Fully Offensive team

The highest this team has ever got to is #237 IRC. Which is bad. Which is why I'm doing this in hopes that if I make it detailed, you guys would be gracious enough to give me tips. >.>

Overall Team

Detailed

Rayquaza @ Focus Sash
Trait: Air Lock
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Mild Nature (+SAtk, -Def)
- Draco Meteor
- Thunder Wave
- ExtremeSpeed
- Fire Blast

Alright. Rayquaza is the lead because with focus sash handling his poor defenses, he can take out quite a lot of things. Draco meteor + Extreme speed is his main damage. After dealing massive damage with draco meteor, extreme speed can give that extra peck of damage if the opponent is scarfed. Draco meteor alone can OHK palkia and Mewtwo, and Draco meteor + extreme speed deals a good 80% or so to scarfed kyogre. Fire blast is a given, and thunder wave is to wreck switch-ins.

Groudon @ Leftovers
Trait: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Thunder Wave

Groudon is the defensive wall. Can handle most stallers with fire blast, EQ hits hard and murders sand teams, stealth rock is for ho-oh/anything with focus sash. Usually darkrai and deoxys. And thunder wave is nice.

Note:Even though he is invested in defense, should I give him rock polish and dragon claw anyway? He really gets walled by giratina O and anything that avoids EQ.

Dialga @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 52 HP / 252 SAtk / 204 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Thunder
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam

This is a modified scarfed set. Thunder is for kyogre. If he kills kyogre, then he can deal good damage and practically guarantee para for all incoming pokes, sans groudon and garchomp. Draco meteor and fire blast are a given. Ice beam is to deal good damage against stuff like lugia/giratina and neutral damage towards a lot of stuff.

Note:I am having thoughts of about heavily changing dialga. Editing his moveset, and taking all his speed EVs into spec defensive. Agree/disagree?

Mewtwo @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Psystrike
- Aura Sphere
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind

the typical pyscho killer set. Aura sphere is chosen for sand teams and dialga, ice beam is because I have several fire blasts already. BUT HERE'S THE THING. Mewtwo, even back when he had a life orb, has been complete filler. Seriously. I have no idea where people get this conception that Mewtwo is a threat. I can't see it. Maybe I'm awful? Even with a calm mind boost, Mewtwo hits hard. ONCE. Then he gets OHK'd by a skitty using tickle. I cannot switch mewtwo into anything without getting OHK'd, sans Fortress and ferrothorn. And the former, I give a way too much time to setup, with even one calm mind. Not to mention toxic spikes are probably out by then, slowly murdering mewtwo.

tl;dr Mewtwo has been completely useless. Invest in spec defense and less for spec attack? Change set completely?

Zekrom @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Crunch
- Dragon Tail
- Outrage
- Bolt Strike

This set, believe it or not, has been doing fantastic as a late game sweeper. Bolt Strike and outrage hits tanks like Arceus for a good amount, and things like fortress for about 56%. Ferro can stop it though. Which is the only thing the sub+hone claw set has an advantage in, imo.

Deoxys-A @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Psycho Boost
- Superpower
- ExtremeSpeed
- Shadow Ball

I used to have a focus sash on him, but when I noticed spikes/SR become used so much, it made me go to life orb. Which has has been doing well, but there are those rare times that Deoxys would have killed something if it had a focus sash. Thinking about going back to focus sash...

And again, the ones I am seriously thinking about changing (moveset/EV spread wise) are Dialga and Mewtwo. Groudon a little bit.

I dont quite understand your usage of Dragon Tail on a Scarfed Zekrom. Maybe Dragon Claw would be more helpful? Or just explain it, I guess. Some of the descriptions can use a bit of work, I think.

Well, dragon tail is kinda pointless. I completely missed that and will replace it with dragon claw probably. Thanks. xD And by some, do you mean the really short ones like Zek and Deoxys? :o

Rayquaza needs a +Spe nature. With it, you can run 216 Speed EVs (to outrun max speed base 90s) so you can invest more EVs in your offenses.

