OU Froslass

Overview
########

Although it might be overshadowed by the Deoxys formes as an entry hazard setter, Froslass is by no means unviable. A base 110 Speed makes it very fast, and in conjunction with its STAB Ice Beam, Froslass can beat many other hazard setters and Defoggers. As a Ghost-type, it can also spinblock for itself, so opponents can't KO it with Rapid Spin after knocking it down to its Focus Sash, wiping away its efforts. Unlike other suicide leads, Froslass makes use of Destiny Bond to ensure that you won't always be playing with a Pokemon down in exchange for hazards either, though this is reliant on good prediction, lest you waste a turn. Froslass also has a nice ability in Cursed Body that sometimes allows it to get an extra layer of hazards. However, some aspects of the metagame make it difficult for Froslass to be effective. Common priority users can limit it to one layer of Spikes, and the prevalence of Defog makes the Spikes that Froslass does set easier to remove. Finally, it should be emphasized once again that Froslass faces great competition from the Deoxys formes as a suicide lead for hyper offensive teams. If you use it, it's important to utilize its advantages over them, or you will end up with an inferior Pokemon.

Suicide Spiker
########
name: Suicide Spiker
move 1: Taunt
move 2: Spikes
move 3: Destiny Bond
move 4: Ice Beam
ability: Cursed Body
item: Focus Sash
evs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
nature: Timid

Moves
========

Taunt stops slower Pokemon from setting up boosts, laying entry hazards, or using Taunt themselves. Spikes is used to punish your opponent's switches and make life easier for your other Pokemon. Destiny Bond is a great move to take advantage of the fact that Froslass is a suicide lead and pairs well with Focus Sash. Ice Beam KOes common Stealth Rock leads like Garchomp and Landorus-T while also 2HKOing many common Defoggers.

Set Details
========

Special Attack and Speed are maximized because Froslass is a frail, fast suicide lead, and the Special Attack investment nets it some important KOs such as a 2HKO on Latias. Cursed Body is a good ability to potentially get extra chances to set up by disabling an opponent's priority or Choice-locked attacks. Focus Sash is necessary to give Froslass an extra turn to use Spikes or Destiny Bond.

Usage Tips
========

Froslass will almost always be your lead, unless the opponent has a Magic Bounce User such as Espeon or Mega Absol that renders it ineffective. If your opponent leads with something like Heatran or Gyarados that commonly sets up entry hazards or boosts, then it's best to use Taunt first. If instead they just have an all-out attacker, then start setting up Spikes. When Froslass is about to be KOed, a choice must be made. If you feel that you have enough layers of Spikes up and the attacking Pokemon is a threat to your team, then use Destiny Bond. If the Pokemon is not a threat, then an extra layer of Spikes may be more helpful. Be careful, as a savvy opponent might know about Destiny Bond, expect it, and not attack the second time. If your opponent leads with Talonflame with the goal of limiting you to one layer of Spikes by using Brave Bird, then Froslass should use Destiny Bond the first turn. They will be forced to either switch to save their Talonflame, or attack again and let it be KOed. By doing this, Froslass will either eliminate what is probably a large threat to your team or scare the Talonflame out and get hazards up.

Team Options
========

Bisharp or Defiant Thundurus can discourage Defog after Froslass goes down. Prankster Thundurus is good on offensive teams in general to stop sweepers with Thunder Wave or sweep with Nasty Plot. Belly Drum Azumarill is a potent sweeper that also enjoys having its checks weakened by entry hazards. Either Mega Evolution of Charizard can force switches and fit well on offensive teams. Offensive teams usually also want Stealth Rock, so Pokemon that can set it up, such as Terrakion, Garchomp, Landorus, or Landorus-T, are good. Really, any good offensive Pokemon will fit on a team with Froslass and be able to take advantage of the Spikes.

Other Options
########

A bulkier set with Pain Split can be used to set up entry hazards throughout the match, but Froslass is still very frail. Thunderbolt is a decent option to get good coverage and hurt Pokemon like Skarmory, but Froslass doesn't want to give up any moveslots. Thunder Wave can cripple Pokemon. Hidden Power Fire 2HKOes Ferrothorn and Scizor, but is useless in most other situations.

