FU Viability Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
FU Viability Rankings

Welcome to the official FU viability rankings. Just like every other ranking thread, we as a community will be ranking Pokemon found in the FU metagame by their viability.

Keep in mind that a lot of Pokemon are still being tested, thus many have yet to be ranked.

The general idea of the topic is to rank each FU pokemon under "rankings" that go in descending order. Since this is a general tier list, everything is lumped together. There won't be any segregation between offense & defense threats.
  • EX: Raticate can be ranked in A+ tier as an offensive threat, Quilladin can be ranked under A+ as a supportive threat and Dusclops can be can also be ranked in B+ tier as a defensive threat. These are just examples not representative of their future or current ranks.
Ranking Council:

Gary2346
Mambo
Kushalos
sugarhigh
Pokemon being discussed:

• Everything :o
S Rank: Reserved for Pokemon that are amazing in the FU metagame. These Pokemon are usually able to perform a variety of roles effectively, or can just do one extremely well. Their use has low risk involved and high reward exerted. Pokemon in this rank have very few flaws that are patched up by numerous positive traits. These Pokemon have a very high amount of viability.

S+ rank

Electabuzz - "MLK"
Simisage - "Simicyook"

S Rank

Simisear - "Simicyook-Gay"

A Rank: Reserved for Pokemon that are fantastic in the FU metagame. These Pokemon require less support than most others to be used effectively and have few flaws that can easily be compensated for when compared to their positive traits. These Pokemon have a high amount of viability.
A+ Rank

Krokorok
Lairon
Murkrow
Quilladin - "Dan"
Raticate
Zweilous - "Bob Saget"

A Rank

Huntail
Seviper

A- Rank

Butterfree
Gogoat
Gourgeist-S - "Fuckmambo-S"
Gigalith
Klang
Metang
Persian
Regigigas
Scraggy
Swoobat
Wartortle
Whirlipede
Wigglytuff

B Rank: Reserved for Pokemon that are great in the FU metagame. These Pokemon have more notable flaws than those above them that affect how they function in the tier. Their positive traits still outshine their negatives, but they require a bit more team support to bring out their full potential. These Pokemon have a good amount of viability.
B+ Rank

Beartic
Dragonair
Duosion
Dwebble
Fearow
Heatmor
Volbeat
Purugly
Servine
Swalot
Vanilluxe
Whiscash

B Rank

Bellossom
Carbink
Ditto
Frogadier
Furfrou
Girafarig
Gourgeist-L - "Fuckmambo-L"
Marshstomp
Seaking
Shelgon
Spritzee
Walrein

B- Rank

Dusclops
Hippopotas
Lampent
Magcargo
Magnemite
Mothim
Munchlax
Noctowl
Shedinja
Slaking
Wormadam-Trash

C Rank: Reserved for Pokemon that have notable niches in the FU metagame, but have just as many notable flaws that prevent them from being effective. Pokemon in the C tier often require significant support to be effective. Pokemon from this rank tend to face a lot of competition with the more commonly used Pokemon. These Pokemon have a small amount of viability.

C+ Rank

Chimecho
Croconaw
Dedenne
Diglett
Natu
Octillery
Onix
Pikachu
Trapinch
Unfezant
Venipede
Yanma
C Rank

Carvanha
Delibird
Emolga
Glaceon
Sliggoo
Staravia
Sudowoodo
C- Rank

Bastiodon
Lickitung
Lumineon
Slowpoke
Snover
Tentacool

D Rank: Reserved for Pokemon that are mediocre in the FU metagame, but are viable enough to justify their use on select teams. These Pokemon are either usable but have no real niche, or are only capable of doing their specific task and fail at doing anything more than that. Pokemon from this rank have multiple crippling flaws that prevent them from being successful a majority of the time, and are often severely outclassed because of it. These Pokemon have very little viability

D Rank

Anorith
Magmar
Marill
Sandshrew

E Rank: Reserved for Pokemon that are unviable in the FU metagame, and have no place on any serious team.