Secondly, please please PLEASE replace Thunder Wave with an offensive move like Brick Break. Rayquaza has no business statusing, just blowing holes in the opponent.

the typical pyscho killer set. Aura sphere is chosen for sand teams and dialga, ice beam is because I have several fire blasts already. BUT HERE'S THE THING. Mewtwo, even back when he had a life orb, has been complete filler. Seriously. I have no idea where people get this conception that Mewtwo is a threat. I can't see it. Maybe I'm awful? Even with a calm mind boost, Mewtwo hits hard. ONCE. Then he gets OHK'd by a skitty using tickle. I cannot switch mewtwo into anything without getting OHK'd, sans Fortress and ferrothorn. And the former, I give a way too much time to setup, with even one calm mind. Not to mention toxic spikes are probably out by then, slowly murdering mewtwo.

tl;dr Mewtwo has been completely useless. Invest in spec defense and less for spec attack? Change set completely?
Clearly you are not playing with Mewtwo correctly. There's a reason why it gets 25.878% usage, more than Ho-oh and Zekrom COMBINED. You should replace Aura Sphere with Fire Blast and ask for help from someone who's really skilled at using him. I personally don't have a lot of experience playing with him but I get swept by him a lot. This brings me to my next point.

Once Zekrom and either Rayquaza or Deo-A (not hard to kill) get killed, you lack an efficient way to deal with opposing Mewtwo, which, contrary to your current belief, is an extremely dangerous threat which you need an effective way to deal with. I recommend replacing Dialga with Giratina-O, with max Attack and Shadow Sneak. Shadow Sneak will enable you to put enough pressure with priority on Mewtwo that it will be difficult for it to sweep.

Speaking of Zekrom, your set is not efficient. You should replace Dragon Tail with Dragon Claw/Focus Blast and replace Crunch with Volt Switch. One of the draws of Scarf Zekrom is that you never know whether it's going to nuke you with Bolt Strike or Outrage or if it's going to scout your switch-in with Volt Switch. In addition, Crunch is completely useless on Zekrom. Even if Crunch is super-effective (2x, as it's impossible for it to be doubly super-effective) it deals a net base damage of 160. STAB neutral Bolt Strike deals a net base damage of 195 and threatens the opposing team more.

You need to choose whether your Groudon is offensive or defensive. If you want it to be offensive, change the EV spread to 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe and change the moveset to (Rock Polish/Swords Dance)/Stone Edge/Earthquake/Stealth Rock. This will make it a powerful sweeper, though still enabling it to set Stealth Rock. If you want it to be defensive, change its nature to Impish and replace Fire Blast with Dragon Tail or replace Thunder Wave with Roar.

Your Deoxys-A is good.

You lack something to switch into Kyogre's Water Spout well. I would recommend fitting Ferrothorn onto your team somewhere. Ferro would also help you by providing Spikes to help you take advantage of the switches your Zekrom and Mewtwo will cause.

More suggestions if I think of them later.

Though switching Dialga for Giratina-O would deal with Mewtwo, you should try to keep Dialga as it nicely counters Palkia, who can hit all of your other bulkier Pokemon (including the proposed Ferrothorn) for super effective damage. (Even though it can only hit Mewtwo neutrally, it still will 2KO (though Mewtwo can deal 74.8% - 88.2% damage in return with Psystrike)). If you do keep Dialga and wish to use it as a Pakia counter, you should probably use this variant of Smogon's Defensive set, which still is a dangerous offensive threat due to its bulk, good typing and special attack.

Dialga @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Thunder

This set can also deal with Kyogre fairly well as scarf Kyogre's water spout deals 39.9% - 47% of Dialga's health. This allows you to take two full power Water Spouts and still be able to deal 59.6% - 70.2% damage. Assuming Stealth Rock is up, you would have a 70% chance of taking two full power hits and one weakened by your Thunder (assuming that there are no critical hits).
I suggest that instead of replacing Dialga with Giratina-O, replace Deoxys-A with Giratina-O and change Dialga to the Defensive set. This will allow you to deal with Mewtwo, Palkia and Kyogre fairly well. Ferrothorn would deal with Kyogre much better than Dialga does, but cannot deal with Palkia and if you used both Dialga, Ferrothorn and Giratina, you would lose a lot of offensive potential. You don't need Deoxys-A for its speed as you already have Mewtwo, Scarf Zekrom, and Rayquaza with ExtremeSpeed. Mewtwo does effectively the same job as it and Deoxys-A cannot switch into any move unless it is a non-damaging move, while Mewtwo, despite your views on it, can take a lot more damage than Deoxys-A can.

Well alright then. Thank you Varfor! I know it sounds like a copypasta thanks but I'll definitely be implementing these ideas. I'll go for your dialga idea, and replace Deoxys A with Giratina O, as I see your point in Deoxys A being redundant. Especially since I have you AND jack telling me to add Giratina O, it must fit in well, right? XD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)