1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Friend Safari IRC Channel and Spreadsheet

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Stellar, Oct 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stellar

Stellar dreams and adventure
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Orange Islands

Enter your Safari data: http://goo.my/safari [FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS!] | Safari data list: http://goo.my/fclist

Only enter your information if you know all of it (type/all three Pokémon). Make sure you follow the directions regarding formatting.

Do not post your FC in this topic. Use the IRC channel or the spreadsheet and PMs to exchange friend codes or to find someone with the appropriate Pokémon.

Once you have exchanged FCs with someone who has used the safari:
    1. The zone has an increased chance of spawning Shiny Pokémon.
    2. The zone has an additional Pokémon added to it.
    3. The zone has a chance of spawning Pokémon with hidden abilities.

Friend Safari Pokemon have at least two perfect IVs.
  2. Raseri

Raseri musharna fan
    is a Tutoris a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Researcher Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
    NU Leader

Vivillon get's friend guard. :(
  3. Alli M

Alli M

I just caught a Fletchinder with Gale Wings. It gives Flying type moves priority.

picture: Bilde tatt 14.10.13 kl. 08.36.jpg
    mattj likes this.
  4. Level 51

Level 51 getting worse at mons day by day
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator

If you add Stellar in this fashion, you can get Moody Smeargles. Sounds good yet? ;)
  5. Plus

Plus bus
    is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Quilladin has Bulletproof
  6. Nexus

Nexus Day 358: Believe
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Wi-Fi Commissioner

Sliggoo has Gooey
  7. Eagle4

Eagle4

Sligoo has Gooey, which lowers the speed of the opposing Pokemon if it makes direct contact with Sligoo

e: godammit
    Psylink likes this.
  8. Stellar

Stellar dreams and adventure
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Orange Islands

9. DHR-107

DHR-107 Robot from the Future
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcher

I am confirming that Xatu returns with Magic Bounce :o

Also: I give out Bergmite, Spheal and Cloyster apparently.
  10. zzecretasianmanzz

zzecretasianmanzz

11. meddle

meddle
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I put my Friend Code there (none of my IRL friends play lol) so someone can check what my Safari yields.

Edit: I have Abra, Espurr, and Girafarig'

Edit2: Looks like Pyroar gets Moxie.

Edit3: And Swirlix gets Unburden.

Edit4: Pancham gets Scrappy.

Show Hide
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
  12. Donovantx8

Donovantx8

Dedenne's Hidden is Plus, Pyroar has Moxie.
  13. Mr.Pooh31

Mr.Pooh31

I put myself on there, not sure what I give out yet though how do I find out?
  14. je5us

je5us

you have someone who added you tell you
  15. radica

radica

So were just missing Furfou, Honedge line?, Malamar, Dragalge, Clawitzer, and Hawlucha.
  16. Non-Guest 31415

Non-Guest 31415

Plus ONLY? Or can it be Plus or Minus?
  17. Donovantx8

Donovantx8

I only found plus, if you throw a staticmon and get a electric safari you can keep searching, but that was like 30 dedenne
  18. meddle

meddle
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Just so you guys know, we are trading codes constantly in real time in IRC (link in the OP). Much easier that way!
  19. kiddu

kiddu

I just need some clarification here:

Other than beating the E4 and visiting the safari, what exactly needs to happen in order to be able to find hidden abilities? Do both me and the other person need to be online and playing at the same time like Serebii implies, or is it really as simple as "I add them, they add me, both beat E4 and visited Friend Safari"?
  20. kd24

kd24 yo daddy musta been a drug dealer? why, cuz you're dope
    is a Pokemon Researcheris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Nah it's as easy as I add them they add me etc. You get hidden abilities/DW abilities from them visiting your zone (unlocking theirs), you don't need to both be online together doing it at the same time. Once you unlock all 3 mons of a Safari, the abilities will also be unlocked.
  21. Private Affair

Private Affair

The best way to go about the FS is to catch yourself a Pokemon with Entrainment (primarily Audino) so it makes it easier to read their ability. She also comes with Nature Power which also packs the chance to put them to sleep.
  22. thelaytonmobile

thelaytonmobile

As far as I could tell from last night, the other person does need to be online at the same time, but only once, so that your game knows that they beat the E4 and visited the zone.

Also, I added my FC to the googledoc. Please PM me or add a note if you added, and I will add back.
    My FC is 4828-3983-7061.
    My Pokemon are Lapras, Delibird, Beartic; so nothing too special sadly.
  23. je5us

je5us

Trace is quicker, ralts can be found in route 4 and a smoke ball in the lost hotel on route 15
  24. TM13IceBeam

TM13IceBeam

Guys IDK where to put this, but I caught a DW Drowzee off someone's Friend Safari, and it's apparently gaining boosted EXP now for whatever reason even though it doesn't have a Lucky Egg attached AND the OT's mine. WTF?

EDIT1: Tested for a non-DW Illumise caught off the Safari. No boosted EXP. Gonna test with an Infiltrator Inkay now.

EDIT2: The Inkay didn't gain boosted EXP. Not sure if the Drowzee's a fluke or what. Gonna try again.

EDIT3: Drowzee gained boosted EXP. Again I swear there's nothing wrong other than the fact that I caught this Drowzee an hour ago. WTF????????????

EDIT4: One IRC chat session and a Scraggy horde later I noticed that Drowzee's EXP bonus is 1.2 instead of the usual 1.5 you'd expect (I've got an IGT Ralts that's well, 1.5x)
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2013
  25. SeanAxel

SeanAxel

Is there any reasoning as too the coloured box of the flavour text in the pokedex?
    Do they signify hidden ablilties or am I just reading this too far?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)