1v1 LC
2 rec/5 chill
1 Day DQ
Training Items only
2 Subs
All Abilities
ASB Arena
Also taking above.
So, let's get straight to the good stuff, shall we? The pokemon each trainer has chosen to compete!!!

Galladiator has chosen his dear pokemon;
Galladiator said:
Aron [Korangon] (M) (OT: Maxim)
Nature: Adamant (Adds * to attack, Subtracts * to Special Attack)

Type:
Steel: Steel STAB; Immune to Sandstorm, highly insusceptible to toxic attacks, but can be corroded specifically by Acid and Acid Spray, can be magnetized. Superior senses in high-metal environments like construction sites or factories.
Rock: Rock STAB; Take 2 less damage from all special attacks during Sandstorm. Able to use Sand Tomb without losing focus.

Abilities:
Sturdy: (Innate) This Pokemon’s body is solidly constructed, reducing the Base Attack Power from an opponents incoming attacks by one (1). The effect is amplified on OHKO Moves, which are reduced by ten (10) Base Attack Power.
Rock Head: (Innate) This Pokemon’s hard body prevents it from taking recoil damage from moves such as Double-Edge, Flare Blitz, and Head Smash.
Heavy Metal (DW): (Innate) The Pokemon's body structure is immensely dense, doubling its weight. When it uses a full-body attack or a weight-based attack it will do more damage, and it will be much harder to lift, throw, or knock back.

Stats:
HP: 90
Atk: Rank 4 (+)
Def: Rank 4
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 30
Size Class: 1
Weight Class: 4 (60 kg)
Base Rank Total: 15

EC: 2/9
MC: 0
DC: 1/5

Attacks:
Tackle
Harden
Mud-Slap
Headbutt
Metal Claw
Iron Defense
Roar
Take Down
Metal Burst
Protect
Autotomize
Metal Sound

Head Smash
Screech
Iron Head

Earthquake
Substitute
Double Team

Total Moves: 18

And Yarnus of Bethany, who has moved me like never before with how verbose he can be;
Yarnus of Bethany said:
Mon

Aipom(*) Pow! (M)
Nature: Adamant (Attack increased by *; Special Attack reduced by *)
Type: Normal
Normal: Normal STAB; adapt comfortably to any surrounding after 3 actions. Able to use Outrage without losing focus.

Abilities:
Run Away: (Innate) This Pokemon is quick on its feet and will evade any field traps and hazards that would harm it (Spikes, Stealth Rock, Toxic Spikes) in an arena. A Pokemon can still absorb Toxic Spikes if it has Run Away and is Poison-typed. Run Away does not allow the Pokemon to switch out of trapping moves or abilities, however it can escape other situational trapping strategies in battle.
Pick Up: (Innate) This Pokemon has a natural habit of collecting items. Whenever a hold item (its own or an opponents) is used or knocked onto the ground with a move like Knock Off, this Pokemon will immediately pick up that item without using an action. It can also grab dropped or naturally occuring hold items in arenas.

Skill Link: (Innate)(unlocked) This Pokemon’s skillfull aim makes its multi-hit moves always hit 5 times. The Energy Cost of multi-hit attacks is increased by three (3).
Stats:
HP: 90
Atk: Rank 4 (+)
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 85
Total Ranks:14
Size Ranks: 1
Weight Rank: 2

EC: 6/6
MC: 0
DC: 5/5

19 Attacks
Attacks:
Scratch(*)
Tail Whip(*)
Sand Attack(*)
Astonish(*)
Baton Pass(*)
Tickle(*)
Fury Swipes(*)
Swift(*)
Screech(*)
Agility
Last Resort
Double hit

Fake Out(*)
Revenge(*)
Bounce(*)
Magic Coat

Double Edge(*)
Fire Punch(*)
Ice Punch(*)
Thunder Punch
Seed Bomb
Brick Break
Counter
Taunt
Protect
U-turn
Dig
Endure
Snatch
Pursuit
Aerial Ace
Focus Punch
Shadow Claw
Thunder Wave
Substitute
Double Team
Toxic
Acrobatics
Hone Claws
Return
Since Galladiator issued the challenge, he sends out his Aron, Korangon (no post required)
Then Yarnus sends out his Aipom, Pow! (also no post required), then issues his actions (post required)
Then Galladiator shall issue his own actions (post required here too)
Then I shall ref (post required here too, wouldn't you know it)
And so on and so forth. You can attach your training item of choice when you issue your first actions each.

Aaaannnndddd....

begin!

Kor is holding a Lucky Egg.

That's going to be a bit tricky, but I think this should work just fine.

Iron Defense, Protect, Head Smash

Every roll I do is out of 10000, just as a heads-up. I'm also kinda bad at any lengthy flavor.

90 HP
100 Energy

Vs.

