1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Forum Moderation

Discussion in 'Moderator Discussion' started by Justin8649, Apr 15, 2007.

1. Justin8649

Justin8649
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Since a lot of our regular moderators are now Super Moderators, we have a bunch of forums with only 1 or 0 regular moderators. So if you guys want to split up what forums you watch over the most that would probably be a good idea. I'm sure it is a pain to have to look over every single forum. I expect everybody to pay attention to UT though. Maybe a few of you could keep a close eye on the remaining pokemon forums, and then a few could watch the socialization in the empire section, and then a few others could be in charge of the netbattle/suggestions section. So yeah, you guys can discuss what forums you want to be "in charge" of here so that we know every forum is being moderated.
  2. Mekkah

Mekkah
    is a Super Moderatoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
    Super Moderator

Usually I have enough time to watch over every single forum, though most of my time goes to the Pokemon ones. NetBattle/Competitor shouldn't be much work besides the occasional JUMPMAN BANED ME FROM POKEMON NETBATLE PLOEASE.
  3. DM

DM Ce soir, on va danser.
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnus

Socialization is my mainstay, it's my bread and butter of Smogon. But the reason I asked for super mods is to help out in UT (or anywhere else it's needed, for that matter), so I want everyone to know that if there's some moderating that needs to be done in a pokemon forum but you can't get to it, let me know and I'll take care of it. I'll also be popping my head in those forums a little bit, but being as I am unfamiliar with them I won't do any outright moderating without some prompting.
  4. Hipmonlee

Hipmonlee Have a rice day
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

I dont really care much, I am pretty much focusing on UT, I guess it wouldnt kill me to check the one post a month in Indigo Plateau..

Have a nice day.
  5. Articuno64

Articuno64 1 to 63 were taken
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

I keep a pretty close watch over the Netbattle/Competitor forum, in particular.
  6. Steelicks

Steelicks Come here and Battle me!
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

i drift around socialization and the UT forum mostly
  7. Carl

Carl or Varl
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

same but add in advance.
  8. Aeolus

Aeolus Bag
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

I spend the most time in Congregation, UT, advance, and tournaments. I'm also a nazi in NB/Competitor.

I'll, of course, maintain sole responsibility of the tutoring forum as well; step off that one niggers.

p.s. way to leave a nasty redirect in my pristine forum, Carl!
  9. Hazerider

Hazerider

I read Socialization etc and NB/Competitor the most. I rarely read UT because I don't know jack shit about DP but I guess I can check it out every once in a while.
  10. Jumpman16

Jumpman16 np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
    is a Smogon IRC SOPis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

all over ut and the other pokemon forums as usual
  11. DM

DM Ce soir, on va danser.
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnus

Just fyi, I popped in to #smogon briefly last night and let whoever was there know, but right now I'm posting real quick from work to say that this weekend is my fraternity alumni weekend. I will be going on a bender starting the second I get out of work at about ten after five, and I will probably not have any free time (or be sober enough) to check the forums or even drop in on the chat. Keep an eye on my forums for me, smack some stupid heads around in Firebot in my honor, I'll be back sometime Sunday evening after I detox.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)