Dustox
Furret
Unown
Watchog

Last edited by a moderator:

Unranked ---> B+

why tf is this thing unranked lol, its easily one of the scarier sweepers in the tier from what i've played. outspeeds buzz after a DD and OHKO's all of the S ranks and most of the A ranks with a combination of Waterfall, Ice Punch, and Rock Slide. Not the easiest thing to set up b/c its frail without an eviolite but once it does it cleans alot of games against offense (unless you bring electroweb wormadam-t fuk u Mambo).

Recently in FU, i have been using quite a bit of dwebble offense. dwebble offense stands out to me as a great way to run hyper offense in this tier. Dwebble + 5 settup sweepers actually works purely because balance teams dont have much room in which to operate. Obviously, Dwebbles main niche is the fact it gets both spikes + sr, but the reason why it stands out to me as quite good is that it isnt settup fodder. In conjunction with shell smash + rock blast and a custap berry as its item, dwebble manages to settup alongside threatening mons like fraxure that lack taunt, huntail, or things that you would just like damage on. Dwebble in my opinion is a great tool for hyper offense, since it allows you to run more settup sweepers, and pressure opponents with hazards. And with hazards control being relatively difficult (wartortle is the only ok spinner, defoggers are rare and most of them are act beaten by dwebble if no scald burn)

I think dwebble deserves to rise from B+ ---> A-

Recently in FU, i have been using quite a bit of dwebble offense. dwebble offense stands out to me as a great way to run hyper offense in this tier. Dwebble + 5 settup sweepers actually works purely because balance teams dont have much room in which to operate. Obviously, Dwebbles main niche is the fact it gets both spikes + sr, but the reason why it stands out to me as quite good is that it isnt settup fodder. In conjunction with shell smash + rock blast and a custap berry as its item, dwebble manages to settup alongside threatening mons like fraxure that lack taunt, huntail, or things that you would just like damage on. Dwebble in my opinion is a great tool for hyper offense, since it allows you to run more settup sweepers, and pressure opponents with hazards. And with hazards control being relatively difficult (wartortle is the only ok spinner, defoggers are rare and most of them are act beaten by dwebble if no scald burn)

I think dwebble deserves to rise from B+ ---> A-
Setting up on dwebble and losing was the way a lot of fu (and bw pu) games went and the fact that it gives free turns to pretty much any sweeper is why this isn't in the A ranks :/

Gary

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

Unranked ---> B+

why tf is this thing unranked lol, its easily one of the scarier sweepers in the tier from what i've played. outspeeds buzz after a DD and OHKO's all of the S ranks and most of the A ranks with a combination of Waterfall, Ice Punch, and Rock Slide. Not the easiest thing to set up b/c its frail without an eviolite but once it does it cleans alot of games against offense (unless you bring electroweb wormadam-t fuk u Mambo).
I'm not entirely sure why I would want to use Croc over Kingler though. Even a +1 Croc barely outdamages Kingler, and Kingler has a better Speed boosting move in Agility as well as Knock Off/X-Scissor for Grass-types. The only advantage Croc has over Kingler is bulk with Eviolite, but Kingler can run Life Orb or Salac Berry and still has a decent amount of physical bulk to set up on shit.

Croc isn't a bad Pokemon in all honesty, Kingler just seems like it completely outclasses it as a boosting sweeper. It can be ranked, but as long as Kingler is in the tier, it just seems very inferior to it.

Twix

jicama
is a Contributor Alumnus
(Unranked -> B)

Pignite seems like it would be an interesting wallbreaker, with access to STAB Close Combat and STAB Flare Blitz, as well as Eviolite and a respectable 93 Base Attack. It has access to interesting coverage moves such as Wild Charge, Sucker Punch, and Grass Knot. Pignite can even run a defensive set with moves such as Taunt, Roar, Will-O-Wisp, and Toxic, as well as a resistance to Knock Off. While it can face competition from the lord Flareon, it's support moves and coverage sets it apart.

