Game of Thrones

Status
Not open for further replies.

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
man that joffrey/tywin scene was beyond amazing.

the dany scene was also great. dragons rule.

i feel like they're completely overdoing the theon scenes to the point that they just become annoyingly redundant. i get that alfie allen is a starring cast member that needs screen time, but i wish they would use that time to explore other characters, particularly the bran/jojen storyline since there's been comparatively little development there since the start of the season. from what i hear from the book readers, theon isn't a big part of the books anyways so i really wish they'd just do away with him

oh i forgot to add this originally but i'm really excited to see what will happen to gendry. he was always one of those mysterious characters whose purpose in the series i didn't really understand but it'd be pretty neat if he took on a bigger role

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Best episode of the season, imo. Amazing all around, but the Tyrion scenes were fucking great. I was a little disappointed when I looked at the time and noticed the episode was about to end on such a shitty note... and then it came out.

Its funny how, when Tyrion got his stool taken away, just for a second I thought "man Joffrey is an okay character, he finally did something amazing", but then he just like... was shit the rest of the time. Wutevz.

Tyrion rules.

Danmire

its okay.
is an Artist Alumnus
Pretty much what kokoloko said. The acting in this episode was so stellar, god, these actors play their roles perfectly.

That ending is on par with Daenery's siege of the other city. The effects and the expressions on the characters were so amazing.

10/10

This episode was outstanding. Pretty much on board with what Kokoloko and Danmire said.

Yes, Lord Jesseus, he left the dagger behind. Don't worry I facepalmed when I read that part in the books.

Django

Started from the bottom...
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Its funny how, when Tyrion got his stool taken away, just for a second I thought "man Joffrey is an okay character, he finally did something amazing", but then he just like... was shit the rest of the time. Wutevz.
What, removing the stool was such a dick move, making the whole room laugh at him and forcing him to ask Sansa to kneel down rather than just being able to do it himself. Joffreys giggle afterwards was just the icing on the cake

i was pleased that they calmed down with their desultory perspective shifts and actually gave each appearing character his due focus. it led the plot move forward at a good pace and allowed the episode to be probably the most satisfying of the season. we even managed to elude the obligatory theon torture scene :>

That was an amazing episode. Didn't Sam find a whole bag of dragon's glass though? I mean, he's dumb for leaving one behind, but if he had more I could see why you'd panic. Its not like one shard would save you from an army, maybe just one white walker at a time. I'm also kind of confused at the white walker's motives. They killed off the guys at the start of season one but had no intention of killing Sam, and they had two chances. You'd think they'd value a man of the Knight's Watch more than a baby.

Also, if dragonstone produces dragonglass then I can see why Melisandra wants Stannis to win. Just a thought.

Django

Started from the bottom...
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
maybe they know the baby is important for some reason !!!11!!

or maybe they dont and they just like killing babies

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
Also, if dragonstone produces dragonglass then I can see why Melisandra wants Stannis to win. Just a thought.
It's true that the place has large deposits of obsidian but it's not currently being manufactured as dragongass (the usable weapon form) as it is considered largely valueless by everyone apart from Samwell, John and people on the wall who know of its effects against the others.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Nah the White Walker going after the baby goes back to last season when they first met Craster. Basically every time Craster gets a son out of one of his daughters he sacrifices it the White Walkers so that they don't kill him and shit. So Sam is essentially taking away their tribute in the form of Gilly's child.

Hence the White Walker not really giving a fuck about Sam.

Kind of nitpicky but at the start of Season one the things that killed people were wights, reanimated dead people, the first introduction of an actual White Walker was at the end of season 2.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Kind of nitpicky but at the start of Season one the things that killed people were wights, reanimated dead people, the first introduction of an actual White Walker was at the end of season 2.
I read all 5 books and I never noticed this until the TV show. I thought White Walkers just were undead.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
A quick review of episode 1 makes it tough to tell, the icey blue eyes are present though that may hold for wights as well, but the trademark extreme whiteness isn't there. Unfortunately there isn't a really solid look at the thing up close.

For reference I use moonlightmedia.tv as i don't subscribe to HBO

As a side note I'm rereading the series and am currently halfway through ACoK; does anyone remember what happened to the man who replaced Janos Slynt in the show? I think it was Ser Jacelyn Bywater or something. I can't recall if anything to do with him was mentioned in the show.

Kinneas

puffoon
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm pretty sure it's a White Walker that kills Gared in the opening scene of season one. The little girl that Will sees is a Wight, but the one that hunts down the rangers has a different kind of blue eyes, moves far too quickly, and even tosses the decapitated head of Will's fellow crow at his feet to scare the shit out of him. That's not the behaviour of your average walking dead. They may not have been sure on the final look of White Walkers for the TV show when that scene was shot, so they may have changed in appearance, but I think it was definitely intended to be one.

I think Jacelyn Bywater wasn't written into the TV show since they gave the gold cloaks to Bronn, and that doesn't happen in the books. He's a minor character anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)