Game of Thrones

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was a really good episode tonight. My only issue was Jaime killing his cousin. Completely out of character imo.

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
... the ending of that episode. Completely out of the blue for me.

Also, sympathy gained for Cersei, none for Jamie.

I will enjoy watching Greyjoy die slowly.

Once you get to the Jaime chapters in a Storm of Swords, and some of his bits in Clash of Kings he gets much much better, imo he is one of the wittiest characters out of what i've read so far (halfway through SoS pt1).

Ice-eyes

Simper Fi
I'm enjoying Jaime and his banter, but I do think that killing his cousin was just about the only thing he wouldn't do to escape. Maybe he's just practicing for Lancel, though. (:P)

Jon Snow + Ygritte was a bit cringeworthy. Guess it helps us to remember that the kid is 16 and awkwaaaaard around girls, even if he can run around beasting everyone at swordplay and killing frost zombies.

Just finished watching the latest episode... I haven't read the books, but I have a feeling those burnt bodies aren't Starks. Also, I never realized John Snow is 16. He's my age, and he's already given up the rest of his life? Also, is it really that surprising that a 16 year old hasn't fucked anyone yet? And if John is 16, how old is the king? 14? I could imagine a 17 year old do that stuff to a women, barely. But 14? He really is a mad man. Also, I'm loving Aria's scenes (she must be like 8, right? She's really bright for an 8 year old). Jaime is kind of an idiot, though at some point if your Robb you have to say "give me Sansa back and I'll give you Jaime back" straight up, right? As for at Qarth... those undead guys are fucked up. just saying.

Danmire

its okay.
is an Artist Alumnus
In the show everyone is a bit older.

Also, who is this Young Griff Tyrion seems to be interested about in the 5th book c:

Does anyone else think Coldhands is Benjen Stark?

Ice-eyes

Simper Fi
Maybe Tyrion should hire Arya to give Joffrey lessons in how to do psychopathy right.

Stupid Theon. Why burn the bodies of major characters when you can flay them?

I also liked how, in the books, Reek/Ramsay's idea to kill the miller's children and pass them off as the Stark's links with the pretender Arya later on.

But yeah there is speculation that:
Young Griff / Aegon is actually a pretender, and Rhaegar's real son with Lyanna Stark is Jon Snow.

Also, yeah, Coldhands is Benjen. Must be. UNLESS IT'S NED OR VARYS BET IT'S VARYS ACTUALLY OH SHIT ITS ILLYRIO OH NO ACTUALLY ITS THE SECRET LOVECHILD OF KHAL DROGO AND ROOSE BOLTON

idiotfrommars

HODOR HODOR HODOR
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Well I was really looking forward to this episode and they managed to put absolutely nothing meaningful in, so props to the writers.

At least we have battle of the blackwater to look forward to next week.

Danmire

its okay.
is an Artist Alumnus
Well, I kinda enjoyed putting more character into Robb and Jeyne. It was okay. Alot of talking though.

But next episode is going to be worth it oh my fucking gooood.

"Theres no cure for being a cunt"

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Well I was really looking forward to this episode and they managed to put absolutely nothing meaningful in, so props to the writers.

At least we have battle of the blackwater to look forward to next week.
I guess people not dying implies nothing meaningful because if not, the whole point of the episode went over your head.

I feel like nothing happened at all this episode. It had the feel of a giant set up for blackwater. You know nothing much happened when the climax is Bran finding out orphans died. except for arya's scenes, which, like always, was pretty funny.

idiotfrommars

HODOR HODOR HODOR
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Well they found the dragon glass, sure, but Jeyne actually seeming to be from Volantis really pissed me off. Also I was expecting the house of the undying this episode which obviously didn't happen. The fact that Tyrion seems to just now be planning for the defense of Kings Landing seems quite stupid when Stannis is just two days away, and no chain ? They cut Weasel Soup, but hopefully the coin still makes it in. Also Catelyn released Jaime and Robb cheated with Jeyne after they found out about Bran and Rickons deatha which was really critical to the reasoning behind the actions. Also Shae is a really bad actor compared to Dinklage which ruined that scene for me.

And that is why I didn't like this episode as much.

Ice-eyes

Simper Fi
Yeah, nothing much really happened that episode, but it seems like it's all going to pay off next episode when shit gets real.

I do also agree that Tyrion is being a bit weird and not showing his supposed competence enough. (Plus, yeah, Robb / Cat's character motivations wtf?)

I feel like nothing happened at all this episode. It had the feel of a giant set up for blackwater. You know nothing much happened when the climax is Bran finding out orphans died. except for arya's scenes, which, like always, was pretty funny.
To be fair, you do learn that Robb (or more appropriately, Richard Madden) is really bad at acting like he's interested in sex with a woman. I wish I knew where they were going with this plotline... if she's not actually some sort of spy for the Lannisters and these stories she's telling are true, I'll be incredibly disappointed. It had a lot of potential.

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
The fact that Tyrion seems to just now be planning for the defense of Kings Landing seems quite stupid when Stannis is just two days away, and no chain?
Chain's kind of unnecessary. Considering the size of Stannis's fleet compared to the size of blackwater, I don't think retreat would be a realistic option even if there isn't a chain blocking their path.

They cut Weasel Soup, but hopefully the coin still makes it in.
The last episode of the season is called all men must die, so yes, it's still in.

Yeah robb and joffery can fuck right off
jesus like most unnecessary characters ever

Ice-eyes

Simper Fi
Yeah robb and joffery can fuck right off
jesus like most unnecessary characters ever
I think that's largely the point of Robb and Joffrey. Things aren't neat, not everything happens for a reason. More than that, though, there's one major message from these two characters. You can be noble or depraved. You can be talented or incompetent. But, before everything else, young people are stupid. They're reckless and impulsive and shallow and they should be and it's glorious.

Also, yeah, I can put up with a lot of shit from Robb for the pure GRRM that is
the Red Wedding.

Greyjoy's storyline angers me to no end ... everything he does just makes me want to scream why?!?

Danmire

its okay.
is an Artist Alumnus
I'm sort of worried for tonight.

(If you haven't read the second book from beginning to end, don't bother opening this)
I believe it was Ser Moore that tried to kill Tyrion, but then he[Tyrion] was saved by Pod? If so, who do you guys think will try to kill Tyrion? Bronn? Ser Maryn?

man i knew that was the national right away at the end of the episode tonight. so awesome that they did that.

edit: just saw somebody mentioned it a few posts up. good stuff.

also, this episode was great except for the part where cersei was talking for 10-15 minutes. she is so boring and annoying. how did anybody get through book 4 again? ugh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)