Kushalos

ÜN ÜN ÜN
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
OUPL Champion
(Unranked -> B)

Pignite seems like it would be an interesting wallbreaker, with access to STAB Close Combat and STAB Flare Blitz, as well as Eviolite and a respectable 93 Base Attack. It has access to interesting coverage moves such as Wild Charge, Sucker Punch, and Grass Knot. Pignite can even run a defensive set with moves such as Taunt, Roar, Will-O-Wisp, and Toxic, as well as a resistance to Knock Off. While it can face competition from the lord Flareon, it's support moves and coverage sets it apart.
nah C rank is fine for it

Unranked ---> B+

Eeeeeeh, allow me to disagree with that.
Through i don't have anything against maybe B Rank, B+ seems a little bit high to me.
You see, being fast enough to outspeed Buzz, and it's power is kind of nice, but like, on the other side, even through you've mentionned it, Croconaw does struggle to setup. Now let's take a look at the S Ranks, does Croconaw setup on any of them? Nope.
A Ranks are a bit better, but it still doesn't setup on much of them either, only passive threats w/out status that isn't Toxic.
Overall, Croconaw can indeed sweep offense if it finds an opportunity to setup, but let's say the meta isn't exactly in its favor.
Also, competition with Kingler doesn't help.

Ah and Carnivine for A- because HJAD just lost to it when i brought it.

(unranked ----> B or B+)

Gloom is a fucking amazing guys and cute af. It essentially walls electrics, fairy (clefairy), waters, etc in the same slot which is great for teams that need to squeeze in resistances n such. Its a great defensive pivot due to this and being able to wall electrics over and over is a huge boon for teams that hate electabuzz (aka any team rofl). Furthermore it hits pretty dam hard for a nfe pokemon and has the ability to actually invest in special attack due to eviolite. Furthermore it is able to status teams (mainly sleep) and basically a pretty annoying pokemon in general to face. Though it still has its faults mainly ice types such as articuno or beartic that basically gain free momentum on gloom. However despite these flaws gloom is a great team compression pokemon for balance and offense teams alike as it pivots a majority of the metagame.

replays with gloom
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-pu-69400 pupl wk 2

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-pu-70681 pupl wk 3

(A- -> A)

Flareon is ridiculously good in the metagame right now. Clefairy is a dominating force, Simisear is hard as fuck for offensive teams to switch into, and we just lost Simipour which was a pretty big thorn in Flareon's side. CB Flareon is simply a massive wallbreaker, doing upwards of 85% to physically defensive Murkrow, over half with Flare Blitz to Eviolite Fraxure, almost just OHKOing Clefairy, and just completely annihilating anything and everything that doesn't resist Flare Blitz. It also helps that Flareon gets Quick Attack which allows it to clean up weakened offensive teams, Baton Pass to provide it a "get out of jail free" card for easy momentum, and even Flame Charge to cleanup late-game. Here are a few calcs of Flareon's strength:

252+ Atk Choice Band Flareon Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 176 Def Eviolite Clefairy: 288-340 (83.7 - 98.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Flareon Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Murkrow: 253-298 (78 - 91.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Flareon Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Swanna: 234-276 (80.4 - 94.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (resist lol)
252+ Atk Choice Band Flareon Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Eviolite Fraxure: 144-169 (52.7 - 61.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Flareon Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Simisear: 234-276 (80.4 - 94.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (rof)
252+ Atk Choice Band Flareon Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Gabite: 102-120 (30 - 35.2%) -- 89.8% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock
(that's pretty insane considering that's a max/max gabite)
252+ Atk Choice Band Flareon Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gabite: 229-270 (82.6 - 97.4%) -- 25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Choice Band Flareon Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Politoed: 140-165 (36.4 - 42.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Flareon Flare Blitz vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Wartortle: 89-105 (27.7 - 32.7%) -- 88.8% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Choice Band Flareon Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Golduck: 198-234 (65.7 - 77.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Oh, and it also gets Superpower, which is fun.

