Fraxure Mono-Attacker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so talked in IRC and I got permission to post this set that I've had great success on the ladder with. tbh, my favorite set in the tier right now.

QC: 1: Ice-eyes
GP: 0

[SET]
name: Mono-Attacking Booster
move 1: Dragon Dance
move 2: Dragon Claw
move 3: Substitute
move 4: Taunt / Swords Dance
item: Eviolite
ability: Mold Breaker
nature: Adamant
evs: 16 HP / 252 Att / 240 Spe

- Aims to get more than one boost before sweeping.
- Sacrifices immediate power for more boosts.
- With Sub, can set up on alot of top tier physically defensive threats.
- Try to come in on a non attacking move of a wall, set up a sub and start getting boosts.
- Taunt is more useful in most matches as it stops phazers from stopping your sweep as well as all around team support.
- Swords Dance works well with Dragon Dance against teams without alot of speed as +3 attack, +1 Speed is more useful than +2,+2 if you don't need the extra speed.

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

- Speed EVs let you outspeed things that aim to outspeed Gorebyss, which is actually a surprising number of threats.
- Sets up on prominent physical walls including but not limited to some Weezing, Alomomola, some Tangela, some Quagsire. (Will include calcs to show sub staying up.)
- Has a great deal of trouble with walls that can hit him neutrally such as the common rock types. Also can barely touch the few steels left in the tier. Also Missy.
- Works well with physical attackers that can break the walls he has difficulty with. Gurdurr, Sub Tauros and Absol are the best partners.

JockeMS

formerly SuperJOCKE
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Mono-Attacker is like the standard set name for these kind of sets. You should change the name to that. One exmaple is RestTalk + Curse Regirock who only uses Rock Slide, ie. Mono-Attacker.

Ice-eyes

Simper Fi
Outspeeding 'things that aim to outspeed Gorebyss' sounds like speed creep to me. Aim for beating max Spe Timid Gorebyss and leave it at that.

Ok, that's the spread I used anyway but I figured 3 extra points in SpD wasn't entirely worth it and more people would prefer the speed creep.

I don't put them in HP so I can get a sub number.

Substitute and Taunt seems kind of redundant to me, why not just make it a Double Dance set with Substitute and Taunt slashed in the last move slot? Outrage also needs a mention, if not a slash.

Omi, go look at the Fraxure analysis.

Outrage is stupid with a set like this seeing as it hates the confusion when it doesn't need the power. Sub is what this set is based around and what makes the set possible.

Ok, well this set doesn't really seem all that different with the exception of Substitute...

I don't know if Substitute warrants its own set. I'd rather have a more in-depth mention in the Fraxure write-up, perhaps just slash Substitute and call it a day. I know this set is played differently or whatever, but I think writing a whole new set for one move difference is unnecessary. Fellow QC members feel free to weigh in on this, but I'm probably not going to stamp this for the reasons I mentioned above.

EDIT: I won't argue if other members stamp it though, just to clarify.

As you say it played very differently and has a very different feel and aims. It's like why you have SubCMRachi and SupeRachi as different sets. Sub is the only difference and they play very differently.

EDIT: Also two moves different. The other set is based around raw power aka Outrage whereas Outrage is horrible for this type of set.

shnen

שוני
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Actually, i would mention a spread lettting him outspeed adamant absol, as that is one of the crucial benchmarks in NU atm

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I agree with Omicron, I don't think this deserves a set honestly. Just mention Sub in AC or OO of the Fraxure analysis.

QC Reject

Yeah I was actually playtesting today, its not too good at all. OO material or a slash at best, but a set, no.

QC REJECTED 3/3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)