Free Switch-in Madness: HECTOR vs MDragon Warstory (ST5)

No, Infernape was faster than Luke so it still would have mpunched it either way.

Great story, the speed tie was really suspenceful.
yes, but without close combat def drops (since he would sac flygon and luke would switch out) he only takes 70% or so from mach punch, leaving him with plenty of health to take 20% from life orb and 6% from sr. granted, he kills the last mon with 10% health, so it's a "tie," but shoddy recognizes it as a win for him.

haunter

Banned deucer.
A jolly life orb Infernape can do up to 83% to a 4hp neutral Lucario (77,5 on average), adding 3% (due to 4x SR resistance) means that, on average, Lucario will have 2 turns of life orb recoil before fainting (assuming that Lucario is at full health when switching in).

This one was a great battle between two great players.

Good game guys! I have battled MDragon before and although we have a fair record he certainly can be very scary.

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Haha excellent warstory hector. You actually made me chuckle IRL when you mach punched his lucario, I saw the speedtie ending there and then. It was a really good read, probably the most enjoyable warstory I've read in quite a while. Thanks :) and good job.

That warstory kept me reading for the whole thing, it was awesome :D

The ending as a speed tie made me wonder who'd win, after I saw the SD Infernape kill Luke, then Flygon kill Ape.

Nice read.

reachzero

the pastor of disaster
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
That was an utterly phenomenal battle in almost every way. I'll give it another day or two before it gets archived.

Great warstory and excellent use of some Pokemon variants and props for using Empoleon! That was very enjoyable and the comments were good. U-Turn was everywhere!!

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hey congrats on the archive (I assume).

This was a great battle, I just got too lazy to post my props for it ^_^.

Like others have said, excellent battle and warstory.

I'm curious about the reeenactment... Like, did you have to try it more than once? I can imagine stuff like accidental crits occurring, or even the ending speed tie not going the right way, lol.

edit: that makes much more sense now

Thanks guys, to the above poster. As I said, SilentEcho made the reenactment and he just followed the log and moves. In the Flygon speed tie, he just gave mine 1 more speed stat than "MDragon's". Everything else was pretty much the same.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)