1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Free Switch-in Madness: HECTOR vs MDragon Warstory (ST5)

Discussion in 'Warstory Archive' started by HECTORtu, Apr 17, 2009.

1. reyscarface

reyscarface
    is a Tiering Contributoris Smogon Frontier's Tower Tycoondefeated the Smogon Frontier

This was a very good match, sad that it decided by a 50% chance =/
  2. Stathakis

Stathakis I hax people in real life
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis Smogon Frontier's Field Ranger

yes, but without close combat def drops (since he would sac flygon and luke would switch out) he only takes 70% or so from mach punch, leaving him with plenty of health to take 20% from life orb and 6% from sr. granted, he kills the last mon with 10% health, so it's a "tie," but shoddy recognizes it as a win for him.
  3. Haunter

Haunter 100% avocado
    is an official Team Rateris a Battle Server Administratoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris an Administratoris a Tutor Alumnus
    Líder máximo

A jolly life orb Infernape can do up to 83% to a 4hp neutral Lucario (77,5 on average), adding 3% (due to 4x SR resistance) means that, on average, Lucario will have 2 turns of life orb recoil before fainting (assuming that Lucario is at full health when switching in).

This one was a great battle between two great players.
  4. Astamatitos

Astamatitos

That made for a great read. Good game both of you. :)
  5. muttonhead

muttonhead

Great warstory. It's pretty nice to have the option to watch it on youtube as well.
  6. Erodent

Erodent

Good game guys! I have battled MDragon before and although we have a fair record he certainly can be very scary.
  7. Legacy Raider

Legacy Raider
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Haha excellent warstory hector. You actually made me chuckle IRL when you mach punched his lucario, I saw the speedtie ending there and then. It was a really good read, probably the most enjoyable warstory I've read in quite a while. Thanks :) and good job.
  8. panamaxis

panamaxis Allons-y!
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winneris a SPL Winner

What can I say, awesome, both the youtube and warstory versions.
  9. Diploman

Diploman

That warstory kept me reading for the whole thing, it was awesome :D

The ending as a speed tie made me wonder who'd win, after I saw the SD Infernape kill Luke, then Flygon kill Ape.

Nice read.
  10. XxBlueCleric.xX

XxBlueCleric.xX

Nice warstory. Kept me entertained the whole way! Close match too.
  11. HECTORtu

HECTORtu matty is gay for me!

Thanks guys for all the compliments and 5 stars ^_^. I think I improved since my last warstory xD.
  12. reachzero

reachzero the pastor of disaster
    is a Super Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

That was an utterly phenomenal battle in almost every way. I'll give it another day or two before it gets archived.
  13. Scarlet Spyder

Scarlet Spyder

Great warstory and excellent use of some Pokemon variants and props for using Empoleon! That was very enjoyable and the comments were good. U-Turn was everywhere!!
  14. paramylodon

paramylodon

I agree with everyone saying it was a great battle and warstory. I really enjoyed this.
  15. supermarth64

supermarth64 Here I stand in the light of day
    is a Contributor Alumnus

Hey congrats on the archive (I assume).

This was a great battle, I just got too lazy to post my props for it ^_^.
  16. The Koopinator

The Koopinator

Like others have said, excellent battle and warstory.

I'm curious about the reeenactment... Like, did you have to try it more than once? I can imagine stuff like accidental crits occurring, or even the ending speed tie not going the right way, lol.

edit: that makes much more sense now
  17. HECTORtu

HECTORtu matty is gay for me!

Thanks guys, to the above poster. As I said, SilentEcho made the reenactment and he just followed the log and moves. In the Flygon speed tie, he just gave mine 1 more speed stat than "MDragon's". Everything else was pretty much the same.
  18. -Marcel-

-Marcel-

Pretty nice warstory. Lovely comments. Good job.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)