Gary

(unranked ----> B or B+)

Gloom is a fucking amazing guys and cute af. It essentially walls electrics, fairy (clefairy), waters, etc in the same slot which is great for teams that need to squeeze in resistances n such. Its a great defensive pivot due to this and being able to wall electrics over and over is a huge boon for teams that hate electabuzz (aka any team rofl). Furthermore it hits pretty dam hard for a nfe pokemon and has the ability to actually invest in special attack due to eviolite. Furthermore it is able to status teams (mainly sleep) and basically a pretty annoying pokemon in general to face. Though it still has its faults mainly ice types such as articuno or beartic that basically gain free momentum on gloom. However despite these flaws gloom is a great team compression pokemon for balance and offense teams alike as it pivots a majority of the metagame.

replays with gloom
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-pu-69400 pupl wk 2

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-pu-70681 pupl wk 3
What does Gloom do that Ivysaur doesn't? Ivy is a bit weaker, but it has Knock Off and it is significantly faster, and it has everything else Gloom has.

What does Gloom do that Ivysaur doesn't? Ivy is a bit weaker, but it has Knock Off and it is significantly faster, and it has everything else Gloom has.
Gloom could have a niche being able to deal with Specially Defensive Zweilous using Dazzling Gleam (Modest and fully invested get a clean 2HKO against 252/252+) and can be ev'd to handle +1 Jolly Fraxure Outrage and get the kill if it is weakened easier than Ivysaur thanks to a slightly higher Physical bulk (even though it also have a slightly lower special bulk). Also I guess that under Sun, Gloom still has enough speed to deal with most of the things that Ivy could and outside sun, it could also have enough speed to outpace most walls...

Gloom could have a niche being able to deal with Specially Defensive Zweilous using Dazzling Gleam (Modest and fully invested get a clean 2HKO against 252/252+) and can be ev'd to handle +1 Jolly Fraxure Outrage and get the kill if it is weakened easier than Ivysaur thanks to a slightly higher Physical bulk (even though it also have a slightly lower special bulk). Also I guess that under Sun, Gloom still has enough speed to deal with most of the things that Ivy could and outside sun, it could also have enough speed to outpace most walls...
well one of the main niches gloom has over ivy is effect spore so I can't see how it's performance in sun compared with non sun ivysaur is really irrelevant lol

Also ivysaur should be like b-/b probably for the reason sugarhigh mentioned

So I brought this up in the old thread and it was completely ignored. But now that I've actually had a few games I want to bring it back up as Dedenne definitely deserves to be ranked.

Dedenne is a fantastic pivot in the current meta, with it unique typing allowing it to reliably check the likes of the 3 most powerful pokemon in the tier, being Electabuzz, Fraxure, and Murkrow.
This Physically defensive pivot set;
Dedenne @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Cheek Pouch
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Nuzzle
- Play Rough
- U-Turn
- Recycle
Is not only capable of checking those, but also Electrode, Zweilous, Scraggy, Yanma, Luxray, Emolga, and more.
Nuzzle is a great utility move, being able to widely spread Paralysis while not being prevented by Taunt, and also breaking Sturdy/Sash. Hence stopping Dedenne from being set up fodder. Play Rough is decent STAB with a small chance to get clutch Atk Drops. U-Turn is the pivoting move of choice so that the set isn't stopped by Ground types.
Sitrus + Cheek Pouch + Recycle is actually really good recovery, healing over 50% every time you fall below half HP. Be careful of Knock Off though.

This was my 1st game in FU, so the quality is probably really poor and I lose, but Dedenne definitely fulfils its role perfectly and shows why it should be ranked. It would have done even better if I had known I couldn't recycle Knocked Off items.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-246469597
Lol yeah I know I suck but Dedenne is good.