Checks & Counters
########

**Faster Attackers**: Although Froslass is quite fast, common Pokemon that outspeed it such as Greninja and Thundurus will limit it to one layer of entry hazards. Many Choice Scarf users such as Excadrill will also do the job.

**Tyranitar**: Tyranitar can knock Froslass down to its Focus Sash and finish it off with sandstorm damage.

**Deoxys-D**: Deoxys-D needs to have Magic Coat or the combination of Mental Herb and Taunt, but if it does, then it can Taunt Froslass to shut it down.

**Priority Users**: Aegislash and Scizor can KO Froslass with Shadow Sneak and Bullet Punch, limiting it to one layer of Spikes at most. Other priority users such as Talonflame and Azumarill are also effective.

**Rapid Spinners and Defoggers**: These Pokemon can remove Froslass's entry hazards once it is gone, although Froslass does a good job of stopping these Pokemon while it's on the field with Taunt and its Ghost typing.

Last edited:

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Icy Wind + Shadow Ball limits Deoxys-S to one hazard which is pretty rad. Need max SAtk to get the KO though iirc.

Max SpA Icy Wind + Shadow Ball does 91.3% - 118.8%. So you can't guarantee the KO, but you get a pretty good chance of it, and they'll probably taunt first turn so it could work in that case, no matter what they still only get one layer at most. I'll add that in.

Is max HP even necessary? Froslass is frail as all hell regardless, so it'll likely always be 2HKOed by anything. Maxing Special Attack seems more logical to hit things hard if you can.

There's no point in mentioning it because there's no point in using it. Froslass is always going to be 2HKOed regardless of HP investment, so it's not worth it.

Agreeing with Spirit's changes. Specify about when to use Destiny Bond in the case of whether the opposing Pokemon is a huge threat to your team in which case it is obviously the best choice, or whether they are easily dealt with by teammates and therefore another layer of Spikes might be more beneficial. When you talk about priority users in Checks and Counters, mention them specifically, such as (as Spirit mentioned) Aegislash and Scizor. Mention why Thundurus is "cool". Talk about why Manaphy / Azumarill / other Pokemon "like" hazards. I know you will probably expand on these things in the write-up, but this is just a reminder at least. Remove the spinblock mention in Team Options.

2/3

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
TDE makes a good point, one of Frosslass' highlights is the fact that its a ghost so it cant be KO'd with spin or spun on at all, which is something that is a bother to Deo formes. Mention that in the overview.

Other than that this is good, QC 3/3, get this to GP.

tehy

Banned deucer.
amcheck

man this is actually a pretty nice analysis; but i also had a lot of comments so you should read like...all of those

Also next time post a message saying 'ready for gp'; (unless you weren't, but i assumed by the title you were)

Overview
########

Although it may be overshadowed by the Deoxys formes as an entry hazard setters, Froslass is by no means unviable. A base 110 Speed makes it very fast, and in conjunction with its STAB Ice Beam, Froslass can beat many other hazard setters and Defoggers. As a Ghost-type, it can also spinblock for itself, so opponents can't KO it with Rapid Spin after knocking it down to its Focus Sash and wipe away its efforts. Unlike other suicide leads, Froslass makes use of Destiny Bond to ensure that you won't always be playing down a Pokemon in exchange for hazards either. Unfortunately, this is reliant on good prediction, or you will just waste a turn. It also has a nice ability in Cursed Body that allows it to get an extra layer of hazards sometimes. However, some of the aspects of the metagame make it difficult for Froslass to be effective. Common priority users can limit it to one layer of Spikes. T, and the prevalence of Defog makes the Spikes that Froslass does set less valuable. Finally, it should be emphasized once again that Froslass faces great competition from the Deoxys formes as a suicide lead for hyper offensive teams. If you use it, it's important to utilize its advantages over them, or you will end up with an inferior Pokemon.

Suicide Spiker
########

Moves
========

Taunt stops other Pokemon from using Taunt on Froslass, setting up boosts, or setting up hazards. Spikes are the crux of the set used to punish your opponent's switches and make life easier for your other Pokemon. Destiny Bond is a great move to take advantage of the fact that Froslass is a suicide lead and pairs well with Focus Sash. Ice Beam is the bKOest move in the final slot to KO common Stealth Rock leads like Garchomp and Landorus-T, and it also 2HKOs many common Defoggers. Icy Wind and Shadow Ball can be used instead in the final two slots to beat Deoxys-S, if you so desire.

