FURRET B/W NU JOKE ANALYSIS

Status
Not open for further replies.
PROPOSITION FOR A BW NU FURRET JOKE ANALYSIS

TESTIMONIALS:

@Lawrence III: "I found this analysis to be funny and well thought out"

+dwib: "Far Canal's educational analysis of Furret helped further open my eyes to the competitive ineptitude of early gen 2 mons"

Professor Shroomish: "That made my day"

+Far Canal: "This analysis is great! I should know... after all, I wrote it"

%Closet: "it's definitely a well thought out and lovely little goofy article."

%kupo: "I liked it alot, huehuehue"

+gerbil: "It was one of the better novels to come out this year, 10/10, I would read it again and use it."

INTRODUCTION

Furret sits atop an acorn tree with a pimp cane and swag that screams out "YOLO, come at me Pachirisu",
but sadly it was never really a staple in the days of D/P/P, but has found use again as a paperclip in B/W. The generation shift gave our precious Ferret, Furret, some handy new toys to play with. Furret was ordained as a knight in the ferret village and learned moves such as Hone Claws, Retailiate, and Work Up, as well as the highly coveted ability, bestowed upon it by benevolence and the embodiment of grace; Frisk.
The name "Furret" was originally a typo and spelling error of the word "Ferret" that made actually it through to the game.

"Masuda has been one of the main employees who approve or reject designs for new Pokémon. Most characters take around six months to design, while more central ones take more than a year."

While Furret's very existence is contradictory to the above statement made by Junichi Masuda, Furret's typo status actually gives it some unique and valuable Niche's in B/W's NU tier, where it's anti-hipster stance on the metagame can reign unholy Ferret warfare without competition from other rodents.

SET 1

Name: Wrath of the held item
Nature:Jolly/Adamant
Ability: Frisk

EV spread: 252 ATK, 252 SPEED, 4 HP

Item:Focus Sash/Iron Ball

Move 1:Covet
Move 2:Knock Off/Fling
Move 3:Trick
Move 4:Endeavour

Description:
The flagship set for Furret's reign of terror in NU was truly blessed with a gift from the dreamworld heavens in the form Frisk, allowing Furret to see what item your opponent has.
Furret can function as an excellent check to the many heavily item reliant pokemon in the NU metagame. This set aim's to cause your opponent great despair, by treating their held item's like a common Grandmother's
handbag. Furret is a trickster who will steal whichever item it Covets, with either Trick, or Covet. Covet also gets STAB so don't be surprised if you nab a few KO's in the process. The choice between Knock Off and
Fling is a hard one, because you could run into an opponent holding an Iron Ball, which will do considerable damage when thrown at the foe. But with Knock Off, Furret also acts as a schoolyard bully, knocking away your items and leaving them in the dust, which is extremely useful against the common Arbok, who relies so heavily on Black Sludge, or Illumise who needs her precious focus sash to thrive. The aim behind this set is to heckle your opponent into a fury, so they mercilessly attack your Furret, who if still holding a focus sash, will use endeavour to cause even more fury. Truly many a foe will tremble beneath your mighty Ferret, Furret.

Here is an example of the power of an Adamant Iron Ball Fling, on the highly rampart and common Sunflora that ravage the tier.

min176 av191 max208 VS Sunflora's 291hp (KO'd after a Covet and Spikes)

SET 2

Name:Resorting to Last Resort

Ability:Keen Eye
Nature:Adamant
EV spread: 252 ATK, 252 Speed, 4hp

Item: Life Orb

Move 1: Hone Claws/Focus Energy
Move 2: Last Resort
Move 3: Nothing
Move 4: Nothing

Decription:
Coming off a base 76 attack, one might think Furret's Last Resort would be to run a set with Last Resort, But you are horribly mis-informed.
After a single Hone Claws boost, Furret will reach an astonishing 414 attack, this coupled with a 140 Base Power STAB move, and with it has the added joys of an accumulated accuracy boost for a %100 accuracy move. Some sets run Focus Energy for Crit Hax, to help break through curse walls, but this is generally outclassed by the power of the Hone Claws variant.
As an example of the wrath of this pokemon, if a Hitmonlee with an Adamant nature (Standard) were foolish enough to switch into this Ferret (Furret) after it attained it's boost, it would be outsped, and take this much damage:

Regular damage 529 Average damage 573 Max damage 624

And all users of Hitmonlee know that Hitmonlee only has 241hp uninvested, but sadly Hitmonlee is in RU...
Although, Furret has definately established itself as one of, if not, the deadliest FEAR mon, in the game.

SET 3

Name: Acorn Rest

Ability:Run Away
Nature:Impish
EV Spread: 252HP, 252Def, 4Speed

Item: Lum/Chesto Berry

Move 1: Rest
Move 2: Defense Curl
Move 3: Toxic
Move 4: U Turn

Description:
Relying on it's slightly higher base defense, Furret reaches a very respectable 85/64 physical bulk, although respectable doesn't always necessarily mean outstanding it's bulk allows it to occasionally get
off a rest, or maybe a toxic. But let's be honest, the day Furret is overpowered, is the day,
Genesect is in ubers.. and let's face it, that will NEVER happen. Ha ha ha.
Although often outclassed by it's #1 rival for a fast bulky support in NU, Eviolite Sentret, although Furret does have a few things going for it, It's speed allows it to outrun common threats such as Emboar, and sacrifice itself to poison them, or use it's access to U-Turn to hit like a 5 year old Tomboy's Tonka Truck whilst switching out to avoid imminent death.

CHECKS:
Fighting priority, any fighting type, Sawk, Emboar, Regirock, Any physical wall, Furret cant touch Golurk, ever, because it is against Furret's beliefs and Furret just isn't that Scrappy. Any pokemon that can outspeed and KO it, any specially offensive pokemon that can survive a hit and attack back, Linoone, Raticate, Bibarel, Watchog, any other rodent not mentioned.
and for the 1st mentioned set, any pokemon that does not rely heavily on it's item is likely to be the victor in a fight for supremacy of Furret's precious acorn tree.

OTHER OPTIONS:
Furret has an extremely diverse movepool, but without gimmicks, hardly any of it's stats are usable, and it is just a less powerful version of Linoone, leaving it at the bottom of the rodent food chain. The rodent
food chain currently looks something like this,
Linoone>Raticate>Bibarel>Watchog>Furret
In theory, you could try a Work up set, with something like Work up/Return/Hidden Power Fighting/Ice Beam with maximum investment in SpA to catch an opponent off guard, but as soon as he/she/it see's the nature of your trickery, he will surely dispatch of you.
A Baton pass set is also viable, with Baton Pass/Defense Curl/Work up/Amnesia, as you can turn any pokemon into a seemingly invulnerable death machine, although this is somewhat harder to play.

UNRELEASED:
Furret's dream world ability has been released,

(UNCONFIRMED)
hopefully next generation it will receive Pick Up, or Pickpocket, for it's item sets.

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
While I appreciate your enthusiasm, you did not receive approval from me to post this joke analysis, nor did you follow any of the standard C&C guidelines as Great Sage stated above.

In addition, you had not even waited 24 hours to post this after messaging me multiple times about it, and the original one I received had multiple references of RU Pokemon and occasionally mixed up whether or not it was being written for NU or RU. While joke analyses are meant to be funny, there is a degree of seriousness and actual relevancy to the metagame that needs to be included, and in no way would any of these sets be even remotely viable even for a joke Pokemon (a boosting move + U-turn?).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)