Gallad vs Talkinglion. Why is there no awesome flavour? It's in the ASB arena...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Open challenge

2v2 NFE Singles
2 day DQ
No recover, 5 chill

Arena: ASB Arena
I'll take Galladiator's challenge.

Switch=KO
Abilities=All
Items=None

PMing MB my team now.
Team Talkinglion
TalkingLion said:
Here is my team for Galladiator's 2v2 NFE Singles Match:
Snorunt(Snowstorm):

Snorunt[Snowstorm](F)
Nature: Bashful (No effect on stats)
Type: Ice
Ice: Ice STAB; immune to freezing and Sheer Cold, no vision loss or damage in Hail or snowstorm conditions, perfectly accurate and 30% Protect breaking Blizzard in Hail. Superior senses and mobility in frozen caves and other frigid arenas.

Abilites:
Inner Focus (Innate):When an opponent attempts to flinch this Pokemon, it stands firm and continues its attack. If it has another ability that would be activated by flinching, that ability activates.
Ice Body (Innate):This Pokemon thrives in Icy conditions and can absorb energy from Hailstones to recover two (2) HP/action in Hail.
Moody(DW) (Can be enabled):This Pokemon's traits are always fluctuating from one strength to another. At the end of each round, one of the Pokemon's stats (Attack, Defense, Special Attack, Special Defense, Speed, Accuracy, Evasion) will be boosted by two (2) stages and another will be reduced by one (1) stage. This stat change lasts until the end of that round, where Moody is re-applied, overwriting the boosted and dropped stats. This stat boost/drop occurs outside the normal boosts/drops.

Stats:
HP: 90
Atk: Rank 2
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 2
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 50
Size Class: 1
Weight Class: 2
Base Rank Total: 12

EC: 2/6
MC: 0
DC: 3/5

Attacks:(16)
Powder Snow
Leer
Double Team
Bite
Icy Wind
Headbutt
Protect
Ice Shard
Crunch

Avalanche
Spikes
Disable

Frost Breath
Shadow Ball
Water Pulse
Substitute
Growlith(Kelev):

Growlithe[Kelev](M)
Nature: Hasty (+15% Speed, +15% Accuracy, -1 Def)
Type: Fire
Fire: Fire STAB; immune to burn, emit a low glow in dark places, takes additional damage if active open flames are exposed to a water attack. Superior senses in volcanic or brushfire areas.

Abilities:
Intimidate(Can be activated): When this Pokemon initially goes out into the battlefield, it generates an intimidating roar or war cry that shakes all opponents on the battlefield, reducing their Attack stage by one (1). The attack drop is maintained at the end of each round. If an opponent switches in a new Pokemon, Intimidate can be activated again as an Action, and will affect all opponents.
Flash Fire(Innate): This Pokemon thrives in high temperatures, and takes the energy of any opposing fire attack, nullifies the damage, and uses the additional power to boost its own fire attack’s Base Attack Power by two (2). Self-targeted attacks do not give the boost.
Justified(DW)(Innate): This Pokemon's body reacts to dark energy, invigorating its passions. When hit by a Dark-type move, the Pokemon's attack will increase one (1) stage. A boost gained this way by another Pokemon's attack will be maintained at the end of each round. Self-targeted attacks do not maintain boosts.

Stats:
Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 1 (-)
SpA: Rank 3
Spe: 69 (+)
Weight Class: 2
Base Rank Total: 14

EC:0/6
MC:0
DC:0/5

Attacks:(15)
Bite
Roar
Ember
Leer
Odor Sleuth
Take Down
Helping Hand
Flame Wheel
Reversal

Crunch
Close Combat
Morning Sun

Flamethrower
Aerial Ace
Dig

Team Galladiator

Scyther [Lloyd] (M)
Nature: Jolly (+15% Speed, +30% Accuracy, -1 SpA)

Type:
Bug: Bug STAB; more mobility in dense brush or forest conditions. Gains an extra guaranteed attack on multi-hit moves.
Flying: Flying STAB; immunity to Ground attacks except under the effects of Smack Down and Gravity, even for ground-based flying Pokemon. Will always hit foes with Dig (except other Flying types) and Dive. Cannot be hit by Dive unless the attacking Pokemon has a size class greater than four (4). Immune to Spikes and Toxic Spikes. Enhanced aerial mobility. Superior senses in open air arenas.