Set Details
========

Special Attack and Speed are maximized because Froslass is a frail and fast suicide lead, and the Special Attack investment lets it do things like get a guaranteed 2HKO on Latias. Cursed Body is a good ability to potentially get extra chances to set up. Focus Sash is a necessary item to give Froslass an extra turn to use Spikes or Destiny Bond.

Usage Tips
========

Froslass will almost always be your lead, unless they opponent haves something like Espeon or Mega Absol that makes it ineffective. If your opponent leads with something like Heatran or Gyarados that commonly sets up hazards or boosts, then it's best to use Taunt first. If they just have an all-out attacker, then start setting up Spikes. When Froslass is about to be KOed, a choice must be made. If you feel that you have enough layers of Spikes up and the attacking Pokemon is a threat to your team, then use Destiny Bond. If the Pokemon is not a threat, then an extra layer of Spikes may be more helpful. Be careful, as a savvy opponent may know about Destiny Bond, expect it, and not attack the second time. If your opponent leads with Talonflame, trying to limit you to one layer with Brave Bird, then you should use Destiny Bond the first turn. They will be forced to either switch to save their Talonflame, or attack again and let it be KOd, when it is probably a big threat to your team and a very useful Pokemon for them.

Team Options
========

Bisharp can block Defog once Froslass goes down. Defiant Thundurus or Competitive Milotic are also options. Thundurus is good on offensive teams in general to stop sweepers with Thunder Wave or sweep with Nasty Plot. Tail Glow Manaphy is a Pokemon whose number of switch-ins is decreased with Spikes up. Belly Drum Azumarill is a potent sweeper that also enjoys having its checks weakened by hazards. Either Mega Charizard of either form can force switches and fits well on offensive teams. Offensive teams usually also want Stealth Rock, so a Pokemon that can set up that, such as Terrakion, Garchomp, Landorus, or Landorus-T, is good. Really, any good offensive Pokemon will fit on a team with Froslass and be able to take advantage of the Spikes.

Other Options
########

A bulkier set with Pain Split can be used to set up hazards throughout the match, but Froslass is still very frail. Thunderbolt is a decent option to get good coverage and hurt Pokemon like Skarmory, but Froslass doesn't want to give up any moveslots. Thunder Wave can cripple Pokemon. Hidden Power Fire 2HKOs Ferrothorn and Scizor, but is useless for the most part.

Checks & Counters
########

**Tyranitar**: Tyranitar can knock Froslass down to its Focus Sash and finish it off with sandstorm damage.

**Deoxys formes that can Taunt it**: Deoxys-S outspeeds Froslass and stops it from setting up hazards. A Deoxys-D with Magic Coat or Mental Herb will also be able to Taunt it.

**Priority users**: Aegislash and Scizor can kill Froslass with Shadow Sneak and Bullet Punch, limiting it to one layer at most if Cursed Body doesn't activate. Other priority users like Talonflame and Azumarill are also effective.

**Rapid Spinners and Defoggers**: These Pokemon can remove Froslass's hazards once it is gone, although it does a good job of stopping them while it's on the field with Taunt and its Ghost- typing.

Comments:

Okay Spikes totally IS the crux of this set but that's so god damn overused it may even be outright banned or something. Plus that part was grammatically incorrect so i just took it out altogether.

When you mention Cursed Body, explain where it's giving you more chances to set up? Clearly it's against priority and choiced mons for the most part, but you just kind of throw it out there. The section is short as hell too so this would be a nice chance to add on a little more, legitimately.

Maybe mention that Shadow Ball also helps against Espeon, and Magic Coat Deoxys-D?

I think we can infer that Talonflame is threatening to your team and good against theirs;you might want to point out that d-bonding it leaves you at the risk of having no spikes, but on the other hand they probably have a good way to get rid of hazards if they have a talonflame.

Uh...Bisharp doesn't actually block defog, just make it problematic to use.

I know you said "Thundurus in general", but Defiant Thundurus can't really use Thunder Wave as well.

