UU Forretress (Custap Lead)

Kreme

You might be right but you're not correct.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
QC: IronBullet93 / dingbat / dodmen
GP: SM979 /

Skeleton taken from Freeroamer

Custap
########
name: Custap
move 1: Stealth Rock
move 2: Explosion
move 3: Spikes / Toxic Spikes
move 4: Rapid Spin / Gyro Ball
ability: Sturdy
item: Custap Berry
evs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
ivs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpD
nature: Hasty / Lonely

Moves
========

Stealth Rock is a great entry hazard that damages all types of Pokemon. Explosion allows Forretress to get off a lot of damage on foes as well as prevent slower Pokemon from using Rapid Spin or Defog that turn, and it works well in conjunction with Custap Berry. Spikes is another amazing entry hazard that damages grounded foes and works great for wearing down walls, as it doesn't account for typing, unlike Stealth Rock. Toxic Spikes can also be used to wear down walls, as they don't appreciate being poisoned upon switching in. Rapid Spin allows Forretress to remove entry hazards for its teammates. On the other hand, Gyro Ball allows Forretress to beat quicker suicide leads, such as Azelf and Aerodactyl.

Set Details
========

Maximum Attack EVs allow Forretress to hit as hard as possible with Explosion and Gyro Ball, while maximum Speed EVs allow Hasty Forretress to outspeed everything up to uninvested Blastoise and everything up to uninvested base 65 Speed Pokemon with a Lonely nature. While a Hasty nature does allow Forretress to hit a more significant Speed benchmark, a Lonely nature allows Forretress to hit harder with Explosion and Gyro Ball. Both natures are used with minimum HP, Defense, and Special Defense IVs to ensure Forretress gets knocked down to Sturdy or Custap Berry range as easily as possible. Custap Berry is used as the item to allow Forretress to outspeed foes using moves in the same priority bracket and either hit them with a powerful Explosion or Gyro Ball, set an entry hazard, or use Rapid Spin to remove opposing entry hazards for its teammates before Forretress is KOed.

Usage Tips
========

This set should be used as a suicide lead on offensive teams most of the time, as it is able to set entry hazards, prevent their removal, and explode to bring it in its teammates safely. Should a potential Rapid Spin or Defog user attempt to remove entry hazards against Forretress, keep setting entry hazards until Forretress is knocked into range of Custap Berry and proceed to use Explosion to ensure the preservation of any hazards Forretress has previously set.

Team Options
========

Offensive Pokemon, such as Lucario, Infernape, and Entei, capitalize on Forretress's ability to successfully set up entry hazards which weaken their checks and counters, making them good teammates. Mega Aerodactyl is a particularly good teammate to Forretress, as it is able to threaten every Defog user in the tier. Ghost-types, such as Doublade and Chandelure, also make for good teammates, as they are immune to Rapid Spin.

Other Options
=========

A bulkier EV spread of 252 Atk / 252 Def along with 0 Special Defense IVs can be used on the Custap set to ensure Forretress takes on physical attackers well while still easily getting put into Custap Berry range.

Last edited:

Kreme

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I've gone ahead and implemented the changes suggested by dodmen in the original thread.

Sam

i say it's all just wind in sails
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
hello

it appears you are lacking Other Options which is a necessary component of the analysis

take volt switch out of the main slashes...I see very little reason to use it as there's very few matchups where it actually works

in other options have a spread that is: 252 def 252 adamant / lax 0 SpD IVs. This set will get you in to custap range from special attackers but still allows you to take on physical attackers and get more hazards against them

Kreme

hello

it appears you are lacking Other Options which is a necessary component of the analysis

take volt switch out of the main slashes...I see very little reason to use it as there's very few matchups where it actually works

in other options have a spread that is: 252 def 252 adamant / lax 0 SpD IVs. This set will get you in to custap range from special attackers but still allows you to take on physical attackers and get more hazards against them
Oh, I thought that this was more of an addition to an analysis therefore not having OO whatsoever. Will implement the change.

Edit: OK done

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
The part where you mention SD Lucario and Infernape in Team Options should really be expanded to offensive mons in general as they all appreciate having their checks weakened by hazards. Also mention that this Forry makes a good option in particular for very offensive teams as it can get up hazards very quickly and explode once its job its done to get sweepers in safely.

QC 1/3

Kreme

The part where you mention SD Lucario and Infernape in Team Options should really be expanded to offensive mons in general as they all appreciate having their checks weakened by hazards. Also mention that this Forry makes a good option in particular for very offensive teams as it can get up hazards very quickly and explode once its job its done to get sweepers in safely.

QC 1/3
OK I believe I've implemented all of these, thanks for the check.

