XY NU Former Lickilicky team (New peak #24)

Welcome to my RMT! First and foremost this team was created by me wanting to use my favorite mon, Lickilicky! I'm well aware that he is not that great of a mon but I wanted to build a team where he could prosper. I have had decent success and I think I can make this team slighter better or gather different ideas to even make a new team designed around him! I am mainly a OU player but I been looking into NU lately. The team I tried before this was Queen of Luvdics stall team. I think I made top 50 before the ladder reset but it really wasn't my style of play although it was really good. I named this team after my favorite snacks. So lets get into the RMT. I laddered under the name Yung Wavy with this team.

Edit* Insert ghetto phone image of new rank

*If you are hungry don't scroll down

Chocolate Swirl (Spiritomb) @ Choice Band

Ability: Infiltrator

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def

Adamant Nature

- Pursuit

- Shadow Sneak

- Sucker Punch

- Trick

Man this set has got me out of so much trouble! I love it I use other mons to bait to the psychic and then I choice band pursuit them. Works all the time :) Ev spread is for tanking hits and then dealing out max damage. This set also works on non psychic types like. Cryogonal for example coming into spin. I can take him out and not worry about him for the rest of the game. That being said I think its better to make him more specially defensive so he can take moon blast and stray moves better. Also taking on scarfed Typhosion better would be nice. Tricking though subs is a godsend against opponents that keep setting up. As well as sucker punching though subs. This set is a little bit different but more people should try it out. Chocolate swirl mixes up the game until its in my favor. HE ALWAYS PUTS IN WORK.

Lil Debby (Vileplume) (F) @ Rocky Helmet

Ability: Effect Spore

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe

Bold Nature

- Sleep Powder

- Giga Drain

- Sludge Bomb

- Moonlight

Who dosent like Lil Debbie snacks? Lil Debbie was a late addition to the team. But I needed something that could handle non Crotomb and belly drum Slurpuff. The item I choose here is rocky helmet because I between moonlight and giga drain vile stays at a healthy amount of hp So I feel rocky helmet is great for discouraging people from constants attacks. Effective for the most part but most teams are prepared for this mon so you have to play her very careful. Having sleep is really nice for the thing I can't stop on the spot. Effect spore for ultimate lulz. Ev Spread is fairly standard.

Pound Cake (Gurdurr) (M) @ Eviolite

Ability: Guts

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def

Adamant Nature

- Bulk Up

- Drain Punch

- Knock Off

- Mach Punch

Pound cake beats up the opposition to crumbs. This thing is pretty self explanatory, He is so good in this tier and even with knockoff around, once he sets up it's game over. Another thing to point out about him is the source of priority he provides to the team making him not mind rocks to finish the kill.

He might be banned soon but who knows. He works well with Spritomb like I said earlier by baiting those psychics. But he almost so good to the point he doesn’t need synergy, but thats a different story. He will always be relevant as long as people still willow in his face haha.

Honey Smacks (Seismitoad) (M) @ Leftovers

Ability: Water Absorb

Shiny: Yes

EVs: 192 HP / 208 Atk / 108 SpA

- Stealth Rock

- Earthquake

- Scald

- Ice Punch

I really didn't like honey smacks (the food) until I got older and that is a similar case with this mon. I didn't want to use him at first but he is just so good. Great bulk and move pool and he is actually pretty fast. He is somewhat the glue to this team allowing me to take on Typholsion and pyroar much better. People really seem to be onto him tho. Grass knot Richu?? solar beam Crustle? HP grass Pyroar? I have to play him very smart and assume the worst. As far as move set earthquake for strong stab and a way to deal with poisons, scalds for stab and burn chance and ice punch is for the pesky birds that want to defog rocks away. Evs allow me to take 2 specs fire blast from Pyroar and deal heavy damage. I really like this set I grown to like good ol honey smacks.

Red Velvet (Slurpuff) (F) @ Sitrus Berry

Ability: Unburden

EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Modest Nature

- Calm Mind

- Dazzling Gleam

- Flamethrower

- Psychic

Red velvet has layers. The more you get to the center the sweeter it gets. I saw this set first on pokeaims youtube. Thought I would try it out and oh man is this thing powerful. After one calm mind not many things ohko her. Then you take the hit and get the unburden boost and tear though teams. The coverage on here is really nice too. Being able to hit fire types for neutral damage is wonderful. Another thing going for this set is that people might think is belly drum and save there steels for last to only get a flamethrower to the face. Modest for max damage. Overall a really good set and effective late game sweeper.

