Other Forum Witty: Underdogs. Scrake wins ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Alright all you scallywags you knew it was coming. We're here let's go (▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿)

Here are the rules that I totally wrote:
Rules/gameflow:

1. When you sign up, privately send me any sort of writing prompt, or anything that could inspire a piece of writing. Links and pictures are allowed. Just obey the forum rules and common sense.

2. Once the game starts, I will post one of the submitted prompts. Each player is to write a story inspired by the prompt within 48 hours and privately send it to me.

3. Once the 48 hours have passed or all stories have been sent in, I will post each story without mentioning who wrote it. Each player is expected to vote for a story other than their own. Once each player has, or 48 hours have passed, the writers of each story and the votes are revealed. Players that did not vote receive -2 points instead of any they would otherwise have received. Each player receives an amount of points equal to the amount of votes received, and the player with the most votes receives an additional amount of points equal to the difference between the amount of votes they received and the amount of votes received by the second highest scorer. This means no bonus points are awarded in case of a tied first place.

4. The next prompt is posted and the process repeats until each prompt has been played.

5. The player with the most points at the end is the winner.

Remember that both stories and votes should be PMed to me[EMPOOF] instead of posted directly into the thread!

Players and spectators alike are welcome in the thread to discuss prompts and stories.
Here's that young Player List
Scrake - 4 points
shubaka17 - 4 points
Flyhn - 2 points
pancake - 2 points
Maleovex - 1 point
tropiusisbae
Whydon
Aubisio
GoodMorningEspeon

And the JUICY first prompt that I spoiled for the contestents about a day ago:

^yes that's the full prompt. Hold your applause.

Fancy deadline image BAM!
Current Deadline is Sunday at 11 pm PST

(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง GOOD LUCK, FAM (ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

Last edited:
I currently have over half of the submissions. I had under half at 6/1 so thanks fam -_- was tryna make a quick $100

30 mins to go! It may take me some time to build the post js, but deadline is still deadline ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Alright I got caught up reading mafia games and finishing this weeks math homework.

Deadline

There's a chance I legit pass out while putting these writing pieces up (100% serious, long day) so if you haven't submitted send me your story about drowzee and I'll sneak it in.

I have around the amount of submissions I was expecting rofl

I probably shouldn't do this lying in bed but I don't wanna move my cat...

THEY SAID IT COULDN'T BE DONE

"Psyyiiyyyiyyyyyy," cried Psyduck, waking from her sleep. "PSYduck Psyhyyyyyy."
The pain was unbearable. If Arceus itself came down from the heavens and dealt Judgement on Psyduck, the pain couldn't be worse than this.

Thankfully, Psyduck was encapsulated in her pokeball, and so Misty didn't have to deal with the incessant whining. By Psyduck Time, it was about half past Suffering, meaning this spike in pain shouldn't have come for another three hours. However, headaches wait for nobody. Just ask Abra-ham Lincoln. What a shame that the 18th president of the USA (Uncle Sam Asskissers) got whacked by John Walrein Pumpkabooth.

As Psyduck flailed around, searching for some position comfortable to ride out this wave of pain, another wave swept over her. This one was slightly less metaphorical, and dragged Psyduck into the metaphysical Pokeball sea, only distressing her more.

It's a common misconception that only water types can swim. First off, have you ever seen something more majestic than a Surfing Rhyhorn? Secondly, you can barely call a Pellipper a swimmer. All they do is fly above the water! They land on the shore, and they ride air currents across the sea. That's not swimming, it's not even flying! It's falling with style! Finally, there comes the problem of Psyduck.

See, the ocean causes her headaches to come more frequently. Splashing around keeps her from drowning in the very breathable water, but only aggravates the murderous beating on her skull.

Waves beat around as the wind whipped up and up, whistling louder than a locomotive. The physical deluge only worsened her mental pain, as her body became beaten, battered, and belabored.

