"From Spring To Summer(The Dawn of The Deers)"

INTRODUCTION
Hello Smogon Community,I bring you my 4th or 5th RMT ,but my very first Uber RMT
This team focuses on a pokemon that lies deep within NU Sawsbuck.You may be asking your self why Sawsbuck in Ubers.Well paired with Groudon and the other pokes on this Team Sawsbuck turns into one of the Most Dangerous Sweepers in the Game.A few things you should know about this team.

This Team has Hit 1902 with a Record of (40-9),so yea this team is really good.

This team has been tested on the Uber Suspect Ladder that means Sleep is a Big Threat right now ,but my Team has found away around it.

Another thing to Be noted is that this team Does have Some Pokemon That annoy this team to Death.Believe me a Faced a player with a low rank ,but he has 3 of the Pokemon that really Threatens this team.

Espeon is a Really good Pokemon in Uber.Dont Underestimate the Eon Powers.

That was just a Quick Overveiw about a Few things about this team.I have a Feeling that this team could be one of that best team that i have ever made in any Tier.The Ability to Sweep with almost my Whole team really helps.Its so offensive which makes alot of Strategies Hard to use against this team so anyway i think that is enough about the Team.I think it is time for the Dreaded Team Building Phase.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Considering i Dont have enough time i am
going to skip the Team Building for
Right now.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THE TEAM

*SunnDeer* (Sawsbuck) (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Horn Leech
- Jump Kick
- Return

Sawsbuck is the main pokemon on this team.His job is to sweep the opposing team with as little effort as possible.Things that stops his sweep are some ,but can go past them easy with the right support.1st:Hazards will stop his sweep because of sash that lets him setup swords dance in peace.2nd:Hail and Sand weather also gets rid of Focus Sash.3rd:Rain makes him Slower than other pokemon he needs to Outspeed,(However if i have +2 and predict the Kyogre switch the i can KO with Horn Leech).4th:Lugia does a Good Job at blocking this set making Lugia a Threat.Swords Dance is for my Sawsbuck Sweep.With Out Swords Dance Sawsbuck can kill things that mess up his sweep.Also,It is really hard to stop with sun and the only form of Priority you will see in Uber is pretty Much Extremespeed and the pokemon using it has to survive from the attack of Sawsbuck because of Focus Sash.Horn Leech is a great move for many Reasons.If i lose Focus Sash i have a way to regain it now ,so i can continue my sweep.Also,it has the ability to KO Kyogre a big Threat to Sun Team(Has to have a Swords Dance boost first).I also have STAB ,so it hits pretty Hard.Jump Kick may seem like a Bad Move in away ,but in Reality it is awesome.Jump Kick hits alot of pokemon in Uber for SE.Normal Arceus,Kyurem-White,Ferrothorn,Dialga,Tyranitar,Excadrill,and more.Its also my only way to hit Steel Types in Uber for SE.Return is a move that took some time to decide should i use it.I was deciding between return and Wild Charge(for Lugia) ,but in the end i choose Return for STAB ,and able to kill alot of pokemon even Through it is not SE.Sawsbuck is the STAR of this team so i am not replacing it.

Sawsbuck also have somethings that are hard to get past with Brute Force.Lugia Stops Sawsbuck All the way unless my Opponent is Stupid enough to let me Setup to its Maximum Potential.Ho-Oh also Stop Sawsbuck and able to easily Dispatch of it.Focus Sash may Seem Stupid with all those Hazards ,but it Insures i get a Swords Dance.Also Sawsbuck Has Good SYNERGY with Palkia because of his Major Fire Weakness Flying i have nothing that resist that luckily it is not a Common Type.Genesect Resist Ice.and Espeon resist Fighting,so, as you can see It doesn't have Synergy with alot of Pokemon ,but it still does a Good Job.

*Land Deer* (Groudon) @ Life Orb
Trait: Drought
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

As you can see i use a Double Dance Groudon.I decided on this set because i noticed the offensive nature of this team.It is hard for my Team not to lose because of all the pokemon that can setup on my team.Groudon have Rock Polish and Swords Dance,Arceus has Swords Dance,and Sawsbuck has Swords Dance.Then on the Special Side Palkia has Choice Scarf to outspeed alot of Threat to this team and hit very Hard with alot of Speed.Genesect is my Lead that U-Turn if i feel like i am in a bad Situation,and Esowib is Just Great.If i lead with Genesect i can U-Turn straight to Espeon when i think my opponent is going to Setup Hazards are Dark Void.Groudon Fits right into the Team Being able to Setup in any Circumstance.Rock Polish is so Groudon can OutSpeed alot of Threats who might try to come in and Force Groudon out.It is also nice to have after i get a Swords Dance i can OutSpeed Choice Scarf Kyogre and hit it hard with Rock Polish and a Swords Dance boost.Swords Dance is so i can hit Hard with the Combination of Rock Polish it is hard to stop a Sweep From Groudon.Swords Dance also hit Kyogre extremely Hard so i can win the Weather with a little of Resistance as Possible.