Lemon Square (Lickilicky) @ Leftovers

Ability: Oblivious

Shiny: Yes

EVs: 252 HP / 92 Atk / 108 Def / 44 SpD / 12 Spe

Calm Nature

- Wish

- Heal Bell

- Knock Off

- Power-Up Punch

The man himself! My favorite mon! Before you knock off this set (lol) consider what he can do. First let me break down the Ev's, usually for licky I do 252 hp then 128 in split defence but in this tier he comes in on special hits much better. So I made him a careful nature. 12 speed is there to make sure he always goes before other base 50's, which is very common in the nu tier. Now lets move onto the moveset. It looks like a support mon but its really a hidden set up sweeper. Wish is there to allude that I am no harm to the other team. Heal bell is really for licky but can also support the rest of the team. Knock off is great for hit and run. For example come in on a special attack.They will now bring in there fighting type, as this point you can knock off and go into plume are a better match up. When mid to late game arrives lickiy loves weak mon to get and easy PUP boost and hit things HARD for a plus 1 or 2 knock off. I don't care what mon you are you don't want to take that damage and lose your'e item. As far as unboosted moves Licky will only get ohkoed for anything but a strong close combat. Also with the new buff to his ability he can be taunted anymore which is wonderful.

Imagin this.. I bring in licky and the opponent brings in Weezing with out clearsmog. I have now achived plus 6 knock off. He can't willow be because I have heal bell. Sludge bomb will do next to nothing between wish and leafties recovery. By the time they figured out whats going on I’m plus 1 or 2 ready to disrupt what ever comes in next slow but I never said this set would be pretty haha. Some might consider it gimmicky but I like this set over in SD or full on wish pass set because I can play both sides of the fence with this particular set up.

Well today I bring you good but sad news. After considering the feedback I decided to add KlingKlang to my team and the results are scary. I more then doubled my score with this set. (I went to rank 84 to 24) Licky was really holding this team back but I'm glad I used him with mild success. So here it is....

Not Food (Klinklang) @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 128 HP / 216 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Shift Gear
- Gear Grind
- Wild Charge

Now that I wrote this I kind want to try it out again because I feel like it handles the meta fairly well. At the same time I want to put this to rest. I want to go back to OU for a while and see how this tier changes over time. Thank you for checking out my RMT and I'm looking forward to the feedback. Threat list is really hard to say because this is kinda bulky offense. But strong ground types and the fast fire types give my team a hard time. Also vileplume is a big issue. Cya!

Team looses badly to Xatu baton teams and sun teams. I'm good with NU for now, time to take on UU. Hopefull I have just as positive results!

Last edited:
Hi there! This is a pretty cool team, but it is insanely weak to flying type pokemon. Nothing on your team really wants to take stuff like Swellow Brave Bird or Archeops Acrobatics, which pretty much 2HKO your team off the bat. Your only real way to beat them are priority from Spiritomb and Gurdurr, but both are rather easy to wear down, and once they are gone you pretty much get swept. Outside of that, your lack of a revenge killer / switchin to opposing Slurpuff is a big worry, but overall it looks like a pretty solid team.

To be honest the weakest link in your team is frankly Lickilicky. It offers your team very little Utility, cannot effectively sweep due to its incredibly weak attacks and lack of a STAB [SubSD is infinitely better], and to be honest I feel that it hurts your team more than it helps. It opens holes for stuff like Slurpuff to setup [and at that point 6-0 your team], and with your set isn't the most effective cleric. Instead I would try Tank Probopass. Probopass offers your team a lot of things. To start, Probopass acts as an immediate check to Slurpuff, not being OHKOed by either variant by a long shot even after setup. Secondly, it easily disposes of just about every one of the tier's flying types with little hassle, and acts as a great bulky attacker as well as slow pivot in order to gain momentum on the shit it forces out.

Minor Changes:
Vileplume: Rocky Helmet is honestly a bad item, as your lack of recovery often puts you in bad positions and often puts more pressure on your Plume than needed. Black Sludge is far more ideal, especially since your team relies on it to check random crap like SD Gatr, and need it to constantly be at as much health as possible.
Seismitoad: I would just run 200 HP / 252 Def / 56 SDef Relaxed, since Seismitoad really needs to bulk to check a lot of the shit it needs to such as Klinklang for your team, and the extra offenses don't get it any notable KOs that it wouldn't already have. The significant bulk increase on both sides makes it a far more reliable tank however, and allows you to setup Rocks more consistently. I would also use Knock Off > Ice Punch, because it can hlep you beat stuff like Cryogonal and deter them from switching in.