Any Deoxys forme allowed in OU can beat froslass;Deo-d can get the advantage by not having Magic Coat/Mental Herb just by you thinking they've got Magic Coat and switching (or attacking and getting Red Carded.) Offensive Deo-s 2hitkoes, is faster, and you probably attacked it so you likely won't manage to spike.

I should have just commented about it, but obviously Cursed Body can bail you out against Prio users.Something you should have mentioned a bit harder, perhaps?

Notably, Talonflame could attack, then SD since you dbonded the first time. Then finish it and come out of this with 1 spikes and +2 attack, and with the ability to easily clear them considering it's probably got good defog/rapid spin support. Also it could WoW for the KO.

I know that saying 'they' implies the opponent, but coming right out of the first sentence especially, it just seems a bit weird. But keep that if you want, i guess.

Thanks for the feedback.
Okay Spikes totally IS the crux of this set but that's so god damn overused it may even be outright banned or something. Plus that part was grammatically incorrect so i just took it out altogether.
That was actually a joke that I forgot to change back.
When you mention Cursed Body, explain where it's giving you more chances to set up? Clearly it's against priority and choiced mons for the most part, but you just kind of throw it out there. The section is short as hell too so this would be a nice chance to add on a little more, legitimately.
Yeah, I can explain more what makes Cursed Body useful.
Maybe mention that Shadow Ball also helps against Espeon, and Magic Coat Deoxys-D?
Espeon's irrelevant for the most part, and Shadow Ball does pitiful damage against Deoxys-D.
I think we can infer that Talonflame is threatening to your team and good against theirs;you might want to point out that d-bonding it leaves you at the risk of having no spikes, but on the other hand they probably have a good way to get rid of hazards if they have a talonflame.
I don't quite understand what you're saying. The point of using Destiny Bond first turn is that they should try to save it, so you can still get 1-2 layers of Spikes.
Uh...Bisharp doesn't actually block defog, just make it problematic to use.
It's a pretty common term, but I can change it to discourage for clarity.
I know you said "Thundurus in general", but Defiant Thundurus can't really use Thunder Wave as well.
I can see how that could be confusing since I just referred to Defiant Thundurus. I'll clarify that I mean Prankster Thundurus.
Any Deoxys forme allowed in OU can beat froslass;Deo-d can get the advantage by not having Magic Coat/Mental Herb just by you thinking they've got Magic Coat and switching (or attacking and getting Red Carded.) Offensive Deo-s 2hitkoes, is faster, and you probably attacked it so you likely won't manage to spike.
You wouldn't switch out in fear of Magic Coat, you would either not lead or just try to Taunt. As for offensive Deoxys-S, you can get at least one layer of hazards with your Focus Sash. Taunt from them is the only way to stop Froslass's goal completely.
I should have just commented about it, but obviously Cursed Body can bail you out against Prio users.Something you should have mentioned a bit harder, perhaps?
Cursed Body is completely luck based. A nice bonus, but something one should be hoping for or thinking about.
Notably, Talonflame could attack, then SD since you dbonded the first time. Then finish it and come out of this with 1 spikes and +2 attack, and with the ability to easily clear them considering it's probably got good defog/rapid spin support. Also it could WoW for the KO.
The majority of Talonflame are Choice Band.
I know that saying 'they' implies the opponent, but coming right out of the first sentence especially, it just seems a bit weird. But keep that if you want, i guess.
Sure, that's a small change to make and it can be helpful.

I've implemented most of the check, thanks for the help.

tehy

Banned deucer.
Well the talonflame thing, what i'm saying is: they attack and you d-bond, it's understood that talonflame is good for them and probably threatening to you, you didn't need to write that. But also that talonflame is especially problematic since it's probably paired with anti-hazard support and easily limits you to a layer or hopefully 2. Idk, that was kind of all over the place

1/4th of all deoxys-D (and a far larger amount of good deoxys-d) have Magic Coat and aren't afraid to use it, so even ones without it might win because you might be scared to do anything against them. And if you say 'don't lead' that works for Magic Coat deoxys-d as well. And with the offensive one, wouldn't you assume it'd taunt most of the time? Point being, deoxys formes always have a chance to beat you.