Here are some Calculation of Groudon Earthquake power after a Swords Dance on Kyogre and this is Assuming they have Max Defense.This is the Rest Talk Kyogre set which is getting more common to Counter Darkrai.

Atk Life Orb Groudon Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Kyogre: 399-472 (98.76 - 116.83%) -- 93.75% chance to OHKO

So as you can see it has a huge Chance to KO Kyogre.Also after Rocks it is 100% KO Chance.

EarthQuake is my main attack moves and does a Ton to Kyogre the main Pokemon i have to watch for when playing a battle.after a Swords Dance boost i can Easily Dispatch pf Kyogre and win the Weather War with ease.Also,its just a Nice Move to have.Fire Punch is for Steel Types like Ferrothorn who think they can wall a Groudon ,but didnt see that Fire Punch Coming.Fire Punch is Also a KO to Ferrothorn after a Swords Dance Boost as you can see and these Calculations.

Fire Punch: 116.76 - 137.5%

Atk Life Orb Groudon Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Ferrothorn: 409-484 (116.19 - 137.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Surprisingly Earthquake is a KO to the Standard Support Ferrothorn and these are that Caculations in Rain ,so out of Rain i can Just Fire Punch All day long.SYNERGY-Genesect Resist Ice,Kyogre Resist Water, and Genesect and Sawsbuck resist Grass.

*Baby Deer* (Espeon) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Yawn
- Substitute
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Espeon is a Really Good Pokemon in Ubers mostly with this Uber Suspect Testing For Sleep Clause.Espeon makes alot of people Quit mostly with a Combination with Genesect.You may be asking what Combination well this what i do.I send out Genesect as my Lead ,and then i just U-Turn to Espeon if i Feel like my opponent is going to use a Indirect attack like Thunder Wave,Stealth Rock,Dark Void,ETC...Espeon is One of The Best Pokemon in Uber from My point of view and alot of it has to do with its ability Magic Bouce.If you don't Espeon or Xatu then you don't know Magic Bounce.Magic Bounce Bounces back all Indirect attacks like the one i listed above.That is a Really good ability in Uber Mostly if you opponent uses a Sleep Move.With Conjunction with Genesect,Espeon becomes a Feared Pokemon mostle with this Sleep Clause going around.Its is my best bet against Darkrai and does its job Every Time against it.You are thinking right now is that Darkrai can KO Espeon with Dark Pulse.Well think about this.They Lead with Darkrai and I lead with Genesect.I use U-Turn to Espeon while they Predict that and Dark Pulse to Kill it.Then i Send Genesect out.Well they have two Choices.1st Choice:Get Killed(yea that doesn't Sound to good Does it).2nd Choice:Return to another poke.The 2nd Choice is the Smartest Choice however now i can U-Turn to the Approriate Counter and there you have it i am gaining Momentum Very Fast and taking control of the Match.

Yawn is so i can Make my Opponent Switch out so i can get the Advantage of Controlling my Opponent around,However, if they Decided to Kill espeon they just put there own pokemon to Sleep letting me gain Control of the Match by sending out a Setup Pokemon Easily making a Setup for a Sweep.Substitute is Great Move that lets Me Stay Safe through the whole Match.It also good with making Giratina Fall Asleep with the Combination of Yawn while they Use Shadow Force and then i Sub.So yea Espeon really makes alot of People mad.Psychic is my Main STAB and hits alot of Pokemon that Don't Resist it for Some Pretty good damage.Hp Fighting is for Darkrai so when i am in Sub i can easily Dispatch of it without Losing Espeon.

