XY OU Fun Team with Lots of Power

Hey Smogon, this is a fun team I built revolving around Specs Meloetta and Mega Heracross. It also features Sticky Web and T-Wave support from Galvantula.
The whole team goes: Mega Heracross, Meloetta, Galvantula, Kyurem-B, Azumarill, and Landorus-T.

Meloetta @ Choice Specs
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Hyper Voice
- Hidden Power [Fire]

The first on the list is Choice Specs Meloetta. I wanted to have fun with this team so I decided to use Meloetta and then build around it. I figured a Choice Scarf would leave Meloetta too weak to do much damage in OU, so I gave her Specs with Sticky Web support. EV's are standard as any other Meloetta set. Psychic and Hyper Voice are very strong STAB attacks combined with Specs to 2HKO anything that doesn't resist it. Shadow Ball is used for the rare Sableye and any bulky Psychic types out there, and it has a nice juicy 40% Sp.Def drop chance due to Serene Grace. The last attack is a reliable coverage move in Hidden Power Fire.

Heracross-Mega @ Heracronite
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Def / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Blast
- Swords Dance

One of Meloetta's biggest counters in OU is Tyranitar and Bisharp because of their typing and Pursuit. Mega Heracross is a good mon to switch into if you predict your opponent to switch into one of those two pokemon. And once it is in against one of them, any attack will put a dent in whatever comes in. Close Combat, the STAB move of choice is easily Heracross's best. Following that is Bullet Seed and Rock Blast for near perfect coverage. Swords Dance is the last move to prepare for the sweep if all non-grounded Pokemon are gone and Sticky Web is up. The Spe EV's above are so that Heracross can outspieed Adamant Bisharp and Adamant Breloom after mega evolving.
Edit: I finally noticed after all this time that I had 252 Def EV's instead of 252 Atk EV's and it still did so much damage when I used it.

Galvantula @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Bug Buzz
- Thunder Wave
- Sticky Web

Standard EV's, nothing special here. But moving right to the moveset, Galvantula's Sticky Web is a big part of any steamrolling this team will do. Thunder Wave is also a good move to slow down any threat that is immune to Sticky Web (Gengar, Lati twins, Charizard), or any threat that can set up first turn to try to sweep (Mega Pinsir, Mega T-Tar, Gyarados, even Greninja). The offensive move of choice is Bug Buzz, and Volt Switch is to take momentum right from the start of the battle.

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Substitute
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam

Another extremely offense pokemon that benefits from Sticky Web is Kyurem-B. This thing destroys dragons and all Rotom forms and even forces out Gengars that don't pack Focus Blast. If Sticky Web is up late game, then this thing can come in and clean up. Substitute allows Kyurem to escape Spore, Will o Wisp, and Toxic, and then proceed to punch holes in everything.

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Waterfall

At this point in the team building stage I was debating between Assault Vest and Belly Drum Azumarill. I went with Assault Vest because I didn't really need any more power than this team already had and I really didn't have anything that could take special hits well. Plus, this team really needed a good Keldeo switch in. The moveset is pretty standard when it comes to Assault Vest Azu.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- U-turn

And lastly we have defensive Landorus-T. Without this, SD and Bulk Up Talonflame would run through this team. Physical sweepers won't give this team much trouble as long as Landorus is alive. The standard moves of Stone Edge and EQ hit many Pokemon for heavy damage. Knock Off is useful as always and U-Turn is to gain switch advantage. I decided to not put Stealth Rocks on this team. Flying types and Fire types weren't very much of an issue as I had plenty of Pokemon that could take them down pretty easily.

Threats: Landorus-I and Thundurus-I are huge threats as they are both immune to Sticky Web and Thunder Wave and can put dents into my team. Unaware Clefable is also problematic as I don't have anything to Toxic it, phaze it, or hit it for super-effective damage.

Final Note: Like I said in the beginning, I just wanted to make a fun, but threatening team revolving around Mega Heracross and Meloetta. In the time I've used this team, I can say that I've had a lot of fun using it to crush souls.​

Last edited:
This looks to be a pretty solid team. You do have your weaknesses to the Pokémon listed, but I suppose that every team has a couple of weaknesses. For a team made for fun, good job!

aim

pokeaimMD
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Hey Evelyng cool team! Sticky Web is such a nice Anti-Meta Strategy and pairing it with Mega Heracross really does work. I have just a few suggestions that I feel can make this team a bit more solid. Your team lacks Stealth Rock which is a staple on teams and allows you to easily deal with pokemon like Mega Pinsir, Talonflame as well as getting chip damage on Azumarill (a threat to your team) on every switch-in. I'd suggest running Shuckle over Galvantula. Shuckle not only gets up Stealth Rock but also has access to Sticky Web, allowing it to function well as your hazard setter. You can also pair it with Mental Herb allowing it to set up regardless of Taunt. The special defense investment allows you to never be 2HK0'd by Rotom-W's Hydro Pump or Landorus-i Earthpower. The last move can be changed between Knock Off, Infestation and Toxic.

Shuckle @ Mental Herb
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Encore
- Knock Off

While Meloetta is a pretty cool pokemon I feel that your team would benefit better from Bisharp over that slot. Bisharp gives you a nice switch-in to the Lati twins as well as gives you a way to punish Defog users, which will get rid of your Sticky Web and Stealth Rock. With Pursuit you are able to trap Latios/Latias allowing you to easily set them up again later. Bisharp also gives you a nice way of dealing with an annoying Fairy type that is a threat to your team, Clefable.

Bisharp @ BlackGlasses
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Pursuit

Anyway, cool team! Hope i helped :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)