"PSYHYYYYYYYY DUUUUUUUUUCK!" Screaming worse than a Loudred, Psyduck felt a certain Doom Desire, but seemed to have self targeted by accident.

There was no way out, Psyduck finally realized. She had to get out of the ocean, had to get rid of this headache, had to Recover. Nothing could solve all of these problems, it was hopeless. So on she flailed, on she cried. Finally, her dream was realized, with a flash and crash. "PSYDUCK!" squealed Misty, woken up by her pokeball opening on its own.

But Psyduck didn't care. She had been through hell and back. She would take this respite as if - aw hell the headache is back

A brilliant Psyduck focused his mind
Atop a grand old mountain
In his mind he pictured thick pine trees
And bright, proud flowers
Through years of practice
He learned how to maintain his powers
With a final agonizing effort
Dust, sticks, and stones rose around him

His mind seized and strifed
He was no longer at ease
The echoing cry of a Spearow
And a fellow of Dodrios
Tore through the rocky enclave
His mind could take no more
The face of his long forgotten trainer flashed through his mind
A tear ran down his tense face
The solid rock of the enclave began to shake,
But the Psyduck could not move
He was trapped in rumination
A prisoner of his mind

Those on the ground
Could hear a crash from miles around
They looked up
And saw sticks, rocks and dust high in the air
The mountaintop was flattened and depressed
Pidgeys fled high into the air
Their calls caught all ears
Many gathered to watch in fear
Theories, rumours were expressed
But the truth remains unknown
Everyone knows of the event
Nobody knows the struggle Psyduck bared

A duck stumbled clumsily through the forest. The pond couldn't be far now, could it? The aquatic bird’s feet ached as it waddled slowly toward where it remembered the water was, blue now visible ahead. There it was! He broke into the closest thing to a sprint he could, hastily scrambling to the water. He jumps in, driving under briefly to maybe catch some food in celebration.

After snapping up a small fish, he swam back up to the surface, bobbing on the water for a while. The rest of the ducks were on the other side of the lake, ducklings splashing about playfully, the older ducks just casually floating about.

He kicked his way over to the others, making a loud quack to grab their attention. They just stare blankly at him, uninterested, before returning to what they had previously been doing. He joins them, floating behind the others, but they refuse to acknowledge his return, almost as if he didn't exist. Maybe this was a hint at why he was suddenly separated from them. Did they not want him? What did he do to make them feel this way?

He pondered this, before reaching the conclusion that ducks are selfish creatures. Even him, he expected everyone to drop what they were doing and throw a duck party upon his return. How stupid of him, ducks don't have large enough brains to even understand concepts such as friendship or love. Wait, what were those things again? He didn't even seem to remember. Maybe he was mad. Or maybe the other ducks pondered this occasionally. Heck, maybe they were right now. Just floating and thinking about what it all means....

It was a simple day in a simple world. The history was simple, and the current state of the world was simple. The names of the people were simple (like Bob, Kevin or Stewart) and everybody liked simple things. All questions were simple, and they all had simple answers. It truly was a simple world.

There were Pokémon in this world but they were all simple, seriously though they were all simple (it was their ability). All the things that made Pokémon not simple, like it’s creation mythology, were simply not there, or if they were, simply were some simple. Psyduck, who we all know has a constant headache for some reason that was never simply explained, but will be explained in this story, simply did not have his signature headache. He also had no psychic powers. This is the story of a Psyduck who had the simple of duckie

Duckie lived a simple life, and had a small group of fellow psyducks as his friends. Duckie was happy, or at least he would be except for one problem, he wasn’t duckie he wasn’t as simple as his friends, and this simply made duckie confused. After contemplating this problem for a few weeks Duckie came up with a simple solution, he would go see Jirachi.

The path to Jirachi’s cave was a long one from where Duckie lived, but a simple path to follow. It took Duckie 2 days to get there, and then another day to navigate his way through the cave. Why did it take a day? Because the cave was not simple like the rest of the world to discourage people from pestering Jirachi. Being less simple like no one ever was made it possible for Duckie to navigate this cave and finally meet Jirachi.

