ORAS OU Gallade and Gengar

Gallade and Gengar can blast through the entire meta game with their coverage. All I needed was a bulky team to support them by walling anything faster and grant free entry with slowturn. And so I have the offensive core, along side the extensive tank/utility core.

OFFENSIVE CORE
Gallade
Gallade @ Galladite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off
- Destiny Bond

Gengar
Gengar @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Destiny Bond

Together, Gallade and Gengar can hit anything that counts for massive damage. Gengar mutilates everything that walls Gallade. It often spends the game waiting to get slow turned in and throw huge chunks of damage into the enemy team in the form of shadow balls and sludge waves. Destiny bond gets you out of sticky situations and screws Bisharp when it really should screw Gengar. Generally at team preview it will be clear that one of the two will win the game, and so the other just keeps hitting until it destiny bonds the last foe.

SLOW TURN CORE
Landorus Therian
Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

Rotom Wash
Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Toxic
- Pain Split

Not gonna lie, I considered 0 speed evs on these two, but I'm not sure it would really help much. Landorus and Rotom Wash are excellent pokemon on their own, and absolutely make a great defensive core as is. Add volt switch and U-Turn, and you get your pick of a Gallade or Gengar to bring in without worry abut their health. They check tons of pokemon, bulk, utility, etc, these are some pretty bread and butter OU pokemon. Toxic break tanks and setup sweepers, and I opted for Landorus to carry the rocks so Ferrothorn could bring thunderwave. I was sad to drop will o wisp, but toxic is more necessary for those random defensive setup sweepers who get out of hand. Go home Volcarona. Knockoff was also dropped, as Gallade can smash through chansey, and put in stone edge instead to murder birds that would otherwise set up on Landorus.

DEFENSIVE CORE
Heatran
Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower
-
- Toxic
- Protect

Sylveon
Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
Calm Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect

These two fill the defensive holes in the team, helping take on the threats that Landorus and Rotom can only tango with a couple times during the game, or those with overwhelming coverage. Sylveon can handle any special attack that isn't a stab weakness, and threaten back Hyper Voice. Wish keeps the entire Utilty/tank core chugging strong, and can allow Gengar to abuse its immunities to refuel lifeorb. The team is extremely weak to status, as three of my tanks can take toxic and both sweepers can get parlyzed/burned so healbell is a must. Hypervoice and flamethrower do decent chip damage, and ancient power is .

CONSIDERED CHANGES:
Problem Mons:Crocune, Restalk Gyarados

Gallade @ Galladite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off
- Destiny Bond

Gengar @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Destiny Bond

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
Calm Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower
- Ancient Power
- Toxic
- Protect

Last edited:
Team looks really solid but on Fero i would replace Twave with Spikes just because your defensive core deals with the things that are faster than your offensive core. Spikes also really helps you have a niche against other ferrothorns and you can get some damage racking up on the opponents team. Lando-T deals with M-Lopunny, fero+sylv deal with the Lati@s, and Rotom + Lando gives you bird control. Gallade and Gengar are pretty fast with 110 base speed and the amount of things that do outspeed them are walled by the other mons on your team so spikes would definitely be a better option. As well as the fact you are weak to crocune, 3 lairs of spikes and stealth rocks isn't going to solve that problem but it will help you quite a bit more than t wave would.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Protect

Team looks really solid but on Fero i would replace Twave with Spikes just because your defensive core deals with the things that are faster than your offensive core. Spikes also really helps you have a niche against other ferrothorns and you can get some damage racking up on the opponents team. Lando-T deals with M-Lopunny, fero+sylv deal with the Lati@s, and Rotom + Lando gives you bird control. Gallade and Gengar are pretty fast with 110 base speed and the amount of things that do outspeed them are walled by the other mons on your team so spikes would definitely be a better option. As well as the fact you are weak to crocune, 3 lairs of spikes and stealth rocks isn't going to solve that problem but it will help you quite a bit more than t wave would.
I agree. I haven't been using thunderwave much, as Ferrothorn really isn't drawing in anything that it can catch with the move anyway. In fact, I haven't been using Ferrothorn much at all since Greninja left town. Right now I'm considering swapping out ferrothorn for Heatran, as it covers my weakness to Volcarona and Mega Scizor.

Why are you running Bold on Landorus instead of Impish?
lol how did that happen? That's not the nature I have on the Sim. I'll fix that.

alright so lando checks birdspam while ferro checks azu I'd just replace ferro with tran to beat scizor and subcm keldeo to volc and set up on crocune and sableye. idk about sylv but unaware clefable is always better than it since you lose power but you gain access to unaware which is another stop to set up sweepers like lumddnite. Bisharp at +2 sweeps and having two mons with rocks doesnt make sense. Tran gets rocks and checks sableye also gets taunt to prevent rocks from random crap. If you put tran on it would be better for your gallade set since that set gets walled by mega venu. Sub is cool to pass through wisp gar is cool too since d bond passes through pursuit and knock off so you dont have to risk mindgames with your opponent when they send in a bisharp. I also took off heal bell on clef since you have sub gallade you already dont take status its really your choice since if you take off cm on clef you can run twave.

TEAM

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 228 SpD / 28 Spe
Calm Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Protect

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Moonblast
- Protect
- Thunder Wave

Keldeo @ Leftovers
EVs: 32 HP / 224 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Substitute
- Calm Mind

So I started making a few changes to the team. The big change is dropping Ferrothorn for Heatran, and I have to say that went well. I'm playing with gallade's moveset, and I'll try Clefable and Keldeo soon.

Lost badly to a mega pinsir. Was dumb and lost Rotom W, my only answer to it. Silly me. Clefable should handle it better though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)