1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Forest on Fire [-CAP RMT-]

Discussion in 'BW Other Teams' started by Eric x3 xD, Apr 28, 2013.

1. Eric x3 xD

Eric x3 xD

Forest on Fire

- A CAP RMT. -

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Importable:

Malaconda (F) @ Sitrus Berry
    Trait: Harvest
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
    Careful Nature
    - Substitute
    - Glare
    - Crunch
    - Power Whip

Ninetales @ Wide Lens
    Trait: Drought
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Fire Blast
    - SolarBeam
    - Nasty Plot
    - Hypnosis

Victini @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Victory Star
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature
    - Bolt Strike
    - U-turn
    - V-create
    - Brick Break

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
    Trait: Storm Drain
    Shiny: Yes
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
    Bold Nature
    - Recover
    - Toxic
    - Scald
    - Ice Beam

Volcarona (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Flame Body
    EVs: 204 Def / 252 HP / 52 Spd
    Bold Nature
    - Bug Buzz
    - Fiery Dance
    - Quiver Dance
    - Roost

Venusaur (M) @ Black Sludge
    Trait: Chlorophyll
    Modest Nature
    - Giga Drain
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Growth
    - Sleep Powder

My first RMT, well to start off, I have decided to do a RMT, and hope to get my team rated and criticized well enough to make it the best.
    To begin:​

Yes, my team is based on weather, Sunlight to be exact. It is mainly built around Malaconda, a newly released CAP Pokemon. My team is built to have bulk and some nice offense. Here we go with the individual descriptions.

Malaconda

[​IMG]

Malaconda (F) @ Sitrus Berry
    Trait: Harvest
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
    Careful Nature
    - Substitute
    - Glare
    - Crunch
    - Power Whip

Malaconda is the basis for my team. I chose it because it has a wonderful ability when used in sunlight. Harvest to be exact. I made this set on my own, so it is what I call a ParaSub set. With harvest I can replenish my my HP every turn, as long as sunlight is active, and this is where the ability comes into play, I can take any damage that I survive and replenish health and gain a new berry, which is why I have the sitrus berry. I ran a careful nature because it plays great with my subs, I am able to take a majority of hits with fail of sub breaking. I have crunch because of STAB and it deals approx. 20-40 percent on all types that have no weakness to Dark, Powerwhip because of STAB and it makes a great move and is great for some offense. Glare, to Paralyze my foe if they are faster, this works well on Latios, I can Paralyze it and Scarf is unusable and then I can crunch away.

Ninetales

[​IMG]

Ninetales @ Wide Lens
    Trait: Drought
    Timid Nature
    - Fire Blast
    - SolarBeam
    - Nasty Plot
    - Hypnosis

Ninetales, it is my main Pokemon because without it, all else fails. It starts my weather. I ran a Wide Lens so my hypnosis will hit, along with Victory Star, that is a x2.1 in accuracy, ensuring a good enough accuracy for the hit. And because of the accuracy gain, Fire Blast always hits. Solarbeam for weaknesses. Nasty Plot, for when I can get a quick boost.

Victini

[​IMG]

Victini @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Victory Star
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature
    - Bolt Strike
    - U-turn
    - V-create
    - Brick Break

Victini is mainly on the team for the fact it's ability is very useful and helps me run Hypnosis, Sleep Powder, etc. I ran a Choice Scarf to help me make a quick sweep with V-Create. Or just a simple U-Turn. Other than that it just makes a nice switch in for a sweep.

Gastrodon

[​IMG]

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
    Trait: Storm Drain
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
    Bold Nature
    - Recover
    - Toxic
    - Scald
    - Ice Beam

Gastrodon makes this team bulky by making a perfect switch in for Physical Attackers. It is bulky and counters a lot of my teams weaknesses such as Landorus. It is also perfect for when weather changes it can play well in Rain, Sand.

Volcarona

[​IMG]

Volcarona (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Flame Body
    EVs: 204 Def / 252 HP / 52 Spd
    Bold Nature
    - Bug Buzz
    - Fiery Dance
    - Quiver Dance
    - Roost

Volcarona was added due to the fact running a Bold Nature means I can take an lot of Physical attacks, hoping for a burn and surviving them while spamming Roost. It also makes a great special wall after +2 Quiver Dances. Volcarona also makes a great sweeper, even when bulky like this one.

Venusaur

[​IMG]

Venusaur (M) @ Black Sludge
    Trait: Chlorophyll
    Modest Nature
    - Giga Drain
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Growth
    - Sleep Powder

To top off the team, Venusaur was added. It makes a great Chlorophyll Sweeper and is my counter to Pokemon like Blissey and Gastrodon, which depend on special attacks and toxic, which are of very little damage to Venusaur. After a +2, which is obtained in one turn thanks to sunlight. Veunsaur can sweep after the +2. Black sludge for a little bit of extra recovery. HP Fire because it gets rid of steel types and other Grass types. Giga Drain because of STAB and if weather changes, I still have a nice STAB move to use. ​

Post below your suggestions. Thanks.

If you wish to use the following team, contact me and I will grant you permission. Otherwise, please rate. ​
  2. yoshinite

yoshinite

Hi! To me, Victini looks like just another Fire Type strewn across your team. I would instead run a Quiver Dance Aurumoth, which can add more diversity to your team, and also gives you more than one set-up sweeper. Here is the set I would recommend:
    Aurumoth @ Life Orb
    Trait: Illusion
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
    Modest Nature
    - Bug Buzz
    - Quiver Dance
    - Overheat
    - Psychic

Changes: Victini->Aurumoth
  3. Eric x3 xD

Eric x3 xD

Hmm, I'll give it a try, but for some reason, it says Aurumoth is banned? Hmm, well I'll try it soon. Would this set work well too?

Aurumoth @ Focus Sash
    Trait: No Guard
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
    Timid Nature
    - Quiver Dance
    - Bug Buzz
    - Hydro Pump
    - Focus Blast

Can it learn Thunder? Hmm, thanks by the way.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)