ORAS OU #FreeAegislash2015 [peaked #5 with 40-9]

Introduction

Hello, and welcome to my first RMT
I am a rather new player, even though I started playing in xy I feel like I really started understanding how this game works pretty recently, since I changed the way I think while playing. I am really trying to get into Tournaments, but its still a long way to go.
Ok so lets talk about the team: I wanted to use Aegi in a team since I wanted to use it to get my own impression on wether its broken or nah. I decided to start off with a very basic Aegi-Lando core.

I kinda implemented a building Process in the mon descriptions, but I really just started off with those 2, added a mon and just covered weaknesses and adjusted while testing from there (surprisingly enough this is the base version of the team, except for Aegis Set).

Edit: I finally got reqs, got to #5 on suspect Ladder with a respactable 40-9

The Team

(Made by me, dont rip me in half :x)

Before we start: The Spreads and Sets are mostly Standart af so I wont explain them, because it should be clear what they do

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Iron Head
- King's Shield

Ok, so lets start off with Aegislash, the mon that is currently being suspected. I chose it due to its Ability to beat Latis, Fairies, being the best Spinblocker in the Tier and great Typing and Stats.
I decided to use the sub Toxic set, because it forces a lot of switches, and you can either hit hard as hell with a Shadow Ball or just Toxic a incoming Wall like Hippowdon, Mandibuzz, Zapdos and other mons of that kind, it also shuts down really passive mons, because they cant break the sub and its great 150 SpA allow it to hit those very hard as well.

You could also use Toxic, even though I think Iron Head fits the team better. If you decide to do so use this spread: 236 HP / 252 SpA / 20 Spe

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Rock Polish

The 2nd mon I wanted to put on the Team was Landorus-I, people have been crying for the longest time that it should be suspected, even though I dont think it needs to get suspected, I agree that it is a very good mon in the current ou metagame, with or without Aegislash. I chose it because it pairs really well with Aegislash, since its most commonly used Counters are Latis, which get completely shut down by Aegi most of the time. It tears appart a lot of balance teams (at least on the ladder ^^) with its great stats and movepool. As for the Moveset: Earth Power should be pretty obvious, then I chose Sludge Wave, to hit Fairies, and most Flying Types realativly hard. the 3rd Move is Hidden Power Ice, because I want to kill Lando-I/T, Specially Defensive Gliscor, Garchomp or Dragonite before they get annoying. The last move on the Set is Rock Polish, which allows it to late game sweep against a lot of balance teams, and also just destroy HO if it gets an oppertunity to RP.

Latias (F) @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psyshock
- Thunder Wave
- Roost
- Defog

The next mon I wanted to fit on the Team is Mega Latias, I chose mega Latias over reg Latias, because its a lot bulkier and cannot be pursuit trapped as easily. It is there to beat Mega Charizard Y, opposing Landorus-I and Keldeo which are really annoying to my main Core. I chose Psyshock because it allows me to realiably beat Sub CM Keldeo and still does good damage to Zard-Y and Landorus. T wave is there to Slow down Charizard, catch Aegi on the switchin, to make Hippowdon beat it and to make sure that my Aegi outspeeds if really needed. Roost should be clear, and as last move I went with Defog, even though I dont really like running Defog over Roar (Which is an option, but I like Defog better on this Team) I realized that the Team gets really annoyed by Hazardstack and because this Team heavily relies on Switching in and out I really want a way to get rid of hazards. (It also provides a check to Electrics, if really needed, but generally you dont wanna have it play that role)

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Whirlwind
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off

Next Member is prolly my most used mon throughout ORAS, I really love this thing.
Hippowdon is there to take Earthquakes, beat Bisharp, Offensive Talonflame, act as a Heatran and Aegi Check, and also help beat M Lopunny, M Meta, M Altaria, M Scizor, M Zard X, which is a hugh threat otherwise, be my answer to electrics and also provides Stealth Rocks. I chose Whirlwind to help me with M Scizor, M Altaria, M Zard X or alot of other setup mons. The Spread is the standart spread allowing me to take Hidden Power Ice and hits from Heatran.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell/Calm Mind

Gotta have a DFS core thats why its here. Looking at the Team I kinda thought that another Mon that helps Aegi beat Latis, help me with Keldeo to an extent, Mega Sableye and also beating strong Dragon types like Garchomp Dragonite. So I decided Clefable would be a great fit. As for the Moves: Heal Bell is there to cure Lati/Hippo/Aegi because being statused really annoys them, and clef aswell, and I chose Wishtect to help keep Aegi healthy and just make switching into stuff alot easier.

Edit: Changed it to Unaware because that helps me deal with Manaphy and Altaria better, thanks to Alkov for the suggestion

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Energy Ball
- Scald
- Ice Beam / Energy Ball

The Last mon is Manaphy, providing another soft check to Keldeo, and its mainly there to beat really passive Teams, because my team really struggles with those. It also provides a great switchin to Heatran which would be pretty annoying to this team otherwise, and it also is there to beat Sdef Tflame, which is a pain in the ass for Clefable, Hippo and Lando. Also helping me beat fat setup mons like Scizor and Sableye for example.

