Furosuto's Art Shack

Thanks sandshrewz! I wanted a zombified look for magcargo. So no pupils=creepier design! I was having some trouble with lotads cap, which is probably why it looks herp and derp. But it's evolving into an awesome lombre and I have some..... interesting ideas on how he will be depicted. (Slugma IMO isn't made out of lava. It can just heat up it's body. Otherwise it would be allowed to travel anywhere.)

And yeah, I'm gonna try and get on the requests soon. I'm thinking of trying another style (or one I've used before) for the requests. coloured lineart which is also used for shading anyone?

Also, can someone tell me how I take down the poll... It's sort of useless right now because I've already changed it to Furosuto. Unless I get another name change, which I have no idea how you can obtain an extra one. Unless there's no way on doing that......

Once again, more fun and flames with none other than me. I wonder why you would have a fire type gym in a flammable building? Now that I think about it, why did I start with a fire type pokemon again?

Anyways, R&R please. This time I work with shadows!

What a badass Lombre.

While I may not be the most qualified to critique, maybe focus a little more on their body proportions next time? Sometimes, the character's heads seem a little off compared to their bodies, although I'm still loving your style. Great job!

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
How did you make Lombre work??? Lombre sucked ass when I used it for my sapphire nuzlocke challenge...

Frost's hands in the last pic is totally fucked up - the palm of his hands should be facing the front, not the backhand -_-;;

Another bleach character. His name is Rudobone and basically he can summon hundreds of these drones that look like him, except that their skulls are human shaped. He is basically the definition of a one man army.

I DO NOT OWN BLEACH. ALL RIGHT BELONG TO TITE KUBO.

Sorry that I've not been posting much lately. I have another thing to post for the SALD, but I can't release it just yet! I've also been trying to get a portfolio together for the fan expo I'm going to. The have portfolio reviews so I want to show some of my works. Rudobone is definitely going in!

Rhyhorn was so boss. Personally, the original rhydon family line was the best. Then they introduced Rhyperior and things deteriorated with the group. Luckily we have eviolite to make up for things.

Anyways, you guys know the drill. C&C please!

An update. My final piece of work before I begin working on some projects that will pass the time. Too bad I have school and the whatnot.

Anyways, R&R please! I feel like I've advanced, but what do you guys think?

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I really enjoy the latest submissions. Rudobone and Rhyhorn are especially well-drawn :D

Hello my fellow smogonites! Welcome one and all to my 1000th post on smogon!

Now, during my journey here on smogon, I must admit that I’ve had fun. It’s been great making new friends (wow, is it cliché in here, or is it just me?), and learned lots of tips and tricks with my artwork.

Now, to start off this even, I think I’ll do some shoutouts. If your name isn’t on here and I forgot, then I apologize. These will not be in alphabetical order BTW.

Alchemator: Alch, you are probably the nicest moderator on smogon. You are one awesome dude, and I love the events you make for smeargle’s studio. Keep up the good work man!

HolyChipmunk: HC is a pretty cool guy on minecraft. I have to admit, he’s pretty funny at times. He’s definitely a smogcraftian at heart.

Wolfhound and Multiasdfy: Going with the minecraft flow, I think you guys have made some wickedly cool villages and communities on minecraft. I can’t wait to see what else is in store with you guys around.

Rocket Grunt: What can I say? Awesome artist, a smogcraftian, and just one nice dude to hang around with.

Casteel: Man, I just love your work. The realistic journal feel is so inspirational. I’m constantly waiting for you to update, and when I see that you do, it’s the first thing I’ll click on in the studio. All in all, you are one of my fav artists on smogon.

Yilx: Kinda like Casteel there, your artwork never ceases to amaze me. I enjoy the serious and intimidating feel you put into it.

Swaggersaurus, Nastyjungle: Great art, and good moderators. These two are make some pretty sweet art. Definitely some of my favs come from these guys.

Tennisace: Just like Wolfie and asdfy, you have founded some really sweet communities on the minecraft server, and I just want to say thank you for doing that. You are a great moderator too!

Rittercat and Rodan: WSC hosts. Nuff said.

IceColdClaws: WSC spriter. Nuff said.

….. And that’s that!

Oh, but wait, there’s more! I am gonna start a webcomic too!

Basically, it’s about two teenagers, Drake and Ron that one day wake up in the video game world, not knowing what just happened. They soon find themselves adventuring through a world filled with plumbers, knights, and men with green hats and tights.

Anyways, here’s some concept art of our two fine fellows:

The first concept art for my two main characters.

The finalized concept art for them.

Now, of the two, Drake is the logical one. He thinks ahead, keeps focused, and may panic a little when things go wrong. But of course, he still knows how to have fun. He’s the one normally getting Ron out of trouble.

Ron on the other hand, is considered an idiot. Ok, maybe not an idiot, but he will normally act first and think later. Remember, after you pull the cork, you THROW he grenade, not wait and see what happens with it in your hand! He is the kind of guy to party first and get serious some other time.

While these two may be different, they are still friends nonetheless, and will have to overcome all odds to get out. Either that, or they stay in the video game world forever and just have a blast…. Unfortunately, Ron might make having a blast literally……….

Ladies and gentlemen. I present to you the Diginaughts.

Oh yeah, and here's a chinese bear.

Well, someone changed my art thread title to shimo is frost in japanese.... I will find out who it is..... *gives suspicious glances at moderators and admins*

But yeah, here's a bit of an update. We've had a busy time lately, so I haven't been able to make anything as of late. On top of that, the whole diginaughts comic was scrapped and mushed into something much more epic.

