Forewarn

Status
Not open for further replies.
What difference would it make, you can otherwise use your other subs in order to take care of anything else and use the remaining sub for a damaging sub, I don't see what's so bad that you can't have it as just an extra sub, no more no less

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
I agree with Gerard on this one - The sub will already be quite easily abused for a lack of anything like "ONLY ONCE", or a "AND" for the non-damaging moves, so I don't see the harm in adding them apart from for flavour reasons, which I'm not overly bothered about.

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I agree that we don't have to strictly follow the ingame precedent for Substitution Forewarn, as it in itself is already unique to ASB. It would be fine if Substitution Forewarn just grants its users an extra Substitution to use when going first - even if we were to codify the format, there's bound to be loopholes that will either cause an argument that could be far easily avoided, or ultimately comes down to ref discretion.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Alright. Nothing else to do with this, time to wrap up this discussion.

The ASB Council will be voting on the slate I posted last page, IRV-Style, with the outcome being the new Forewarn (Or no change if the Current Forewarn is chosen).

The slate, for those who do not know, is this:
[BOX]Current Forewarn
[BOX]Forewarn:

Type: Innate

This Pokemon has the ability to sense the opponents super-effective, OHKO, and explosive attacks, and has a percentage (%) chance to evade equal to one (1) plus (+) double (×2) the move's base attack power. This percentage chance (%) is applied to the attacking move's base accuracy.

Pokemon with this ability: Drowzee, Hypno, Jynx, Smoochum, Munna, Musharna, Necturna.[/BOX]
Evasive Forewarn
[BOX]Forewarn:

This Pokemon has the ability to sense the opponents attacks, and tend to be more evasive in nature. When this Pokemon uses the Dodge command, the Evasion rate of Dodge is increased by a percentage (%) of one (1) plus (+) double (×2) the move's base attack power used by the opposing Pokemon targeting this Pokémon. This Pokemon's Dodge has no cap on maximum dodge rate. Evasive Agility, Evasive Teleport, and Dodge each cost three (3) less energy to use.

Pokemon with this ability: Drowzee, Hypno, Jynx, Smoochum, Munna, Musharna, Necturna.[/BOX]
Grazing Forewarn
[BOX]Forewarn:

This Pokemon has the ability to sense the opponents attacks, and tend to be more evasive in nature. When this Pokemon uses the Dodge command, Evasive Agility, or Evasive Teleport, if this Pokemon takes damage while using either command, then the final damage inflicted to this Pokemon is halved (×0.5).

Anticipation-Clone Forewarn
[BOX]Forewarn:

This Pokemon has the ability to sense the opponents super-effective, OHKO, and explosive attacks, and if hit by either move, then the BAP of that move is reduced by two (2).

Passive Forewarn
[BOX]Forewarn:

This Pokemon has the ability to sense the opponents super-effective attacks, and as such, is able to avoid the super effective move with the highest BAP in an opponent's movepool, and all combinations involving said move. If two or more super effective attacks have the same highest BAP, then all of them are used.

Substitution Forewarn
[BOX]Forewarn:

This Pokemon is more adept than usual at sensing and reacting to the opponent's attacks. As a result, it gets a bonus move substitution that must have a condition in the format "If Pokemon X uses move Y", with no further qualifiers or additional clauses allowed. This bonus substitution may go anywhere in the list of substitutions the pokemon makes, but it must be indicated with "Bonus" or "Bonus Sub" or something similar in front of the bonus substitution.

Pokemon with this ability: Drowzee, Hypno, Jynx, Smoochum, Munna, Musharna, Necturna.[/BOX][/BOX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)