Edit: Changed it to FWG Manaphy, since it works better on this team, helping me deal with Ferro and Suicune. It also provides a possibility to revenge BD Azu once it took 20%. Thanks to Tricking for the suggestion
- a well played Aegislash can be a problem to this team, because I heavily rely on paralysing Aegi, because hippo loses to the SpA ones otherwise
- Keldeo can be annoying if Latias dies, which could happen considering that Aegi can still weaken it a lot with pursuit
- Crocune is also a big problem to this team, I have faced it a couple times on suspect Ladder and literally the only thing I could do is trying to crit it with clef or mana
- Ferrothorn can also be pretty annoying, even though Aegi completly shuts it down once u sub, you have to bring it in without being leech seeded.
- Talonflame is a really big threat to this team, I use Manaphy to beat the Sdef Set,and Hippo can whirlwind out the SD variant but u gotta use both of those very carefully if you face a Tflame
- Once Clefable gets up to +1 it can be a real pain to kill
- I cannot switch into this safely, I will just hope that people dont use it because Shadow Sneak Aegi is so popular :x
- I use Aegi as a Azu check kinda, but Bellydrum has the potential to sweep me, you just gotta attack on a possible Belly Drum, because if it is not at full Lati+Aegi/Mana beat it
- Mamoswine is a mon I really cant switch into, I have changed Manas Spread to outspeed it, because I dont want it to beat my whole team, even though its uncommon af

I really hope you like the Team, and I really hope some of you will take the time to help me improve it. I will include a threat list soon (maybe also a few replays, if I actually manage find a decent game on the suspect ladder ffs, sigh), also if you wanna try it out heres the importable:
-​
Latias (F) @ Latiasite
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Thunder Wave
- Roost
- Defog

Aegislash @ Leftovers
EVs: 236 HP / 252 SpA / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Toxic
- King's Shield

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Rock Polish

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Whirlwind
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off

Manaphy @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 160 SpA / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rain Dance
- Scald
- Tail Glow
- Rest​

Thoughts on Suspect

Stay in ubers kek​

Last edited:

AD impish john

Consumed by Darkness...
Hi AD impish john here but you should so off your pokemon movesets so people can understand. For example:

Manaphy @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 SpA
Bold Nature
- Tail Glow
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Energy Ball

Hey mate your formatting is still mixed up - The latias set isn't there and the landorus set is in the wrong place. I'll do a full review of your team tomorrow, don't have enough time atm. It looks pretty good though.

p.s. Nice artwork

Hey, cool looking team! Before I begin my rate, I would suggest including the move sets Below each Pokemon (Not under the description), so other raters have an easier time and don't have to refer back to the importable. With that being siad here's my rate.

Ok, I would recommend using Bulky Three attack > Sub + Toxic Aegislash, as you already have multiply means to deal with Mandibuzz, Hippo, Zapdos and threats a like. It also provides you with a way to hit and hurt fairys without the dependence of Landorus-I, whilst still give you that bulk needed to take on certain Pokemon.

Sorry if this was rather short, I'm pressed on time at the moment, but I hope you were able to get something out of this regardless.

Alright; I found some time to rate this. First off; I really like the team, it was built well and has clearly performed well.

I like SubToxic Aegislash. I think it's a great set and a great mon; however I think Pusuit Aegislash fits your team particularly well. You mentioned slashing in Flash Cannon to help deal with Fairies. Iron Head > Flash Cannon is better because of the specially defensive nature of Fairies and to allow you force damage onto CM Clefable. I'll show you some calc's

16 Atk Aegislash-Blade Iron Head vs. 0 HP / 24 Def Mega Gardevoir: 338-402 (122 - 145.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Aegislash-Blade Flash Cannon vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Gardevoir: 248-294 (89.5 - 106.1%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO

assuming 1 CM vs Clefable
16 Atk Aegislash-Blade Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 160 Def Clefable: 264-312 (67 - 79.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Aegislash-Blade Flash Cannon vs. +1 252 HP / 96+ SpD Clefable: 192-228 (48.7 - 57.8%) -- 50.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

choice scarf Ttar
16 Atk Aegislash-Blade Iron Head vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Tyranitar: 228-270 (66.8 - 79.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Aegislash-Blade Flash Cannon vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 216-254 (63.3 - 74.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

And they do about equivalent damage to standard Defensive Sylveon
16 Atk Aegislash-Blade Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 220+ Def Sylveon: 242-288 (61.4 - 73%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Aegislash-Blade Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 36 SpD Sylveon: 248-294 (62.9 - 74.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Assuming you make this change; substitute becomes much more useless without Toxic to back it up; so I would recommend Pursuit > Sub. What this does is force damage onto opposing Lati@s; which is one of the few things that walls your Rock Polish Landorus. The set I would use is this:

Aegislash (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- King's Shield
- Pursuit
- Shadow Ball
- Iron Head

Scr3d: Why are 16 Atk ev's standard on Pursuit Aegislash?
%Raik: so you don't feel bad having 0 atk, Scr3d
~Wisdom from the PS room

Next I would recommend Psychic > Sludge Wave on Landorus. Mega Venusaur is a problem for your team; only being handled by Latias (granted Clefable has a percentage chance to beat fully defensive mega Venu 1v1 w/o prior damage, but that rarely happens. Most targets you are hitting with Sludge Wave will either be handled by Aegi's Iron head or hit Just as hard by psychic/earth power.