Another set I feel Dedenne would be able to pull off well is an offensive Magnet Rise pivot.
Something like;
Dedenne @ Sitrus/Kebia/Petaya Berry
Ability: Cheek Pouch
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magnet Rise
- Hidden Power Ice
- Thunderbolt / Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt / Volt Switch / Recycle / Substitute
The last couple slots depend on what Berry you are using. Basically this set would be a good offensive pivot. Its outclassed by Electabuzz in a few aspects, but the niches given by your chosen berry, and Magnet Rise + Electric / Fairy typing are enough to make a big difference. In particular, Dedenne's combination of Fairy typing, Magnet Rise, HP Ice and good speed allow it to counter things like Krokorok, Gabite, and Vibrava.

Lastly, a couple of the latest tier shifts benefit Dedenne quite nicely. Arbok was of course a massive threat to Dedenne, and Dedenne is one of the very few pokemon that can grab momentum vs Stunfisk thanks to U-Turn and Electric typing ignoring Static. And the Magnet Rise set beats Stunfisk.

tl;dr Dedenne can be a great offensive or defensive pivot, with a lot of great utility tools. Its unique typing is very good in this meta and allows it to check a lot of threats, including all 3 S+ and S rank mons. It has benefitted from the latest tier shift, and deserves to be used and ranked.
Not certain where it should be ranked yet as I am still largely unfamiliar with the tier, which is why I encourage people to undergo further testing on Dedenne.

Gary

Removed all the Pokemon that rose in the tier update.

Zweilous A- ---> A+
Heatmor added to A-
Duosion added to B

doomsday doink

v̶̱̅i̵̢̕l̶̦̈́ļ̵͗a̷̙̓g̸͈͝ę̵̎ ̵̱̌g̷̭͆û̷̦a̵̰͛ȓ̶̜d̸
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
So the most recent tier shift has pretty much destroyed the FU meta that we know and love, and we're gonna have to adapt to some big meta changes. This means that some old threats have only gotten better so I'd like to nominate Metang and Quilladin for S-. Both have gotten only more valuable with the loss of Clefairy and Articuno, with the former acting as the only true counter to Fraxure and the latter somehow becoming an even more reliable Spike stacker. Both already had solidified places in the metagame but now merit a spot on almost every single team.

I'd also like to nominate Klang for B+/A-. Once opposing Steel-types have been removed, it can easily snowball into an absolute monster. It's also insanely bulky so it can set up on a solid chunk of the metagame. I'm sure Kushalos will back me up on this one.

Hey so I admittedly haven't played much of this meta but is there a reason Luvdisc isn't E-ranked? iirc this VR has to rank every fully-evolved Pokémon not in an above tier (hence why Unown is ranked lol), and I suppose the only reason something wouldn't be ranked is because it hasn't extensively been tested yet and hence we can't fairly judge it's viability. But I'm not really seeing anything Luvdisc can do that, well... any water-type can't do a thousand times better, so E-rank fits perfectly.
Not exactly priority lol it just makes sense to me :V

Gary

Update
Quillidin A+ --> S-: Quillidin is for sure one of the best support Pokemon in the tier at the moment. Not only is it the best overall spiker in the tier that can fit on very offensive and bulkier builds, it's also a check to a ton of top tier threats, such as Krokorok, Rampardos, Electabuzz, Gogoat, Gabite, and Lairon. Its ability to set up Spikes in the face of so many Pokemon very reliably as well as having recovery, Taunt, and impressive mixed bulk, Quillidin is a staple on practically every team archetype and is the cornerstone of hazard offense.

Metang stays in A+: I'm wary about moving Metang to S-, not just because of the very inevitable ban of Fraxure (which doesn't matter because the VR is supposed to represent the current meta) but also outside of being one of the only Pokemon that can wall Fraxure, I just don't see it being nearly as meta defining as the other S rank Pokemon. Metang is comparable the most to Quillidin, as Quill is S- rank for its amazing supporting ability as well as being able to set up Spikes so well, aka one of the best moves in the tier. Metang is a very good pivot don't get me wrong, but I just don't think its ability to wall Fraxure despite how crazy Fraxure is at the moment, warrants it a spot in S- rank. I'm not saying Metang is only good for walling Frax, as it can check a lot of other Pokemon, but with the absence of Articuno, I feel that even with Frax being so good, Metang just doesn't leave nearly as much of an impact on the rest of the meta that the other S rank Pokemon have.

