1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Fraxure Mono-Attacker

Discussion in 'Locked / Outdated Analyses' started by Brammi, Jan 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brammi

Brammi

Ok so talked in IRC and I got permission to post this set that I've had great success on the ladder with. tbh, my favorite set in the tier right now.

QC: 1: Ice-eyes
    GP: 0

[SET]
    name: Mono-Attacking Booster
    move 1: Dragon Dance
    move 2: Dragon Claw
    move 3: Substitute
    move 4: Taunt / Swords Dance
    item: Eviolite
    ability: Mold Breaker
    nature: Adamant
    evs: 16 HP / 252 Att / 240 Spe

- Aims to get more than one boost before sweeping.
    - Sacrifices immediate power for more boosts.
    - With Sub, can set up on alot of top tier physically defensive threats.
    - Try to come in on a non attacking move of a wall, set up a sub and start getting boosts.
    - Taunt is more useful in most matches as it stops phazers from stopping your sweep as well as all around team support.
    - Swords Dance works well with Dragon Dance against teams without alot of speed as +3 attack, +1 Speed is more useful than +2,+2 if you don't need the extra speed.

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

- Speed EVs let you outspeed things that aim to outspeed Gorebyss, which is actually a surprising number of threats.
    - Sets up on prominent physical walls including but not limited to some Weezing, Alomomola, some Tangela, some Quagsire. (Will include calcs to show sub staying up.)
    - Has a great deal of trouble with walls that can hit him neutrally such as the common rock types. Also can barely touch the few steels left in the tier. Also Missy.
    - Works well with physical attackers that can break the walls he has difficulty with. Gurdurr, Sub Tauros and Absol are the best partners.
  2. SuperJOCKE

SuperJOCKE Lowtier Warrior!
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

Mono-Attacker is like the standard set name for these kind of sets. You should change the name to that. One exmaple is RestTalk + Curse Regirock who only uses Rock Slide, ie. Mono-Attacker.
  3. Ice-eyes

Ice-eyes Simper Fi

Outspeeding 'things that aim to outspeed Gorebyss' sounds like speed creep to me. Aim for beating max Spe Timid Gorebyss and leave it at that.

[​IMG]
  4. Brammi

Brammi

Ok, that's the spread I used anyway but I figured 3 extra points in SpD wasn't entirely worth it and more people would prefer the speed creep.

I don't put them in HP so I can get a sub number.
  5. Ice-eyes

Ice-eyes Simper Fi

No reason why you can't just make it max Speed, actually.
  6. Omicron

Omicron
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Substitute and Taunt seems kind of redundant to me, why not just make it a Double Dance set with Substitute and Taunt slashed in the last move slot? Outrage also needs a mention, if not a slash.
  7. Brammi

Brammi

Omi, go look at the Fraxure analysis.

Outrage is stupid with a set like this seeing as it hates the confusion when it doesn't need the power. Sub is what this set is based around and what makes the set possible.
  8. Omicron

Omicron
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Ok, well this set doesn't really seem all that different with the exception of Substitute...

I don't know if Substitute warrants its own set. I'd rather have a more in-depth mention in the Fraxure write-up, perhaps just slash Substitute and call it a day. I know this set is played differently or whatever, but I think writing a whole new set for one move difference is unnecessary. Fellow QC members feel free to weigh in on this, but I'm probably not going to stamp this for the reasons I mentioned above.

EDIT: I won't argue if other members stamp it though, just to clarify.
  9. Brammi

Brammi

As you say it played very differently and has a very different feel and aims. It's like why you have SubCMRachi and SupeRachi as different sets. Sub is the only difference and they play very differently.

EDIT: Also two moves different. The other set is based around raw power aka Outrage whereas Outrage is horrible for this type of set.
  10. shnen

shnen שוני
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Actually, i would mention a spread lettting him outspeed adamant absol, as that is one of the crucial benchmarks in NU atm
  11. NatGeo

NatGeo sun's coming up
    is a Contributor Alumnus

Yeah what shnen said

QC 2/3 withdrawing my stamp after further testing
  12. tennisace

tennisace brock you like a hurricane
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
    Twitter Head

I agree with Omicron, I don't think this deserves a set honestly. Just mention Sub in AC or OO of the Fraxure analysis.

QC Reject
  13. Omicron

Omicron

Ok well, I suppose I should actually leave some input on this set now.

QC REJECTED (2/3)
  14. NatGeo

NatGeo sun's coming up
    is a Contributor Alumnus

Yeah I was actually playtesting today, its not too good at all. OO material or a slash at best, but a set, no.

QC REJECTED 3/3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)