*Moose Deer* (Arceus) @ Silk Scarf
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 HP / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- ExtremeSpeed
- Shadow Claw
- Earthquake

Moose Deer is one of the best Deers on this team.Its ability to Sweep so easily is what makes it so good.Almost nothing can Stop it once it gets a Swords dance Boost.Through there are bulky ghost types like Giratina and Arceus Ghost Shadow Claw 2hko both of Them.So as you can See it is almost Impossible to Beat Arceus and that why it is one of the Most Used Pokemon.Through there are a Few Ways it is not as Broken as this Sleep Clause Lol.So anyway let me tell you some more about Moose Deer.I Use Silk Scarf Because i really don't Know ,but i know it is good to boost normal Moves like Extreme Speed ,so that might be the Reason i am using it.Swords Dance is the Main Moves on this Set.Could be the Second Main Move ,but it is still a great move.After one Swords Dance Boost like i Stated above earlier Arceus becomes a fearsome Sweeper with the Ability to outspeed alot of Threats with Extremespeed.Extremespeed is what makes this Set Fearsome.Silk Scarf,Stab,and Swords Dance Boost ExtremeSpeed it is hard to stop even with a Steel Types becuase of How Much Damage 1 ExtremeSpeed Does.Shadow Claw is Great for Giratina which is a 2hko using the Set i have after a Swords Dance Boost.

Atk Arceus-Normal Shadow Claw vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Giratina: 272-320 (53.96 - 63.49%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

It also helps Get rid of Arceus Ghost because Shadow Claw is also a 2hko on it too.

+2 252+ Atk Arceus-Normal Shadow Claw vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Arceus-Ghost: 270-318 (60.81 - 71.62%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Earthquake is a Great Move on the Set to ,because it can hit Steel Types for SE Damage and the Ones that Neutral are normaly 2hko or even KO.

*Quick Deer* (Genesect) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Download
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 Atk
Hasty Nature
IVs: 30 Def / 30 SAtk / 30 SDef / 30 Spd
- U-turn
- Flamethrower
- Thunder
- Ice Beam

Quick Deer is my Lead in every battle.His Job is to U-Turn to the Appropriate Pokemon to Counter the Other Mon.However,if i am in a Good Situation from that Start I will just kill my opponent with genesect.When Ever i face other Genesect Leads are the Funniest Part.If i know i am faster i just use Flamethrower and it is Pretty much over,but if they're fast i return to Palkia or a pokemon i know who can resist Flamethrower.(How can i tell if i am faster well its easy.If my download activates First i am Faster.If theres activates First they go First).Genesect is the Glue that Holds this team together.

U-Turn is the Main Move on this Set.U-Turn lets me Switch the right pokemon for every Situation.If i expect Stealth Rock i U-Turn to Espeon.If i expect indirect move i just go Straight to Espeon.It works all the Time(lol even if my Opponent is Expecting it)Flamethrower is another one of my Favorite moves.The moment my Opponent leads with Genesect and i know i am Faster,Lets say my Opponent is not going to be Happy ,and sometimes they even Forfeit knowing they are going to Lose.Thunder is for Kyogre Leads so i can Hit them hard from the Start Giving me a Advantage or sometimes When My opponent Kyogre is Weaken i bring Genesect end l8tr on in the Game and use Thunder on it.Because i know Thunder won't Kill Kyogre when they Lead with it so sometimes i just U-Turn to Palkia and let Palkia Handle it.Ice Beam is also good for Rayquaza Leads and Groudon Leads(Though against groudon i Usually Return Becuase i want to keep my genesect L8tr on in the Game.

GO GENESECT WOOOOOOOOO

*Daddy Deer* (Palkia) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Fire Blast
- Spacial Rend
- Aura Sphere

Daddy Dear(Palkia) is one of the Greatest pokemon on this Team and probably the Most Important.It has One Job defeat Kyogre.As you can See this team relies on Sun For Sawsbuck.If Kyogre is Still alive i am going to have Trouble Sweeping.That is why i need Palkia to get rid of Kyogre.As you can see I have no water Moves because this is a Sun Team LOL.Also i has a Modest Nature ,but i kept getting OutSpeed by other pokes ,so i decided to Change it to Timid.I might Change it back to Modest if the Drop in Power is too Much for Palkia.Now thats enough about why i choose Palkia why don't we talk about the Move Set now.

Thunder is for one Pokemon and that would be Kyogre.Thunder From Palkia is a 2hko i think hold on let me check the Calculator.

Calculations

252 SpA Palkia Thunder vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Kyogre: 218-258 (63.74 - 75.43%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Palkia Thunder vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Kyogre: 218-258 (53.96 - 63.86%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Palkia Thunder vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Kyogre: 166-196 (41.19 - 48.63%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

The only set that is a 3hko is the Specially Defensive set and even then Kyogre can really do anything back to Palkia so yea thunder pretty much Kills Kyogre.Fire Blast is For Ferrothorn and Forretress.Also, it gets boosted in Sun so that is another reason why i have it.Special Rend is so i can revenge kill alot of Dragons in the Uber Tier.It also help me agianst Giratina who i think get KO by Special Rend.

