Foresight accuracy bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
---
Froslass used Spikes.
Spikes were scattered around the foe's team!
Hitmontop used Foresight.
Hitmontop's attack missed!
The hail continues to fall.
Hitmontop is pelted by hail!
Hitmontop lost 6% of its health.
Hitmontop's leftovers restored its health a little!
Hitmontop restored 6% of its health.
---
Wherever I look foresight is a guaranteed to hit move

to quote the smogon page

Nullifies all positive evasion modifiers, both present and future, on the target. Foresight doesn't nullify the evasion increase of items or abilities. Foresight itself ignores all accuracy and evasion modifiers. Fighting- and Normal-type moves can hit Ghosts under the effect of Foresight.

the only web result I could find about Foresight in the context of Snow Cloak is this post, which states:

Team Rocket Elite said:
Unfortunately, Foresight does not stop Brightpowder, Sand Veil, or Snow Cloak Evade boosts so be careful of that.
he has a researcher badge and is most likely basing his assessment on in-game experience and/or game code rather than Shoddy Battle since that's the Battle Tower thread. perhaps Smogon's page should be updated but I don't want to do that before getting explicit confirmation from someone that this is how it works in Pt/HGSS.

Smogon said:
Nullifies all positive evasion modifiers, both present and future, on the target. Foresight doesn't nullify the evasion increase of items or abilities. Foresight itself ignores all accuracy and evasion modifiers. Fighting- and Normal-type moves can hit Ghosts under the effect of Foresight.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
'Accuracy and Evasion modifiers' refers to staged boosts resulting from the use of a move (Mud Slap, Double Team, etc). That is extremely vague though and will need to be changed.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. As we now know, it's not a bug, but the on-site description will be changed to reflect the correct mechanics. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)