Abilities:
Swarm: (Innate) When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33% (flat), the Base Attack Power of any Bug-typed attack is increased by 2. (eg Silver Wind goes from 6 to 8, X-Scissor from 8 to 10)
Technician: (Innate) This Pokemon is more skilled at performing weaker moves, causing any of their attacks that normally have 6 or less Base Attack Power to have their Base Attack Power multiplied by 1.5. (e.g. Aerial Ace goes from 6 to 9, Mach Punch goes from 4 to 6, etc.) The Energy Cost for a one-hit or two-hit attack is increased by one (1). Each hit in a multi-hit move is boosted by one (1) Base Attack Power, and the Energy Cost for multi-hit attacks is increased by two (2). Because Technician is a multiplier on single hit moves, its effect is applied to Base Attack Power before any additive effects.
Steadfast (DW): (innate) If this Pokemon is flinched, it becomes aware of the speed difference and increases Speed by one (1) stage to make up the difference. This Speed boost is maintained at the end of each round.

HP: 100
Atk: Rank 4
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 121 (+)
Size Class: 3
Weight Class: 4
Base Rank Total: 19

EC: 2/6
DC: 1/5

Moves:
Vacuum Wave
Quick Attack
Leer
Focus Energy
Double Team
Pursuit
False Swipe
Agility
Wing Attack
Fury Cutter
X-Scissor
Feint

Counter
Night Slash
Reversal

Brick Break
Aerial Ace
U-Turn

Total Moves: 18

Archen [Gene] (M)

Nature: Mild (+1 Rank Sp. Atk., -1 Rank Def)
Type:
Rock: Rock STAB; reduce damage from all special attacks by two (2) Base Attack Power during Sandstorm. Able to use Sand Tomb without losing focus.
Flying: Flying STAB; immunity to Ground attacks except under the effects of Smack Down and Gravity, even for ground-based flying Pokemon. Will always hit foes with Dig (except other Flying types) and Dive. Cannot be hit by Dive unless the attacking Pokemon has a size class greater than four (4). Immune to Spikes and Toxic Spikes. Enhanced aerial mobility. Superior senses in open air arenas.

Abilities:
Defeatist: (Innate) The Pokemon tires from prolonged battles easily, and its Attack and Special Attack reduce by two (2) Ranks when at or below 50% of its maximum HP. Once Defeatist is active, attacks cost two (2) less energy. If the Pokemon goes back above 50% of its maximum HP in battle, Defeatist's effects will disappear.

Stats:
Atk: Rank 4
Def: Rank 1 (-)
SpA: Rank 4 (+)
Spe: 70
Weight Class: 1
Base Rank Total: 16

EC: 1/6
DC: 1/5

Moves:
Quick Attack
Leer
Wing Attack
Rock Throw
Double Team
Scary Face
Pluck
AncientPower
Agility
Quick Guard
Acrobatics
U-turn

Dragon Pulse
Earth Power
Head Smash

Aerial Ace
Stone Edge
Bulldoze

Total Moves: 18[/QUOTE]

1. Gallad sends out.
2. TalkingLion sends out and orders
3. Gallad orders
4. I'll ref

I was just kidding. I like making excuses for my own shortcomings. Take from that what you will.

Anywho...

Stone Edge, combo Head Smash + Acrobatics, cool down

Round 1

Sorry about this round being late because of christmas day and all, but I hope my flavor makes up for this a bit.
Pre-Round
Talking Lion

Snorunt – Snowstorm (F)
Energy: 100
Stat Changes:
Other:

VS

Galladiator

Archen – Gene (M)
Stat Changes:
Other:

Just when I thought that people were coming up with more creative arenas and leaving the ASB arena to gather dust, Galladiator and a lion that talks decide to pit their pokemon against each other here. *cough* *cough* OK, the ASB has gathered a bit of dust, and only half of the 50,000 seat arena is full, but this battle is primed and ready for action!

Talkinglion who isn’t actually a lion, but actually a pokemon trainer, sends out a Snorunt named Snowstorm whilst on the opposite side of the arena is Galladiator, which I assume is a mix between a Gallade and Gladiator. Anyway he sends out Gene the Archen; and now that both trainers have their pokemon deployed the battle can begin!

Gene swoops down and flies back up, with, uhhhhhh, gravel following him. While the audience marvels at this, the gravel pieces itself together like a jigsaw puzzle into a blade shape with a razor sharp edge of stone. This strikes the opposing Snorunt with incredible force and the pokemon lovingly nicknamed Snowstorm falls to the ground! But she then gets back up quickly and uses Frost Breath! That was super-effective but it must have had something more to it, I remember now, frost breath always crits!

Following up that massive display Gene looks to top it even! An AcroSmash combo does even more, half of Snowstorms HP even, but with a price (aka recoil). Snowstorm was just biding here time though, and uses an avalanche fueled with the need for vengeance. The sound of snow hitting the hard surface was heard for miles, and Gene is right in the thick of it, literally.

