For A Boy

460.png
464.png

This is one of my favourite cores, as they're both extremely deadly sweepers under the right circumstances. The idea is to get either Abomasnow or Rhyperior set up for a sweep- depending on what is left on the board at the time.
460.png
464.png
640.png

From here, I knew I needed some form of special attacker to try and stop physical walls. I picked Virizion due to it's powerful Dual STAB moves, good special bulk, and ability to blow away steels that the team struggles with, like Bronzong and Escavalier.
460.png
464.png
640.png
479.png

Now that I have my three sweepers, I decided I needed Pokémon that could give the team the opportunity to sweep. Rotom helps by being able to cripple physical attackers with Will-O-Wisp, maybe get Paralysis to slow things down, and be the team's go-to Fighting switch, as my main sweepers are both weak to fighting.
460.png
464.png
640.png
479.png
480.png

Next up is Uxie. Uxie fits perfectly on set-up sweeping teams because of Memento, while also having Stealth Rock to remove sashes. This Uxie also has a nasty trick - Trick and Lagging Tail.
460.png
464.png
640.png
479.png
480.png
009.png

For as Bizarre as it sounds, I needed to find myself a Steel Resist. I picked Blastoise to serve multiple roles - Steel Resistance, Spinner, and a Fire resist to compensate for having both Abomasnow and Virizion.

Now, for an in-depth look!

Abomasnow @ Life Orb
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 100 HP / 252 Atk / 156 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Ice Shard
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake

Abomasnow is the team's first physical sweeper. With Ice Shard, Wood Hammer, and Earthquake, there isn't that many things that can switch in. Ice Shard is great for picking off things with priority, or even outright OHKOing them after a Swords Dance or two. Soundproof is here for free switch-ins to Meloetta or Exploud if they've locked themselves into Boomburst or Hyper Voice.

Rhyperior @ Lum Berry
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 Atk / 8 Spe / 248 HP
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Megahorn
- Stone Edge
- Rock Polish
Ahh, Dual Dance Rhyperior. I'm a bit mixed on running SD and Rock Polish, but it's worked so far, so I'll roll with it. The idea is to either Swords Dance to boost yourself to KO everything, Rock Polish to boost your speed to try and outspeed slower threats, or even both, and then hit things with Stone Edge and Megahorn. I chose to forgo Earthquake because Abomasnow has it, but you could drop Rock Polish for it.

Virizion @ Lum Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 8 Def / 248 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Here's special Virizion, because I needed a special attacker who could do 3 things:
a) Answer the team's issue with Escavalier
b) perform a special attacking role
c) something to absorb burns
Lum CM Virizion fits the bill perfectly. It doesn't care for Burns because it's a special attacker, and easily dispatches Escavalier with Hidden Power fire. It also works as the team's go-to special attacker, since its high natural special defence can give it some extra set-up opportunities.

Rotom @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 124 HP / 132 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Discharge
- Will-O-Wisp
- Substitute
- Hex
Status Spreader Rotom-N is here to help augment the team's physical bulk, and becomes the team's fighting and flying check, as two of our sweepers each are weak to those types. Will-O-Wisp also breaks Sahses if Rocks are not up, and can stall out something with Wisp + Sub + Hex.

Uxie @ Lagging Tail
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Memento
- U-turn
- Trick
Uxie is the team's Rock Setter. Memento is also really helpful when trying to set up a sweep, as you will force a switch most of the times. Trick + Lagging tail is fun to try and revenge something, because you will decrease it's priority. Bonus points if you can catch a Fletchinder with this, you half Acrobatics' power.

Blastoise @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Toxic
- Foresight
My reasoning for Blastoise was simple. I needed a spinner, and Escavalier can usually take out one or two things off of my team. Blastoise can spin and take hits from Escavalier. It can also take hits from other things like Fletchinder or Delphox, and revenge Fletchinder with Scald.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Replay where the team did well: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ru-337065788

Thanks for reading, and enjoy!

PS: shoutouts to EonX for reminding me to change Virizion to timid!

Last edited:
yo i think if u run 4 speed instead of 4 spd on ur uxie it will improve ur team GREATLY as the 4 speed will help u outspeed other uxie users and other lagging tail users. Same with ur blastoise run 4 speed over 4 spd to help u outspeed other blastosies

DKFirelord

Back this time I swear!
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey just have some miner changes :

I'd recommend jolly 252 to outspeed choice scarf Emboar and Dugtrio after a rock polish.

I really recommend a psychic move on Uxie espcally with your team having major probleams with Virizion, Gurdurr, and Sawk rotom I don't consider a counter to these mons since Virizionncan just set-up on, Gurdurr doesn't care about a wisp, and Sawk just OHKOes with Knock. You could also just replace rotom with Qwilfish so you can still check Durant (still don't consider rotom a solid Durant never will) and Fighting-Types in general.

Edit:
Qwilfish @ Black Sludge
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Def / 148 Spe
Impish / Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Waterfall / Scald
- Thunder Wave / Toxic Spikes
- Taunt
The spread outspeed outspeed Flygon with 24 Speed Evs and Adament Tyrantrum, Absol, and Samarott.

Good team Miyami n_n

Last edited:
Ok so let's try a few things

I know you want to do some Lagging Tail trick here, but I honestly that just won't be worth it, aside from the fact Uxie is passive as hell with the current set you're running. Since you seem to lack a proper Fighting-type check, I'd say going for Psyshock over Trick and a spread of 252 HP / 64 Def / 192 Spe with a Bold nature migth work best. This'll give you a slightly better check for fighters, as you'll at least be able to pull some worthwhile damage on em. EVs allow you to outspeed adamant hitmonlee btw.