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
"Offensive Pokemon capitalize on Forretress's ability to be an effective suicide lead, making them good partners." This doesn't mention that they appreciate having their counters weakened by Spikes + SR. I mean I know it's sort of a given but it should be stated anyway.

Also don't remove the SD Lucario and Infernape mentions, they are good examples. Start it off as "Offensive Pokemon such as SD Lucario and Infernape capitalize on ..."

Kreme

"Offensive Pokemon capitalize on Forretress's ability to be an effective suicide lead, making them good partners." This doesn't mention that they appreciate having their counters weakened by Spikes + SR. I mean I know it's sort of a given but it should be stated anyway.

Also don't remove the SD Lucario and Infernape mentions, they are good examples. Start it off as "Offensive Pokemon such as SD Lucario and Infernape capitalize on ..."
My mistake, should be fixed now.

SM979

dank memes
is a Contributor Alumnus
i think you know my colors
Custap
########

Moves
========

Stealth Rock is a great entry hazard that damages all types of Pokemon. (well... Magic Guard users are a thing.) Explosion allows Forretress to get off a lot of damage on foes as well as preventing slower Pokemon from using Rapid Spin or Defog when it explodes, and works well in conjunction with Custap Berry. Spikes are another amazing entry hazard that damages grounded foes and works great for wearing down walls, (AC) as it doesn't account for typing, unlike Stealth Rock. Toxic Spikes can also be used to wear down walls, (AC) as they don't appreciate being poisoned upon switching in. Rapid Spin allows Forretress to remove entry hazards for its teammates. On the other hand, Gyro Ball allows Forretress to beat quicker suicide leads, such as Azelf and Aerodactyl.

Set Details
========

Maximum Attack EVs allow Forretress to hit as hard as possible with Explosion and Gyro Ball, while maximum Speed EVs allow Hasty Forretress to outspeed everything up to minimum Speed uninvested (minimum Speed indicates a Speed-hindering nature and 0 Speed IVs) Blastoise with a Hasty nature and everything up to minimum uninvested base 65 Speed Pokemon with a Lonely nature. While a Hasty nature does allow Forretress to hit a more significant Speed benchmark, a Lonely nature allows Forretress to hit harder with Explosion and Gyro Ball. Both natures are used with minimum HP, (AC) Defense, (AC) and Special Defense IVs to ensure Forretress gets knocked down to Sturdy or Custap Berry range as easily as possible. Custap Berry is used as the item to allow Forretress to outspeed foes using moves in the same priority bracket and either hit them with a powerful Explosion or Gyro Ball, set an entry hazard, or use Rapid Spin to remove opposing entry hazards for its teammates before Forretress is KOed.

Usage Tips
========

This set should be used as a suicide lead on offensive teams most of the time, as it is able to set entry hazards, prevent their removal, (AC) and explode to bring it in its teammates safely. Should a potential Rapid Spin or Defog user attempt to remove entry hazards against Forretress, keep setting entry hazards until Forretress is knocked into range of Custap Berry and proceed to use Explosion to ensure the preservation of any hazards Forretress has previously set.

Team Options
========

Offensive Pokemon, such as Lucario, Infernape, (AC) and Entei, capitalize on Forretress's ability to successfully set up entry hazards which weaken their checks and counters, making them good teammates. Mega Aerodactyl is a particularly good teammate to Forretress, as it is able to threaten every Defog user in the tier. Ghost-types, such as Doublade and Chandelure, also make for good teammates, as they are immune to Rapid Spin.

Other Options
=========

A bulkier EV spread of 252 Atk / 252 Def along with 0 Special Defense IVs can be used on the Custap set to ensure Forretress takes on physical attackers well while still easily getting put into Custap Berry range.
GP 1/2

ask me if you have any questions on my changes. :)

Last edited:

Kreme

i think you know my colors
Custap
########

Moves
========

Stealth Rock is a great entry hazard that damages all types of Pokemon. (well... Magic Guard users are a thing.) Explosion allows Forretress to get off a lot of damage on foes as well as preventing slower Pokemon from using Rapid Spin or Defog when it explodes, and works well in conjunction with Custap Berry. Spikes are another amazing entry hazard that damages grounded foes and works great for wearing down walls, (AC) as it doesn't account for typing, unlike Stealth Rock. Toxic Spikes can also be used to wear down walls, (AC) as they don't appreciate being poisoned upon switching in. Rapid Spin allows Forretress to remove entry hazards for its teammates. On the other hand, Gyro Ball allows Forretress to beat quicker suicide leads, such as Azelf and Aerodactyl.