Krokorok A --> A+: With Clefairy gone and bulky Pokemon such as Lapras gone that can stomach its hits, Krokorok has very little reliable switch-ins in the current metagame. STAB Knock Off is literally impossible to switch into without some kind of repercussion (such as taking a lot of damage or losing an important item). Not only has its offensive pivot set with Eviolite gotten more usage + viability, but its Choice Scarf set is an incredibly dangerous revenge killer/cleaner at the moment. Its ability to come in so often and spam its STAB moves as well as Pursuit trapping things like Metang for Fraxure makes it a serious team player that will never fail to disappoint. It's an obvious promotion in my opinion.

Klang B --> B+: Klang is indeed a very good cleaner at the moment that can set up on a lot of shit, and its pure Steel-typing allows it to take on more shit than Lairon. A- rank is a pretty big jump though, for now B+ seems like a good benchmark, I may raise it in the future.

Also the reason all the terrible E rank Pokemon haven't been added yet is because, well, we have better things to rank than useless Pokemon. Once the VR is finished ranking most of the viable Pokemon, we will move onto ranking the worthless ones, but until then, it seems useless to worry about them right now.

Last edited:
Dunsparce Unranked --> C

With Clefairy gone Dunsparce now has a niche of being one of the few rock setters with reliable recovery. Also with its decent bulk and hax shenanigans it is actually scary to switch into without having something to take paralysis.

rubsomebacononit

I was cringe and annoying when I was on smogon RIP
is a Contributor Alumnus
I'm going to nominate Servine to A-

Servine @ Eviolite
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Knock Off
- Glare / Taunt
- Giga Drain / Hidden Power [Ice] / Hidden Power [Fire]

The new FU meta was really generous to Servine. Because of Articuno, Dodrio, Arbok, and Flareon rising and Onix, Rampardos, and Stunfisk dropping, Servine has an easier time sweeping. Servine also has many options its its movepool including Knock Off, Glare, and Taunt, making it a great anti-lead. It also has a wonderful speed tier that allows it to outspeed Pokemon such as Krokorok, which is a huge threat right now, and Quilladin, which is great at setting up Spikes. Knock Off is really useful because of the amount of NFEs and the limited amount of Knock Off users. However, Servine has 4MSS, which is an issue, and it is walled by Fire-types such as Simisear and Heatmor. Gogoat is also immune to Leaf Storm, and an all out attacker set can be a problem for Servine, as it is 2HKOed by Aerial Ace, but Servine has no trouble tanking its Bulk Up set thanks to Taunt and Glare. It also lacks immediate power and has to rely on Leaf Storm to gain boosts. Despite these flaws, I believe that Servine should definitely rise because of how good it is becoming in the meta.

Last edited:

Kushalos

ÜN ÜN ÜN
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
OUPL Champion
I'm going to nominate Servine to A-

Servine @ Eviolite
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Knock Off
- Glare / Taunt
- Giga Drain / Hidden Power [Ice] / Hidden Power [Fire]

The new FU meta was really generous to Servine. Because of Articuno, Dodrio, Arbok, and Flareon rising and Onix, Rampardos, and Stunfisk dropping, Servine has an easier time sweeping. Servine also has many options its its movepool including Knock Off, Glare, and Taunt, making it a great anti-lead. It also has a wonderful speed tier that allows it to outspeed Pokemon such as Krokorok, which is a huge threat right now, and Quilladin, which is great at setting up Spikes. Knock Off is really useful because of the amount of NFEs and the limited amount of Knock Off users. However, Servine has 4MSS, which is an issue, and it is walled by Fire-types such as Simisear and Heatmor. Gogoat is also immune to Leaf Storm, and an all out attacker set can be a problem for Servine, as it is 2HKOed by Aerial Ace, but Servine has no trouble tanking its Bulk Up set thanks to Taunt and Glare. It also lacks immediate power and has to rely on Leaf Storm to gain boosts. Despite these flaws, I believe that Servine should definitely rise because of how good it is becoming in the meta.
It doesn't need Knock since you'll usually be boosting anyway, it's better to run storm giga hidden power and then glare taunt or synthesis

Gary

Fraxure is gone, so lots of shit is going to change on the rankings. I'm going to wait to update this for a good couple of days after this update so we can test some shit out and see how much the meta is effected with Frax gone, but I'm going to make some obvious changes and some changes that Mambo and I decided need to happen.