And apparently shadow ball 3hitkoes standard deo-d, so if it does turn out to have Magic Coat you can wear it down very nicely if it tries any bullshit. Although Red Card is a problem so maybe don't mention it at all (Espeon is still fairly relevant imo)

Here's an amcheck Swamp Link :]

Add
Remove
Comments

Overview
########

Although it may be overshadowed by the Deoxys formes as an entry hazard setter, Froslass is by no means unviable. A base 110 Speed makes it very fast, and in conjunction with its STAB Ice Beam, Froslass can beat many other hazard setters and Defoggers. As a Ghost-type, it can also spinblock for itself, so opponents can't KO it with Rapid Spin after knocking it down to its Focus Sash and, wipeing away its efforts. Unlike other suicide leads, Froslass makes use of Destiny Bond to ensure that you won't always be playing down a Pokemon in exchange for hazards either. Unfortunately, this is reliant on good prediction, or you will just waste a turn. ItFroslass also has a nice ability in Cursed Body that sometimes allows it to get an extra layer of hazards sometimes. However, some of the aspects of the metagame make it difficult for Froslass to be effective. Common priority users can limit it to one layer of Spikes, and the prevalence of Defog makes the Spikes that Froslass does set less valuableasier to remove (Defoggers don't really make Spikes less valuable, they still punish switch-ins. It just makes them easier to remove). Finally, it should be emphasized once again that Froslass faces great competition from the Deoxys formes as a suicide lead for hyper offensive teams. If you use it, it's important to utilize its advantages over them, or you will end up with an inferior Pokemon.

Suicide Spiker
########

Moves
========

Taunt stops othslower Pokemon from usetting Taunt on Froslasup boosts, settlaying up boostentry hazards, or usetting up hazardsTaunt themself. Spikes are used to punish your opponent's switches and make life easier for your other Pokemon. Destiny Bond is a great move to take advantage of the fact that Froslass is a suicide lead, and it pairs well with Focus Sash. Ice Beam KOs common Stealth Rock leads likesuch as Garchomp and Landorus-T andwhile also 2HKOsing many common Defoggers. Icy Wind and Shadow Ball can be used instead in the final two slots to beat Deoxys-S, if you so desire (can you actually explain how this works; by slowing it down and breaking its sash simultaneously so you can KO it next turn while outspeeding). Shadow Ball alone has a good chance of KOing offensive Deoxys-S.

Set Details
========

Special Attack and Speed are maximized because Froslass is a frail and fast suicide lead, and the Special Attack investment letallows it do things like getsuch as guaranteeding a 2HKO on Latias. Cursed Body is a good ability to potentially get extra chances to set up by disabling an opponent's priority or Choice-locked attacks. Focus Sash is necessary to give Froslass an extra turn to use Spikes or Destiny Bond.

Usage Tips
========

Froslass will almost always be your lead, unless the opponent has something likesuch as Espeon or Mega Absol that makerenders it ineffective. If your opponent leads with something like Heatran or Gyarados that commonly sets up hazards or boosts, then it's best to use Taunt first. If instead they just have an all-out attacker, then start setting up Spikes. When Froslass is about to be KOed, a choice must be made. If you feel that you have enough layers of Spikes up and the attacking Pokemon is a threat to your team, then use Destiny Bond. If the Pokemon is not a threat, then an extra layer of Spikes may be more helpful. Be careful, as a savvy opponent may know about Destiny Bond, expect it, and not attack the second time. If your opponent leads with Talonflame, trying to with the goal of limiting you to one layer withof Spikes by using Brave Bird, then you should use Destiny Bond the first turn. They will be forced to either switch to save their Talonflame, or attack again and let it be KOd. By doing this, you either eliminate what is probably a large threat to your team or scare the Talonflame out and get hazards up.

Team Options
========

Bisharp can discourage Defog once Froslass goes down. Defiant Thundurus or Competitive Milotic are also options in the same regard. Prankster Thundurus is good on offensive teams in general to stop sweepers with Thunder Wave or sweep with Nasty Plot. Tail Glow Manaphy is a Pokemon whose number of switch-ins is decreased with Spikes up. Belly Drum Azumarill is a potent sweeper that also enjoys having its checks weakened by hazards. Either Mega Charizard can force switches and fit well on offensive teams. Offensive teams usually also want Stealth Rock, so a Pokemon that can set it up that, such as Terrakion, Garchomp, Landorus, or Landorus-T isare good. Really, any good offensive Pokemon will fit on a team with Froslass and be able to take advantage of the Spikes.

