Froslass [BW2 Revamp] [QC: 0/3]

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is my first analysis! Criticisms, blah, blah, blah. This is a quick post because I've used Froslass on a lot of my teams so I will start with the standards.

[Overview]
  • Can spinblock and set-up hazards. Nice.
  • Good base speed and way to hit dragons like Salamence and Dragonite preventing them from switching in.
  • Decent offensive stats and can defeat every spinner 1 v. 1
  • Below average defenses
  • Good suicide lead and deo-d replacement n HO teams mainly

[SET]
name: Suicide Lead
move 1: Spikes
move 2: Taunt
move 3: Shadow Ball / Ice Beam
move 4: Destiny Bond / Shadow Ball
item: Focus Sash
ability: Cursed Body
nature: Timid
evs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
  • Suicide Lead that sets up spikes
  • Focus Sash garuntees a layer of spikes
  • Ice Beam and Shadow Ball are imporant moves letting it attack Starmie hard and Landorus, dragons, grass types hard
  • destiny bond for taking down a pokemon
  • taunt stops many pokemon in there tracks
  • can defeat espeon and xatu with shadow ball

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
  • Something that abuses Spikes
  • Dugtrio and Gothitelle
  • Frost Breath to hit CM users harder but lacks power and is noticible
  • Thunder Wave and HP [fire]

[Other Options]
  • Nothing else that is too good
  • Choice Specs and Scarf outclassed by Kyurem
  • Toxic
  • BoltBeam
  • Thunder
  • Pain Split
  • Trick with Choice set
  • Substitute
  • Don't bother with anything else (even the OO suck)

[Checks and Counters]
  • Anything with a fire, ghost, dark, or rock type move forces it out
  • Pursuit but has to be wary because if Sub is up it can escape
  • rain boosted attacks 2HKO it easily most of the time
  • Anything faster, starmie, tornadus, jolteon, Dugtrio, Alakazam
  • Choice Scarf
  • SR
  • Volcarona can set up on it
  • Latias
  • Jirachi
  • Metagross

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I am starting to question whether you have used Froslass or not, as both sets that you have are really bad and you didn't mention the only good one. Remove both sets. The only Froslass set that should exist is this one:

[SET]
evs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Spikes and Taunt are staples and need no explaining. Shadow Ball is the best STAB move as it 2HKOes both Xatu and Espeon, weakens Starmie so that it will die if it comes in again from Spikes damage or will get killed by Pursuit partners easier, preventing it from getting a spin off. Ice Beam is good if you have troubles against Dragons and other Pokemon weak to Ice, as Froslass can act an emergency revenge killer if you save it after its sash is broken and if hazards are not present in your side of the field. Ice Beam is also very useful for Breloom leads, and immediately OHKOes Breloom so you don't have to play the ''Taunt and die from Bullet Seed or use Spikes and get put to sleep'' mindgame. Good for Landorus-T and SR Garchomp too, which often lead. In the last slot Destiny Bond is the best option and often allows Froslass to get more free Spikes, while also shuffling the opponent's team to rack up Spikes damage. However, Ice Beam is a solid alternative as well for teams that don't want to play the Destiny Bond or Taunt mindgames and gives to Froslass valuable coverage against dangerous setup sweepers.

HP Fire and Thunder Wave should go to AC.

Overview said:
  • SR Weakness and Spikes + Toxic Spikes damage adds up quickly
  • Has to rely on the unreliable Pain Split for recovery
  • However it still hasn't been as affected that much than other pokemon in BW2
  • However, excellent spiker that fits two roles and a pokemon to consider on any playstyle
  • Only one resistance
  • Snow Cloak Ban!
Remove all those as they are either irrelevant or false. Mention that Froslass only use is as a suicide lead for HO teams. There are many more things that need correcting but for now those changes are enough.

I am starting to question whether you have used Froslass or not, as both sets that you have are really bad and you didn't mention the only good one. Remove both sets. The only Froslass set that should exist is this one:

[SET]
evs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Spikes and Taunt are staples and need no explaining. Shadow Ball is the best STAB move as it 2HKOes both Xatu and Espeon, weakens Starmie so that it will die if it comes in again from Spikes damage or will get killed by Pursuit partners easier, preventing it from getting a spin off. Ice Beam is good if you have troubles against Dragons and other Pokemon weak to Ice, as Froslass can act an emergency revenge killer if you save it after its sash is broken and if hazards are not present in your side of the field. Ice Beam is also very useful for Breloom leads, and immediately OHKOes Breloom so you don't have to play the ''Taunt and die from Bullet Seed or use Spikes and get put to sleep'' mindgame. Good for Landorus-T and SR Garchomp too, which often lead. In the last slot Destiny Bond is the best option and often allows Froslass to get more free Spikes, while also shuffling the opponent's team to rack up Spikes damage. However, Ice Beam is a solid alternative as well for teams that don't want to play the Destiny Bond or Taunt mindgames and gives to Froslass valuable coverage against dangerous setup sweepers.

HP Fire and Thunder Wave should go to AC.

Remove all those as they are either irrelevant or false. Mention that Froslass only use is as a suicide lead for HO teams. There are many more things that need correcting but for now those changes are enough.
I have used Froslass a lot. I just had those sets there just to see what QC would say. I put in Substitute for AC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)