Set Details
========

Maximum Attack EVs allow Forretress to hit as hard as possible with Explosion and Gyro Ball, while maximum Speed EVs allow Hasty Forretress to outspeed everything up to minimum Speed uninvested (minimum Speed indicates a Speed-hindering nature and 0 Speed IVs) Blastoise with a Hasty nature and everything up to minimum uninvested base 65 Speed Pokemon with a Lonely nature. While a Hasty nature does allow Forretress to hit a more significant Speed benchmark, a Lonely nature allows Forretress to hit harder with Explosion and Gyro Ball. Both natures are used with minimum HP, (AC) Defense, (AC) and Special Defense IVs to ensure Forretress gets knocked down to Sturdy or Custap Berry range as easily as possible. Custap Berry is used as the item to allow Forretress to outspeed foes using moves in the same priority bracket and either hit them with a powerful Explosion or Gyro Ball, set an entry hazard, or use Rapid Spin to remove opposing entry hazards for its teammates before Forretress is KOed.

Usage Tips
========

This set should be used as a suicide lead on offensive teams most of the time, as it is able to set entry hazards, prevent their removal, (AC) and explode to bring it in its teammates safely. Should a potential Rapid Spin or Defog user attempt to remove entry hazards against Forretress, keep setting entry hazards until Forretress is knocked into range of Custap Berry and proceed to use Explosion to ensure the preservation of any hazards Forretress has previously set.

Team Options
========

Offensive Pokemon, such as Lucario, Infernape, (AC) and Entei, capitalize on Forretress's ability to successfully set up entry hazards which weaken their checks and counters, making them good teammates. Mega Aerodactyl is a particularly good teammate to Forretress, as it is able to threaten every Defog user in the tier. Ghost-types, such as Doublade and Chandelure, also make for good teammates, as they are immune to Rapid Spin.

Other Options
=========

GP 1/2

ask me if you have any questions on my changes. :)
Thanks for the check. Tbh Magic Guard did cross my mind but I remember having to cancel out a similar thing in a previous analysis so I decided not to mention it.

P Squared

a great unrecorded history
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
GP 2/2 ^_^
add remove comment
Custap
########

Moves
========

Stealth Rock is a great entry hazard that damages all types of Pokemon. Explosion allows Forretress to get off a lot of damage on foes as well as preventing slower Pokemon from using Rapid Spin or Defog that turn when it explodes, and it (explanation: had to add this "it" because of the comma, but there was another "it" before the comma that referred to something else, so I had to remove one of them to reduce ambiguity) works well in conjunction with Custap Berry. Spikes are is another amazing entry hazard that damages grounded foes and works great for wearing down walls, as it doesn't account for typing, unlike Stealth Rock. Toxic Spikes can also be used to wear down walls, as they don't appreciate being poisoned upon switching in. Rapid Spin allows Forretress to remove entry hazards for its teammates. On the other hand, Gyro Ball allows Forretress to beat quicker suicide leads, such as Azelf and Aerodactyl.

Set Details
========

Maximum Attack EVs allow Forretress to hit as hard as possible with Explosion and Gyro Ball, while maximum Speed EVs allow Hasty Forretress to outspeed everything up to uninvested Speed Blastoise and everything up to uninvested base 65 Speed Pokemon with a Lonely nature. While a Hasty nature does allow Forretress to hit a more significant Speed benchmark, a Lonely nature allows Forretress to hit harder with Explosion and Gyro Ball. Both natures are used with minimum HP, Defense, and Special Defense IVs to ensure Forretress gets knocked down to Sturdy or Custap Berry range as easily as possible. Custap Berry is used as the item to allow Forretress to outspeed foes using moves in the same priority bracket and either hit them with a powerful Explosion or Gyro Ball, set an entry hazard, or use Rapid Spin to remove opposing entry hazards for its teammates before Forretress is KOed.

Usage Tips
========

This set should be used as a suicide lead on offensive teams most of the time, as it is able to set entry hazards, prevent their removal, and explode to bring it in its teammates safely. Should a potential Rapid Spin or Defog user attempt to remove entry hazards against Forretress, keep setting entry hazards until Forretress is knocked into range of Custap Berry and proceed to use Explosion to ensure the preservation of any hazards Forretress has previously set.

Team Options
========

Offensive Pokemon, such as Lucario, Infernape, and Entei, capitalize on Forretress's ability to successfully set up entry hazards which weaken their checks and counters, making them good teammates. Mega Aerodactyl is a particularly good teammate to Forretress, as it is able to threaten every Defog user in the tier. Ghost-types, such as Doublade and Chandelure, also make for good teammates, as they are immune to Rapid Spin.

Other Options
=========

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)