Other Options
########

A bulkier set with Pain Split can be used to set up hazards throughout the match, but Froslass is still very frail. Thunderbolt is a decent option to get good coverage and hurt Pokemon like Skarmory, but Froslass doesn't want to give up any moveslots. Thunder Wave can cripple Pokemon. Hidden Power Fire 2HKOs Ferrothorn and Scizor, but is useless for in most othe most partr situations.

Checks & Counters
########

**Faster Attackers**: Although Froslass is quite fast, common Pokemon that outspeed it such as Greninja and Thundurus will limit it to one layer of hazards. Many Choice Scarf users such as Excadrill will also do the job.

**Deoxys formes that can Taunt it**: Deoxys-S outspeeds Froslass and can stops it from setting up hazardsSpikes with Taunt. A Deoxys-D with Magic Coat or Mental Herb will also be able to Taunt it.

**Priority users**: Aegislash and Scizor can kill Froslass with Shadow Sneak and Bullet Punch, limiting it to one layer at most. Other priority users likesuch as Talonflame and Azumarill are also effective.

**Rapid Spinners and Defoggers**: These Pokemon can remove Froslass's hazards once it is gone, although itFroslass does a good job of stopping these Pokemon while it'sthey're on the field with Taunt and its Ghost-typing.
Really nicely written :}}}

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Swamp Link

REMOVE CHANGE COMMENTS

Overview
########

Although it may might be overshadowed by the Deoxys formes as an entry hazard setter, Froslass is by no means unviable. A base 110 Speed makes it very fast, and in conjunction with its STAB Ice Beam, Froslass can beat many other hazard setters and Defoggers. As a Ghost-type, it can also spinblock for itself, so opponents can't KO it with Rapid Spin after knocking it down to its Focus Sash and, wipeing away its efforts. Unlike other suicide leads, Froslass makes use of Destiny Bond to ensure that you won't always be playing down a Pokemon in exchange for hazards either. Unfortunately, this is reliant on good prediction, or you will just waste a turn. ItFroslass also has a nice ability in Cursed Body that sometimes allows it to get an extra layer of hazards sometimes. However, some of the aspects of the metagame make it difficult for Froslass to be effective. Common priority users can limit it to one layer of Spikes, and the prevalence of Defog makes the Spikes that Froslass does set less valuableasier to remove (Defoggers don't really make Spikes less valuable, they still punish switch-ins. It just makes them easier to remove). Finally, it should be emphasized once again that Froslass faces great competition from the Deoxys formes as a suicide lead for hyper offensive teams. If you use it, it's important to utilize its advantages over them, or you will end up with an inferior Pokemon.

Suicide Spiker
########

Moves
========

Taunt stops othslower Pokemon from usetting Taunt on Froslasup boosts, settlaying up boostentry hazards, or usetting up hazardsTaunt themself. Spikes are used to punish your opponent's switches and make life easier for your other Pokemon. Destiny Bond is a great move to take advantage of the fact that Froslass is a suicide lead, and it pairs well with Focus Sash. Ice Beam KOes common Stealth Rock leads likesuch as unnecessary change; it is fine at the moment Garchomp and Landorus-T andwhile also 2HKOsing many common Defoggers. Icy Wind and Shadow Ball can be used instead in the final two slots to beat Deoxys-S, if you so desire (can you actually explain how this works; by slowing it down and breaking its sash simultaneously so you can KO it next turn while outspeeding). yes do this imo Shadow Ball alone has a good chance of KOing offensive Deoxys-S.

Set Details
========

Special Attack and Speed are maximized because Froslass is a frail and fast suicide lead, and the Special Attack investment letallows it do things like getsuch as this "such as" is better here guaranteeding a 2HKO on Latias. Cursed Body is a good ability to potentially get extra chances to set up by disabling an opponent's priority or Choice-locked attacks. Focus Sash is necessary to give Froslass an extra turn to use Spikes or Destiny Bond.