Simisage S- ---> S: Simisage is easily one of the best Pokemon in the tier right now; it's as good if not better than Murkrow. Outside of niche shit such as Swalot, it has absolutely zero reliable switch-ins, and with coverage moves out the wazoo it can completely dismantle defensive cores and slaughter Pokemon commonly found on offensive teams. Fraxure was bulky enough to take any one of its hits and set up a DD on Simisage or just straight kill it with Outrage, + it was one of the few things that could switch into the Leaf Storm + coverage move combination. With Fraxure gone, Simisage lost a huge check commonly found on offensive teams and now finds it a lot easier to tear apart offense. I'm not even going to lie, I can see Simisage going S+ in the future depending on how well the meta adapts to it. It's just so good right now, and it can find its way on practically any offensive team.

Simisear A+ --->S-: Simisear lost a big check in the form of Flareon during the shift, as well as a few random shit such as AV Lapras, SpD Gigalith, and Electrode which could outspeed it and deal heavy damage to it. However, Simisear still wasn't S- material because of Fraxure being so common and just checking the ever living fuck out of it, even the sets that carried HP Ice. Now with one of its biggest checks gone, Simisear is easily S- material, because outside of Heatmor (which is 2HKOed by Focus Blast) there is hardly anything that can switch into Simisear at the moment. Specs is an incredible wallbreaker that is practically impossible to switch into if you're using an offensive team, while Nasty Plot just straight cleaves through bulky cores.

Dragonair B ---> B+: With Fraxure gone, the viability of other Dragon-types has skyrocketed considering that there's nothing to give them competition. Dragonair is an interesting Pokemon because it's quite versatile, it's bulky and has an very wide movepool which allows it to be tailored specifically to what your team needs. While the more physical DD sets face competition from fellow NFE Shelgon, its access to the coveted ExtremeSpeed allows it to clean up offensive teams that more reliably, as well as giving Nair a strong priority move to pick off weakened sweepers. Its special sets are surprinsgly more effective, despite its lower SpA stat. Its special movepool is huge, which gives it an option for practically every major threat in the meta; Surf for Lairon and Stunfisk, Fire Blast for Klang and Quilladin, Thunderbolt for bulky Water-types, etc. Its abilities are also solid too; Marvel Scale allows it to become a dangerous status absorber while Shed Skin does much the same but also lets it run Rest without the need for Sleep Talk. Haze + Draco is also a really cool strat that I already explained about early. Anyways, Dragonair is a really cool Dragon-type that seperates itself from the other Dragons in the tier by its versatility.

Shelgon added to B+: Shelgon was completely useless in a Fraxure meta, because other than its higher defense stat, Shelgon was hopelessly outclassed. With Fraxure gone, Shelgon can finally shine as one of the best Dragon Dancers in the tier. While its physical movepool is bare compared to Dragonair, its higher Attack stat as well as its higher overall bulk makes it a superior DDer. Dragonair might have been a better Dancer in a Clef meta because of its access to Iron Tail, but because Fairy is very uncommon outside of Wiggly and Spritzee (which has no offensive presence) all Shelgon needs is Brick Break to break through Steels such as Lairon and Klang. It can also run a solid bulky RestTalk DD set, but it needs significantly more support because it cant touch Lairon. Still, Shelgon's very solid bulk and high Attack stat allows it to deal massive damage to offensive teams as well as checking the fuck out of a lot of Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)