I present to you... The shadowland group!

From left to right:
Behemoth
Cody
Anthony
Warren

The whole idea will be a secret for now, but let me tell you, the idea is coming together quite nicely. Can't wait to update soon! (interestingly enough, I'll be gone from the computer for a week and a bit.....)

Rate and Review please! What do you think of the group?

Well, here's another piece featuring another main character! The cast is being set one by one, and I hope that you guys like how the characters look. Here's the goblin Grimnuss.

Something I think you could work on is shading. In the Gremlin pic the light source seems to change with every body part. The light is coming from the top left for the left boot and the top right for the right boot. It's from the top left for the shorts and shirt, bottom left for the orange jacket, top right for the left arm and bottom left for the right arm. So yeah, the light sources are a bit confused right now haha

Just try to think of one single light source and go from there. Light parts are just where the light hits and dark bits are where it doesn't hit. If it's in the top left for the last pic, where will the light hit/not hit for the right boot, or the hair, or the neck just below the jawline?

Just try to keep that in mind, practise, look at shading in real life and HAVE FUN and that'll help you improve :)

Good luck n_n

Well guys, I noticed that I have a bunch of broken links here, so in a short while I'll fix them, but for now, more artwork!

Komamura because he's just so fuzzy!

The seven deadly sins. Can you guess which one is which?

That's it for now. Not much to say so asl;dkghasd;lghas;ldgh;alsdfgjh;sadlgh.

Me: *jumps out of four story window*

EDIT: Actually, I need your guys's opinion on something. Do you guys like the jagged shading that I used on Komamura? Or a more generic shading? Also, thinner lines like with Komamura, or jagged lines like with my cacnea and seviper that I did for a while? You decide!

Well, I'm back after what, two days? And nobodies commented on my stuff yet.....

*Sobs in a corner of self pitying*

Me: Nobody loves me or my work....

But anyways, here's a picture that I've been working on for the past 4 hours for offense guide for 5th gen!

So what do you guys think of this realistic style? If you can't tell, that's Terrakion and Scizor. I'm pretty satisfied with how they came out in the end.

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I like the style a lot! However, Terrakion's orange things on his body look a bit too much like stitches, ie quilt work. IMO it doesn't fit (the stitch texture I mean). Maybe it could be Eeore in a Winnie the Pooh crossover? ;P

Well, I think that I finally was able to make my first page of the comic, Seven Dragon War! Here's the prologue guys!

Hopefully more will come soon when I'm not too busy!

Well, due to summer vacation letting me be away from school, I've been able to push these pieces out faster than I've ever imagined. Some of them are epic and well planned out,

The Title page for the first chapter in my comic. Things are really pulling together now!

While with others, I don't know what the heck I was thinking of when I made it......

What WAS I thinking when I drew this?

So yeah, I've also noticed that it's been over a year since I joined smogon! Woot!

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I like your art, especially the one of Komamura. Since your request queue is open, I'd like to request a picture of Shunsui Kyōraku.

I like your art, especially the one of Komamura. Since your request queue is open, I'd like to request a picture of Shunsui Kyōraku.
Huh. Actually, a little while back I did a pic of Shunsui, but I wasn't really that happy with it, but I guess I can show it to you if you want.

Oh yeah, and here's sort of..... A preview of the comic. You know the prologue, the chapter one title page, and now a preview before I really go under way with my comic......

I always did hate the stereotypical heroes........ Keep in mind that these three will be safe from NOTHING. Just because they are the main characters does not mean they get off easy....... Keep that in mind for the future......

EDIT: Changed the SKREEEEE that the worm creature made and moved it over so that you can see the head better.

So it may not be the comic, but here's my banner for this thread, and maybe my facebook page when I make a page for my comic.

What do you guys think so far of my artwork? Anything you would suggest I tweak on?

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Use a better font.

Comic Sans MS makes my eyes melt. ;_;

Overall lookin' pretty good, though! I'll be keeping an eye on this (unless it melts due to the font)!

Welp, another update. I've been working on human anatomy for a bit, and I have to say, I love how my hands are coming together. I just made a cover page for smogon's facebook page, so I'm hoping that in a month it will get posted. Still waiting to see if I can get a spot in the smog though. O____O

Once my technique comes together, I think I can finally begin with the comic. The basis of it is finally in set print, but I'm still having trouble come up with the name. I was thinking of the Six Dragon League/War for the name, but I'm unsure of it. Basically.....

The comic thus far features three individuals, Anthony, the silver haired, humorous one of the group, Drake, the solemn guy who just wants back home, and Marcus, who wonders if he's the only sane one out there at times. These three wake up to find themselves being attacked by a monster, and run inside a cave, only to find a glowing cube that forces them to play a "game" of sorts. It teleports them away to the middle of nowhere, where they meet their mentor, who trains them in the art of combat to participate in the Torynthian games. There, they become one of the six teams that must face off against each other in bizarre challenges, such as scaling the tallest of towers, to fighting drakes and demons with nothing but raw fishes. They find out that the only way to get back home is to win the games......

So that's the summary thus far. What do you guys think? What should the name be based on the summary provided? I've just been so conflicted on what to name it, and with the deadline drawing closer to begin, I am sort..... lost on what to do.

Now, since almost all of my posts have a pic in it, I will continue that tradition by showing you the cover page I made for smogon's facebook group!

EDIT: And oh yeah, Alch, I'll keep note of that to not use comic sans font. Thanks for the tip!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)