1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

For Anyone from BC Canada! (Pokemon Tournament)

Discussion in 'Stark Mountain' started by FearZeCrawdaunt, Jul 20, 2010.

1. FearZeCrawdaunt

FearZeCrawdaunt

It was difficult determining which forum this was most appropriate for...

Anyone from BC! Have you heard of Tsukino Con? It's Victoria's new anime convention (Kei Con's successor), and this year I had a really fun idea.

I'm gonna be running a mock pokemon league-style tournament this Tsukino Con. And I'm looking for some experienced battlers to come join in the fun! I know Chinese Dood is interested (been talking to him a lot lately).

Essentially, the tournament will run the first two days of the con, where contestants get to battle the gym leaders, acquire the 8 badges etc... and on the final day, anyone who has all 8 badges gets to challenge the E4. And anyone who beats the E4 will enter their own tournament. I've got confirmation that the prize for the last man standing can be a reserved copy of Pokemon Black or White.

But right now, we're still in the infantile planning stages. The gym leaders are going to be chosen by the end of August, and sign ups will be starting this coming week. We're determining gym leaders first, and anyone who doesn't get their gym idea approved has a shot at becoming an E4 (via tourney).

But yeah, anyone in BC who is interested, there's still a chance at becoming a gym leader or an E4, and I'm looking for people to help out, since I fear the number of experienced battlers amongst our crew might not even total 8. (I certainly don't count, but I'm working on it!)

I guess this post also serves as an advertisement as well, for anyone who hadn't heard of Tsukino Con, but would want to compete in this. Which is totally cool, but if you want to, a gym leader spot is available! You can pm me for details.

Hope this is alright with forum rules. It's not really an advertisement for anything like another website etc... Just looking for some help from some smogonites :)

edit: I should actually also mention, anyone in Victoria or the surrounding area, there will be a planning meeting in the Engineering and Computer Sciences building (ECS) at UVic, Sunday July 25th. It starts at 1:00 pm and shouldn't be too long, though we'll probably hang out and battle a bit after :P
  2. Eraddd

Eraddd One Pixel
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Too bad you're in the second most populated city. Firestorm, me and the like rep Vancouver
  3. FearZeCrawdaunt

FearZeCrawdaunt

Aye. Even if you can't make it to meetings, if you think you'd be interested in heading over for the Con (Feb. 19-21) then if nothing more, you can sweep what will most likely be a fairly easy 8 gyms for anyone dedicated enough to frequent Smogon, and have a chance at winning a reserve copy of pokemon Black or White.

As I said, Chinese Dood is interested too, and he's from Van :P

Plus, we'll have gym badges you earn! Your very own 8 gym badges from the Victoria region! Plus, the registration system this year favours early registration. So like, registering 6 months in advance would make the price like... 10-15 bucks (not sure on what the prices are yet), vs. 20-25 at the con. So if this does sound like something you'd be interested in, just saying... :p
  4. KidX

KidX

This sounds fun, but I live in Van. and I don't think my parents will really take me to Vic. just for a pokey tourney. Can't this just be done over shoddy?
  5. Comet

Comet

Can I be a Gym Leader?

EDIT: Fuck, I realized this is in Canada.
  6. EpicTurtle

EpicTurtle

Sweet I live in vic.. to bad I'm busy that day >.>

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)