FU Metagame Discussion Thread (Heat Rock has been banned)

Status
Not open for further replies.

doomsday doink

v̶̱̅i̵̢̕l̶̦̈́ļ̵͗a̷̙̓g̸͈͝ę̵̎ ̵̱̌g̷̭͆û̷̦a̵̰͛ȓ̶̜d̸
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
ORAS FU

Welcome to the FU Metagame for ORAS! Because PU wasn't enough, FU allows all the PU Pokemon that are 3.4% or lower in the 1630 usage stats to be used. Surprisingly, there are quite a lot of decent Pokemon available to use.

FU is playable by simply challenging your friends on Pokemon Showdown (simply select PU on Pokemon Showdown and make sure that both players are aware that they should be using FU teams). You can easily go on SynIRC and join #fu to chat in real time with fellow FU players and maybe find battles.

FU Tier Leaders
Gary2346 & Mambo

FU Council
Kushalos
sugarhigh
Halcyon.
Magnemite

FU follows all standard Smogon clauses and bans. A team cannot have any of the Pokemon found in the following tiers: PU, NU, BL3, RU, BL2, UU, BL, OU, and Ubers.

List of FU Pokemon
http://pastebin.com/mhN0mPw8

Banlist
http://pastebin.com/QA1tsaJa by usage

Vigoroth

Chatot

Fraxure

Sticky Web

Heat Rock

Executive decisions made regarding FU will be posted in this thread by either myself or Gary2346

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad that this is happening because FU deserves recognition as PU and as every other formal tier, just because they use standard ruleset and usage! I don't see why people keeps bashing this metagame when is just as valid as any other...

The other thing that I would like to know is... This means that FU will have a ladder in Pokèmon Showdown Smogon server?

I'm hoping for it!

doomsday doink

v̶̱̅i̵̢̕l̶̦̈́ļ̵͗a̷̙̓g̸͈͝ę̵̎ ̵̱̌g̷̭͆û̷̦a̵̰͛ȓ̶̜d̸
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm glad that this is happening because FU deserves recognition as PU and as every other formal tier, just because they use standard ruleset and usage! I don't see why people keeps bashing this metagame when is just as valid as any other...

The other thing that I would like to know is... This means that FU will have a ladder in Pokèmon Showdown Smogon server?

I'm hoping for it!
For the time being, FU will not have a ladder on the PS main server. However, I will be working with a friend to try to possibly establish an FU ladder on another PS server.
Two questions about FU:

Where is this playable?

Why was vigoroth banned?
This is currently playable simply by challenging a friend to a PU match under the guidelines of FU. As I said above, hopefully I can get a challenge option and a ladder up and running on another server. If I accomplish this, I'll be sure to post in this thread to alert everyone.

As for Vigoroth, here's a quick excerpt by Gary2346 from when Vigoroth was still in the tier regarding why it was banned:
While Regice may be the king of FU, it's safe to say that Vigoroth is FU Jesus. Jokes aside though, Regice is broken, but Vigoroth is just plain ridiculous. Never have I seen a Pokemon single handedly turn a tier into a cesspool of shit. Even with Regice in the tier, FU was still playable. Once this thing was discovered, the tier pretty much went full retard and now every team is dedicated to either beating Vigoroth or sweeping with Vigoroth. The set listed above has the capability of 6-0 every team archetype in FU against with very little effort. All you have to do is Taunt the occasional phazer/status user, spam Bulk Up, Slack Off when needed, win. And it's not that simple to check Vigoroth either. The monkeys are doing only about 60ish percent with a Life Orb Focus Blast, and other really powerful special attackers such as Regice, Seviper, and Specs Electabuzz can just be stalled out of Life Orb recoil/PP. And then you have hard counters like Metang and Lairon, which find themselves being complete set up bait. Even if its Eviolite is Knocked off, its still able to tank hits like a champ and set up in your face. The ONLY way to beat Vigoroth is to either set up with your own Vigoroth first, or use a Ghost-type such as Gourgeist-S, Lampent, or Misdreavus, as they are immune to its only attacking move. However, only a fool would pass up on the opportunity to pair Vig with Scarf Krokorok, which just so happens to carry a move called Pursuit, therefore removing your one and only saving grace.
Vigoroth @ Eviolite
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Taunt
- Return
- Slack Off

Oh nice, FU got moved to a much better home( or you can say a less abusive home as well)

Still wondering why I'm not in the council but no pressure. Everything is going to be so much better for our tier/meta. I just don't want Arbok back, thing was cancer to so many teams.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Agreeing that Clef is really awful, but on the bright side it's gone in a month

Yes.

At the moment anything FU related is halted in preparation for a major meta change that's about to happen. Details on that change will hopefully be revealed sometime tomorrow if all goes well.
Major meta change? I wanna know what it is pleeeeeeeeeeeaaaaasseeeeeeee!

PU being official? FU becoming the new PU? Can I get my TU tier to light? *_* I'm getting excited!!!!!!!! *me hyperventilating in 3, 2, 1...

Major meta change? I wanna know what it is pleeeeeeeeeeeaaaaasseeeeeeee!

PU being official? FU becoming the new PU? Can I get my TU tier to light? *_* I'm getting excited!!!!!!!! *me hyperventilating in 3, 2, 1...
lol what would be the state of you if it is as simple as Fraxure or smth being suspect tested.

That doesn't sound "major" to me, since getting some underused pokes doesn't seem like a huge thing considering that if they aren't used a lot is just because they don't have real impact on the meta...

Fraxure being suspected could be something bigger than just changing tiering stats since it is a huge threat, but I dunno... Not as big as I expect...