0 SpA Uxie Psyshock vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Hitmonlee: 224-266 (92.9 - 110.3%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
---
0 SpA Uxie Psyshock vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Virizion: 180-212 (55.5 - 65.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252 Atk Virizion Leaf Blade vs. 252 HP / 64+ Def Uxie: 157-186 (44.3 - 52.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

DKFirelord already covered Rhyperior pretty well, going for Speed over HP and a Jolly nature. Another change I might suggest is going for Earthquake over Swords Dance and LO over Lum. This'll give you a bit more of an immediate offensive presence and compensate for not using adamant. That aside, the team's current matchup against offense is very poor, and you lack a good deal of 'speed' aside from Abomasnow's Ice Shard. My suggestion'd be to use Scarf Tyrantrum, since that at least gives you a way to pressure offense-heavy builds and some much needed speed

My biggest gripe with using SD Aboma is the huge loss of bulk really takes away from the shine its mega counterpart gives it. tbh it'd just be best to stick with a simple AoA abomasnow variant, giving you a nice way to pave a clean sweep for Virizion, aside from giving a smaller window of opportunity for durant to switch into ya. HP Fire over EQ to deal with Esca more comfortably,and snow warning for blizzard heaven imo.

Ok since you have CM Viriz, you'd be better off with hp ice over hp fire here as you don't have to sacrifice a speed point, which if ya do it leaves you outsped by other viriz. You still get to hit the grass/poisons and Flying-types for the same amount of damage. Also LO over lum here too since as you said, it doesn't care for burns that much, so an instant power augment will be cool. I'd personally use SD Viriz here, but from what I tested, CM still did fine.

Lastly, I have to agree with changing rotom to qwilfish, as it gives you a pretty solid durant check and can provide extra support for switchin into fighters.

Abomasnow @ Life Orb
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 100 Atk / 252 SpA / 156 Spe
Mild Nature
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain
- Ice Shard
- Hidden Power [Fire]
---
Uxie @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psyshock
- U-turn
- Memento
---
Rhyperior @ Life Orb
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Polish
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Megahorn

or

Tyrantrum @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rock Head
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Superpower
---
Qwilfish @ Black Sludge
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt

this set actually gives you one more defense point than the one DK posted above btw.
---
Virizion @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Last edited:

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
The first thing I will like to point is that the order of the ev spread distribution is pretty inconsistent overall. HP / Atk / Def / SpA / Spdef / Spe is the preferred order for the ev spread distribution since right now some of the sets are confusing to read.

DKFirelord and Esidisi pretty much nailed it on the set optimizations regarding uxie and rhyperior but I disagree completely with the qwilfish addition. The team right now is extremely psychic weak and adding a qwilfish in here to check fighting types makes the issue a lot more worse. The team definitely needs a secondary fighting check but much more importantly a psychic check so I would recommend spiritomb over rotom. Spiritomb gives you a secondary fighting resist which alleviates the pressure on uxie from being your only actual fighting resist, and it also gives you a necessary psychic resist.

With rhyperior + blastoise I dont think fletchinder or flying types in general shouldnt give you much of an issue, but sadly I removed a secondary durant check from your team. With this being said, I feel virizion is pretty redundant here with a LO abomasnow at your disposal and your definitely needed a more solid ice and steel resist for mons like mega glalie, durant and escavalier so I would recommend Scarf emboar over virizion. Emboar would give you a durant check, mega glalie and escavalier and good additional speed to your team improving your matchup against offense.

Now to the sets optimizations:

- Thunder wave / U-turn / Stealth rock / Psychic on uxie will be better on your team since the lagging tail gimmick which while innovative seems rather pointless (isnt even trick scarf which has actual use). Thunder wave provides good speed control to your team against mons like aerodactyl, scarf medicham and scarf durant locked into other move not being x-scissor, which could be annoying. Feel psychic is more optimal here since with the emboar change you can revenge kill virizion and spiritomb can dispose of hitmonlee. Psychic could help you with gurdurr which, while uncommon, could really get out of control.

- Rapid spin / Scald / Refresh / Toxic on blastoise tbh. Refresh will give you pseudo status absorption and will alleviate the matchup against defensive builds that rely on status and ease the matchup against mola since you cant just rely on abomasnow alone to check it. Same spread.

- Ice Shard / Giga Drain / Blizzard / Focus Blast on normal abomasnow over the SD set. Feel that SD normal abomasnow is rather underwhelming in this build so making LO abomasnow your main wallbreaker would be ideal imo.

Definitely run jolly max attack and speed on that rhyperior. Earthquake over swords dance and ice punch over megahorn would work better in here. Not having earthquake on rhyperior isnt an option and ice punch destroys flygon that attempt to switch on you. I would actually test banded rhyperior on this build. Seems like it can to add more wallbreaker pressure to opposing teams.

Hope my changes work for you. Will provide the sets in a spolier now. Best of luck
Pokemon Changes

Spiritomb @ Black Glasses
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 208 HP / 252 Atk / 48 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Foul Play
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sucker Punch

Emboar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Heavy Slam
- Superpower

Set Changes and optimization

Abomasnow @ Life Orb
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 80 Atk / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Mild Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Ice Shard
- Giga Drain
- Blizzard
- Focus Blast

Rhyperior @ Life Orb
Ability: Solid Rock
Jolly Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Rock Polish
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Uxie @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 192 Spe
Bold Nature
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Psychic

Blastoise @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 228 Def / 32 Spe
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Refresh
- Scald
- Toxic

Cheers!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)