1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  2. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Funniest Pokemon Stories

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by inanimate blob, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Houndoomsday

Houndoomsday

Hmm... a few days ago, I was nuzlocking, and found a shiny Cacnea. It's my first (and only to this day) shiny.

It was on emulator...
  2. Hulavuta

Hulavuta MERRY CHRISTMAS
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor

In a match, anytime an opponent throws out a preemptive and offensive GG, and then loses. My return GG always seems so satisfying o3o

In one specific case, my opponent did that and I survived with 4% HP and then KO'd back for the win.

He said "WHY DOES THIS ALWAYS HAPPEN???" ...you'd think he'd learn his lesson by now.

Also, this isn't my story, but it's still the greatest thing ever:

[youtube]-AlhaJF5Afw[/youtube]
  3. ethanbarryandme

ethanbarryandme

i was about 6 and saw a drifloon. did you know you dont have to use a masterball to catch them?learned that the hard way!i threw my only masterball because that was my only ball and regret it to this day
  4. Vader_the_White

Vader_the_White

I have several funny Pokémon stories.

After being able to get three Swords Dances off on my Scolipede, I was well on my way to 6-0 this random kid. He sends out Charizard. I laugh and use Rock Slide...which misses. I'm at low health so I'm scared. He uses Fly. I said out loud, "I need Fly to miss." I knew that it wouldn't, but I went ahead and stayed in. I naturally miss again thanks to being faster. Then, a miracle happened: Charizard missed. Both of us just started laughing in addition to the normal reactions (Me: "YES!" Him: "NO!"). I then proceeded to completely sweep.
    EDIT: No, I'm not bragging about 6-0ing some kid. It's more the fact that we both missed with high acc moves in a row.

The story of my first rival's name is funny cause it was kinda stupid. A short time prior, I was really annoyed at someone on TV and called them a "Dummit". When I got Platinum for my 16th birthday, I wanted to honor the age old tradition of naming your rival something rude, but I didn't want to go with the obvious. So I named him "Dummit". Shame since I actually like Barry.
    In relation to that, I've twice came up with alternate names for Blue that were in the same vein. Once I named him "Steven" after a friend of mine (we both called him various things that would end up as alternate names for Blue). Recently, after watching the trollfest that is known as School Days, I gave Blue the worst insult imaginable:
    [​IMG]
    Well, we do see Blue on a Nice Boat.

Finally, this is a very recent one. I was looking up the soundtrack for Pokémon the First Movie. And I noticed one song called "Makin' My Way (Any Way That I Can)". It's best described as generic pop that wasn't actually in the film (or Pikachu's Vacation). But here's something that made me laugh: the singer is Billie Piper, best known for playing Rose Tyler in Doctor Who. This is further evidence that Ash Ketchum is really a Time Lord.
    Added funny: every one in the comment section is geeking out over this fact.

The following is not my story, but it is hilarious:
    Recently, YouTuber NateWantstoBattle was doing a randomizer Nuzlocke of Black 2. At this point, he had gotten the final badge and had just caught a Latias. He was pleased with his catch. After adding it to his party, he went to see what else would spawn on that route. This is the result (WARNING: ADULT LANGUAGE).
    At least it wasn't Shiny.

You just win.
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2014
  5. Xen

Xen

Meanwhile, in the Emerald Battle Frontier...

*Latios used Thunderbolt*
    *It's super effective*
    *The foe's Feebas hung on using its Focus Band*
    *The foe's Feebas used Mirror Coat*
    *Latios Fainted*

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)