I'm really expecting PU becoming the new NU, actual NU becoming BU (Barely Used) and FU becoming the new PU and getting a perma ladder (I expect FU keeping its name... PU doesn't having a real meaning is kinda... Dissapointing and Dissonating)

And then me and my friends could again try to get TU over the table to keep the hate on those OTM that are just based on usage below NU xD

P.D.: I hope FU gives TU a little space on their forum... :D
I think we should stop speculating and just let him announce it.

I'm sorry if I gave you guys the wrong idea--I told you I'd *look into* FU getting a challenge-only option. The move to conform with the other tiers in terms of using three-month 1630 usage rather than one month of 1760 usage is something I insisted on if FU was to have a stickied thread in this forum. I just heard from the OM heads that they already told you no, and I'm not overriding their decision. I'm also not in charge of this forum, so it's not my call about forcing you all to use the 1630-based banlist, but I would really rather you all did.

I apologize for any confusion.

Edit: I also want to clarify that, at least from a historical perspective, FU does not stand for "Forgot to Use."

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
at least we got our shit back

edit: just for clarification that's still fucking bullshit sigh

Last edited:
at least we got our shit back
I mean, that's up to your tier leaders. Frankly, there is no justifiable reason for you to be using a different method of tiering than every other Smogon metagame. Not even the OU-UU cutoff is based on 1760 stats. To give you an idea why, consider the fact that every 20 games that Crimzig played last month (I'm assuming it's the same player) raised the usage of their Pokemon by a full percentage point. That makes FU extremely vulnerable to what I call "Molking," which in layman's terms is when a top player decides to troll and get a garbage poke out of a lower tier simply by using it a lot in the tier above.

Last edited:

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
RE: HUGE FU ANNOUNCEMENT

Okay so despite the miscommunication about FU getting a challenge option, we're still going to keep the stats 1630. Although these stats are less than satisfactory, in the future IF PU becomes official and if FU ends up becoming the new PU tier, we will need to conform to the 1630 stats eventually. It's only a matter of time until we have to switch over, so we might as well just get used to it. Sorry if I got all of your guy's hopes up. We're still going to have a tier shift next month.

Without further ado, here are the new changes with the 1630 stats being implemented immediately:

Rises:

Flareon
Dodrio
Leavanny
Articuno
Driftblim
Lapras
Electrode
Meowstic
Luxray
Gigalith
Clefairy

Drops:

Duosion
Heatmor
Onix
Munchlax

Here is the list of the new usage list: http://pastebin.com/mhN0mPw8

Sorry again guys. Have fun with the new meta!

PS: Fraxure is still broken.

Kushalos

ÜN ÜN ÜN
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
OUPL Champion
RE: HUGE FU ANNOUNCEMENT

Okay so despite the miscommunication about FU getting a challenge option, we're still going to keep the stats 1630. Although these stats are less than satisfactory, in the future IF PU becomes official and if FU ends up becoming the new PU tier, we will need to conform to the 1630 stats eventually. It's only a matter of time until we have to switch over, so we might as well just get used to it. Sorry if I got all of your guy's hopes up. We're still going to have a tier shift next month.

Without further ado, here are the new changes with the 1630 stats being implemented immediately:

Rises:

Flareon
Dodrio
Leavanny
Articuno
Driftblim
Lapras
Electrode
Meowstic
Luxray
Gigalith
Clefairy

Drops:

Duosion
Heatmor
Onix
Munchlax

Here is the list of the new usage list: http://pastebin.com/mhN0mPw8

Sorry again guys. Have fun with the new meta!

PS: Fraxure is still broken.
How is this going to affect PUPL?

Wow... It was actually a huge change...
I'm gonna miss Cuno... But I'm happy that Clef is gone! With those two out, I guess Fraxure will wreck havok easily...

Also I've gotta say that using the same tiering criteria as official tiers is the first step for being accepted by Smogon Community and then getting a perma ladder!

Congrats Gary and all the FU leaders on reaching that decision!

See ya guys!

Last edited:

termi

bike is short for bichael
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
I'm sorry if I gave you guys the wrong idea--I told you I'd *look into* FU getting a challenge-only option. The move to conform with the other tiers in terms of using three-month 1630 usage rather than one month of 1760 usage is something I insisted on if FU was to have a stickied thread in this forum. I just heard from the OM heads that they already told you no, and I'm not overriding their decision. I'm also not in charge of this forum, so it's not my call about forcing you all to use the 1630-based banlist, but I would really rather you all did.

I apologize for any confusion.

Edit: I also want to clarify that, at least from a historical perspective, FU does not stand for "Forgot to Use."
Mmm, but considering FU has "moved in" with PU (and PU has gotten a top level forum, therefore practically cutting all remaining ties we had with the OM subforum), can't we say that FU technically falls under PU's jurisdiction and therefore the PU leaders (or at least someone else than the OM heads) should be able to decide if FU deserves a built-in challenge-only option? It seems to make sense to me to a degree, at least.

Mmm, but considering FU has "moved in" with PU (and PU has gotten a top level forum, therefore practically cutting all remaining ties we had with the OM subforum), can't we say that FU technically falls under PU's jurisdiction and therefore the PU leaders (or at least someone else than the OM heads) should be able to decide if FU deserves a built-in challenge-only option? It seems to make sense to me to a degree, at least.
FU is still an OM bro. PU leaders have no say in what goes or what doesn't go on PS!. PU is an unofficial metagame (meaning it's still an OM too). They don't get suspect test ladders, custom ladders like no mega/scald, etc. They don't get or decide anything.

Oh and the OM leaders do have jurisdiction over what goes under "Other Metagames" on the sim.

Last edited:

brightobject

there like moonlight
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
;;;; where'd my banner go guys?

Jokes aside though, just getting into this metagame and it is fun as hell. Will add my thoughts regarding the metagame later, haven't played enough matches yet but so far it's been crazy and fun :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)