252 SpA Palkia Spacial Rend vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Giratina: 308-366 (61.23 - 72.76%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Palkia Spacial Rend vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Giratina: 234-276 (46.52 - 54.87%) -- 9.77% chance to 2HKO

252 SpA Palkia Spacial Rend vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Giratina: 308-366 (61.23 - 72.76%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

It also 2hko All sets of Giratina-O.Also, as you can see only the Specially Defensive set can take 2 and its only a 90% chance to live lol.

Finally you have Aura Sphere and that for idk.It just sometimes comes in Handy when i need to hit Certain Pokemon.so yea thats Pretty much all that is for.

Threat List
-Lugia gets on my Nerves.I have nothing that can easily dispatch of him making him one of the Hardest pokemon to defeat for this team.

-its not as big of a Threat as Lugia ,but it still annoying able to change the weather.If Palkia get defeated its almost over for this team.

Ending Statement
well thank you for reading my Uber Rmt and believe me this team is actually really good.So please

Comment and Luvdisc.

Replays
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/uberssuspecttest-20305399
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/uberssuspecttest-20310012
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/uberssuspecttest-20307542

Yay I am 1902(40-9)now

I'd switch out Aura Sphere for the secondary STAB in Hydro Pump on Palkia. That way you can abuse your opponent's rain if your Groudon goes down (and since it is an offensive Groudon, it won't last as long as one would want). Anyways, your team has little to hit Calm Mind Arceus Ghost and Darkrai can easily give you trouble. I suggest you make your Genesect the physical variant, so that your U-turns hurt even more on the ghast, as well as having the chance to Flinch kill something with Iron Head.

Also, I can see that Ho-oh is a huge threat to your team, as he can easily set up a sub on your Groudon or Palkia. He can then plow through your team, as Arceus just does not enjoy Sacred Fires with the high burn chance, and most of your other Pokemon just can't hit him. In fact, the only one that can harm him is your Arceus, but that is as said a risk alone. And due to your lack of Stealth Rocks on your team, he can freely switch in and out, laughing at your attacks from anything but, again, Arceus.

I would do the risk by switching out either Swords Dance or Rock Polish on your Groudon for Stone Edge.

In all honesty, your team relies a bit too much on Arceus to deal with the threats. Sawsbuck doesn't really seem to do much in the end, as he isn't all too powerful after the Swords Dance. I'd switch him out with something like a Ho-oh of your own, or even SubReshiram with Stone Edge.

Tl;dr

Hydro Pump > Aura Sphere

Physical Genesect > Special Genesect

Stone Edge > Either setup move

>

Sets:

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Download
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SAtk
Lonely Nature
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Ice Beam
- Explosion

Reshiram @ Leftovers
Trait: Turboblaze
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 Atk
Hasty Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Blue Flare
- Substitute
- Stone Edge

Hope I was to use.

you dont even? @Hack He Must

@Gennosuke Fujiki

I added Stone Edge to Groudon that helped alot.Also i am testing Ho-Oh over sawsbuck.

Trainer Au

Insert custom title here
How do you deal with Ho-Oh? It gets a free switch in vs Palkia, Genesect, and Espy (Yawn I guess.)

CM Arc-Ghost also looks problematic.

Blue Jay

The notorious Good Wife
is a Contributor Alumnus
you dont even? @Hack He Must

@Gennosuke Fujiki

I added Stone Edge to Groudon that helped alot.Also i am testing Ho-Oh over sawsbuck.
Hack He Must was implying that it wasn't an impressive result. Not only is the ladder generally notorious for being filled with bad players (most of them are not very strategically capable, nor understand how to build an effective team), but the ACRE rating is not a very reliable rating; the Glicko2 rating and deviation is a much better reflection of the quality of a player/team.

As for the RMT, Espeon simply is not very effective if keeping entry hazards away is crucial. It relies on prediction to work, while being very predictable in itself (Magic Bounce is the only thing making it in any way viable in Ubers, meaning that as soon as the opponent sees it in team preview they know what it will do). And its frailty means that it can't switch in whenever you might expect an entry hazard or something. If it comes in on Dialga or Groudon (common SR users) it risks getting OHKO'd, having accomplished nothing at all. This is why Xatu is more or less always superior to Espeon in Ubers, as it has a lot more bulk and reliable recovery.

