seems arbitrary. Deviates from ingame. Buffing because we can and not because we should. Opens a can of worms, so I'd think twice before doing it if I were you.
EDIT: oh wait, it actually works that way ingame. smh. Why the hell it isn't that way from the get go?

+3? Sure, precedent, w/e.
If i had to guess, Deck (Or whoever implemented the ability) made a typo, but nobody caught on until several years later because nobody really cares about Cherrim.

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
So, straight to Voting? (Council peeps halp, I am only one man and somehow my tiem after work has been eaten up)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)