90 HP
100 Energy

Alright, let's get things rolling here, I'm sure both trainers want to get these pokemon ready for the big leagues! Galladiator sends out his Aron, Korangon, holding a Lucky Egg, that way the little mountain-eater will be able to unlock his full potential even faster! Yarnus of Bethany responds with an Aipom named Pow! yes, that exclamation point is part of the little guy's name. He has unlocked his full potential, perhaps he is baiting easier winning experience against other weaker mons with smaller movepools? If that's the case, then Galladiator has fallen right into his trap, let's see if Kor's hard exterior can get him out of it and make Yarnus pay for his trickery.

Pow! starts the match off by taking a Brick (where did he even get that brick? There aren't any around that I can see) and Breaks it over Korangon's head, and it looks like that (to me at least) confusing play dealt some major damage to the little Aron still learning how to fight. I don't know if the little guy understands how to strike back yet, as he takes the brick remnants and eats them, buffing his already Iron Defense.

Pow! is looking to keep up the offensive pressure by burrowing underground. Korangon sees this, and knows the devastating blow about to befall him, so he surrounds himself with a Protective barrier. If Korangon wants to survive this fight, he has to take the offensive at some point! Pow! comes back up under Korangon, but the barrier is still up to prevent the blow!

Pow! is now running circles around Korangon, knowing that barrier has to fall sometime. And sure enough, Korangon has to drop the barrier before he tires himself out. While catching his breath, the Aron fails to notice Pow! taking another Brick (I really have to pay closer attention to where he's getting those bricks from) and Breaking it on Korangon's back. It looks like this enraged Korangon to finally try to fight back, as he lowers his Head and charges forward, hoping to Smash into Pow! I say hoping, because the little guy tucked his head too soon, allowing Pow! to simply jump out of the way on his tail, meaning the attack missed!

Aipom
Brick Break
RNG roll to crit; 9514 = no crit
[8 - 1 + (4 - 4)*1.5]*2.25 = 15.75 Damage, 6 Energy

Dig
RNG roll to crit; 2853 = no crit
[8 - 1 + (4 - 4)*1.5]*2.25 - 2*(1.75) = 12.25 Damage, 10 Energy, blocked

Brick Break
RNG roll to crit; 7982 = no crit
[8 - 1 + (4 - 4)*1.5]*2.25 - 2*(1.75) = 12.25 Damage, 6 Energy

Aron
Iron Defense
6 Energy

Protect
7 + (12.25/2.5) = 11.9 Energy

Head Smash
RNG roll to hit; 9921 = miss
9.6 Energy

90 HP
78 Energy

Vs.

72 HP
73 Energy
+1 Defense

Korangon is a little late starting his offense, but hopefully luck will be less against him and he can mount a comeback! Or will Pow! maintain his lead?!?!?!?!!?!??!

Galladiator, you're up next!!

Now's our chance. Do what you can, Kor!

Iron Head + Head Smash combo, cool down, Earthquake
IF Protect OR evasive Agility on the action of the combo THEN Autotomize and push down
IF Counter on the action of the combo THEN Autotomize and push down ONCE

90 HP
78 Energy

Vs.

72 HP
73 Energy
+1 Defense

Alright, let's get back to the action!!!

Korangon gets ready for one hell of an attack, I can already tell! Unfortunately for the little guy, Pow! runs up and slaps him right across the face. It doesn't look like it hurt much, but I think it Faked Out Korangon. It looks like we won't find out what that attack would have been after all, as Korangon flinches.

Korangon is awaiting an order from his trainer, as Pow! tightens his focus insanely hard. Seriously, you're gonna pop a blood vessel. Korangon doesn't know what to do, as he was going to use a combo last turn, so he was expecting to cooldown this turn, so he just does nothing. Pow!, on the other hand, turns into one giant-ass fist, and slams into Korangon with a Super Focus Punch, dealing such incredible damage that it finished off Korangon before he could land a single move! Korangon has been KO'ed!

Aipom
Fake Out
RNG roll to crit; 4312 = no crit
[4 - 1 + 3 + (4 - 4)*1.5]*4/9 - 1.75 = 0.92 Damage, 3 Energy

Focus Punch+Focus Punch
RNG roll to crit; 4056 = no crit
[33.75 - 1 + (4 - 4)*1.5]*2.25 - 1.75 = 71.94 Damage, 42 Energy

Aron
Iron Head+Head Smash
Flinch

Nothing

90 HP
33 Energy

Vs.

0 HP
73 Energy

Prizes
Yarnus; 2 CC
Aipom; 3 MC, 1 KOC

Galladiator; 2 CC
Aron; 1 EC, 2 MC, 1 DC, 1 Lucky Egg Counter (good for EC or DC)

rickheg; 3 UC

Thanks for playing, both of you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)