Also, Latias would probably serve you far better than Palkia. You generally don't want 2 Choice Scarves on 1 team, as Scarfmons are often just set up fodder for bulky sweepers (Arceus says hi). Also, Latias >>>> Palkia as a Kyogre counter. Sure, if your opponent is a halfwit, they will let your Palkia kill their Kyogre. However, a good player might well predict the switch (Switching Palkia into Kyogre is a pretty obvious move on your part; none of your other Pokemon can handle its attacks), and use Thunder or Ice Beam, and thus any offensive Kyogre will beat Palkia. SpecsOgre's Water Spout hits 2HKOs Palkia with SR, which means that your opponent can just use Water Spout, watch Palkia lose half its health, switch out, come back in later, fire off another Water Spout and nothing on your team can survive it. Palkia is not a solid Kyogre counter, because any competent player will simply let it die slowly (with no way of healing, there are only so many hits it can take) while keeping Kyogre in good health. And once Palkia is down, Kyogre does horrible things to this team. Latias on the other hand has reliable recovery (meaning it can keep taking hits from Kyogre), much better special bulk and doesn't need to bother with a choice scarf. It can also threaten Kyogre well enough and is a great offensive pivot.

A standard physical wall Groudon would also benefit you far more than your current set. Lacking SR on your team, the single move that has good reason to be on EVERY team, is never a good thing (and no, having an Espeon does NOT mean you will have SR on your opponent's field). SR is also a huge help in dealing with Ho-Oh. Said Groudon also checks Extremekiller, which you spent a paragraph praising for its sweeping power, never once considering that it also sweeps your team without much difficulty. Leftovers and bulk on your weather setter also just gives you a much better chance of actually keeping the sun around.

As for threats, physically defensive Giratina walls your entire team not counting Palkia. And as mentioned earlier, your opponent is not obligated to let their Pokemon be KO'd by your Palkia. Since Palkia still can't recover any health, any decently played team with Kyogre+Giratina will pick apart your team once your Palkia has died (which it inevitably will, if it has to keep switching into attacks while having no way to heal). Again, Latias would help a ton with this.

Hack He Must was implying that it wasn't an impressive result. Not only is the ladder generally notorious for being filled with bad players (most of them are not very strategically capable, nor understand how to build an effective team), but the ACRE rating is not a very reliable rating; the Glicko2 rating and deviation is a much better reflection of the quality of a player/team.
I actually think ladder rating is the most objective way to determine a players skill, however, I'd say that you are right about ACRE alone being a bit unreliable. However, having a high ACRE means your Glicko2 is also high so deviation goes a long way here. 21-5 was implied to be a terrible result as you can easily go 30 in a row in the beginning as players are much worse in the first 20-30 games.

Since I took my time to write an answer I might as well rate the team. I'd just scrap the idea of Sawsbuck entirely, and your replays doesn't justify anything other than E-killer sweeps ayway. I can' see what it can do and Focus Sash makes its damage output way to weak. And no matter what combination of moves you choose, Lugia, Ho-oh and Giratina will be a contant pain. As for changes, I would just remake the team anyway, it's hard to suggest changes because of how many I can do to not make it the same team?

Well, I have somewhat of a similar team... Espeon must be Sashed so it can prevent hazards twice. Since you didn't want to replace Sawsbuck (and I don't feel like giving out my team to suggest a better team member) I don't really know what to do. But I hardly see the point of having two scarfers here, since Palkia is a shitty scarfer and should generally not be using that item. Also, consider checking your grammar/spelling/capitalization to make the RMT readable.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Darkrai absolutely mauls your team if it comes in on anything besides palkia/gene. I don't see how your team can actually stop it if it comes in on anything that isn't gene/palkia. Espeon dreads switching in on darkrai since dark pulse cleanly ohko's it.

252SpAtk Darkrai (Neutral) Dark Pulse vs 4HP/0SpDef Espeon (Neutral): 103% - 122% (282 - 332 HP). Guaranteed OHKO.
252Atk Sawsbuck (+Atk) Jump Kick vs 4HP/0Def Darkrai (Neutral): 77% - 91% (218 - 258 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.
252Atk Genesect (Neutral) U-turn vs 4HP/0Def Darkrai (Neutral): 83% - 100% (236 - 282 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.
252SpAtk Palkia (Neutral) Spacial Rend vs 4HP/0SpDef Darkrai (Neutral): 70% - 83% (199 - 235 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.

So the three mons you have that can outspeed darkrai fail to ohko. If darkrai leads or gets a free switch on espeon/groudon/arceus you lose. Even if sleep clause was still active darkrai can singlehandedly maul your whole team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)