Despite being less simple than everyone else in this world, Duckie’s wish was still a simple one, for the world to be less simple. When Jirachi tried to warn him of the consequences, Duckie ignored him saying “I want to live in a world that is less simple”. Sighing Jirachi granted his wish, transporting Duckie to the world of the Pokémon anime, his headache in that world is caused by not being able to comprehend all the not simple stuff, and his psychic powers are Jirachi wish residue. We don’t know why he can only use it when his headache is really bad however.

It was just there one day. The white bottle, devoid of any label, was sitting on the sandbar by the glistening lake. The lake was surrounded by trees, a sea of green just outside the sea of blue. Such isolation was pleasant for the creatures that found their home here. There was a masquerade of broken shells and pieces of glass scattered about the shoreline, and sunlight reflected off the top of the water.

This was the home of the Psyduck colony. They liked it here.

This makes sense. There is a lot to like about being a Psyduck. They live a carefree life beside the lake. The one thing that is not to like about being a Psyduck is the headaches.

Ugh... the headaches. The headaches are terrible; they are an earthquake, or perhaps a thunderstorm, in its brain. There's nothing that the Psyducks can do to stop the headaches, either. Nothing.

And the bottle was still there, even when the Psyducks had headaches, and even when the sun wasn't out and the lake wasn't glistening and the world was asleep.

On that day, one Psyduck was having a particularly bad headache. The Psyduck tried all of its usual coping me, like spinning around aimlessly for a prolonged period of time. Nothing worked, though. Nothing. So when that Psyduck came across that white bottle, he sure was curious to see what was inside. "It could help me," he thought. "This could be the secret way to stop my headaches!"

He struggled to pry open the bottle's tightly secured lid with his flippers. You could smell his determination from miles away; he was going to get this bottle open. And when he finally did, the contents of the bottle spilled out- about thirty pearly white pills.

The Psyduck had always been taught to never do drugs. But he was desperate. And with that, he popped one of the pills into his mouth.

Suddenly, his headache vanished. He'd found it! The magical cure for the headaches was here! Where had these been all of these years!

He better take a bunch. And give them to his buddies too.

By the time the Psyducks were done with the headache pills, there were none left.

The next day, a white bottle with a blue label was found on that same sandbar. It said Oxycodone, but there were no pills left. Sitting next to the bottle, there were five dead Psyducks, still warm.

At least their death was painless.

BUT WE GOT HALF FAM (╯°□°)╯︵ ʎʇǝᴉɔos

Honestly this is hilarious and I'm already glad I did this lol

Send me your votes privately!!

Deadline for votes, since I know we'll need it ಠ_ಠ

I'll highlight everyone tomorrow, happy reading :^)

Last edited:
Somehow all the pagebreak in submission one didn't make it in (don't ask me how, they were there when I read it).

That formatting is fix'd to what I believe was the intended submission.

WOW I got everyone's vote/response before deadline!

Guys I'm actually so proud

Submission 1: shubaka17 - Flyhn, Maleovex - 2 votes
Submission 2: Scrake - 0 votes
Submission 3: Flyhn - pancake, Whydon - 2 votes
Submission 4: Simple tropiusisbae - Scrake - 1 vote
Submission 5: pancake - shubaka17, tropiusisbae - 2 votes

This is officially a close race! 2 points for shubaka17, Flyhn, and pancake; 1 point for tropiusisbae. I'll be editing this into the OG post

here are the Masstags™ that aren't above
Maleovex
Whydon
We do have to say goodbye to GoodMorningEspeon, sometimes life gets busy. Peace out, fam.

Next prompt:

What's the REAL reason the chicken crossed the road?

Deadline is Tuesday 10pm PST

Shout outs to Scrake for having my favorite submission and no votes - that's how you know it's a lit game.

EDIT: Oh yeah, also shout outs to Aubisio for the Psyduck prompt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)