Usage Tips
========

Froslass will almost always be your lead, unless the opponent has something likesuch as nah "like" here is better Espeon or Mega Absol that makerenders it ineffective. If your opponent leads with something like Heatran or Gyarados that commonly sets up entry hazards or boosts, then it's best to use Taunt first. If instead they just have an all-out attacker, then start setting up Spikes. When Froslass is about to be KOed, a choice must be made. If you feel that you have enough layers of Spikes up and the attacking Pokemon is a threat to your team, then use Destiny Bond. If the Pokemon is not a threat, then an extra layer of Spikes may be more helpful. Be careful, as a savvy opponent may might know about Destiny Bond, expect it, and not attack the second time. If your opponent leads with Talonflame, trying to with the goal of limiting you to one layer withof Spikes by using Brave Bird, then you should use Destiny Bond the first turn. They will be forced to either switch to save their Talonflame, or attack again and let it be KOd. By doing this, you either eliminate what is probably a large threat to your team or scare the Talonflame out and get hazards up.

Team Options
========

Bisharp can discourage Defog once Froslass goes down. Defiant Thundurus or Competitive Milotic are also options in the same regard. Prankster Thundurus is good on offensive teams in general to stop sweepers with Thunder Wave or sweep with Nasty Plot. Tail Glow Manaphy is a Pokemon whose number of switch-ins is decreased with Spikes up. Belly Drum Azumarill is a potent sweeper that also enjoys having its checks weakened by entry hazards. Either Mega Evolution of Charizard can force switches and fit well on offensive teams. Offensive teams usually also want Stealth Rock, so a Pokemon that can set it up that, such as Terrakion, Garchomp, Landorus, or Landorus-T, (AC) isare good. Really, any good offensive Pokemon will fit on a team with Froslass and be able to take advantage of the Spikes.

Other Options
########

A bulkier set with Pain Split can be used to set up entry hazards throughout the match, but Froslass is still very frail. Thunderbolt is a decent option to get good coverage and hurt Pokemon like Skarmory, but Froslass doesn't want to give up any moveslots. Thunder Wave can cripple Pokemon. Hidden Power Fire 2HKOes Ferrothorn and Scizor, but is useless for in most othe most partr situations.

Checks & Counters
########

**Faster Attackers**: Although Froslass is quite fast, common Pokemon that outspeed it such as Greninja and Thundurus will limit it to one layer of entry hazards. Many Choice Scarf users such as Excadrill will also do the job.

**Deoxys Formes With Taunt formes that can Taunt it**: Deoxys-S outspeeds Froslass and can stops it from setting up hazardsSpikes with Taunt. A Deoxys-D with Magic Coat or Mental Herb will also be able to Taunt Froslass it.

**Priority Users**: Aegislash and Scizor can kill KO Froslass with Shadow Sneak and Bullet Punch, limiting it to one layer of Spikes at most. Other priority users likesuch as like is also ok here; swamp link it's up to youTalonflame and Azumarill are also effective.

**Rapid Spinners and Defoggers**: These Pokemon can remove Froslass's entry hazards once it is gone, although itFroslass does a good job of stopping these Pokemon while it'sthey're on the field with Taunt and its Ghost typing.

1/2

Last edited:
Themself is a word, according to Google and various other sources.
It's a word that is used, but it's as correct as using they as a gender-neutral singular pronoun (it isn't). Themself implies that the subject is singular, not plural as themselves would, but the antecedent of them never can be singular because it is a plural pronoun. The correct way when one wants to use themself would be himself or herself if the subject could be either gender, or itself if the subject is genderless.

Swamp Link

Deletions

Additions / Corrections
Comments

Overview
########

Although it might be overshadowed by the Deoxys formes as an entry hazard setter, Froslass is by no means unviable. A base 110 Speed makes it very fast, and in conjunction with its STAB Ice Beam, Froslass can beat many other hazard setters and Defoggers. As a Ghost-type, it can also spinblock for itself, so opponents can't KO it with Rapid Spin after knocking it down to its Focus Sash, wiping away its efforts. Unlike other suicide leads, Froslass makes use of Destiny Bond to ensure that you won't always be playing down with a Pokemon down in exchange for hazards either, though Unfortunately, this is reliant on good prediction, or lest you will just waste a turn. Froslass also has a nice ability in Cursed Body that sometimes allows it to get an extra layer of hazards. However, some aspects of the metagame make it difficult for Froslass to be effective. Common priority users can limit it to one layer of Spikes, and the prevalence of Defog makes the Spikes that Froslass does set easier to remove. Finally, it should be emphasized once again that Froslass faces great competition from the Deoxys formes as a suicide lead for hyper offensive teams. If you use it, it's important to utilize its advantages over them, or you will end up with an inferior Pokemon.