Galladiator makes no attempt to order and now I see why. Gene managed to dig himself out of the snow, but now he just needs a breather. He’s cooling down from the combo and just lying about, not even flying! And Snowstorm takes advantage and uses a Water Pulse. Creating an orb water on the tip of her head, she then blasts it at Gene for underwhelming damage considering that it’s super effective.

After action two Gene became a bit of a defeatist but his trainer will still hope he can come out on against a determined Snorunt. The battlefield is drenched from the melted snow and the leftover pulsed water, will either trainer take advantage next round?

Post-Round
Talking Lion

Snorunt – Snowstorm (F)
HP: 16
Energy: 86
Stat Changes:
Other:

VS

Galladiator

Archen – Gene (M)
HP: 19
Energy: 70
Stat Changes:
Other:

Snorunt
Frost Breath 3 energy critical hit 15 damage
Avalanche 7 energy 23 damage
Water Pulse 4 energy 9 damage
Archen
Stone Edge 7 energy 27 damage
Head Smash + Acrobatcis
BAP: 24
Energy: 24
Accuracy: 90%
Type: Rock
AcroSmash 23 energy RNG rolled 1/16 for a crit 47 damage -24 HP recoil
Defeatist activates
Combo cooldown

I'll get images up latter but for now Gallad can just order.

Well, that went relatively well.

Stone Edge x3

IF Snowstorm uses Protect THEN replace action (once) with Double Team (4 clones)

Round 2

Pre-Round
Talking Lion

Snorunt – Snowstorm (F)
Energy: 86
Stat Changes:
Other:

VS

Galladiator

Archen – Gene (M)
HP: 19
Energy: 70
Stat Changes:
Other:

Gene is now flying again while snowstorm just looks at him, hoping to find a weakness.

Both trainers suddenly shout orders and I can tell you now that moves would KO if successful, but Snowstorm aianst all odds moves first. A double ice shard combo is why! The move makes snowstorm move extra fast and as snowstorm takes a leap Gene Can’t change course in time and ice KOed Gene imminently.

Post-Round
Talking Lion

Snorunt – Snowstorm (F)
Energy: 72
Stat Changes:
Other:

VS

Galladiator

Archen – Gene (M)
HP: K
Energy: O
Stat Changes:
Other:

Snorunt
Ice Shard + Ice Shard combo
BAP: 9
Energy: 15
Double Ice Shard 14 energy 20 damage
Archen
KOed

Gallad sends out
Talkinglion orders
Gallad orders

I don't think Galladiator really needs to send out his mon, as he has only one left. To save time, I'll order now.

Ice Shard Frost Breath Combo ~ Combo Cooldown ~ Avalanche

Round 3

Pre-Round
Talking Lion

Snorunt – Snowstorm (F)
Energy: 72
Stat Changes:
Other:

VS

Galladiator

Scyther - Lloyd (M)
Stat Changes:
Other:

This is a quick round where not a lot happened. Sorry for reffing this late as well so let’s get this over with.

Galladiator sends out Lloyd, his trusty Scyther. He hopes it will be this Scyther who finishes off Talkinglion’s team and help him come from behind. As the round starts shards of ice mystically appear around snowstorm who is then enveloped in a fine layer of vapour. Snowstorm suddenly springs into the air towards Lloyd - with her frost shard attack at full power - who in a desperate effort to avoid the painful combo uses evasive agility in the nick of time! Then, knowing his opponent needs time to regroup, Lloyd turns around and comes back towards the exposed snorunt and smashes her with a brick break. And with that, Snowstorm the Snorunt is KOed.

Post-Round
Talking Lion

Snorunt – Snowstorm (F)
Stat Changes:
Other:

VS

Galladiator

Scyther - Lloyd (M)
Energy: 87
Stat Changes:
Other:

Snorunt
Ice Shard + frost breath combo, doesn’t matter because snorunt will be KOed before it can attack again.
KOed
Scyther
Evasive Agility 7 energy evades all attacks this action
Brick Break 6 energy 17 damage

Talkinglion sends out Kelev the Growlithe automatically.
Galladiator issues actions
Talkinglion issues actions

Assuming it's okay to post, since Lion doesn't really need to post that he's sending out Growlithe.