Hope this helped!

Probopass @ Leftovers
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 160 HP / 252 SpA / 96 Spe
Modest Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power / Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave / Power Gem

goddamnit, i want some star crunches.... Loving this set. Haven't ventured into NU yet, but now I'm considering it after seeing all these fun sets.

Thank you for the rate Brawlfest I will surely consider these changes. Getting rid of licky would defeat the purpose of this team lol. I would rather change the team around him then get rid of him. At the same time I feel like this set is better the SD because of the multiple reasons I stated above. This set can play both sides on the fence. The SD version gets walled by too many things atleast this one can annoy and come back later.

I will try out those EV spreads on the seismitoad but I truely think ice punch is better for me team to beat the very birds you a said I have a problem with. Ice punch + eq keeps them honest and I can always go for the burn.

Cryo is not an issue for my team as spiritomb kills it every time it comes in.

Black sludge is another thing I'll try I think that will help with opposing vile match ups.

You should really use my set I think it will change you're mind

But once again thank you for giving me new ideas to test, it's just what I needed!

Hi Zori, cool team Im getting hungrier just looking at it! Im echoing what Brawlfest said about a lack of a flying types switch in as well as licky being the weakest link on your team. Your set just tries to accomplish too many roles at once that it ends up falling short at doing so. One thing that I noticed is that CM slurpuff can come in on Licky or Gurdurr and if it gets up to +2 it 6-0s your entire team. You can go with brawls suggestion of probopass, or I suggest going with Sub SG Klinklang as it provides another viable win condition as well as providing a soft check to slurpuff. Ill be more specific once I get home and off my phone >.> Cool team!

Edit: Ok so the reason that I suggested Sub + Shift Gear Klinklang is that it gives you a switch-in to flying type moves and has great offensive synergy with Gurdurr. Gurdurr can come in and threaten the bulky steel types that Klinklang hates to deal with, while Klinklang can practically come in for free on the poison and fairy types that stop Gurdurr.

KlinklangXY.gif

Klinklang @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 100 HP / 252 Atk / 156 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Shift Gear
- Gear Grind
- Frustration

Last edited:

soulgazer

I FEEL INFINITE
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Hey Zori, cool team!

I strongly agree with Brawlfest's rate, especially the Seismitoad's EV spread as it will greatly benefit your team. While I can see that you would want to keep the Lickilicky, I think that Audino simply fits your team better since you do not have any entry hazard control, which Lickilicky needs to function at its fullest. Audino doesn't mind entry hazards thanks to Regenerator, and also has access to Wish + Protect to heal up your team :)

Audino @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off / Double-Edge
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell / Encore

The choice between Knock Off vs Double-Edge and Heal Bell vs Encore is up to you as I think they all fit for your team. I also forgot to say another bonus of Regenerator: Audino won't need to Wish + Protect to heal itself as it will gain 33% of its health back every time that it will switch in and out, giving you an amazing pivot. This will also make it easier for you to heal up your team quickly.

Finally, I am going to suggest you to try out a different Slurpuff set to give more Support to Gurdurr: Belly Drum + SubEndeavor.

Slurpuff @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Substitute
- Endeavor
- Belly Drum

I am suggesting this because it beats Physical Walls / Poison-types more easily than the CM set: Any physically defensive Pokemon will be forced out when they find out your Slurpuff is the Calm Mind set. Meanwhile, the SubEndeavor set is less expected and will let Slurpuff lure Poison-types such as Weezing, Garbodor, Vileplume, and Muk for Gurdurr, giving it an easier time to sweep your opponent :)

Hope I helped!

Last edited:
Thank you Brawlfest and soulgazer for the advice! Also Can for the awesome klingklang suggestion! I put in the main body why my score jumped up higher.

Hey dude, interesting team you have here. Your team as of right now has serious issues with Fire types in the tier (mainly Specs Typhlosion and Pyroar) so I'm going to suggest a change that could give you an easier time dealing with them. I think Defensive Rhydon over Seismitoad fits your team extremely well, having extremely good synergy with Vileplume and giving you a solid answer to those Fire types I mentioned as well as giving you a solid to answer to many common Flying types in the tier. Also you can change your Slurpuff spread to 24 Hp / 252 SpA / Spe or 252 Atk depending on whether you go Physical or Special, Max Speed on Slurpuff doesn't outspeed anything relevant and you might as well have a little extra bulk :].

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 244 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Roar

I'm also going to agree with the Slurpuff set change and the Probopass set that was suggested by Brawlfest, I hope I was able to help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)