Suicide Spiker
########

Moves
========

Taunt stops slower Pokemon from setting up boosts, laying entry hazards, or using Taunt themselves. Spikes are is used to punish your opponent's switches and make life easier for your other Pokemon. Destiny Bond is a great move to take advantage of the fact that Froslass is a suicide lead and pairs well with Focus Sash. Ice Beam KOes common Stealth Rock leads like Garchomp and Landorus-T while also 2HKOing many common Defoggers.

Set Details
========

Special Attack and Speed are maximized because Froslass is a frail, (add comma) and fast suicide lead, and the Special Attack investment lets it do things nets it some important KOs, such as guaranteeing a 2HKO on Latias. Cursed Body is a good ability to potentially get extra chances to set up by disabling an opponent's priority or Choice-locked attacks. Focus Sash is necessary to give Froslass an extra turn to use Spikes or Destiny Bond.

Usage Tips
========

Froslass will almost always be your lead, unless the opponent has something like a Magic Bounce user such as Espeon or Mega Absol that renders it ineffective. If your opponent leads with something like Heatran or Gyarados that commonly sets up entry hazards or boosts, then it's best to use Taunt first. If instead they just have an all-out attacker, then start setting up Spikes. When Froslass is about to be KOed, a choice must be made. If you feel that you have enough layers of Spikes up and the attacking Pokemon is a threat to your team, then use Destiny Bond. If the Pokemon is not a threat, then an extra layer of Spikes may be more helpful. Be careful, as a savvy opponent might know about Destiny Bond, expect it, and not attack the second time. If your opponent leads with Talonflame with the goal of limiting you to one layer of Spikes by using Brave Bird, then you Froslass should use Destiny Bond the first turn. They will be forced to either switch to save their Talonflame, or attack again and let it be KOed. By doing this, you Froslass will either eliminate what is probably a large threat to your team or scare the Talonflame out and get hazards up.

Team Options
========

Bisharp or Defiant Thundurus can discourage Defog after Froslass goes down. Prankster Thundurus is good on offensive teams in general to stop sweepers with Thunder Wave or sweep with Nasty Plot. Tail Glow Manaphy is a Pokemon whose number of switch-ins is decreased with Spikes up (This sentence seems out of place here. Are you talking about Manaphy as a teammate? Please revise this part; it's quite unclear). Belly Drum Azumarill is a potent sweeper that also enjoys having its checks weakened by entry hazards. Either Mega Evolution of Charizard can force switches and fit well on offensive teams. Offensive teams usually also want Stealth Rock, so Pokemon that can set it up, such as Terrakion, Garchomp, Landorus, or Landorus-T, are good. Really, any good offensive Pokemon will fit on a team with Froslass and be able to take advantage of the Spikes.

Other Options
########

A bulkier set with Pain Split can be used to set up entry hazards throughout the match, but Froslass is still very frail. Thunderbolt is a decent option to get good coverage and hurt Pokemon like Skarmory, but Froslass doesn't want to give up any moveslots. Thunder Wave can cripple Pokemon. Hidden Power Fire 2HKOes Ferrothorn and Scizor, but is useless in most other situations.

Checks & Counters
########

**Deoxys-D**: Deoxys-D needs to have Magic Coat or the combination of Mental Herb and Taunt, but if it does, then it can Taunt Froslass to shut it down.

**Priority Users**: Aegislash and Scizor can KO Froslass with Shadow Sneak and Bullet Punch, limiting it to one layer of Spikes at most. Other priority users such as Talonflame and Azumarill are also effective.

**Rapid Spinners and Defoggers**: These Pokemon can remove Froslass's entry hazards once it is gone, although Froslass does a good job of stopping these Pokemon while it's on the field with Taunt and its Ghost typing.

Please address my comment in 'Team Options'. This was pretty solid otherwise, so

GP 2 / 2

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)