ORAS OU FlyingSpam VoltTurn

Hi!
So here is the first thread I make in Smogon's forum!
I play this team for a while and peaked ~1700. I first made it because I really enjoy playing Pinsir-M and the BirdSpam (after seeing xtra$hine and Fildrong ones) in general. I also like to keep momentum in my match so I made a VoltTurn core with Lando-T/Magnezone/Talonflame. It evolved over the time and I'm pretty happy how it turned! Enough talk! Let's see the team itself!

lil bug (Pinsir-Mega) @ Pinsirite
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Quick Attack
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat

First member of my team and the MVP in most of my match. The set is pretty standard:
Adamant nature to maximize damages output. It become nearly unstopable. For a long time I ran EQ over CC but the later one allows it to not worry about Flying/Levitate and OHKO Ttar without a SD. Quick-Attack is an OHKO 100% of the time on Medicham-M after rocks damages, Keldeo still need to be a little bit worn down before the OHKO. Return has a 95.3% chance to 2HKO Ferro and 100% OHKO after a SD. Ferro is particulary nice to set-up on. However this monster still needs some cleanup before wrecking everything. It has a very bad time vs M-Diancie and Electrik types like Rotom-W and the aforementioned Zapdos.

lil magnut (Magnezone) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon

So here is my Steel trapper. It also put a great pressure against M-Diancie. The Scarf is here to compensate its mediocre speed but it may lack some power sometimes (ie: only 18.8% to OHKO M-Zard Y with Tbolt). It's job is to be an offensive pivot and wear down threat like Rotom-W. It may need some good anticipations sometimes if there still is Ground types alive.

lil chickun (Talonflame) @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Steel Wing
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn

Here is the second destroyer of team and revenge killer of the team! The set is the same as xtra$hine's one. Adamant and max attack are here to deal great damages and you wont be worry too much about the speed since you will spam BB most of the time while it still allow you too outspeed by 1 point the 110BS (M-Diancie I see you lil bi***!). It complete the offensive VoltTurn core with Zone and Lando. Care about Garchomp since Talonflame takes 50% of its HP when using BB against TankChomp.

lil druke (Kyurem-Black) @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Roost
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt

Now the glue of my team and my offensive Swiss-Knife! It is here to deal with flying type (particulary Zapdos and Lando-T) and bulky Water types (100% 2HKO on Slowbro after rocks). It can create nice mindgame for example against the Lando-T/Rotom-W core with the question: is this thing Scarf/Band or not??? LO gives it insane damage output. Ice-Beam is a highly spamable STAB move while the two other one are coverage. Earth Power is particularly useful against Rotom-W which gives a hard time to my team in the early game. Roost is hard to place but is appreciate after LO and Rocks. I usually use it as a lead since it can hit super effectively most of the meta.

lil meow (Landorus-Therian) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD / 180 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Rock Slide

Now it's the defensive core turn! Lando-T is a Pokemon I feel confident with and it appears in most of my teams. I use it as a physically defensive pivot a role it excels in. The 180Spe EV are here to outspeed 70BS max speed. I run Rock Slide over Stone Edge for the nice 30% flinch chance. It is the last member of the VoltTurn core. It also pairs well with specially defensive Mew.

lil boi (Mew) @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 148 HP / 252 SpD / 108 Spe
Careful Nature
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Knock Off

Last but not least! This little boy is one hell of a good special wall with its 100BS. It has many roles and is probably the most important member of my team. First one is to defog which is ABSOLUTELY needed with Talon/M-Pinsir taking 50% and Kyurem-B 25% on rocks. Second one is to wall Latios which destroy my team otherwise. It takes 62% on LO Latios DM and can Roost after or use Knock Off. 108Spe EV allow it to outspeed Bishrap (which can be very hard to deal with at +2) and WoW it before it can land a Knock Off.

Threat List:
M-Diancie: I have few switch in to this and it resist BirdSpam. Talon with Steel Wings or Zone are the two only OHKO while outspeeding it. Lando-T OHKO it but takes a lot on Moonblast.
Latios: Once Mew and Talonflame are down Latios has an easy time against my team. I usually wait till M-Pinisr can revenge kill it with Quick-Attack. However it can turn into a setup bait for Pinsir-M at -2 (and no hax).
Kyurem-B Scarf: This is hard to deal with cause it deals massive damages and no one in my team can OHKO it. A mixed Scarf is particularly threatening cause it hits every one except Mew super effectively.
STEALTH ROCK: It is obvious that SR are the nemesis of this team. It is important to keep Mew healthy while there still is a rocker in the opposing team.
Excadrill under SS: This is a freaking monster and can finish my team if Lando-T is gone (Mew can still come after someone die and threat it with WoW.
M-Charizard-X: While I can still play around it with Talon and M-Pinsir and their Priorities it can destroy me after 1-2DD
Water/Ground Types: I have no grass attack to deal with them

Conclusion:
While it still has its flaws I think this team can handle a lot of team efficiently and is very fun to play creating a lot of mindgames with the VoltTurn core. Don't forget that like xtra$hine's one, Talon and M-Pinsir will finish most of the game while the rest of the team is here to support these two.

This seems like a great set of pokemon with a good analysis. However, i would recommend that you get rid of the speed on all of your bulk mons like mew and landorous. Personally, I think that you would need the bulk and be slower than a lot of mons so you can get switch ins to threats like talon flame or pinsir. Also I think that SD bisharp is something you forgot to mention. After 1 SD it's able to sweep through your whole team and punishes defog from mew. It can also negate the burn by getting to +6 i recommend running low kick or vaccum wave but that's just me.

Hi. Nice team you have got.

This team has a pretty cool concept - VoltTurn with BirdSpam is pretty nice. However, your team is really weak to Dark, with literally 0 switch-ins. I like how you are running Speed on Mew to deal with Bisharp better. Still, you remain vulnerable to Bisharp, especially when some run Lum these days.

Here are some suggestions:

EV Spread; Stone Edge > Rock Slide
I don't see a reason to run Speed on this. It's not as if you would really benefit by outspeeding the Base 70 threats. I suggest running a more bulky spread, with even less speed too. A slower Lando-T gives you a slower U-Turn meaning that often you can bring in your main threats safely, which is a pretty big deal. Also, now that you have more bulk, you are able to deal with Zard X and Sand Driller better. Stone Edge is usually preferred as it deals more damage in general, which would be helpful.

Scarf Keldeo > LO KyuB

This Keldeo serves a different purpose from KyuB, but of course I have my reasons for suggesting this change, the main one being that your team is far too weak to Dark types. Keldeo gives you a much-needed switch-in, while adding Speed to your team, which is probably needed albeit the amount of priority you already have. It also makes your team less Rocks weak, which will be so very much useful in a situation where you lost Mew and Rocks go up on your side.

Volt Switch / U-Turn > Knock Off
This isn't really necessary but you might like the extra momentum.

Here are the sets:
Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 29 Spe
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power Ice

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 148 HP / 252 SpD / 108 Spe
Careful Nature
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Volt Switch / U-Turn

That's it for my rate. Hope I helped, thanks for reading and have a nice day! n_n

Thank you for your return on my team! I will really consider Keldeo! Maybe I'll put a Specs on it for more raw power and the fact that I'm currently pretty happy even with the low speed of Kyurem-B! I'll also try the bulkier sets on defensive Mons (adding the fact that Keldeo would deals with Bisharp now!)!
For the Volt-Switch over Knock Off I really like the later one for the utility it gives against Stall.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)