Finally - and this is a matter of preference - because you have whirlwind Hippowdon I don't think it's necessary; but I prefer Unaware 248 HP/252+ Def Clefable when I run CM Clef. Imo it really helps with the massive presence of physical set-up sweepers, and makes for a great time when Manaphys/Volcaronas try to set up to beat your CM Clef.

Hope I could help mate, and best of luck to you
~Scr3d

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
#FreeAegislash2015
n

srs tho, this team looks solid. As you really want Sub on Aegi, I suggest that you try out Sub+3 attacks. KS is far from mandatory on Aegislash, and Pursuit simply looks like the more optimal option for this team than KS is tbh. Sub is a great option simply due to how many switches Aegi forces, and having the sub up really eases prediction immensely, while Pursuit's trapping capabilities allow it to deal with some of those in one fell swoop.

I really like KS, because it allows weaken lopunny, scout for choice moves and just gives me a free turn of recovery, it also allows me to beat alot of mons 1v1 that I couldnt beat if I remain in Shieldform. And I dont really think Pursuit is necessairy, since I have Clefable as 2nd mon for Latis which is rather safe, since its magic guard.

Dope shit man, I would add manaphy to the threatlist since you only have one way of revenging it. (ur lando-i) Other than that, sweet team, deals with most of the common threats of the metagame atm.

Alkov

plopping
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hi there, really solid team you have there and congratulations on making requirements with a nice record. However I'll like to suggest maybe a minor change to the team so that it might better.
I realized that your team might be a little weak to an Mega-Altaria with Earthquake after it gets up 1 Dragon Dance and if Aegislash already experienced some prior damage. Another thing might be a Tail Glow Manaphy which greatly threatens your team because you need to Thunder Wave it with your Mega Latias or revenge kill it with Landorus-I (which is not guaranteed since the Manaphy might be a max speed Timid variant). I'll suggest changing Clefable to an Unaware variant with Heal Bell, Calm Mind, Moonlight and Moonblast that helps to deal with Manaphy's Scald burn while setting up and still being able to beat Mega-Altaria.
Although losing out on the coverage provided from Flamethrower, your team can still deal with Steel types reasonably easily since you have a Landorus-I or a bulky Manaphy that can come in on common steel types. :]

Thank you guys, and yeah Unaware Clef could be better, but I think I would prefer Wishtect, because that way I can beat Raindance Manaphy Variants. I really dont like running CM Unaware Clef anyway, because I feel like its so annoying to set up when taking burn/toxic/sand/...

Tricking

MALDINI
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 6th Official Ladder Tournamentwon the 7th Official Ladder Tournamentis a defending SPL Championis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
Hello, nice team, but it's weak to some of the most common threats in the meta such as Landorus-I and Bisharp.

They put a lot of pressure against your team especially with hazards so, I'd suggest you:

Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
EVs: 244 HP / 80 Def / 184 Spe
Bold Nature
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam
- Roost
- Thunder Wave

This OHKOs Landorus-I and you don't need all that speed tbh. So Mega-Latias becomes a solid check also to CM Lando-T which 6-0s your whole team.

As for Clefable I'd run a Magic Guard set since you would lose against every hazards offense and to help vs CroCune.

Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave / Flamethrower
- Soft-Boiled

Therefore I would run something else to revenge-kill Azumarill after the belly drum, so let's try with an Offensive Manaphy which can sweep more properly thanks to Thunder-Wave.

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Energy Ball
- Scald
- Ice Beam / Energy Ball

It can also remove your weaknesses to Keldeo, Ferrothorn and CM Clefable you mentioned in the threatlist.

Last edited:
Tricking thank you for the suggestions. I think 3 attack TG FWG Mana would be better than Rain Dance TG, I just really liked the fact that it beats stall p easily. As for Clef: I chose unaware, to help deal with opposing Manaphy, and DD M alt and I think if I run FWG Mana I am not as weak to Suicune. About Lati: I think imma keep Defog because I really dont want this team to have no hazard removal, since hazards are p annoying to this team and I really like to outspeed keldeo with my Latias thats why I would like to keep that spread, but I should slash Ice beam and Roar for Defog I guess, since they are viable options and help with CM Lando-I.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)