Funniest Pokemon Stories

Whelp, I couldn't find a thread for this, but I thought it'd be fun to share a couple. Just 'cause, you know, people can relate on this website. :)

So in class today we had a substitute who decided to step out and never come back, so naturally we all did our own things. I happened to have my White 2 with me, and was Audino grinding in Lostlorm Forest before Elesa (on Hard-mode - the woman wrecks!). Suddenly, a Shiny Audino popped out!

Long story short, I flipped the f*** out and everyone stared at me while I caught this shiny Audino.

The best part - I've seen and caught shinies before, this one caught me off guard. :)

Something I find quite funny is the fact that at college, people usually frown at pokemon. However, currently, quite a lot of people play the older games like Emerald on their phone. It is a trend I have not yet seen over the course of five years. Too bad I am too afraid for something happening to my Nintendo to bring it to school.

Best thing is that none of these people ever played pokemon before, so I actually feel like knowing something, although it gets a bit painful to see all of them catching caterpie and thinking it is the strongest thing around, or trying to explain type matchups, physical and special attacks and STAB. aargh.... that might still take a while. Though I love seeing them get their ass handed to them by Misty's Starmie in Yellow.

Years ago, I was helping my friend train his in-game Diamond team in the swampy route west of Pastoria city so he could beat Crasher Wake...I was watching TV while he was mashing A to beat the wild Pokémon, when suddenly I heard the shiny noise. He completely freaked out and cried out with joy when his eyes met the shiny Shellos on the screen, and his Staravia was gradually whittling its health with Quick attack, and when it was in the red zone, I reached over to his touch screen and pressed wing attack for him, knocking out the Shellos xD I was nearly crying with laughter, and he stormed out in a strop.
I felt bad after that, so I hacked him a brand new shiny shellos with perfect IV's and a modest nature, and we've been great friends ever since :)

inanimate blob: The accent in Pokémon in the title should be the acute accent, not the grave one.

On-topic, there was that one time I was somewhat-blindly playing Emerald, and I accidentally led with Shedinja on Route 111.

A sandstorm brewed!
SHEDINJA was buffeted by the sandstorm!
SHEDINJA fainted!

Lost the battle in zero turns, not even one. Epic fail.

Magistrum

DOITSU NO KAGAKU WA SEKAI ICHI
is a Top Artist Alumnus
That moment in Pokemon Crystal Battle Tower when my Lugia was flat out beaten by someone's freakin' Shuckle. It didn't help that the moves I had back then was Psychic, Fly, Recover and Giga Drain and held Gold Berry [Yeah, I was terrible]. I was spamming Fly at it [because i thought he was just Bug] while my Lugia was Toxic'd, Wrapped, and in Sandstorm, but the Shuckle's Leftovers just healed about a third of the damage I do. His frequent Protect just annoyed the hell out of me more, until I was using Recover every other turn just to compensate for max toxic damage. By the time I opted for Psychic it was all too late.

Every time I remember this moment I laugh at how a noob I was back then.

This is the most ridiculous even that ever happened to me on Pokemon. Here is a summary:
A wild lunatone appeared!(Shiny sound)
Go! Parasect!
Parasect used Swords Dance!
Lunatone used Cosmic Power!
Parasect used False Swipe!
Lunatone used Explosion!
I throw the DS on the ground in frustration and start crying like a baby!
Well, I did not cry but... you know.

Now I know how to RNG abuse so I will make sure I get a shiny lunatone. This time I am definitely using Spore first!

Well, there was one time, I was playing FireRed. I was off searching for Tauros in the Safari Zone. I found one and it just so happened to be shiny. I knew what was gonna happen but I could not resist...who could? Threw a ball, two rolls and it watches me carefully. I throw a second, it broke free at the last moment. Tauros was GONE. I turn the game off and do not pick it up for at least a whole month.
A "gold" lining to this was the fact I found a shiny (gold) Caterpie in the Virdian Forest before that, when I was Speed training my story mode Alakazam.

Reactions: JES
When I got Eevee, my absolute favorate pokemon, in yellow version. I evolved it into a Vaporeon. Well, not long later, my rival battles me with his Eevee, now a Jolteon. I only had the Vaporeon on me because I was training it up to the level of my strongest pokemon, a level 42 Pidgeot that knew headbutt and eventually beat the Elite four. Oh, I loved that Pidgeot!!! It was my strongest pokemon in the end at level 93 and headbutted its way through the Elite four.

BTW: I got the Yellow Version for free. It belonged to my friend and I was training his Pikachu and it evolved randomly in my care, friendship evolution? He was soooo shocked that he gave me the game!

Well, there was one time, I was playing FireRed. I was off searching for Tauros in the Safari Zone. I found one and it just so happened to be shiny. I knew what was gonna happen but I could not resist...who could? Threw a ball, two rolls and it watches me carefully. I throw a second, it broke free at the last moment. Tauros was GONE. I turn the game off and do not pick it up for at least a whole month.
The exact same thing happened to me with a shiny Dratini!
I almost broke my DS in half & started cursing for a solid half-hour!

Hence, a few peers and myself now refer to the Safari Zone as "The Ninth Circle of Hell"

Hence, a few peers and myself now refer to the Safari Zone as "The Ninth Circle of Hell"
I like that, I may have to steal that from you. On a side note: I have not gone back to the Safari Zone since the Tauros incident...I just dread the day a shiny Chansey appears or something...wish the Cinnabar glitch existed in FireRed and LeafGreen.

My only "funny" moment I've had is trying to catch the Giritina, and landing a critical hit, knocking it out and ruining my one chance of catching it.

Oh and also using my Master Ball on Chimenco since I thought that it was a very good, rare legendary. Ahem.

I've always wanted a shiny Noctowl after Ash got one in the Anime. While playing gold...

-Wild HootHoot appears! (Shiny)
-HOLY FREAKIN COW SJdfhJKHF
-Tries not to panic (Panicking)
-Sends out a Pidgeotto.
-Lightly gusts
-In the red zone
-Throws great ball
-Ball makes the click
-HootHoot was cau-
-Gameboy tone of death.
-Throws gameboy across the room.
-Cries.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Was fighting in the Battle Frontier once, in a very even 3 vs. 3 match. It ended up with my last Pokémon vs. the opponent's last, a Weezing. It hit harder than I expected, and soon I was knocked down to only a handful of HP, and I was poisoned to boot. My Pokémon was faster, and I desperately fired off my strongest move, but it failed to KO Weezing. Sighing, I waited for the finishing blow. Whatever would happen, I would faint to poisoning at the end of the turn.
"There ends my streak," I thought.
Foe Weezing used Memento.

Oh did I mention the shiny I found in Black and White? Fun premise here...I was growing bored of my White, so I decided I would resart the game but not save. Sounds fun huh? Go through the storyline again and then go back to my original game.
So, I restart, and on Route 1, I am "grinding" a little to get an edge.
A shiny Patrat appears.
The first shiny I had ver found in Black and White was on a file I could not save...talk about irony

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)