Combo Night Slash + X-Scissor, cool down, Brick Break

IF for some reason Growlithe uses Dig A1 THEN change actions to Double Team (4 clones), Night Slash, Brick Break

Round 4

Pre-Round
Talking Lion

Growlithe - Kelev (M)
Stat Changes:
Other:

VS

Galladiator

Scyther - Lloyd (M)
Energy: 87
Stat Changes:
Other:

Sorry that this is over DQ, I've had a lot on my plate because of new years day and I thought I'd just give you the round. Sorry about the lack of flavour.
Post-Round
Talking Lion

Growlithe - Kelev (M)
HP: 63
Energy: 71
Stat Changes:
Other:

VS

Galladiator

Scyther - Lloyd (M)
HP: 41
Energy: 65
Stat Changes:
Other: Burned

Growlithe
Flamethrower + Flamethrower combo
BAP: 23
Energy: 27 energy
Effect Chance: 20%
Double Flamethrower 26 energy 39 damage RNG rolled 12/100 for a burn
Combo cooldown
Flame Wheel 3 energy 14 damage
Scyther
Night Slash + X-Scissor combo
BAP: 15
Energy: 17
Type: Bug
Night Scissor 16 energy RNG rolled 2/16 for crit 17 damage
-2 HP burn
Combo cooldown
-2 HP burn
Brick Break 6 energy 10 damage
-2 HP burn

TL, go.

Well, this is starting to suck.

Night Slash, Counter, X-Scissor

IF the combo A2 would KO you outright THEN replace A2 with Evasive Agility

Round 5

Pre-Round
Talking Lion

Growlithe - Kelev (M)
HP: 63
Energy: 71
Stat Changes:
Other:

VS

Galladiator

Scyther - Lloyd (M)
HP: 41
Energy: 65
Stat Changes:

Both pokemon are heavily injured after last round, whoever takes the upper hand this round could win, but can Lloyd come over the type weakness? That is the question.

Starting off with bang Lloyd advances on his prey before slashing it with all of the power of darkness and night. This makes Kelev shiver with a superficial fear when there is nothing to be afraid of really. When Kelev regains his composure he releases a flamethrower from his fiery maw. The attack brings Lloyd to the ground, unmoving, but it doesn’t look like he’s knocked out just yet.

Kelev wants to finish it now, and attempts to do so by sprinting on all fours towards Lloyd. Flames suddenly envelop his body as he speeds up, but this isn’t just a flame wheel, it’s a flame ace combo! When the dust clears Lloyd is nowhere to been, when the crowd suddenly looks up and points at the sun, no not the sun, it’s Lloyd! The crowd woops delight at that excellent display of agility and determination which will help Lloyd live another round at least.

To round things off Lloyd strikes to tired out Kelev with an X-Scissor. The force of the attack makes Kelev airborne even though it was weakened because of the burn! This ironically brings both pokemon to where they were at the start, facing off on opposite sides of the arena. Who will this end? You’ll just have to stay at the ASB arena to find out!

Post-Round
Talking Lion

Growlithe - Kelev (M)
HP: 46
Energy: 54
Stat Changes:
Other:

VS

Galladiator

Scyther - Lloyd (M)
HP: 15
Energy: 48
Stat Changes:

Growlithe
Flamethrower 6 energy 20 damage
Aerial Ace + Flame Wheel combo
Flame Ace 11 energy missed
Combo cooldown
Scyther
Night Slash 5 energy 9 damage
-2 HP burn
Evasive agility 7 energy successful
-2 HP burn
X-Scissor 5 energy 10 damage
-2 HP burn

Galladiator is first

Round 6

Pre-Round
Talking Lion

Growlithe - Kelev (M)
HP: 46
Energy: 54
Stat Changes:
Other:

VS

Galladiator

Scyther - Lloyd (M)
HP: 15
Stat Changes:

To heck with Pre-round flavour. Lloyd uses X-Scissor which only leaves a small mark on Kelev but then Kelev uses Flamethrower to blast Lloyd right into the stands and making a comical, larger-than-life, explosion which not only KOes Lloyd but kills several spectators as well. Talkinglion is torn between screaming at his Growlithe telling him to not blow up people or congratulating him for winning the battle, he decides on the latter.

Post-Round
Talking Lion

Growlithe - Kelev (M)
HP: 36
Stat Changes:
Other:

VS

Galladiator

Scyther - Lloyd (M)
Stat Changes:

Growlithe
Flamethrower 6 energy 20 damage
Scyther
X-Scissor 5 energy 10 damage
KOed

Rewards
Each trainer gets 2 CC
I get 5 UC
Archen gets 1 EC, 2 MC and 1 DC. The other pokemon get the same + 1 KOC.

GG and I'd certainly ref you guys if given the chance. Also sorry for some round not having flavour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)